5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

His finishing has been off so far, a great header though and I think he had a good game overall.

bakalhau

By the way, he must read this thread surely because I mean, everyone going on about work rate and then he goes full bonkers right the next game :lol:

Terminator

Okayish performance, but a great header!

Still think the West Ham away game is his only good performance for us so far in terms of all round performance.

Terminator

By the way, he must read this thread surely because I mean, everyone going on about work rate and then he goes full bonkers right the next game :lol:
Tbf he only worked hard defensively the 15 mins, didn't contribute much in the first 75.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's 36 y.o. and 5 times Ballon d'Or winners. But his desire to win is still as big as when he was an 18 y.o. young boy at United.

Valencia Shin Crosses

1 chance..?
Yeah I don't know what other chances he had really besides the half chance on the turn with is left that was saved. Rashford and Fred were the real culprits of missed chances that I can remember.

Regardless, he's a monster in front of goal always and also brings a level of class and tidyness in his play that others lack in the side.

MichaelRed

Yeah I don't know what other chances he had really besides the half chance on the turn with is left that was saved. Rashford and Fred were the real culprits of missed chances that I can remember.

Regardless, he's a monster in front of goal always and also brings a level of class and tidyness in his play that others lack in the side.
right? and his half chance of his left was about as good an effort as you could make from there, just a good save & nobody following in. Hardly 'wasting' a chance. People just find any odd reason to criticise him.

tomaldinho1

When we cross it from the left, be it Telles or Shaw he’s always there. Was really good, should have done better with that one on one but the GK did come out well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
After Messi's night yesterday, you knew he'd produce something. Their rivalry is insane.

Redlyn

That sprint to the corner flag to defend at 2-2 was epic. He looked like he really wanted this victory.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
I really believe he is on a mission to get Rooney's record.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He was exemplary with his leadership I thought
This. Would never have guessed we'd ever see this Ronaldo absolutely legging it back to the edge of his own area to close down the counter.

His desire was infectious tonight and he deserves all the credit in the world for that.

We'd still be a better team without him in it though :(

BerryBerryShrew

His work rate in the 2nd half impressed me. If he could do that every game it would add so much initiative to our play. It might also inspire all our other forwards (apart from Edi obviously) to buck up their ideas and start putting in a bit of a shift themselves.

Red00012

His reaction to the final whistle compared to Lindelof’s in the background:lol:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
If Ronaldo is holding us back, I wish he’d been holding us back with the same kind of urgency in the Europa League final.

Foxbatt

Look we play to his strengthen and bangs in the key goal. And fans say he's a problem
That is the whole issue. When you have Ronaldo you play to his strengths and he will get you a goal most of time. Play like we have Martial and Rashford up front and Ronaldo will not score. We have Cavani and Ronaldo and they should play together most of the important games.

Andersons Dietician

Quite amazed with the effort he was putting in from like the 70th minute. Before that it seemed like he was on energy saving mode, but he made some recovery runs or massive sprints to track people back and just help out in defence. Feel like Mason and Rashford should have taken note of that as the first half the front 4 were pretty bad at getting back in and helping defend.

Cracking goal and was really impressed with that chopped one he tried reversing back across the keeper.

He’s a freak of nature. Levels of drive are just otherworldly, he must have a God like-level of dopamine production in that brain of his.

Once we pulled the first goal back you just knew the stage was set for him to score a crucial late goal - the only uncertainty was whether the strike would be the equaliser or winner.

Trademark header to boot (why we haven’t thought to whip in crosses more regularly since his arrival given his prowess in the air has been astounding tbh!)

Please soak in these moments everyone.

Oh, I should also mention that it was maybe his best overall performance for the club in Act 2.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we stop endlessly just knocking the ball side to side and put the fecking thing into the mixer early we can punish teams with Cavani and Ronaldo getting onto things. Bruno from the right, Shaw or Pogba from the left and so on… beaut of a cross from Shaw, animal header by Ronnie.

I love headers. We need to try it a lot more often

NoLogo

Saved our ass again. You really can't fault him. He might not be the prime Ronaldo, but he is also good for winning goal and that emotional high we are all after. Honestly if he doesn't offer anything apart from scoring the winning goal I think he is still worth keeping around.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Quite amazed with the effort he was putting in from like the 70th minute. Before that it seemed like he was on energy saving mode, but he made some recovery runs or massive sprints to track people back and just help out in defence. Feel like Mason and Rashford should have taken note of that as the first half the front 4 were pretty bad at getting back in and helping defend.

Cracking goal and was really impressed with that chopped one he tried reversing back across the keeper.
That was definitely tactical - they were told to stay up and let the wing backs bomb on which left us 4 against 3 in transition. We should have scored at least 2 in that first half and to be honest the two goals they scored were down to Shaw and Maguire not a lack of tracking back so I still think it worked. We should never have gone in behind in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.