Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Absolutely he's done with this shit. His reactions throughout the game tell the whole story. He has been here for less than 2 months and he already looks fed up with us.
How about others being fed up with him. Why are a lot of people so Ronaldo centric, and instead get behind the club. He's nto the only problem but only made our current even bigger. HIs finishing is like Welbeck lately except for few games in he scored, and can't press to save his life. Noone should be bigger than a club and untouchable, he should be benched if he can't press or show some determination to help the team as a unit. At least with Zlatan, took a bit of time, but we could bench him eventually when things needed to freshen up. Big ego players at their last legs need to play from the bench if they can't contribute but Ronaldo is a bit too big I fear..

Will be a huge task for the next manager too. Just saying.

danamann

This has got to be the worst transfer decision in the last couple of years, and there have been many horrendous signings.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This has got to be the worst transfer decision in the last couple of years, and there have been many horrendous signings.
Agreed, Ronaldo was off his head when he decided to come to this circus of a club. We are run so badly, im not sure why he signed.

el3mel

How about others being fed up with him. Why are a lot of people so Ronaldo centric, and instead get behind the club. He's nto the only problem but only made our current even bigger. HIs finishing is like Welbeck lately except for few games in he scored, and can't press to save his life. Noone should be bigger than a club and untouchable, he should be benched if he can't press or show some determination to help the team as a unit. At least with Zlatan, took a bit of time, but we could bench him eventually when things needed to freshen up. Big ego players at their last legs need to play from the bench if they can't contribute but Ronaldo is a bit too big I fear..

Will be a huge task for the next manager too. Just saying.
I have already criticized him a lot this season. I even said this signing might be a huge mistake.

I'm talking about a different thing now.

Bobski

I thought he played well first half, did some good link up, passes came out ok, kept the plays going, kept tempo. Disallowed goal for offside in 2nd half, which wouldn't change the outcome of the match.

Another 4 days of bashing the dude here. It's not his fault he got hired. If the team is unbalanced, ditch him, or adapt somehow.
All I know is the first half every shot was off target, except the Ronaldo shot near the end and Greenwood's. Despite being offside, he actually put a ball in the net.

I was afraid this comeback would taint his legacy because you guys are so harsh. It's been 2 months and at this point, no matter how many times the dude performs and dugs you out of the rabbit hole, he's clearly the main issue for you guys, and that will never ever change. I'm seeing things way differently than you guys, but I respect your views.
See, that is the problem with a lot of the Ronaldo discussions. A lot of the Ronaldo fan boys are so obsessed with the Messi arguments and they can't step away from defending him.

He doesn't need to be defended, his legacy as one of the very best ever is set. Nothing he does now on the pitch is going to lessen his standing, he is nearly 37, it is ok for him, and Messi for that matter to decline, we don't have to pretend they are MCU characters.

lex talionis

I can’t remember where I read this, but it has been alleged City’s interest in Ronaldo was nothing more than a very public head fake to induce us to make the panic buy.

snk123

I can’t remember where I read this, but it has been alleged City’s interest in Ronaldo was nothing more than a very public head fake to induce us to make the panic buy.
Wow City really done us here. If not for Ronaldo, Ole would have lost his job sooner. So city and liverpool (not scoring more) totally conspiring to keep Ole in the job. Absolutely right

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Was he better than when he played against us? Against us he was a shadow, but I didn't watch your Liverpool game.

lex talionis

Wow City really done us here. If not for Ronaldo, Ole would have lost his job sooner. So city and liverpool (not scoring more) totally conspiring to keep Ole in the job. Absolutely right
Would Ronaldo have suited City in any way? Not a chance. It’s hard to imagine Pep actually wanting to bring him in. Still, it was our decision.

bakalhau

See, that is the problem with a lot of the Ronaldo discussions. A lot of the Ronaldo fan boys are so obsessed with the Messi arguments and they can't step away from defending him.

He doesn't need to be defended, his legacy as one of the very best ever is set. Nothing he does now on the pitch is going to lessen his standing, he is nearly 37, it is ok for him, and Messi for that matter to decline, we don't have to pretend they are MCU characters.
I don't care about that. I prefer him for my own personal reasons, and I'm not obsessed at this stage with his overall legacy, or getting into MvR blindless arguments. He doesn't need defending because he works every day to defend himself on the pitch, and he always ends up speaking for himself. It seems the only way he will get some respect for what he's doing right now is getting 60 goals a season, 20 assists, rabonas, and wild pressing every second of the game. The standards you guys set is very high and is appropriate for a club of the status of Man Utd, but I just can't agree with a lot of what's been said here.

Personally for me I've seen him having a few games where he was pretty bad overall for us, I'm discounting 2nd half here on a game that was done but thought he did well first half. Problem in the 1st half for me wasn't even the pressing, the midfield and defense were the issues. No amount of pressing can make up the shenanigans going on everywhere else on the field.

Some people questioning that he doesn't want to give it all to the team, like this guy doesn't live his whole life to be the best player he can be. Some people want him to press wildly at his age every game, so that when he needs to ditch a defender in the 85th minute on a through ball with pace, he'll be so tired,that he won't be able to do it. If he presses like a madman all game, and scores 15 goals all season, what's the point?

I just don't know what you guys want from him. He got hired, has a job to do, and god forbid me saying that in my honest view, he's actually helped in winning you a lot of points already this season. I don't know what can he ever do that will ever leave you guys happy with him. If there's structural issues with the team, or he wasn't the right fit, it's not his fault he got hired in the first place.

Edit: I want this to work out so badly, I mean that. I love Utd and love him and I wish so much that by the end of all of this, we could just all say it's been worth it for us as a club to have him here (meaning we get trophies and he helps the team achieve sucess).

el3mel

Would Ronaldo have suited City in any way? Not a chance. It’s hard to imagine Pep actually wanting to bring him in. Still, it was our decision.
I don't get my head about why Pep would want him anyway. Doesn't make any kind of sense. He's not Pep's version of striker at all. He would have never fit the way Pep play so I don't understand why he was interested in him.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't care about that. I prefer him for my own personal reasons, and I'm not obsessed at this stage with his overall legacy, or getting into MvR blindless arguments. He doesn't need defending because he works every day to defend himself on the pitch, and he always ends up speaking for himself. It seems the only way he will get some respect for what he's doing right now is getting 60 goals a season, 20 assists, rabonas, and wild pressing every second of the game. The standards you guys set is very high and is appropriate for a club of the status of Man Utd, but I just can't agree with a lot of what's been said here.

Personally for me I've seen him having a few games where he was pretty bad overall for us, I'm discounting 2nd half here on a game that was done but thought he did well first half. Problem in the 1st half for me wasn't even the pressing, the midfield and defense were the issues. No amount of pressing can make up the shenanigans going on everywhere else on the field.

Some people questioning that he doesn't want to give it all to the team, like this guy doesn't live his whole life to be the best player he can be. Some people want him to press wildly at his age every game, so that when he needs to ditch a defender in the 85th minute on a through ball with pace, he'll be so tired,that he won't be able to do it. If he presses like a madman all game, and scores 15 goals all season, what's the point?

I just don't know what you guys want from him. He got hired, has a job to do, and god forbid me saying that in my honest view, he's actually helped in winning you a lot of points already this season. I don't know what can he ever do that will ever leave you guys happy with him. If there's structural issues with the team, or he wasn't the right fit, it's not his fault he got hired in the first place.

Edit: I want this to work out so badly, I mean that. I love Utd and love him and I wish so much that by the end of all of this, we could just all say it's been worth it for us as a club to have him here (meaning we get trophies and he helps the team achieve sucess).
He is not to blame today, but he's such a limited CF these days. Still an incredible header of the ball, but if he doesn't put the ball in the net he offers nothing. His ability doesn't match his wages and his name and I think it's going to be a big problem going forward.

Bobski

No-one sane should be expecting 2012 Ronaldo. He is not the best player in the world anymore and that is fine. For his age and mileage he is still fantastic but that doesn't mean it was the right decision to bring him back, because you can't have Ronaldo and not build everyhting around him and Utd don't have the type of players or coaching to offset his limitations to bring real value out of what he offers at this stage.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We were a better unit with Cavani leading the line at the end of last season, it's hard to argue otherwise at this point.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As bad as things were today, he could have got himself a consolation goal or two but we’ve managed to bring him down to our level and he’s starting to lose all sense of pride. It takes a special kind of clusterfeck to do that to Ronaldo.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Seems far fetched until you think that buying an ageing Ronaldo who would want big wages and would make us change our system doesn't really fit what City do at all. I don't think it was a conspiracy to make United buy him, but I also don't really buy that we seriously wanted him either.

Josh 76

Said it at the start and I will say it again. Ronaldo signing would be the final nail in Oles coffin.

Probably not a bad thing to be honest

United in sin

Could be true, but by all trusted accounts Ronaldo's agent Mendes did offer him to city, they didn't chase him/make an unsolicited offer

snk123

It's the Juventus situation all over only that Ronaldo is almost 37.
Juventus finished 4th last season missing out of 2nd place by 1 point with Ronaldo. They are now 11 points off the top at 8th position without Ronaldo. But sure, let's continue this absolute nonsense that Juventus are a better team without Ronaldo.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids

Well said.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Juventus finished 4th last season missing out of 2nd place by 1 point with Ronaldo. They are now 11 points off the top at 8th position without Ronaldo. But sure, let's continue this absolute nonsense that Juventus are a better team without Ronaldo.
They spent 100 mill on him and failed to replace him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It used to be all Pogba’s fault too, until we took him out of the team and we’re just as shit… if not shitter.

United in sin

It was also an especially poor season for them under Pirlo. Ronaldo scored plenty in Italy but he presented Juventus with problems that have been discussed at length among their supporters

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great finish, and a bit of a disgrace that they reckoned that was offside.
The picture looked to be clearly on. But that's var for you. Wouldn't have changed anything in fairness.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We disagreed on something earlier, but you're spot on with this.

I've seen people ignore the two titles they won with him, and just concentrate on no champions league and last year, despite his superb goals haul!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Some of the stuff in this thread is ludicrous.

We were a better unit with Cavani leading the line at the end of last season, it's hard to argue otherwise at this point.
You might want to check how much Cavani played at the end of last season and what results we got. Memories can be deceiving. We were desperate for another centre forward this season.

el3mel

We disagreed on something earlier, but you're spot on with this.

I've seen people ignore the two titles they won with him, and just concentrate on no champions league and last year, despite his superb goals haul!
Ronaldo wasn't a good investment for Juve. They didn't win anything with him that they wouldn't have otherwise. They were already dominating the league when they signed him, so they didn't pay ton of money for him for that.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Some of the stuff in this thread is ludicrous.

You might want to check how much Cavani played at the end of last season and what results we got. Memories can be deceiving. We were desperate for another centre forward this season.
Maybe. I wasn't his biggest fan for most of the season but April including the Europa league games were good.

I think most were happy with the options of Cavani, Greenwood and Martial going into the season after buying Sancho. Far far less 'deperate' than we were for a CM.

Woodzy

Meh, if we didn't sign him he would be scoring hat tricks for City every week.

Ronaldo is not the problem, our football is the problem.

acnumber9

It was also an especially poor season for them under Pirlo. Ronaldo scored plenty in Italy but he presented Juventus with problems that have been discussed at length among their supporters
The problems seem to still be there. They’re sitting 6th, 10 points off the top.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Maybe. I wasn't his biggest fan for most of the season but April including the Europa league games were good.

I think most were happy with the options of Cavani, Greenwood and Martial going into the season after buying Sancho. Far far less 'deperate' than we were for a CM.
We’d be even more fecked with just those three. Cavani hasn’t been available for most squads, Martial has been horrendous for a year, and I’m not sure whether Greenwood – or United – are best served by him playing CF right now

BlueHaze

I feel really bad for him actually really bad. Such a phenomenal player, such a winner, such an absolute machine of an athlete and then he has to witness this shit show. I reckon he'll want out in January.

Eddy_JukeZ

His decision to come back was always mind-blowing to me. That said, he looked as frustrated as ever. I was thinking he's going to get sent off.

People who keep mentioning Cavani must be forgetting how awful we were to end last season too.

People keep missing the point. It's not about plugging 1 player for another player. Our issues go beyond that.

It's as silly as the people who keep thinking a magical DM would have us competing and playing much better.

Start Cavani instead of Ronaldo and this game doesn't change 1 bit.

RooneyLegend

The problems seem to still be there. They’re sitting 6th, 10 points off the top.
They had a horror start to the season and were 19 by matchday 4 when they played Milan, now they are 6th in matchday 9. They are basically flying up the table.
Unbeaten in 9 in all competitions.

RooneyLegend

His decision to come back was always mind-blowing to me. That said, he looked as frustrated as ever. I was thinking he's going to get sent off.

People who keep mentioning Cavani must be forgetting how awful we were to end last season too.

People keep missing the point. It's not about plugging 1 player for another player. Our issues go beyond that.

It's as silly as the people who keep thinking a magical DM would have us competing and playing much better.

Start Cavani instead of Ronaldo and this game doesn't change 1 bit.
True, the system and how it's coaches renders all playing personnel irrelevant.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He was the forbidden fruit all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.