5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincantona

That’s not true at all. I have watched his Juventus game in past 3 seasons, every games in every week, he has been mostly their best attacking player throughout. I have many stats and footages to prove this, not only goals, but his other stats, such as dribbling - sure he is no longer in elite level, but he is still among the best in his team. For Juventus, their biggest problems is their last season, when Pirlo becomes their manager, and also their aging squad and poor midfield.
Jesus man... again... read my post...I’m talking about Juvetus forums full of Juventus fans talking about their views on 3 years with Ronaldo...not your opinions on footage. Also, keep your stats... you can prove anything with stats. It’s all in the context of a failing Juve team. Point being, some fans believed that regardless of his goals, they were to the detriment of how the team could be playing if they didn’t have to set up to maximise his contribution. Let’s leave it there...I’m running out of my daily post allowance and it’s only 9:03!

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We would probably have been better adding a CM or two. But it hardly matters- with Ole at the wheel we aren't winning anything significant with or without Ronaldo. Hopefully the next manager can put together the pieces better

amolbhatia50k

Took his goal well, I thought. Will be capable of moments like that for another few years. He’s clearly made us a worse team though. Only his most deluded fanbois can ignore the bleeding obvious. He’d be a great super sub. Shame that’s not gonna happen.
Wasn't a goal but yeah it was a nice strike. My worry is how we're going to see us implement an exciting style of play with him up top. We all want the next hotshot tactical manager but will that work with Ronaldo not holding the ball up or pressing?

Pep's Suit

The quality of coaching in PL improved so much in last 4-5 years that you can't get away with your best players not working hard enough. 2 pressures per game? What is that? In the end I'm so happy he didn't join City.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
United just conceded 5 goals, the defense doesn't know what it's doing, completely lost, disorganized, not properly covering zones, LFC players just did what they want yet there are people claiming that the team underperforms because Solskjær changed it to accommodate Cristiano? Wow.

What about the League Cup match vs West Ham @ Old Trafford?

Correlation does not imply Causation. The season would look the same right now hadn't he been signed. Okay, maybe not, perhaps those last minute goals wouldn't have happened and things would look uglier.

United has a dream team, OGS is not a good manager at all. Get Zidane or Fonseca ASAP, I can't say this enough, please.

snk123

Again it takes a shit manager to buy a 36 year old poacher and make him you starting striker player where all your tactics have to be changed to get the best out of this one poacher.

If you think he makes sense in the midst of two inverted forwards, when he has played his whole career with a striker partner then I don't see why he is going to be great with players like Greenwood or Rashford.

If you think he would get in to Klopps team at the age of 36 then so be it. Not for me.

I do not think Pep would go for him as a central striker either with his tactics and the only reason he would is because he doesn't have a striker at all. Kane is a dead player now but Ronaldo cannot play like Kane for example.

Just a player that can put the ball in the net and the player he reminds me the most of is a 31.5 year old version Ruud Van Nistlerooy whilst Rashford and Greenwood are diet versions of Ronaldo. Currently the team is trying to get the best out of an ageing Van Nistlerooy and not the diet versions of Ronaldo. That is all.
You keep parroting the same shit every week we lose a game. There were no tactics. We were relying on individual brilliance all along.
Yes, why the feck do we have inverted forwards (or strikers turned wingers) any way? We have absolutely no balance, no width no idea of how to play passing football.

Yes, he would get into any team at 36. Not for you because you clearly have a bias against him.

We've tried to get the best out of Greenwood and Rashford - both have serious decision making issues and are not world class players yet. Not every player turns out to be like Ronaldo you know, one of the best ever player to grace the game.

We concede 5, are all over the place, but people like you can still spin it to be Ronaldo's fault. Wait until we have a proper manager, and I'll quote your posts again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You keep parroting the same shit every week we lose a game. There were no tactics. We were relying on individual brilliance all along.
Yes, why the feck do we have inverted forwards (or strikers turned wingers) any way? We have absolutely no balance, no width no idea of how to play passing football.

Yes, he would get into any team at 36. Not for you because you clearly have a bias against him.

We've tried to get the best out of Greenwood and Rashford - both have serious decision making issues and are not world class players yet. Not every player turns out to be like Ronaldo you know, one of the best ever player to grace the game.

We concede 5, are all over the place, but people like you can still spin it to be Ronaldo's fault. Wait until we have a proper manager, and I'll quote your posts again.
Absolutely no chance he is a Klopp player. :lol: :lol:

Mane - Ronaldo - Salah
So many problems. So many.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I've said it before and I'll say it again - he's a good player but one that you use for a specific purpose and not as a default player for 90 minutes. If he starts, then he needs runners in and around him, and then he will likely need to be subbed off around 60 minutes for another, different type of attacker. If he's on the bench, then he comes on for the last 30 to scare the opponent's tiring defence, like Cavani has been used for most of his tenure. Ole isn't using him correctly because he's judging him by his name, not abilities at this stage of his career.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Jesus man... again... read my post...I’m talking about Juvetus forums full of Juventus fans talking about their views on 3 years with Ronaldo...not your opinions on footage. Also, keep your stats... you can prove anything with stats. It’s all in the context of a failing Juve team. Point being, some fans believed that regardless of his goals, they were to the detriment of how the team could be playing if they didn’t have to set up to maximise his contribution. Let’s leave it there...I’m running out of my daily post allowance and it’s only 9:03!
Of course I know what you are talking about, but I have heard from other source they have been praising his performance instead. Look I can only give you my opinion here, your claim here does not represent the whole Juventus forum and view of their fans.

captaincantona

Listen, put your Ronaldo pyjamas on, have a nice hot mug of cocoa, take a nap, then go push play on the skybox and watch your supposed favourite team allow Liverpool strut around Old Trafford from the first minute.

We once again employed a mental 4-2-4 formation. Why? Because Ronaldo doesn’t press. Simple. Fernandes runs past him constantly to try and cover, Mason and Rashford are unsure whether they are pressing the centre half, the keeper or the full backs which sucks in Bissaka and we get played through time and time again like idiots. If Ronaldo ain’t there Fernandes is deeper, Cavani presses the keeper/CB with help from Rashford or Greenwood depending what side we are on...it’s not complicated.

no one who calls themselves a Utd fan hates Ronaldo- but lots of us see him for what he is-a reminder of better times and a real hope coming off the bench....so don’t take the fact that we don’t have viva Ronaldo ringtones as a personal insult.

captaincantona

Of course I know what you are talking about, but I have heard from other source they have been praising his performance instead. Look I can only give you my opinion here, your claim here does not represent the whole Juventus forum and view of their fans.
Can you read my posts properly if you insist on responding directly to them? I didn’t say “I speak for all Juventus fans!!!” I expressly and specifically said that SOME fans on their forums held that belief...and it’s very similar to what I can see happening here.

amolbhatia50k

Short answer, no.
Bit depressing isn't it? First it was the lack of a capable manager, and now we are shelling out big money of players (Ronaldo, Maguire, AWB etc) who probably don't even suit that brand of football and will limit our style of play going forward.

Strelok

Can you read my posts properly if you insist on responding directly to them? I didn’t say “I speak for all Juventus fans!!!” I expressly and specifically said that SOME fans on their forums held that belief...and it’s very similar to what I can see happening here.
You're wasting your time and daily quota mate. I mean no offense but have a look at his username.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Absolutely no chance he is a Klopp player. :lol: :lol:

Mane - Ronaldo - Salah
So many problems. So many.
Even you put Messi there, there would be so many problems too in terms of pressing and running. And again, Ronaldo isn’t no.9 in 3 forward system for majority of his career.

Even already at mid 30s, he still managed to score 109 goals in his previous 128 games. If that many goals still creates so many problem for you, and not enough to cover for with his defensive short comings, so be it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No worries mate...we can disagree I guess.
Just read the Juventus forums for what they felt like when he was playing...same story for 3 years...did nothing but score goals...
Jesus man... again... read my post...I’m talking about Juvetus forums full of Juventus fans talking about their views on 3 years with Ronaldo...not your opinions on footage.
First your specifically claim “Juventus forum”, then you further claim specifically the view is based on “Juventus forums full of Juventus fans”, hence my original response.

Now you are backing off to “some fans” only, which is fine of course, I mean your whole backing off thing, but please re-read what you’ve actually wrote first. Opinion of “Juventus forums full of Juventus fans” does not equal to opinion of “some fans on their forum”.

But anyway, if your opinion is based on “some fans“ there, I have nothing more to add, as it’s only minority and insignificance.

Last edited:

diawl_coch

Signing Ronaldo was a massive retrograde step.

His aura has completely destroyed the squad unity and you only have to look at the impact on Fernandes and Greenwood.

We had a squad that was ready to tackle the summits at the end of last season. Now gone.

A massive, massive mistake. I even think it was a City conspiracy.

Bebestation

Even you put Messi there, there would be so many problems too in terms of pressing and running. And again, Ronaldo isn’t no.9 in 3 forward system for majority of his career.

Even already at mid 30s, he still managed to score 109 goals in his previous 128 games. If that many goals still creates so many problem for you, and not enough to cover for with his defensive short comings, so be it.
Messi's ability to play as a false 9 and pass would make him superior to Ronaldo in such a role though in-between Mane and Salah though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Seems to have upset the rhythm

good goal scorer but bringing nothng else to team play. Reminds me of when we sold Ruud and brought in Saha

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

His aura has completely destroyed the squad unity and you only have to look at the impact on Fernandes and Greenwood.

We had a squad that was ready to tackle the summits at the end of last season. Now gone.

Yes our end of season run and performance in the Europa League final was clear evidence of that.

Spare us the conspiracy theories too, please.

diawl_coch

Yes our end of season run and performance in the Europa League final was clear evidence of that.

Spare us the conspiracy theories too, please.
The conspiracy theory was tongue in cheek mate.

But the wider point that he's completely destroyed team unity stands.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bit depressing isn't it? First it was the lack of a capable manager, and now we are shelling out big money of players (Ronaldo, Maguire, AWB etc) who probably don't even suit that brand of football and will limit our style of play going forward.
I’m sure a better manager can get a tune out of the likes of Maguire and AWB. Ronaldo poses an almost unique set of problems.

Mcking

The fact Juventus were winning consecutive league titles, dominating the Italian league, and reaching UEFA Champions League finals, but it all went to shit when he joined is not talked about enough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Messi's ability to play as a false 9 and pass would make him superior to Ronaldo in such a role though in-between Mane and Salah though.
Not in terms of pressing and defensive work though, which is the main criticism Ronaldo is having at the moment.

Also, Messi hasn’t been providing any assist this season for PSG, despite having Mbappe and Neymar to feed his pass. His assist stats has been declining since last season too, seems he is not as “godly” as before in terms of passing/creating.

GlasgowCeltic

Seems to have upset the rhythm

good goal scorer but bringing nothng else to team play. Reminds me of when we sold Ruud and brought in Saha
All been downhill since Fergie and Rio etc pushed him onto Ole, don't blame him but a stronger manager says no

Jairdinho

To critisize the player who single handedly has given us at least 12 points already this season, because of our style of play, lack of pressing or lack of hold up play is beyond me.

Have you lot seen Maguires and Shaws positioning that has feck all to do with who plays up top. Greenwood and Rashford who keep insisting they’re better dribblers cutting inside then prime Messi, Robben or Ronaldo. Or the horendous distribution of McFred down the middle of the park. Even if you went for the ultimate counter attacking striker (Haaland/Mbappe) or the best at hold up play (Kane/Lewa) the would all struggle in this poorly coached and drilled team.

With Ole here you’re not winning anything simple as that. I understand blaming Ronaldo is becoming easy because he’s the one who stands out in the crowd because of what he is and espescially what he was but if you look at it objectivly this is not because of the player but because of our set-up.

Benching Pogba again for stability eventhough Pogba plays far more organized then Rashford and Greenwood only proves that fact and like they said on MOTD yesterday. Any organized squad will punish us for it with Ronaldo, Cavani or even my nan up top. The sooner the board start to realize that the better.

SoCross

He obviously is not going to be pressing for 90 minutes. Then why are we insisting on playing an uncoordinated pressing game so high up the pitch?

Let the opposition defenders have the ball. Press only the midfield. The PL isn’t full of Baresi level defenders. Win the ball back in midfield and release it out wide.

Won’t be the most fun to watch but we won’t be leaking goals for fun.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The fact Juventus were winning consecutive league titles, dominating the Italian league, and reaching UEFA Champions League finals, but it all went to shit when he joined is not talked about enough.
Err.. it didn’t went to shit when he joined, he did win 2 titles and 5 trophies there. They are not winning title when Pirlo become manager though.

Real Name

Bad post from first to the last word. Literally.

D. Mungai

We once again employed a mental 4-2-4 formation. Why? Because Ronaldo doesn’t press. Simple. Fernandes runs past him constantly to try and cover, Mason and Rashford are unsure whether they are pressing the centre half, the keeper or the full backs which sucks in Bissaka and we get played through time and time again like idiots. If Ronaldo ain’t there Fernandes is deeper, Cavani presses the keeper/CB with help from Rashford or Greenwood depending what side we are on...it’s not complicated.
By the way, this is the MAIN problem as at NOW.

By the way, your comment should be hanged on entrance of OT, pinned by Redcafe Admin, be the OP of all threads.

I have taken time to see what might be the problem, and this is what is the major problem. Exactly as you say it, especially the part of Bissaka being sucked in, then all the time it seems as if we play back 3 of Shaw, Maguire + 1.

If you are keen enough you will clearly see this is what is ailing the team now,

Bruno bypasses Ronaldo as he tries to press, wingers are unsure if they go forward or hold,

Midfield is wide open, Mcfred are isolated if Bruno press is bypassed (which happens every time), defence is maintaining a low line because DDG is at the goal line, thus creating a huge space between defence line and Bruno+Ronaldo.

This forces Bissaka to be sucked in as he goes to "help" the midfield, then Lindelof is either manning the right side or Maguire is sucked in the midfield to pinch the ball.

This is what happens every time we play:D funny how visible it is but not many people can see it, crucially even the coaching team is blind to this anomaly.

Last edited:

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Listen, put your Ronaldo pyjamas on, have a nice hot mug of cocoa, take a nap, then go push play on the skybox and watch your supposed favourite team allow Liverpool strut around Old Trafford from the first minute.

no one who calls themselves a Utd fan hates Ronaldo- but lots of us see him for what he is-a reminder of better times and a real hope coming off the bench....so don’t take the fact that we don’t have viva Ronaldo ringtones as a personal insult.
Absolutely true. He has some special skills but he’s become embarrassingly static - he wouldn’t run for the last bus nowadays.
And it’s not any lack of fitness because he could run if he could be arsed to do it, it’s arrogance, after his time at Juve where the whole team had to work their socks off to service his needs he expects that treatment in every moment of every game now.
He should’ve been sent off in the first half and, if the ref had done to right thing then Ole could have battened down the hatches and the score would have been kept down to 0-3 or, with a bit of luck, 1-3 maybe.

Is it Ole’s fault that the Glazers buy an old statue like Ronaldo so it will bolster their share price and let them reap a load of money?
It also looks like they guaranteed him game time and tied Ole’s hands by doing so.

diawl_coch

To critisize the player who single handedly has given us at least 12 points already this season, because of our style of play, lack of pressing or lack of hold up play is beyond me.
To write that shows how little you understand I'm afraid.
The reason the TEAM needed rescuing was because it is no longer playing as an unit of 10 outfield players because he has completely unbalanced what was previously a half-decent system.
The first thing any "progressive" new manager will do is bench Ronaldo.

Bebestation

Not in terms of pressing and defensive work though, which is the main criticism Ronaldo is having at the moment.

Also, Messi hasn’t been providing any assist this season for PSG, despite having Mbappe and Neymar to feed his pass. His assist stats has been declining since last season too, seems he is not as “godly” as before in terms of passing/creating.
This isn't about Messi vs Ronaldo. This is about Ronaldo being a good enough player in the world anymore where he gets in to all clubs.

I don't think that's true.

I tried to show this by saying this by Klopps need for the central player who presses but also passes in Firmino; a player alot of people laugh at but has previously helped to get the best out of two great inverted forwards.

Ronaldo's ability to be a poacher anymore at the age of 36 isn't useful enough for a manager like Klopp unless Ronaldo is a bench player.

Now Cavani I can see him getting to Liverpool. Helps the pressing, the passing, the interlinking, the goalscoring etc.

EtH

All been downhill since Fergie and Rio etc pushed him onto Ole, don't blame him but a stronger manager says no
Was such a bizarre transfer. After leaving Madrid a few years ago he brags about retiring to the Italian league rather than Asia or the USA. And now he’s coming back to the PL to be a mainstay in a supposed title contending side ? Defies logic.

Real Name

We employed 4-2-4 cause Ronaldo doesnt press? Are you sure.
If thats true thats a problem in itself, you organize your play according to him not pressing or pressing. If he's not why are Bruno and other players trying it instead of being more deep as you say?
Cavani presses with help of Rashford and Greenwood?
Marcus and Mason are not well known with pressing enough. Yet its only about Ronaldo pressing or not pressing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This isn't about Messi vs Ronaldo. This is about Ronaldo being a good enough player in the world anymore where he gets in to all clubs.

I don't think that's true.

I tried to show this by saying this by Klopps need for the central player who presses but also passes in Firmino; a player alot of people laugh at but has previously helped to get the best out of two great inverted forwards.

Ronaldo's ability to be a poacher anymore at the age of 36 isn't useful enough for a manager like Klopp unless Ronaldo is a bench player.

Now Cavani I can see him getting to Liverpool. Helps the pressing, the passing, the interlinking, the goalscoring etc.
Sure, I am using Messi as an example, becos they are both similar players in a way, that they offer almost nothing in pressing/defending, but their output is easily still among the best in the world.

Anyway, my point being, the fact that Ole has been using Ronaldo specifically as no.9 central player, doesn’t mean Klopp would do the same too. Maybe he would play him on the left, or off another CF or something, to make it work. But anyway it’s all hypothetical.

JBD-dane

I really fear that the deeper this crisis will go the more disconnected he will be to the team and think (even) more about himself. Especially if we are out the Champions League in February it can be a toxic having him in this team.
If we are going to play Europa League next season I think he might leaving this summer..

L1nk

Are people actually deluding themselves into believing the only reason we aren't playing well this season and the reason we won't win anything is because Ronaldo joined? Please give me a break i'm tired

Status
Not open for further replies.