5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FattyFooty

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 9 goals in 11 games for Man Utd. Unbelievable.

Anyone else and you'd be thinking: 'You can't expect this over a whole season.' Yet last season Ronaldo scored 36 times in 44 games, which works out at the same ratio (if my rusty maths is correct).

36 years old. Remarkable.
Its insane.

SirAF

Ageist
Brain speaking: I Wouldn't be shocked to see Ronny start on the bench against City and come on in the second half for 30 minutes if it's 0-0 to grab the winner. It's a quick turn around playing 12:30 on a Saturday and he used up a lot of energy helping us win the last game. We have to keep him away from the "red zone" as an injury to Ronny would feck up our whole season.

Heart speaking: BUT then I'm thinking Ronny is on 798 career goals.. he will know that for sure and he will be extra motivated and up for it to get his 800th career goal in the Manchester Derby with the World watching that's how he rolls he writes his own scripts.. plus he knows what the Manchester Derby is all about having played/scored in so many and how important it is to the fans as he genuinely loves the club (which you can't say the same for a lot of our players). if Cavani plays with him upfront he should be ok to conserve his energy for the counter-attacks as long as United keep it tight and don't make stupid individual mistakes like against Liverpool. Plus City will be terrified of him after all his recent exploits and late goals so will always have 2-3 players around him which will leave space for other players plus his aerial ability at corners will be a massive threat to City's midgets. Fear factor.

Guardiola on Ronaldo: Manchester City must stop 'one of the greatest' to beat Manchester United, win derby

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city-engman_city/story/4513109/guardiola-on-ronaldo-manchester-city-must-stop-one-of-the-greatest-to-beat-manchester-unitedwin-derby?platform=amp

Pep and Citeh are bricking it already.. come on! Let's hammer them!
No chance Ronaldo is not starting against City imo.

Oranges038

If I decided to nerd out to everyone here this is exactly what I would've been raving about the whole paragraph.

Watching this fella each and every week for years has been more than worth it, I'm not watching him for the incredibly entertaining football he used to play, I just watch to be in awe of the finer details, the things no one seems notice.

Someone in the match thread said the strike was impressive considering he couldn't know whether the defender could intercept the ball or not. I replied saying Ronaldo already knew.

He has a PhD in football physics. When you watch him score, every time, watch closely. Pay attention. It's a thing of beauty.

I've never seen anyone like him.
He just knows where the ball is going to end up, even in the dark.

SonyaCross493

Doesn't Ronny's contract expire at the end of next season? So he and his agent potentially can talk to other clubs in 12-months time to sign as a free agent in the summer of 2023.

We don't want the media speculation all next season about him going to the MLS etc at the end of the season etc it'll be distracting. I think we should definitely nip that in the bud and put him on a 2-3 year contract in the summer at the end of this season. He's proven himself that he can easily play until his 40s. If bloody Ryan Giggs and Teddy Sheringham can play into their 40s at the highest level than so can Ronny who's a physical freak!

i just hope Ronny can win a trophy with us on his return while he's here. Any trophy.. even the FA Cup!

United beat Manchester City last season without Ronaldo playing Marcus Rashford upfront so you'd think we'd have a good chance of beating Manchester City this season WITH Ronaldo who's better than Rashford in every aspect.

Otherwise questions will start to be asked why we can't beat any of the Top 4 Big Boys teams this season WITH Ronaldo in the team even getting a flukey jammy win like Crystal Palace did? Especially after losing 0-5 at home to Liverpool. We need to make it competitive and a tight game.. if Crystal Palance can do it against Manchester City so should United with the players United have. It's not asking a lot to be competitive in these games and don't lose 5-0..

Last edited:

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo hasn't had a career-defining moment yet in the Manchester Derby has he? Not like Rooney's overhead kick goal or dare I say it Michael Owens last-minute winner goal.. moments that get played over again and again Worldwide..

He needs atleast one in his career against Manchester City before he retires.

commeth the hour commeth the man. Manchester awaits..

Last edited:

FattyFooty

Doesn't Ronny's contract expire at the end of next season? So he and his agent potentially can talk to other clubs in 12-months time to sign as a free agent in the summer of 2023.

We don't want the media speculation all next season about him going to the MLS etc at the end of the season etc it'll be distracting. I think we should definitely nip that in the bud and put him on a 2-3 year contract in the summer at the end of this season. He's proven himself that he can easily play until his 40s. If bloody Ryan Giggs and Teddy Sheringham can play into their 40s at the highest level than so can Ronny who's a physical freak!

i just hope Ronny can win a trophy with us on his return while he's here. Any trophy.. even the FA Cup!

United beat Manchester City last season without Ronaldo playing Marcus Rashford upfront so you'd think we'd have a good chance of beating Manchester City this season WITH Ronaldo who's better than Rashford in every aspect.

Otherwise questions will start to be asked why we can't beat any of the Top 4 Big Boys teams this season WITH Ronaldo in the team even getting a flukey jammy win like Crystal Palace did? Especially after losing 0-5 at home to Liverpool. We need to make it competitive and a tight game.. if Crystal Palance can do it against Manchester City so should United with the players United have. It's not asking a lot to be competitive in these games and don't lose 5-0..
Our defence is just wierd this year. Yes Maguire was a little bad at the beginning of last year before he started playing well.

But this year Shaw and Maguire been really under par. We also have injuries in our defence thats not very good before the match.

NotQuiteManc

Results and products after hours upon hours of practice and repetitions, like what he is known for especially when he was younger. Those clutch moments didn't come accidently. Still, pretty impressive.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

No wonder he could score that beautiful volley vs Spur with defender blocking him. He just knows, without needing to watch the ball coming.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ronaldo hasn't had a career-defining moment yet in the Manchester Derby has he? Not like Rooney's overhead kick goal or dare I say it Michael Owens last-minute winner goal.. moments that get played over again and again Worldwide..

To be fair we rarely if at all played the lot in his first spell over here so can't really blame him can ya:)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Well, City won their title three years after Ronaldo left, they were pratically a non-entity at those times.

Sara125

Had a couple of good chances, and, as usual, was the only only who looked to give even a single feck. Not his fault he’s playing amongst absolute frauds.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
9 goals in 11 games for us so far this season (15 goals in 14 games in all competitions). I think the fact that he did it in a disjoint team with little service is even more impressive, majority of his goals so far are winning or crucial goals for us, with some being real worldie. Absolutely the most clutch and probably the greatest player I’ve ever seen.
Yes he play the way he wanted. He will keep scoring, But If you expect he win you the league or trophy with his no pressing only on attacking duty, not play as a team, bigger than coach, good luck to you.

bakalhau

Yes he play the way he wanted. He will keep scoring, But If you expect he win you the league or trophy with his no pressing only on attacking duty, not play as a team, bigger than coach, good luck to you.
I agree with you. He's been playing for 20 years and has yet to win any important trophies whatsoever. Unless he truly changes, he'll always be a "what if".

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
I agree with you. He's been playing for 20 years and has yet to win any important trophies whatsoever. Unless he truly changes, he'll always be a "what if".
This is EPL, are you expecting/depending a 36 years old striker to win you a league ?! Heavily depending on him and let him play whatever he wanted? Can't be subbed ? Show his face !

Ludens the Red

The poor bastard.
Looks completely at loss to what’s going on around him.
I do like that kick he got in on DeBruyne at the end.

Roboc7

He made a terrible decision from his perspective to come back.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not much to work with today, can say the same for the other attackers as well.

Today the problems were definitely collective, can't really single out anyone imo.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Every player gets a shouting at in the performance thread except Ronaldo - simply because he scores the goals.

Today he didn't score the goals and when he didn't do that - his rest of gameplay isnt good enough either.

He scores the goals but we are weaker as a team because we are very reliant on one player to get the goals much more than ever.

The way that Ronaldo needs to receive the ball to score a goal is different to how Rashford, Greenwood or even Sancho or Martial needs to score a goal.

Whipping crosses, wonderful volleys with his eyes closed - only really Ronaldo can do it; can Rashford,Greenwood or Sancho score Ronaldo's goal vs Tottenham? I don't think so - not as regularly as The GOAT can do it. We have changed the way we play so that Ronaldo is our main goalscorer to the point he is our only goalscorer.

I still believe it, its like playing a jeep upfront with a bunch of cars but ultimately that's the average managers management.

Everyone on the pitch was poor today except De Gea.

I love his goals and his last minute one's.

Let's see if we find a manager who can balance Ronaldo in the middle with Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho because that sounds easier said on paper than it does in reality.

Ps look at the Messi Vs Ronaldo thread to see how much I love the guy, I still belive tactically it can be a problem.

bakalhau

Every player gets a shouting at in the performance thread except Ronaldo - simply because he scores the goals.

Today he didn't score the goals and when he didn't do that - his rest of gameplay isnt good enough either.

He scores the goals but we are weaker as a team because we are very reliant on one player to get the goals much more than ever.

The way that Ronaldo needs to receive the ball to score a goal is different to how Rashford, Greenwood or even Sancho or Martial needs to score a goal.

Whipping crosses, wonderful volleys with his eyes closed - only really Ronaldo can do it; can Rashford,Greenwood or Sancho score Ronaldo's goal vs Tottenham? I don't think so - not as regularly as The GOAT can do it. We have changed the way we play so that Ronaldo is our main goalscorer to the point he is our only goalscorer.

I still believe it, its like playing a jeep upfront with a bunch of cars but ultimately that's the average managers management.

Everyone on the pitch was poor today except De Gea.

I love his goals and his last minute one's.

Let's see if we find a manager who can balance Ronaldo in the middle with Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho because that sounds easier said on paper than it does in reality.

Ps look at the Messi Vs Ronaldo thread to see how much I love the guy, I still belive tactically it can be a problem.

Fair game. We both know how tactically the team should play with him on the pitch to play his strengths and diminish his weaknesses - we both wanted him and Cavani on in a 4-4-2 and when it happened he had his best game so far.

I actually see a bit of potential with this team (unlike Juventus), but I don't think anything will ever improve with Ole.

Lam

Imagine if Ole is still there in Jan and he decides to leave

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
I tentatively believe Ronaldo is no longer close to being one of the worlds top forwards, but I refuse to rubberstamp any opinion on any player until Ole is gone.

Steven-UK

I tentatively believe Ronaldo is no longer close to being one of the worlds top forwards, but I refuse to rubberstamp any opinion on any player until Ole is gone.
:rolleyes: You are delusional; Ronaldo is easily still one of the best in the world at what he does. You are letting the dire management of this team cloud your judgement.

It's embarrassing that Ronaldo is even having to put up with this mess.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait what was wrong with Ronaldo today? Linked up play well, won a few fouls, won headers, nearly scored. Considering the side we have he was fine wasn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.