5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan92

Bleeding hell...read what I wrote...All posts...I never said that’s why we moved to 352...I’m talking about the response to seeing us move to 2 up front. Jesus.
The response to it was due to the fact we had played like dog shit the previous few games and finally played like a cohesive team so people wanted to hold onto that.

KeanoMagicHat

And top of the league for most sprints. That's because he is saving his energy for attacking plays. It's that simple
And saving that energy has knock on effects on the rest of the team. Liverpool and City don't carry players like that. I would rather that Ronaldo put in a shift and played every second game, rather than walking around waiting for ball in the box for every minute of every game.

mancan92

And saving that energy has knock on effects on the rest of the team. Liverpool and City don't carry players like that. I would rather that Ronaldo put in a shift and played every second game, rather than walking around waiting for ball in the box for every minute of every game.
We are not a pressing team. Ronaldo literally only runs 0.1 km less than Greenwood that's a tactical issue. Also the fact that he has the most sprints in the league means he isn't waiting in the box. It means he's constantly busting a gut to be in the right place at the right time when the ball is in attacking positions. If Ole wanted something else from him he would have got something else.

KeanoMagicHat

We are not a pressing team. Ronaldo literally only runs 0.1 km less than Greenwood that's a tactical issue. Also the fact that he has the most sprints in the league means he isn't waiting in the box. It means he's constantly busting a gut to be in the right place at the right time when the ball is in attacking positions. If Ole wanted something else from him he would have got something else.
If you believe that then let's hope he can do something else for Rangnick, I'm interested and hopeful. And if he does, fair play to him, I think it will help the team and we should be more successful.

Gonçalo Motta

Ronaldo is so good at scoring goals that some people end up undermining everything else for some weird reason.
During his career, Ronaldo was exceptional at pretty much everything from an offensive point of view although in terms of playmaking I do rate Messi higher and I think he offered consistently more in that area.

With that said, for the most part in his career, Ronaldo's main role was to score goals and he still is the player with the most assists ever in the UCL even though he was not the creative force in the teams he played in (besides his first spell in Manchester).

Some people are so focused on the player he is today (and the last 2 or 3 years) that completely forgot the complete beast that he was for 2/3 of his career.

SonyaCross493

The man, the myth and the legend so glad Ronny the GOAT plays for our club what a beautiful great example to any young professional footballer or anyone wanting to reach the top in their profession really! Becoming the first professional football to score 800 official career goals while playing for our club.. WOW! Even Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer 2 great strikers were in awe on Amazon as they only scored about 400 career goals each in their respective careers so you would have to combine both of them just to match Ronny! Legendary GOATLY stuff..

I read it would take a player 20 seasons of scoring 40 goals per season just to MATCH Ronny's record now.. and he's not done yet he could make it 900 goals or unbelievably 1K before he's finished playing! Impossible! The GOAT

Even if a player started at 16 years of age they'd have to play/start over 50 games per season to score 40 goals per season until they are 36, avoiding serious injuries, burnout and staying consistent day-in and day-out for so long. Not losing motivation or getting tempted by the money, beautiful women throwing themselves at them and fast cars etc to lose the hunger and motivation that many young footballers do they get lost in the trappings when they "make it" they find it hard to stay there. Like Alan Shearer said, getting to the top is hard but staying there is even harder. That's why at almost 37 years old he's still talismanic the Main-Man and starting games at the biggest club in the World in the most difficult and physically demanding hardest League in the World, and training with players half his age and still able to "hang" with them. It's a testament and credit to the man himself and his family who deserves every success he's had. Not forgetting influential people like Sir Alex who have helped along the way.

That penalty CR7 scored against Arsenal was really high-pressure and very important too with 10 minutes to go ice in his veins. He is the definition of clutch xD

Glad he's fit for Ralph's first game! Hope he's the captain it will be a statement by Ralph that things are different and normally new managers want to pick their own captain. He is the perfect leader by example to the other players, not to mention he is quite vocal on the field

Imagine being a young Manchester United academy player right now with such a great role model and professional at the club. You'd feel like you've won the lottery everyday!

Last edited:

Devil may care

We didn't switch to 352 to get Ronaldo a partner we switched to 352 because we couldn't stop conceding goals.

Secondly we have continued to play with inverted wingers. Ronaldo has played with greenwood and Rashford. So It feels like your simply moving the goal posts.
Why did you quote me?

SonyaCross493

Mister Rangnick likes to put crosses into the box which will be music to CR7's ears as probably the best header of a football of all time. Expect him to get more heading chances.

el3mel

He was involved today in our attacks more than anything I have seen under Ole. Felt like he was a part of every attacking move we made.

Just hope he stops taking free kicks because he's not good at them anymore.

United in sin

He shouldn't have played the full 90, looked really sloppy in the second half, misplacing simple passes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should sometimes Greenwood a go in the middle. Second half would have been object. Ronaldo disappeared after the first.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He looked fine. Seen him making some good runs but either he wasn’t getting played in or the ball wasn’t finding him.

He’ll be rested vs Young Boys to recover.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was good until he was knackered I thought, just lacking sharpness in the box. He played to the plan which is positive after all the talk that he wouldn’t, needs his minutes managing though. If Rashford and Bruno hadn’t been poor in the second half it might’ve been him to come off.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was very poor today. Lot of poor touches and careless passes.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He looked knackered around the 60th min.
Thankfully he'll get a rest now and come back again next matchday.

The United

I thought he was Involved a lot in the first half. Everyone including him got tired in the second half.

kundalini

Looked completely exhausted late on. Fell over, gave the ball away cheaply several times. 5 shots in the first half, most of them unconvincing. 2nd half not so good.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not his day but I can appreciate the effort at least. Seemed to run around a lot, more than usual and certainly more than I would expect him to against Crystal Palace.
Looked exhausted towards the end though.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
I really liked his involvement in today's game.
Think should have been subbed in the second half but still very good play and result

MichaelRed

Odd to see the "He looked 36" "He's showing his age" etc kind of comments. Yes he tired in the 2nd half but so did all the 20-30 year olds in the side. We played a very high energy approach that we haven't been able to prepare for, of course he got tired.

meamth

His legs doesn't do what his brain wanted to do anymore.

Stiff and looking like 36 tonight.

Get some rest Ronnie.

Levenstein

Did he wanted to catch Fred’s shot with his hands or what he was doing there?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Didn’t score but I actually thought this was a very good team performance from him today. Very surprised he started though but I really don’t see why some are downplaying his contribution today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Didn’t score but I actually thought this was a very good team performance from him today. Very surprised he started though but I really don’t see why some are downplaying his contribution today.
His link up play was really good in the first half especially, second half we were poor as a unit so not much we can do.

To be honest his link up play has been pretty good all season, and thought be bad a good game today and worked hard too.

The United

People are just spouting the narrative that he is tired and can't adapt the system. Of course, he was at the end just like everyone was.

I thought his general play was the best in this game since he came back.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s good to see that he’ll have no problem playing in the side that presses.

He will need to be managed though and I hope he realises that and doesn’t take strops because he wants to play every minute of every game.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
Ronaldo is so good at scoring goals that some people end up undermining everything else for some weird reason.
During his career, Ronaldo was exceptional at pretty much everything from an offensive point of view although in terms of playmaking I do rate Messi higher and I think he offered consistently more in that area.

With that said, for the most part in his career, Ronaldo's main role was to score goals and he still is the player with the most assists ever in the UCL even though he was not the creative force in the teams he played in (besides his first spell in Manchester).

Some people are so focused on the player he is today (and the last 2 or 3 years) that completely forgot the complete beast that he was for 2/3 of his career.
But the player he is today is what matters for Manchester United right now?

He did fade away in the second half. However, for me I really appreciated today's performance. He participated in the other aspects of the game and worked as a team. Not this "conserving" energy just for the right moment, and being a passenger without the ball.

The thing is, his goal scoring record might diminish when playing like today, but it will be much helpful for the team.

It’s good to see that he’ll have no problem playing in the side that presses.

He will need to be managed though and I hope he realizes that and doesn’t take strops because he wants to play every minute of every game.
Double that, please no more drama when Ralf decides to bench him.

MoskvaRed

I thought he played well today despite the ball not dropping for him in the penalty area. In speculating how he will get on under the new regime, it would be unwise to underestimate Ronaldo’s sheer drive and his football intelligence.

arthurka

Gave absolutely everything again. Involved and eager. Should have been substituted if not for Rashford being absolute shit.

RepardReece

Not at his best, was wasteful on the ball at times, but pressed well when needed and is clearly determined to alter his playstyle to fit into Rangnick's style.

We finish top of the group against Young Boys no matter the result, right? Give him a rest.

ChaddyP

Odd to see the "He looked 36" "He's showing his age" etc kind of comments. Yes he tired in the 2nd half but so did all the 20-30 year olds in the side. We played a very high energy approach that we haven't been able to prepare for, of course he got tired.
its actually baffling me. Everyone including fecking energizer bunny fred looked gassed by half time. He played thursday then was asked to do intense pressing game like everyone else for 90 mins. Weird time to call out his energy levels

Status
Not open for further replies.