Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Needs to be rested or brought on as a super sub in the second half.

He can't press the full 90 mins at 36.

Sylar

We do need to share his work load. Having Cavani (somebody older? Heh) would help

Him and Rashford together don't work but I think big part of that is Rashford being so off form

His threat in the air is the reason he the defender gave that penalty away
Was scared

I'll be surprised if he starts v brentford
If he does we might be in trouble as we need changes for that game

Wilt

He was a 0/10 before he did that. He also missed a good chance to make it 2-0. He was shite. 2/10 and that's been generous.

In future I suggest you avoid the Cristiano Ronaldo performance thread after he drops a 2/10 performance if you can't accept the truth.
Take a break mate

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Thought he was proper shite today but its one game. In future we will hopefully have Cavani to switch it up.

RepardReece

This is all I ever said about him and people believe I had an issue about him.

He can come off the bench and do what he has always done- score the winning goals that no one else can do better than him.

However, when he starts and plays 90 mins; he can look lost - almost like he needs a different type of football played to get the best out of him than alot of the team does play.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are having a laugh right. You couldn't have said anything more bad about Ronaldo. You blamed him for our defensive issues, other players performances, our lack of goals from other players and many other things. Despite this, since Ole has been sacked, we have won 3 games in a row in the prem, and kept 2 clean sheets in these games. We may have played poorly today, but it's games like these we would've lost under OGS.

We saw against Palace he can do a lot more than just score goals if instructed to. The whole team had a bad performance today bar one or two, but you continue to single out one player.

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It’s not really his job anymore but it’s still sad to see him unable to go past anyone. His passes are little better. There’s no point in giving him the ball for anything other than to shoot.
He was bad, but the game he tried playing isn’t his game.
He needs to stick to being a penalty box poacher, playing on the shoulder.
He’s dropping deep way too much and it’s a mistake. He’s not very good at shielding the ball or holding it up and him coming back trying to do it is just a recipe for failure.
This 100%.
Let's keep it simple. Ronaldo needs to stay in the box to be effective. When he's on the pitch the players around him need to provide the shooting chances.

His overall play is terrible. The only thing he does well outside the box is playing target man for long balls.

BlueHaze

As soon as he has a mediocre game it's Autobots Roll Out! And the moaners are out in full force. It's true he was mediocre today but the fact still remains once again he won us the 3 points today, no one else.

Andrew7582

100% this.

He will always score goals through his amazing ability but he's struggling to adjust his feet to the speed of the game in the Premier league.

I absolutely love the man and what he's done for United but this shouldn't go beyond this season. He's slowing down and as harsh as it is to say he could become a problem as he will insist on playing.
Agreed.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are having a laugh right. You couldn't have said anything more bad about Ronaldo. You blamed him for our defensive issues, other players performances, our lack of goals from other players and many other things. Despite this, since Ole has been sacked, we have won 3 games in a row in the prem, and kept 2 clean sheets in these games. We may have played poorly today, but it's games like these we would've lost under OGS.

We saw against Palace he can do a lot more than just score goals if instructed to. The whole team had a bad performance today bar one or two, but you continue to single out one player.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy has literally started to press more than ever before - whilst we also play 2 strikers to occupy the 2 opposition CB'S and we go in to 2 clean sheets

:D

RepardReece

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy has literally started to press more than ever before - whilst we also play 2 strikers to occupy the 2 opposition CB'S and we go in to 2 clean sheets

:D
Yep - because of having a proper manager with a proper system. Was never Ronaldo's fault.

Sviken

Ronaldo just had his absolute worst game for us, but prior to that he had one of his best games for us. And given the fact that none of our attackers performed at any decent level, I wouldn't judge him too harshly on this. Especially considering he won and scored penalty that won us the game. .

RuudTom83

Please don’t run him into the ground on Tuesday. He needs to be used sparingly over Christmas.

SonyaCross493

Come on guys. All the top 4 struggled to win games today I doubt the forums are so toxic. Rangnick first away game.

Ronny scored the winning goal. We knew before we purchased him that he can be quiet for most of the game and then turn up with a crucial clutch goal. That's Ronaldo now but we knew we that before buying him. But without him we would be in a much worse position as the rest of the team is shite. Yet people always make Ronaldo the scapegoat when he's saving United this season.

Ronny has been our best player this season.. has 1 rare bad game and people jump on him just because he's 36. It's silly when he will probably play against Brentford and be amazing and the same people will be eating their words. He always shuts up his critics.

Every player can have bad games, but Ronny's bad games are scoring a crucial match winning penalty under intense pressure. Clutch.

Viva Ronaldo - I back the GOAT

Some people just have agendas. Respect a club legend and what he's done for the club. Some of the criticism is out of order.

meamth

Clearly stiff tonight. I grind my teeth everytime he fecked up a first touch or couldn't react in split second.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yes and that's why he gets 2/10 instead of 0/10. 2/10 is a rubbish performance.
Cut the drama. He has a relatively poor game but scored a winning goal for us. It wasn't 2/10 bad, and no one gets a 0/10.

He was rated at 7.3/10 in whoscored rating from the neutrals, already the highest among our other attackers in the game (Rashford, Bruno, Sancho), who are all poor by the way. The only players who did play well, are probably De Gea and Fred.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His body is no longer keeping up with his head. His flame is still burning for more but Mother Nature looked in full swing today.

Enjoy him for the last year he’s playing football

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
His body is no longer keeping up with his head. His flame is still burning for more but Mother Nature looked in full swing today.

Enjoy him for the last year he’s playing football
Last year?

He is on course for another 30+ goal season.....

Some of the posts im reading on here...Jesus Christ you lot are fecking dramatic.

TheReligion

Abusive
Last year?

He is on course for another 30+ goal season.....

Some of the posts im reading on here...Jesus Christ you lot are fecking dramatic.
On another day he has 3 goals today.

The save from Krul in the first half, the penalty and the one across goal just behind him from Rashford.

He was just off form like all of the other forwards.

It happens.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
On another day he has 3 goals today.

The save from Krul in the first half, the penalty and the one across goal just behind him from Rashford.

He was just off form like all of the other forwards.

It happens.
I agree 100%.

He might have more bad games now then when he was younger due to his age but the thought process of a guy who will score 30+ goals in a season being "passed it" or "done" is insane.

angak

Wait he was bad. Like every other player. Yet he won the penalty and scored it. Where is the respect?
Statements like ' where is the respect?' or ' he is a legend' are so infuriating. I think we should be able to give an honest review of his performance without it being considered disrespectful. It is indicative of a small club mentality to think that any player is beyond reproach.

In saying that his performance was horrible. First touch was non-existent, passes always found the opposition & as Rangnick said 'our forwards were not physically present' meaning we did not win the one one duels or force opposition into making errors. He also missed the sitter that Rashford cut back for him. Overall horrible display.

Last edited:

Nordmore

Tbh I was a bit angry when he missed the chances after the match. But on a second thought and I'm calmer now which striker doesn't miss chance so not a big deal imo.

But what I worry the most is his ability to hold the ball. Bruno, Rashford, Sancho all lost an incredible amount of possession yesterday but at least those three lost the ball largely when they tried to do something or because of a bad pass. Ronaldo lost the ball simply because he didn't have the legs. Tbh he looked like he was playing in a charity match when he's 50 yo. Watch some charity matches of those retired legends and you'd see what I mean. I watched the match with a couple friends and they had a big laugh whenever he lost the ball. Of course it was not funny to me. What made it worse was he's been rested for a week prior to the match. Very hard to understand why. He's never looked as leggy as yesterday.

He knew he had a really bad performance that's why he went straight into the tunnel after the match I think despite scoring the winning goal. Let's hope this is just a bad day at the office otherwise we'd really need someone else at the top.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

For me he was our worst player yesterday. It is ridiculous how the press writes about him rescuing us with a soft penalty. I really hope Rangnick starts using him more as kind of super sub which should be his role.

bdecuc

For me he was our worst player yesterday. It is ridiculous how the press writes about him rescuing us with a soft penalty. I really hope Rangnick starts using him more as kind of super sub which should be his role.
Very much agree. I thought for the last 20 minutes at least yesterday he looked exhausted and unable to keep up. Need to use him intelligently.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Statements like ' where is the respect?' or ' he is a legend' are so infuriating. I think we should be able to give an honest review of his performance without it being considered disrespectful. It is indicative of a small club mentality to think that any player is beyond reproach.

In saying that his performance was horrible. First touch was non-existent, passes always found the opposition & as Rangnick said 'our forwards were not physically present' meaning we did not win the one one duels or force opposition into making errors. He also missed the sitter that Rashford cut back for him. Overall horrible display.
He was poor, as were Bruno and Rashford. No player is above criticism but I think that missed chance was as much down to Rashford's shite pass being so far behind him.

vanrooney

should have scored from iour only chance from open play in the first half but untypically hesitated. hope he is back to his best soon

Jackal981

should have scored from iour only chance from open play in the first half but untypically hesitated. hope he is back to his best soon
Cant blame him when we create feck all. No striker in the world convert all chances they got. I think the best rate is actually only 30%

passtheball

Channelled his inner Lukaku - a bad first touch and looking clumsy facing the goal with the ball at his feet. He did more pressing than Rashford though, so I don't think he looked old - it was just an off day.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Cant blame him when we create feck all. No striker in the world convert all chances they got. I think the best rate is actually only 30%
Sure but atleast try get your foot hitting the ball once instead of missing it so much that you looked like your jumping over it like a dolphin.

Status
Not open for further replies.