5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doracle

Rashford had to place it there. If he placed the pass further forward it would have been blocked by the Norwich defender. It wasn't a complete sitter, but Ronaldo really should have done better.
Yeah, this is correct. It was actually about as good a pass as he could have played in that scenario. Ronny will be disappointed he didn’t put it away (probably something like a 75-80% chance of a goal for him) but everyone misses occasionally.

SonyaCross493

Hasn't Tim Krul got a great penalty saving record too one of the best in World football? What a cool penalty under pressure by Ronny. In the clutch moments he's always there for us to deliver. Dread to think where we would be without him and De Gea this season.

Brentford will get Ronaldo'ed next.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He lost it nearly every time he had it. Bullied off the ball easily.

You're playing favourites.
I don’t think so. End of the day Ronaldo has been better than Rashford recently even if he was poor yesterday. I’m not just slating Rashford based on that one display he’s been absolutely shocking for months. Find him easily the most frustrating player in our team.

the_cliff

Terrible Performance from Ronaldo, people blaming the pass need to stop sucking up to Ronaldo, ridiculous. You expect Ronaldo to finish that 9 times out of 10 regardless of the pass.

His overall play was terrible as well, especially in the first half.

UnitedFan93

Rangnick will never get us playing how he wants with Ronaldo upfront.

For the 4-2-2-2 system to work, the front two have to press like crazy. If there is a drop in intensity, we are massively exposed on the wings. We saw that yesterday against the team bottom of the league.

Ronaldo is obviously a legend, but it's clear he's struggling with the intensity of the league due to his age. His legs have gone. United should be using him as impact sub and letting the younger players implement the style that Rangnick wants. By playing Ronaldo, we are becoming reliant on Ronaldo, who's almost 37, scoring goals. We should be focusing on playing better as a team and the goals will come as a result. We then wouldn't be solely reliant on Ronaldo, whose best days are long gone.

RepardReece

For the 4-2-2-2 system to work, the front two have to press like crazy. If there is a drop in intensity, we are massively exposed on the wings. We saw that yesterday against the team bottom of the league.

Ronaldo is obviously a legend, but it's clear he's struggling with the intensity of the league due to his age. His legs have gone. United should be using him as impact sub and letting the younger players implement the style that Rangnick wants. By playing Ronaldo, we are becoming reliant on Ronaldo, who's almost 37, scoring goals. We should be focusing on playing better as a team and the goals will come as a result. We then wouldn't be solely reliant on Ronaldo, whose best days are long gone.
Rangnick said in one of his first interviews you have to adapt to the players at the club. Fairly sure he's more than happy to accommodate Ronaldo in his system, also said he was very impressed by Ronaldo in a later interview.

I agree he needs to be managed in Rangnick's high intensity system, but who are we to bring in currently? Rashford is a very lazy player, his performances have been worse lately; Greenwood won't be much of an improvement and Cavani will probably be injured again shortly after returning. Martial wants to leave and is the laziest player we have seen anyway. Honestly, bar Cavani, Ronaldo is probably more suited than these players - he's already trying to adapt his game as we saw against Palace.

Last edited:

UnitedFan93

Rangnick said in one of his first interviews you have to adapt to the players at the club. Fairly sure he's more than happy to accommodate Ronaldo in his system, also said he was very impressed by Ronaldo in a later interview.

I agree he needs to be managed in Rangnick's high intensity system, but who are we to bring in currently? Rashford is a very lazy player, his performances have been worse lately; Greenwood won't be much of an improvement and Cavani will probably be injured again shortly after returning. Martial wants to leave and is the laziest player we have seen anyway. Honestly, bar Cavani, Ronaldo is probably more suited than these players - he's already trying to adapt his game as we saw against Palace.
Fair enough. I think Rangnick has to be clever when asked about whether Ronaldo suits his system in order to avoid a media storm. He probably can't say what he thinks, although he did talk about the body language/lack of intensity from Ronaldo/Rashford yesterday.

United have shot themselves in the foot by bringing back Ronaldo. He should be a impact sub but given his status, if he doesn't start there is massive headlines, as we saw when he was benched against Chelsea.

Last season, without Ronaldo, we had no problem scoring goals. The goals were shared around the team and Bruno looked a much better player without having to serve Ronaldo each game.

Greenwood for me should be starting most games, he's the future and should play.

norm87cro

He didn't shine that's for sure. Could have done better with the Rashford pass too aldo if he had scored after the two dummies (once he had to resort to that) people would be praising him here. He seems to be enjoying the CL way more than the PL that is clear by now

KeanoMagicHat

It's not and even in statistical eyes it isn't.

Mistakes happen, even the greatest players miss easy chances.
Shows the bias of some people here through the Ronaldo-tinted lens that they can’t even blame Ronaldo for that miss.

mancan92

Fair enough. I think Rangnick has to be clever when asked about whether Ronaldo suits his system in order to avoid a media storm. He probably can't say what he thinks, although he did talk about the body language/lack of intensity from Ronaldo/Rashford yesterday.

United have shot themselves in the foot by bringing back Ronaldo. He should be a impact sub but given his status, if he doesn't start there is massive headlines, as we saw when he was benched against Chelsea.

Last season, without Ronaldo, we had no problem scoring goals. The goals were shared around the team and Bruno looked a much better player without having to serve Ronaldo each game.

Greenwood for me should be starting most games, he's the future and should play.
This is a joke post right?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

I won't disagree but we have zero proof that he won't be a fit either. We didn't even press yesterday. If everyone pressed and Ronaldo was the only one who didn't, then I could have understood the logic.

Best is to wait and how we do when Cavani comes in. Quite sure he is going to be rested for a game or 2 in next 2 weeks.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Terrible Performance from Ronaldo, people blaming the pass need to stop sucking up to Ronaldo, ridiculous. You expect Ronaldo to finish that 9 times out of 10 regardless of the pass.

His overall play was terrible as well, especially in the first half.
Well, to be fair the whole team was terrible, with only exception being Fred and De Gea.

But anyway, Ronaldo should have score that goal, and the scoreline should be 2-0 rather than 1-0. Luckily not a big difference there.

But next few games we really need to up our standard, when the whole team is playing poorly against bottom team of the league, alot of things would really needed to sort out quick.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If I was Ronaldo, I’d actually love to be coming on for 30 mins after the younger players have tired out the opposition…!

I think he’d possibly score more goals as a super sub over a season and also PROLONG his career in doing so, rather than running himself into the ground for 90 mins and not being able to press properly.

rooney2009

Wishing injury on a player

This is a very sensible post
I love Ronaldo but He is not the future
I hope he gets injured for a few weeks so we can actually see how we play without him
The media and fans obsession with Ronaldo has been to the detriment of Utd and we now look like a crap team and it has cost Ole his job
I hope Ronaldo retires at the end of the season or goes to the MLS
I hate when I read and they say Ronaldo saves Utd again..when he was bloody anonymous all game
At least last season we looked liked a team,now just look like a bunch of individuals running around
We need to move to the future and the future is not Ronaldo..I’m sorry.

Pickle85

I hope he gets injured for a few weeks so we can actually see how we play without him
The media and fans obsession with Ronaldo has been to the detriment of Utd and we now look like a crap team and it has cost Ole his job
I hate when I read and they say Ronaldo saves Utd again..when he was bloody anonymous all game
At least last season we looked liked a team,now just look like a bunch of individuals running around
Let me get this straight...you're saying Ronaldo cost Ole his job?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If Ronaldo did cost Ole his job, that's the best thing he has done to this club.

Tap

We were crap under Ole with or without Ronaldo. If his arrival means increased expectations which cost Ole his job, all the better.

Sviken

I hope he gets injured for a few weeks
Holy crap. Also, hilarious you'll say he cost Ole his job... given the fact that he basically saved him in the CL and won him like 10 points in the league single-handedly. He was probably the only man that even bothered to extend Ole's stay here.

captaincantona

Sviken and chums...genuine question...

First, I was in here defending Ronaldo yesterday after the game. Not trying to wind anyone up. Thought his attitude was spot on despite being a yard off the pace. Saw him lifting players up and trying to speed the game up when we needed a goal when others looked truly passive. He was trying to lead when others looked a bit lost...(we need to take the captaincy off Maguire in that regard)

However, do Ralfs comments worry the big Ron fan club?

“ In other parts, we lacked a little bit of intensity, body language and we were not as aggressive as Norwich were, especially up front. We could have done with more intensity, with more physicality.”

I think Rashford has more to account for than Ronny in that regard going on Ronnys work rate in both RR games. But it does seem a bit like a warning that RR wants more intensity across the front line and indeed will want it consistently. Can Ronny be really expected to keep up with those demands?

Genuine question...my original opinion was I doubted if Ronaldo would harry and chase consistently. So far, he is doing better than our other forwards but that’s not saying much...I expect things to ramp up or people will be dropped. I wonder if Mason and Elanga are willing to bust a gut...do they start getting a shot?

BorisManUtd

13 goals and 2 assists in 18 appearances, played his first game on 11th September vs Newcastle and yesterday against Norwich his latest, 3 months later. I wonder how many goals will Ronaldo have scored at the end of the season but at this rate it should be a fine number for a 37 year old.

KetilOwren88

His worst game for us since rejoining, but still managed to create the winner by just beeing there as defenders are so aware of him. That’s why I am not that worried about him. Ronaldo will always find a way to make an impact in a game. The most important thing is to manage him in the right way and find the best matches for him, and Ragnick will do that. I am much more worried about Rashford’s form and to some extent Bruno’s. Cavani really needs to shake off his injuries too.

Jackal981

Let me get this straight...you're saying Ronaldo cost Ole his job?
He costed Ole his job by exposing how bad he was as a manager :lol:. If anything Ronaldo had prolonged Ole's tenure by bailing him out multiple times especially in CL

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Total nonsense! You hope Ronaldo get an injury to prove your point? What a terrible human being you are!

We lose at home vs West Ham in league cup early round when Ronaldo got rested.

Loss to young boys when Ronaldo got sub out in 55 mins.

And didn’t win a game when Ronaldo is being rested and sub on late in the game.

So that already cost us a cup, some valuable points in the league.

And he is our top scorer, winning most points for us, far more than anymore else.

And here you are, wanting him to get injured, so you could prove your point? Are you someone who think that, if we didn’t play Ronaldo we would turn around those loss against Liverpool, City, Leicester? Like seriously?

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Buddy, you had juve fans wishing the same on Ronaldo and look where they are now he's gone.

He had a crap game but there's a stupid myth he holds back the team

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
For what it's worth I think you've been crap for quite a while and that Ole was a mediocre manager, but I guess you prefer the team to play Europa League every year.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
13 goals and 2 assists in 18 appearances, played his first game on 11th September vs Newcastle and yesterday against Norwich his latest, 3 months later. I wonder how many goals will Ronaldo have scored at the end of the season but at this rate it should be a fine number for a 37 year old.
There will be 5+ more months to go for the season. If he keep same rate, he would score another 22+ more, and will end the season with around 35+ goals, which will be similar to his previous numbers at Juventus.

SonyaCross493

Ronny Mr. Champions League will prove once again he's the GOAT. I have no doubt we will smash this tinpot oil club PSG and send Poch packing with the sack in the morning.

Just a shame we have to win the CL the hard way haha!

CR7 will be licking his lips at the thought of this fragile PSG defence. And making a fool out of Ramos.

Ronny has had a much better season than Messi. I'm more worried about Mbeppe who's PSG's best player and played better than Messi this season.

rooney2009

Total nonsense! You hope Ronaldo get an injury to prove your point? What a terrible human being you are!

We lose at home vs West Ham in league cup early round when Ronaldo got rested.

Loss to young boys when Ronaldo got sub out in 55 mins.

And didn’t win a game when Ronaldo is being rested and sub on late in the game.

So that already cost us a cup, some valuable points in the league.

And he is our top scorer, winning most points for us, far more than anymore else.

And here you are, wanting him to get injured, so you could prove your point? Are you someone who think that, if we didn’t play Ronaldo we would turn around those loss against Liverpool, City, Leicester? Like seriously?
You think Ronaldo is the future then??
this season is a wasted season
we just need to start building for the future
ok I would like Ronaldo not be injured but to get rested once in a while so that we can start playing modern football with energy
hope that makes me a better person

BorisManUtd

There will be 5+ more months to go for the season. If he keep same rate, he would score another 22+ more, and will end the season with around 35+ goals, which will be similar to his previous numbers at Juventus.
Goal machine. I'd just love it if we get some trophy while Ronaldo is at United, at least Fa Cup.

SonyaCross493

Sad to see any United game called off as I was looking forward to it but I think this is potentially a massive silver lining advantage benefits for United players and Rangnick to get a massive 2 weeks rest (I assume the Brighton game will be called off too) before Newcastle in 2 weeks (enjoy Christmas lads!) and train more to learn and get use to Rangnick style/philosophy. And will give us a better chance of winning the games when they are rescheduled as we will much better in terms of playing the Rangnick way.

Plus Ronny the GOAT our talisman at 36 gets a well deserved and needed rest for 2 whole weeks.. he will be fresh as a daisy ready to score a hat-trick against the Geordie scummers Newcastle!

It's like having a fresh new pre-season for United (which normally lasts a few weeks), Rangnick with all the players and Ronny (who never had a pre-season with the team to get use to the players and vice versa) to implement Rangnicks vision and get use to each other and United will be better for it. The reset for the New United starts here.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He'll now get the much needed rest, he was looking exhausted in the last two games. A 10 day rest with light training and he'll be back fresh raring to go. Hopefully he'll have a fully fit cavani by his side aswell.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You think Ronaldo is the future then??
this season is a wasted season
we just need to start building for the future
ok I would like Ronaldo not be injured but to get rested once in a while so that we can start playing modern football with energy
hope that makes me a better person
We have been building for future over many years already, we have always been building for the future. But its nearly 8 years since Fergie era, the future never arrived. Back then Jones and Smalling were supposed to be our future CB, Cleverley and Gibson were supposed to be our future CM, then later Janujai and even Martial was supposed to be our future star attacking players too. Pogba was bought back for huge sum of money to lead our midfield in future. None of them delivered.

Truth is, we need to ensure top 4 finish this season, and hopefully winning a trophy too. Of course playing Ronaldo would increase our odds of winning, this man has won far more trophies than anyone else in the league, he is still the best difference maker/match winner around.

Last edited:

A Civilized Reader

Stop bringing up Cavani. He has been injured and could not play.

Who else is better than Ronaldo in his position? Rashford? Greenwood? Martial? Lingard?

Now you have your answer. Stop being so negative.

Last edited:

Gottabekiddingme

The twitter account just posted his goal vs Newcastle from 3 months ago and no one can tell me he's finished. Fast as a rocket when he makes a run.

bringbackbebe

Ronaldo shouldn't start more than a game / week if we are going to get the best out of him. He looked exhausted against Norwich. We don't have much of a choice however. Ole benched him, SAF made a comment on starting the best players always, and it was downhill from there.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ronaldo shouldn't start more than a game / week if we are going to get the best out of him. He looked exhausted against Norwich. We don't have much of a choice however. Ole benched him, SAF made a comment on starting the best players always, and it was downhill from there.
He might have had Covid for all we know. But it would make sense to try to pick the right games for him anyway.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The twitter account just posted his goal vs Newcastle from 3 months ago and no one can tell me he's finished. Fast as a rocket when he makes a run.
Fat Ronaldo was also surprisingly fast when he was really fat and playing in the brazil league. Cristiano isnt finished he's just past his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.