Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Potentially one of the two new positive tested from yesterday?

SonyaCross493

Marcus Rashford posted underneath "congratulations brother!" which shows the camaraderie between the lads

Fair play. The Manchester United men and womens team will get a player each! :keano: I wonder if they will be born in Manchester? That'll be pretty cool to have potential England players of the future

This rest because of the games getting postponed will be good for Ronny. Hat-trick against Newcastle coming up! :devil:

by the way we should've really saved that piano announcement for Ronny!

Last edited:

SonyaCross493

I hope Rangnick is working on the team making use of CR7 heading ability. To not score from a corner this season is criminal when you have probably the best header of a football of all time in your team.

Also need to put a lot more crosses into the box for Ronny to attack which is what Dalot and Telles are going to do once they build up an understanding with Ronny (it'll take awhile to build up that understanding).

The postponed games gives United and Rangnick a rare chance to work on these things in training almost like another pre-season in a way.

Last edited:

SonyaCross493

Ella Toone grew up wearing a No 7 shirt and idolising Cristiano Ronaldo... now the Manchester United Women's star shares a training ground with her hero and is just as determined to succeed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...la-Toone-idolising-Cristiano-Ronaldo-and.html

what a lovely story. I hope she gets a chance to meet her idol :drool:

When Ronny was last at United, we didn't even have a womens team! How times change.

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Ella Toone grew up wearing a No 7 shirt and idolising Cristiano Ronaldo... now the Manchester United Women's star shares a training ground with her hero and is just as determined to succeed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...la-Toone-idolising-Cristiano-Ronaldo-and.html

what a lovely story. I hope she gets a chance to meet her idol :drool:

When Ronny was last at United, we didn't even have a womens team! How times change.
We did have a women team, it didn't survive post glazers.

sp_107

Why so much talk about so many players leaving us lately

Rashford, Greenwood, Jesse, Martial, Pogba, Henderson

Bole Top

Yes im being sarcastic after many people made the idiotic argument that Ronaldo was a hindrance
he obviously wasn't. but the funny thing is, Juve are actually higher on table than they were last season on the same date (they were 6th) + they only need to go past Villarreal to have more successfull CL campaign than with him in the team. I think people should restrain of such posts until United is actually in top 4 and Juventus are out of CL race because there's trully a good chance of them getting it again and us ending in Europa League.

SER19

he obviously wasn't. but the funny thing is, Juve are actually higher on table than they were last season on the same date (they were 6th) + they only need to go past Villarreal to have more successfull CL campaign than with him in the team. I think people should restrain of such posts until United is actually in top 4 and Juventus are out of CL race because there's trully a good chance of them getting it again and us ending in Europa League.
But that's only relevant if comparing United and juventus with Ronaldo as the only variable. Which he obviously isn't

mu4c_20le

Try to relax and enjoy the sport. You sound like you worry too much.

SonyaCross493

Merry Christmas from the GOAT! :keano:

The kids wearing Manchester United shirts :drool:

Last edited:

SonyaCross493

When could Cristiano Ronaldo play in MLS?

Could he play in MLS? .
Ronaldo's contract with Manchester United expires in June of 2023, but the club has the option for a further year, which means he could play with the Premier League side until he is 40-years-old. So the only real possibility for him to play in Major League Soccer is if he doesn't get that contract extension and departs from the Premier League side in 2023.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/12/26/soccer/1640554262_669230.amp.html

I guess it depends if United take up the option to extend Ronny's contract for another year before next January in the next 12-months (otherwise he can talk to other clubs in January including MLS ones and Sporting Lisbon as a free agent)

I imagine there will be massive clamour from the fans to extend Ronny's contract and give him another year especially if Ronny starts next season in great form and United are top of the league. But obviously depends on the club, manager, and money men running it.

i mean if Ryan Giggs can play for the club at 41 surely Ronaldo can play at 40 with his fitness, the way he looks after himself and dedication can if he wants to and accepts a reduced role!? I guess it also depends on if Ronny is prepared to accept a reduced role. But I think he's smart and mature enough to realise that. Let's see what happens a year is a long time in football.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Absolutely spot on.

Ronaldo is the Boss here. He will play whenever and wherever he wants to. The recent pressing/workrate talk is completely stupid. How on earth you can expect and ask the GOAT to run and press? That dirty work is reserved for those other peasant players.

If Ralf doesn't want to lose his job he should listen to Ronaldo. The whole existence of this club is to serve Ronaldo and his records. Nothing is more important than that.
:lol: not sure if this is a serious post or not. Difficult to tell these days.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

When could Cristiano Ronaldo play in MLS?

Could he play in MLS? .
Ronaldo's contract with Manchester United expires in June of 2023, but the club has the option for a further year, which means he could play with the Premier League side until he is 40-years-old. So the only real possibility for him to play in Major League Soccer is if he doesn't get that contract extension and departs from the Premier League side in 2023.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/12/26/soccer/1640554262_669230.amp.html

I guess it depends if United take up the option to extend Ronny's contract for another year before next January in the next 12-months (otherwise he can talk to other clubs in January including MLS ones and Sporting Lisbon as a free agent)

I imagine there will be massive clamour from the fans to extend Ronny's contract and give him another year especially if Ronny starts next season in great form and United are top of the league. But obviously depends on the club, manager, and money men running it.

i mean if Ryan Giggs can play for the club at 41 surely Ronaldo can play at 40 with his fitness, the way he looks after himself and dedication can if he wants to and accepts a reduced role!? I guess it also depends on if Ronny is prepared to accept a reduced role. But I think he's smart and mature enough to realise that. Let's see what happens a year is a long time in football.
Ronaldo is obsessed by records and he's still one of the best attackers in the world. Even when he leaves Man Utd, I'm sure he'll rather go to a CL club to keep on scoring goals to enhance his legacy.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Does his record count if he scores in the MLS to reach 1000 goals?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo is obsessed by records and he's still one of the best attackers in the world. Even when he leaves Man Utd, I'm sure he'll rather go to a CL club to keep on scoring goals to enhance his legacy.
Exactly. My guess is, we will extend him another year until 2024, and Ronaldo would be 39 by then. So he would have 3 years here. And by the end of his time in United, I think he would reach 900 career goals.

He may then go to Sporting for 2 more seasons of CL football (just to extend his CL goal record, to ensure players like Haaland wouldn't have chance to break it in future), and perhaps he would wait until his son debut, and he would probably retire by then (age 40-41). But it really depends whether he would want to go for 1000 goal records. I mean, he could, if he retire at age of 42-43. It would be great legacy to end his career.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I can see him going back to sporting if they keep up their good form

So let's say he stays here till he's 39 then goes back to scp and plays a further 2 years pretty neat

Or we win the treble and he retires

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Despite his goals in the CL, he has been so so poor in the PL for us. Just hinders the team and offers next to feck all. Needs to be dropped for Caavni and make bruno the main man again, atleast that was working last season.

marktan

He was crap in his final season with Juventus (in terms of all-round play, not goals) and it's continued here. Hate to say it but he's noticeably declined. I'd rather have Cavani up top, to be honest I'd even try Martial since he's better on the ball currently and would bring others in to play.

Woodenlung

Seems like the things certain pundits and journalists warned about are beginning to come true. Ronaldo is an arch finisher, but his overall ability has declined to the extent that he can't contribute in deeper areas. When you consider what our strikers are asked to do, he really doesn't fit.

He would be perfect for a team like City who create many chances to score and just need someone to put it in the net.

Nordmore

Absolutely the worst player out there, along with Greenwood. Tbh I can't remember anything noticable from him except the yellow card and the airshot. For 90'. Utter garbage, again. He doesn't deserve to start next match.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Never looked like adding to his goal tally tonight and when that happens you’re left with nothing,

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
with how poor he was today he needs to look in the mirror (this time not vainly).

kundalini

More interested in complaining to the referee than contributing for the team. Very fortunate not to be substituted. Awful performance.

YooNow

FFS, he barely had any service tonight.

Countless times I saw the team not passing to Ronaldo even when he was wide open. I don't know what kind of agenda the lads have on Ronaldo, or whether their quality is just plain shit, but the overall team performance was appalling.

Don't blame it on Ronaldo for not showing tonight; the team was atrocious, no system, no passing to the feet, just long balls forward. What do you expect Ronaldo to do in this kind of circumstance?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can't believe how bad his touch is these days. He's ridiculously clumsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.