Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
The crazy thing is, Juve fans who were actually winning things never blamed Ronaldo for their shortcomings when the team regressed under Pirlo (they were mostly just unhappy about the impact his salary was having on their finances). But on the pitch, he was one of the few players typically absolved of any blame. It’s quite ironic really.
What's ironic is that you continue making such fibs when Juve fans have pointed out the opposite to you a few times by now:

I rarely if ever saw any Juventus fans criticise him for lack of pressing (I rarely ever saw them suffer because of it too). Ronaldo has always been known for his low defensive contribution, which has been universally accepted his entire career until now.
It hindered us massively. We just had two coaches who wanted us to press high, but we just couldn't do it effectively and a big reason was Ronaldo's low work-rate off the ball. Of course you could also argue that those coaches were wrong to try and play a style that didn't suit our superstar player.

No the point is, he was the best player for each of those coaches and was also by far and away the main reason they won the trophies they did. Sarri won 1 of his only 2 trophies EVER in football largley because of Ronaldo in 19/20. Under Allegri, Juve were in record breaking form during the 18/19 season and were on course for the most points ever achieved in a single season in serie A until they took the gas off the pedal in the final games when everything had already been won. There's clearly little research behind anything you're saying. You're just randomly attributing their sackings to Ronaldo's presence in the team. Pirlo and Ole were COMPLETE novices. Sarri won as much as he could've with that Juve squad..ditto Allegri. You literally have no point here.

Sarri during his only season at Juve won Serie A and made it to the final of the Copa Italia - losing to Napoli on penalties. That was about the max potential for that team and squad. In the CL they underperformed but it's Ronaldo's fault even though he almost single-handedly took them through against Lyon? You can make the same point for Allegri's season prior.

IF anything, the teams Ronaldo has played for has let him down massively, not the other way round.
Of course not, he actually zombified a squad built up as a cohesive unit of plucky underdogs, sucking the life out of any other relevant contributor. That may be good for tennis or boxing, not for football or any other team sport.

ps. He is at United now, so any reference to his time at Juve just serves a prejudice about his current value at Utd.
Many other posts from Juve fans on this thread along the same lines this season, let alone the Juve and the CR7 threads in the football forum from the past few seasons.

Edit: @MrEleson the above quotes were by Juve fans, on this thread, in response to your previous claims that Juventini never blamed Ronaldo for his onfield performances.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Many other posts from Juve fans on this thread along the same lines this season, let alone the Juve and the CR7 threads in the football forum from the past few seasons.
"When I returned, I worked with CR7 for two years and we did well together, but I think Juventus lost that DNA of being a team. We reached the Champions League final in 2017 because we were a side full of experience, but above all we were a single unit and there was this competition for places within the group that was very strong. We lost that with Ronaldo. " Gianluigi Buffon, Juventus legend

MrEleson

What's ironic is that you continue making such fibs when Juve fans have pointed out the opposite to you a few times by now:

Yes, they did. Plenty of Juventus fans didn't appreciate his poor workrate and the fact that he did nothing but wait for changes to be handed to him on a plate.

They went from a team that won 4 consecutive doubles to regressing overnight. And the Juve fans - like United fans now - didn't appreciate the negative impact that a man consumed by personal glory had on their team.
I don’t know about these threads (there are maybe 2 or 3 Juve fans on the whole forum?) but on Juventuz.com (an actual Juventus fan forum) the vast majority saw Ronaldo as one of the team’s few bright spots over the last few seasons even to the point where they felt the club held him back.The only issue most had was how much they felt his astronomical wages was crippling their finances and ability to spend in the transfer market.

Ladron de redcafe

I don’t know about these threads (there are maybe 2 or 3 Juve fans on the whole forum?) but on Juventuz.com (an actual Juventus fan forum) the vast majority saw Ronaldo as one of the team’s few bright spots over the last few seasons even to the point where they felt the club held him back.The only issue most had was how much they felt his astronomical wages was crippling their finances and ability to spend in the transfer market.
So you have decided to dismiss the opinions of all the Juventus fans Jerez as well as the ones we all encountered in real life because you won't like the fact that they didn't rate Ronaldo? :lol:

We can peruse that forum of you'd like (and I have, and a lot echo the same sentiments that Ronaldo disappointed). Even then, it's hillarious that you think Juventuz.com represents the consenus among Juventus fans.

Last edited:

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
"When I returned, I worked with CR7 for two years and we did well together, but I think Juventus lost that DNA of being a team. We reached the Champions League final in 2017 because we were a side full of experience, but above all we were a single unit and there was this competition for places within the group that was very strong. We lost that with Ronaldo. " Gianluigi Buffon, Juventus legend
Some more comments along the same lines from Chiellini and Bonucci. Lot's of great things about CR7's individual impact, but quite critical about his impact on the team. I'm highlighting the quotes around his impact on the team since those are relevant to the conversation on this thread.

Chiellini said:
“I had already figured out he could leave this summer, because we reached a stage of the working relationship where Cristiano needed new motivation and a team that would play for him,” Chiellini told DAZN.

“When he finds a team like that, he can always be decisive, as he was at Juve too. Juventus are beginning a process of renewal and trying to bring the average age down, so clearly he would’ve been an added bonus if he’d stayed, but it’s fair he wanted a team more focused on the present than the future.”
https://football-italia.net/chiellini-ronaldo-needed-team-to-play-for-him/

Bonucci said:
“This was the thing,” Bonucci told The Athletic. “The idea that one player, even the best in the world, could guarantee Juventus victory.

“Cristiano’s presence had a big influence on us. Just training with him gave us something extra but subconsciously players started to think his presence alone was enough to win games.

We began to fall a little short in our daily work, the humility, the sacrifice, the desire to be there for your team-mate day after day. Over the last few years, I think you could see that.

Despite his incredible record in Serie A too, Bonucci believes CR7 needed ‘the team as much as we needed him’.

“Last season, we finished fourth and won the Coppa Italia because we became a team again. If you had thrown a piece of wood in the dressing room before those games it would have caught fire such was the electricity running through it.

“We missed that. Maybe it was taken for granted that if we gave the ball to Cristiano, he’d win us the game.

“But Cristiano needed the team as much as we needed him. There had to be a trade-off because it’s the team that lifts the individual even if the individual is the best player on the planet.
https://football-italia.net/bonucci-reveals-what-went-wrong-for-ronaldo-at-juventus/

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Some more comments along the same lines from Chiellini and Bonucci. Lot's of great things about CR7's individual impact, but quite critical about his impact on the team. I'm highlighting the quotes around his impact on the team since those are relevant to the conversation on this thread.

https://football-italia.net/chiellini-ronaldo-needed-team-to-play-for-him/

https://football-italia.net/bonucci-reveals-what-went-wrong-for-ronaldo-at-juventus/
None of this is Ronaldo's fault is it? It's their fault for being complacent and lazy.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I work with Juventus fans, not a single one wanted Ronaldo to stay. It wasn’t solely down to wages too.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
So you have decided to dismiss the opinions of all the Juventus fans Jerez as well as the ones we all encountered in real life because you won't like the fact that they didn't rate Ronaldo? :lol:

We can peruse that forum of you'd like (and I have, and a lot echo the same sentiments that Ronaldo disappointed). Even then, it's hillarious that you think Juventuz.com represents the consenus among Juventus fans.
He is the perfect case study of “repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”. It is entertaining reading though

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I work with Juventus fans, not a single one wanted Ronaldo to stay. It wasn’t solely down to wages too.
Spoke for yourself and your limited exposure with Juventus fans. There are millions of fans from Juv, you don’t spoke for all of them.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Spoke for yourself and your limited exposure with Juventus fans. There are millions of fans from Juv, you don’t spoke for all of them.
Well above all he wasnt getting younger. At some he would have to go.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So if we're going with a 4-3-3 now, how does he fit in if we expect him to be a first choice player? He brings pretty glaring weakness at either CF or as a wide attacker that (I assume) playing with two up front sought to ameliorate.

Pintu

Well above all he wasnt getting younger. At some he would have to go.
Seeing the tweets form Juve fans, I am not sure Ronaldo was the problem. I remember seeing this and thinking he will be lethal on the counters with Bruno and Greenwood.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Seeing the tweets form Juve fans, I am not sure Ronaldo was the problem. I remember seeing this and thinking he will be lethal on the counters with Bruno and Greenwood.

Never said he was the problem

Shark

@NotShark
I'm starting to already come around to him leaving in the summer tbh. He's given us some great goals in the CL but we needed a replacement for Matic far more than we needed someone like him, at his age.

MrEleson

Didn't say I was dismissing them. I'm just saying there's only 3 on this site and that's a small sample size if that's what your original consensus was from. And i never said i thought Juventuz.com represents all Juve fans but there's 100s of them so..

MrEleson

Is your experience with Juve fans somehow supposed to be more valid than mine simply because it supports your agenda?

Last edited:

SER19

Think he'll score twice tonight. Doesn't usually go long spells without goals

Ladron de redcafe

Didn't say I was dismissing them. I'm just saying there's only 3 on this site and that's a small sample size if that's what your original consensus was from. And i never said i thought Juventuz.com represents all Juve fans but there's 100s of them so..
And a lot of them wanted him out. So there's that.

Brentford 1:3 Man Utd

bakalhau

Had a step up 2nd half like most of the team. Overall don't think he was bad. You gotta appreciate the pass in the 2nd goal. McTom's pass is great, but nothing by that point indicates there's a good chance in the making. The vision, creativity, and execution of the pass was brilliant, and that was really the play unlocker to give United the 2 goal cushion. He needs to do more of this, I think he's very creative still in certain ways, and should do more flicks, more chest passes, more 1-2s, more quick football.

You guys are gonna spend days talking about it so might as well get my view out if the way... In relation to the sub, it's just a normal thing. Dozens of players come off visibly pissed off every week everywhere. I would be incredibly concerned if he would be happy coming off on the back of a 2 goal lead with counter attacking chances coming up. That's the only thing I'd be worried about. If he ever seems like he doesn't care coming off, sell him immediately because it means he's done with football.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Good pass. Some worrying signs of weak shots though. I hope it's just a bad run. I don't think he's a tactical handicap or anything but worry if he's lost some potency.

MNG2646

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo must accept that he is 37 years old and in the last 20-30 minutes he will get subbed off if the team needs fresh legs. You can't speak about young players not listening to you and acting like a child at the same time.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
Good pass. Some worrying signs of weak shots though. I hope it's just a bad run. I don't think he's a tactical handicap or anything but worry if he's lost some potency.
Are you suggesting he might be impotent?

Heinzesight

Loved the chest/shoulder pass. Good to see him pissed off…now get yourself fired up and score a couple against West Ham please.

KeanoMagicHat

Completely unnecessary strop at the end, get over yourself man. You're nearly 37 and you're 2-0 up. Sometimes just take a night off and sit down.

SonyaCross493

Poor Ronaldo he can't buy a goal right now he is raging.. forgot the last time he scored.. he's struggling to score goals since Rangnick took over he scores more goals under Ole as manager :(

Swiss_Red89

I really disliked his reaction after his sub....he should be old enough to understand it under the circumstances. Definitely a bad example for the younger players.

SonyaCross493

Didn't look fully match fit
yet people forget his pressing, chest pass energy just because he didn't score

that's why Ronaldo was upset as he knows he don't get credit if he doesn't score a goal he's criticised in the media and by the fans as he's judged on goals.. he wants to be loved

if Ronaldinho or Messi did that chest pass it would be replayed all over the World for days.

Chicharo

Great chest pass.
As for his reaction, nothing new about that and it's already forgotten. The guy just wants to play and l always like when a player shows that he cares.
He'll score against WH.

Status
Not open for further replies.