5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bakalhau

...and generally played intelligent, one touch passing.
Yeah, good eye from you and good way to describe it. Lots of passes that moved the play forward, against the sideways passes we mostly saw from everyone else, bar Bruno but that's a given in any game. Wasn't fantastic as you say but he felt like the only one relishing the moment rather than cowering.

Mainoldo

Its the same thing with our DM conundrum....

You don't get to see just HOW BADLY do we miss a world class DM until Matić manages to get a good 10 minutes.....and then it just clicks....OH! So that's what it looks like!

Same thing with Ronaldo.

We don't see how badly we miss a proper CF until we get one.

He's done. He will score some more goals no doubt about it, but it's just not what we need.
Spot on. The man offers nothing

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I thought he wasn't bad at all tonight. Not great but he certainly wasn't; lacking desire. The problem was he was getting no service to speak of. Midfield was not functioning (but we know all about our midfield). Not much you can do in those circumstances. However, bar his free kick attempt, I thought he tried to link up with the other players and actually got involved in areas of the pitch you wouldn't expect him to pop up, albeit briefly.

Mac1997

Thought he did well tonight considering how poor the service was.

Fought for everything worked very hard, orchestrated our pressing as best he could and showed lots of leadership.

Also loved that he looked so hacked of with what was a very poor team performance.

Can't doubt his work rate at all.

Cabin Clown

Ronaldo was very good tonight. There was two players with the aggression taking the game to them in the first half and that was Ronaldo and Varane, as the rest of the team looked terrified.

BerryBerryShrew

Ronaldo was very good tonight. There was two players with the aggression taking the game to them in the first half and that was Ronaldo and Varane, as the rest of the team looked terrified.
I can't criticise Ronnie too much due to lack of service but Varane was really poor in the 1st half- was caught in possession and gave the ball away far too often. Literally nobody in that starting 11 covered themselves in glory this evening I reckon.

rooney2009

He was so poor tonight not as bad as Rashford but for a previous GOAT he was horrible
He doesn’t look strong enough and he would never had made the run Elanga made for the goal
What are his strengths this days apart from scoring the odd worldie
He can’t hold up the ball or make runs or press high.
For a player on half a million pounds a week, he doesn’t do much

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Bad call to bring him back. He is obviously class but his head is in the fecking clouds all the time, and it causes big team issues. We aren't the right team for him. Should have stayed in Spain or Italy.

Dookingham United

Spot on. The man offers nothing
The man offers nothing?? What a load of crap! No one can do the job. Pick anyone and the same will be true. What would Haaland have done tonight??
We have the best goal scorer in history having to come to our own half way line to get the ball to have anything to do in the game!!

His job is to finish. Put the ball in the net. Nothing else.
We create nothing. No crosses, no through balls, no decent corners.
Our team spent so much time in our own half tonight that I was left wondering what bloody game we were playing at all, because it didn't look like football.
And yet he is supposed to beat the worlds best teams on his own??
We are only here because of his goals.

Next year when he is not here because we have the worst "team" to wear the Utd shirt let's see who you blame then.

Mainoldo

The man offers nothing?? What a load of crap! No one can do the job. Pick anyone and the same will be true. What would Haaland have done tonight??
We have the best goal scorer in history having to come to our own half way line to get the ball to have anything to do in the game!!

His job is to finish. Put the ball in the net. Nothing else.
We create nothing. No crosses, no through balls, no decent corners.
Our team spent so much time in our own half tonight that I was left wondering what bloody game we were playing at all, because it didn't look like football.
And yet he is supposed to beat the worlds best teams on his own??
We are only here because of his goals.

Next year when he is not here because we have the worst "team" to wear the Utd shirt let's see who you blame then.
What would Haaland have done?

Controlled the ball
Made a pass without falling over
Run past defenders without being out muscled.

I mean there is many things other top strikers could of done better. But of course a 37 year old Ronaldo is still the best attacker in world football. We just aren’t using him right.

His job is to finish? Let’s just get Jermain Defoe then shall we.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Miles off it.

Been great to see flashes this season but that's all it's been.

Unfortunately we lack alternatives.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Had he spent less time moaning to the linesman at the end he would have been primed to tap in the rebound from lingard.

He's petulant, always has been and it's annoying.
Im surprised many haven't noticed that.

Alek M

Da manic one
What would Haaland have done?

Controlled the ball
Made a pass without falling over
Run past defenders without being out muscled.

I mean there is many things other top strikers could of done better. But of course a 37 year old Ronaldo is still the best attacker in world football. We just aren’t using him right.

His job is to finish? Let’s just get Jermain Defoe then shall we.
best attacker in the world? Not in top 10. Maybe in top 20. Maybe!

Rojow

You do realize Messi scored 2 goals in French league this season, right? The 19 years old Elanga scored the same number of goals for United in the Premier League this season.
Do you realise that video isn't about goals.. IF Cristiano isn't scoring, at least, he could pass the freaking ball good.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can't blame him when the whole team was shite and provide him no service at all. I think he is above average overall, at least he didn't feck up like Rashford or Bruno did in their every touch.

Haaland would have struggled badly in this team.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Today I think he was alright, the main problem against Atlético was the midfield. They were more organized and pressing better so the attackers of Manchester United barely sniffed the ball but whenever he had the ball I thought he was making the correct decisions and runs. So the main concern should be to have a functional midfield for the returning leg but a draw isn't a bad result at all and this is the type of tie you want him on the field as long as possible.

LoneStar

We need a different kind of striker in this team. Someone who can hold up the ball well, and can link up play better. Look at how good Kane was doing it against City last week.

I felt he had an average game. At this point, we know he needs service to score goals. Also him taking every free kick when none of them have been close even is infuriating.

Anustart89

Im surprised many haven't noticed that.
Apart from being ten yards offside, he would’ve been in a perfect position to tap it in. Had he not moaned and got himself back onside he would not have been primed to tap it in. Bit of a non-argument, really. There’s a lot to moan about with his recent performances, but that’s just making stuff up.

United in sin

Can't blame him when the whole team was shite and provide him no service at all. I think he is above average overall, at least he didn't feck up like Rashford or Bruno did in their every touch.

Haaland would have struggled badly in this team.
Do you have anything to criticize about his performances?

AussieDevil

He isn’t a striker, I’d rather play him off the left with a midfielder proving cover behind him. It’s not like Rashford offers a lot defensively anyway.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's a shame that he is starting every game even though he is so poor. Contributes feck all to the team. He doesn't work hard, his finishing is erratic and doesn't even have hold up play. On top of that he just takes free kicks from dangerous position and barely hits target.

He has been a liability in last few months, hopefully he will be back to his best.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I honestly don’t understand anymore, it’s like people have decided before a ball is kicked if he didn’t score he is useless, thought he was very neat and tidy, drew free kicks, did his part in the goal, and had one awful free kick :lol:

What can you expect when the team behind were so awful (especially in the first half)? It was a typical isolated striker performance.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He isn’t a striker, I’d rather play him off the left with a midfielder proving cover behind him. It’s not like Rashford offers a lot defensively anyway.
Looking at his workrates I would leave him where he is, in a ST position.

Anyway Ronaldo can't be criticized for last night's performance as all of our starters were terrible. He had his bad games for us but not against Atletico.
He barely gets any service against teams like Aston Villa or Brighton, it was obvious it was going to be difficult for him to play a decent game against a good opponent.
There were some attempted crosses in the last few minutes of the first half against Atletico where the ball flew 5 m about his head about 3-4 times.

Yes he's selfish and seems to care only about his personal records and not if the team wins, but that's what we bought and we knew that from the moment we've signed him.

Real Name

He was decent, was going back even to center circle to get the ball at times and contributed to our gameplay. I dont want to hear he doesnt contribute and stands in the attack only ever again.
Unfortunately we have the same suspects repeating the same stuff after every game.

AndySmith1990

He may as well not be in the team. The way people say he's faultless because no one puts it on a plate for him shows that people see him as nothing but a poacher whose only there to score tap ins. We've no hope of being amongst the best teams with that sort of player up front. We need a dynamic forward player who actually gets involved in the build up. Look at the best teams in Europe to see what their #9s offer.

Berbasbullet

He may as well not be in the team. The way people say he's faultless because no one puts it on a plate for him shows that people see him as nothing but a poacher whose only there to score tap ins. We've no hope of being amongst the best teams with that sort of player up front. We need a dynamic forward player who actually gets involved in the build up. Look at the best teams in Europe to see what their #9s offer.
He was literally involved in the build up plenty last night.

Berbasbullet

He was decent, was going back even to center circle to get the ball at times and contributed to our gameplay. I dont want to hear he doesnt contribute and stands in the attack only ever again.
Unfortunately we have the same suspects repeating the same stuff after every game.
Literally 2 posts later :lol:

captaincantona

I honestly don’t understand anymore, it’s like people have decided before a ball is kicked if he didn’t score he is useless, thought he was very neat and tidy, drew free kicks, did his part in the goal, and had one awful free kick :lol:

What can you expect when the team behind were so awful (especially in the first half)? It was a typical isolated striker performance.
Think we have lowered our standards for him to be honest. If Martial or Rashford or even Cavani puts in that performance we would be slating them -definitely - as adding nothing and not getting us further up the pitch. Look at Kane against City...should we not be looking for a complete leaders performances in big games ...and hell...look at Correa last night...he didn’t score but won the ball back so many times for his team and was a genuine threat.

Let’s not kids ourselves - he is capable of nothing but scoring the odd goal. He was just as shit as everyone else last night and doesn’t get a pass because he used to be fantastic.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Do you have anything to criticize about his performances?
Sure, his finishing was off lately, and he was bad at freekicks, and didn't press enough as usual etc.

But last game, I cannot find anything particular to blame him, he has made the correct decisions with the ball most of the time. He just didn't have any service at all.

But Rashford and Bruno were particular shocking with their bad touch, passing and decision making. Sancho was anonymous but its nothing too bad for him I think, its just whole team being shite and he couldn't do anything alone. Our midfield was particularly shockingly bad too, unable to build up anything, got dominated and outclass and couldn't get past midfield line most of the time.

Berbasbullet

Think we have lowered our standards for him to be honest. If Martial or Rashford or even Cavani puts in that performance we would be slating them -definitely - as adding nothing and not getting us further up the pitch. Look at Kane against City...should we not be looking for a complete leaders performances in big games ...and hell...look at Correa last night...he didn’t score but won the ball back so many times for his team and was a genuine threat.

Let’s not kids ourselves - he is capable of nothing but scoring the odd goal. He was just as shit as everyone else last night and doesn’t get a pass because he used to be fantastic.
I don’t agree with you, I don’t think he was amazing, but he wasn’t our problem last night and think it’s odd people are rushing in here to slag him off. But I respect your opinion and don’t have the energy to debate this on this awful morning to be alive.

KeanoMagicHat

He’s useless as a hold-up target man central striker in a game like that. There are several limited strikers that might not score a lot but would run all day and do the donkey work for the rest of the team. I can understand playing him in a game like that because he’s Mr Champions League, but not as central striker like that. Simeone doesn’t carry Suarez, we shouldn’t have to carry Ronaldo, pick the games and the roles for him to get whatever small juice is left in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.