5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Slightly OT but am sad that Ronaldo's second time with us will not result in a trophy... had so much hope at the beginning of the season. He'll be off I guess as we are not playing next season's CL :(

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thought he did well but didn’t get the chances he had on the weekend sadly.

bakalhau

It's a shame not a single ball could get to his feet for a shot. He tried it all otherwise, quick feet in 1st half and helped defensively... Not much to say. Atlético was always going to be an awful match up for us.

KeanoMagicHat

To be fair Ronaldo tried his best tonight but ultimately he was brought in for instant success to win a trophy and we are out of everything in March and have an outside chance of top 4, so the transfer hasn’t had the desired effect at all.

the_cliff

Again, not his biggest fan this season but can hardly be blamed for tonight. Didn't stop pressing and making runs, we just couldn't create even a half chance for him.

Shame.

Deery

Dreary
Tried hard, played well but we didn’t even create one chance for him, pitiful.

Sylar

It's a shame not a single ball could get to his feet for a shot. He tried it all otherwise, quick feet in 1st half and helped defensively... Not much to say. Atlético was always going to be an awful match up for us.
Thought it would happen with mctominay instead of matic

vlad93

Mctominay had a good game tonight. A millisecod slow to pass but dogged tonight. He will improve for next season the mcterminator. I think I saw Mata was brought on aswell ? Few tidy shimmies if we can fool the potent ATM.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was playing pretty well in the 1st half.

I'm guessing that's the last time we'll see him at Old Trafford for us in the CL.

Gottabekiddingme

I think Cristiano will retire if Portugal loses to Italy next week and Man United doesn't get top 4, meaning no CL and no world cup. He'll not stay in United if there's no CL football and can't see any big club taking him at 37. End of the road.

Classical Mechanic

He did well running the channels and coming deep, but yeah, he was never in the box and whenever he was we couldn’t get the ball to him. Weird performance.
I think it was a tactical choice from Ralf, he was in a lot of areas he usually isn’t but not where he needed to be. We have Bruno as a false 9 some of the time.

kundalini

Looked exhausted in the 2nd half. Drifted wide most of the time without really hurting them. Zero impact.

The United

Looked exhausted in the 2nd half. Drifted wide most of the time without really hurting them. Zero impact.
TBF to him, that's how he got some touch and dislodged their shape a bit. The Elanga's chance was due to that. We didn't create much at all thru the middle. He would just have been crowding the center out. Our wide attacking play was terrible.

United in sin

He used too much energy in the first half and predictably struggled in the second. I'm not sure what the deal was behind him drifting across the front line in the first half as a tactic but it did him and the team no favors. It's over for Ronaldo at united, possibly the end of an era.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He's still an elite goalscorer and a fantastic goal threat provided you can feed him proper chances

However his days as one of the very best in the world who can single handedly win games on a regular basis with an X-factor are long gone.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He used too much energy in the first half and predictably struggled in the second. I'm not sure what the deal was behind him drifting across the front line in the first half as a tactic but it did him and the team no favors. It's over for Ronaldo at united, possibly the end of an era.
I think it was good as he was getting involved in the build up and as he was roaming around defenders couldn't mark him but perhaps it was redundant to play him in that role while also having Bruno on the field and no one occupying the place of the CF.

I really thought Manchester United could knock up Atlético but the team was struggling to create anything and the players coming from the bench were subpar.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Did you see his reaction every time Rashford touched (lost) the ball today?

he’s more disgusted than we are

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I think Cristiano will retire if Portugal loses to Italy next week and Man United doesn't get top 4, meaning no CL and no world cup. He'll not stay in United if there's no CL football and can't see any big club taking him at 37. End of the road.
He’s already stated he’s playing until at least 42.

He will play out his contract at United and then go to Sporting.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I expect there to be a lot of noise about him leaving but fact is it's going to be hard for him to find a UCL side who's willing to pay him what he wants

Both him and Varane will be in for a shock when they're selected in a Europa/Conference game next season :lol::(

ClassOf'99

To be fair Ronaldo tried his best tonight but ultimately he was brought in for instant success to win a trophy and we are out of everything in March and have an outside chance of top 4, so the transfer hasn’t had the desired effect at all.
Again, not his biggest fan this season but can hardly be blamed for tonight. Didn't stop pressing and making runs, we just couldn't create even a half chance for him.

Shame.
Fair play lads, yourselves amongst a couple of others have been big critics of him but I feel at the end of the day we were all hoping we would be able to carry us like he has Portugal so many times, 3 or 4 years ago he just might of, but alas it just wasn't to be.

Very sad to see his decline, especially in our shirt.

ClassOf'99

He may be losing form, and sadly some of his ability but his desire to win has always been there, such a shame those with some ability and talent are wasting it through choice and he has to watch himself lose it through age.

Swap his and Rashfords ages and well, we wouldn't be ending our season in March :(

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No real blame for him tonight. Looked notably exhausted at the end after two big games in a row.

Deery

Dreary

Did you see Maguire head butting him in the teeth, I’d say he’ll be happy about that :lol:

Gottabekiddingme

He’s already stated he’s playing until at least 42.

He will play out his contract at United and then go to Sporting.
I think you and I are reading his intentions VERY differently. Not once did he say he wants to play for Sporting. He wants to play till 42 at the highest level because he stated he wants more Ballon D'ors than Messi. Once it'll sink to him that no big club will take him and winning a Ballon D'or is impossible - he'll retire.

Dan_F

He will have to accept rotation if he stays. His first half level was great, but a complete irrelevance in the second.

Irwin99

Decent first half but nothing in the second half. 37 years old playing two games in a short space of time is a tough ask.

Kept drifting wide which resulted in zero shots (i think).

Hope he can work absolute miracles and get us top 4 as a leaving present.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I think you and I are reading his intentions VERY differently. Not once did he say he wants to play for Sporting. He wants to play till 42 at the highest level because he stated he wants more Ballon D'ors than Messi. Once it'll sink to him that no big club will take him and winning a Ballon D'or is impossible - he'll retire.
His mothers ultimate wish is for him to return to Sporting and has stated she will ask him too. I am very convinced he will fulfill his mothers wish and I’m sure his wish and go full circle and retire at Sporting even if he is just their a year. He is 1000% percent not retiring at 37. Still extremely fit for his abre and if you can score 20+ goals in United and a difficult league he’s good for more then that in Portugal or MLS when he reaches 40.

bakalhau

Fair play lads, yourselves amongst a couple of others have been big critics of him but I feel at the end of the day we were all hoping we would be able to carry us like he has Portugal so many times, 3 or 4 years ago he just might of, but alas it just wasn't to be.

Very sad to see his decline, especially in our shirt.

Yeah, I wanna make a side note as well for both of the posters you quoted. Fair play to you guys Keanu and the_cliff.

Looks like we all kinda feel the same way today. He didn't have a great game, 1st half was fine, 2nd half he went missing as United's attacking game also went missing and he was shoved mostly to a peon waiting to receive crosses.

It is what it is. lt saddens me a bit to see his drive, will, sheer passion during the game to win, all for nothing but hey, that's life, his or our own, it's part of it.

I love United so bad and love Ronnie so much too, just wish I could see both win something again together. I'll take things game by game for now, hopefully we find a way for top 4 and well, we'll see after.

EtH

So predictably no trophies and very probably no top four either.

What a stupid transfer this was.

AshRK

He is one of the best finishers and we don't play to his strengths. We have 4 useless fullbacks who can't cross.

Thanks for the memories, will always be a special player.

copen1945

United should find out what his plans are. If he isn't staying, let him be in Portugal or wherever.

Status
Not open for further replies.