5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetrio2002

If Real Madrid wins the CL without him his legacy is going down a bit... It's like if Pippen (Benzema) won when Jordan was retired... I wonder what it'll do to his motivation to play CL football next season
That's why Real Madrid probably won't win. Also, revenge is on the cards.

Marwood

If Real Madrid wins the CL without him his legacy is going down a bit... It's like if Pippen (Benzema) won when Jordan was retired... I wonder what it'll do to his motivation to play CL football next season
His legacy is set. It's decided.

Anybody changing their minds because of what Madrid do now maybe needs to take a step back from over analysing.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
People keep talking about him and the other guy damaging their legacies. Their legacy has been in place for many years now. Whatever Madrid does now doesn't matter.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Stupid take, he left what 4 years ago? Madrid have massively rebuilt in his absence.

Gonçalo Motta

That doesn't make sense at all. Real Madrid is a big club and is a contender for the CL with or without Ronaldo. They winning it this year doesn't change the impact he had in their last 4 CL wins or the 9 years he played for them.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Some good points.

Even this season, Greenwood could have scored double digit easily and Cavani could have helped a bit more but we know what happened to them.

It is not like we are using the same forward force as the last season. It is Ronaldo only for half of the reason. They was not even doing that good last season. I remember people putting it on Bruno that he scored too many making the team scored less as a whole.

Now, it is Ronaldo.
For Greenwood case maybe not necessarily as easy as we assume he would. He scored 12 goals in 52 games last season. This season he has 6 goals in 24 games. The scoring rate is actually very similar (around 1 goal in every 4 games). I think he is potentially a very good goalscorer, but definitely not a consistent one.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Doesn’t make any sense at all. Real will always going to be top dogs in any eras. They are probably the biggest club in football history, and they are still one of top 3-4 football clubs in the world today. Most best talents in world today would still dream to go there (ie Mbappe).

It’s just like saying if Brazil win another WC (without Pele), his legacy is going down abit.

Last edited:

JB7

What a ridiculous post.

Although it does explain why I suddenly thought Beckham was a bit shit after we won it in 2008.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Stupid take, he left what 4 years ago? Madrid have massively rebuilt in his absence.
How did they massively rebuild when the team's main stars are still Benzema and Modric 4 years older? Kroos, Casemiro, Carvajal, Nacho all played in the 2018 final and were present against City just 2 days ago in the staring 11, that's 6 out of 11 players. This is a weakened side without legendary Ramos, prime Marcelo & Varane, yet they still made it to the final..

If anything, that shows that Real he was playing was one of the greatest teams ever assembled with or without him.. and Real's traditional magic in the CL helped his legacy more than anything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With your username, and posts like this, you have to be a spoof poster :lol:

mancan92

How did they massively rebuild when the team's main stars are still Benzema and Modric 4 years older? Kroos, Casemiro, Carvajal, Nacho all played in the 2018 final and were present against City just 2 days ago in the staring 11, that's 6 out of 11 players. This is a weakened side without legendary Ramos, prime Marcelo & Varane, yet they still made it to the final..

If anything, that shows that Real he was playing was one of the greatest teams ever assembled with or without him.. and Real's traditional magic in the CL helped his legacy more than anything.
And anyone who has watched any of this seasons champions league could easily tell you they have performed no where near the level when Ronaldo was there.

Considering the actual performances you can easily just describe this group as the luckiest in CL history.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

To be fair they have change their squad alot over the past 4 years, with some of best young talents, and this year they are starting to reap the benefits. They have also made some good recruitments over the past few years too, who went on became their key player this season. Apparently this is a very different team to the one who had won them 4 CL, with many new changes, so lets give them some credits to their rebuild.

Vinicius Junior
- bought for 46m as 17 year old (2nd most expensive player from Brazil, only behind Neymar)
- 18 goals 15 assist this season, their 2nd best player, I am really impressed with him this season

Camavinga
- very talented young midfielder bought from Rennes last summer, our top summer midfield target, we really miss him big time
- only 18 years old, already played 32 games this season

Valverde
- another young talent midfielder who has come to age this season
- Uruguay international, only 23 years old, but already got 39 caps
- already played 37 games this season, their new midfield engine

Curtosis
- Chelsea no.1 keeper, won golden glove, cost 31.5m
- their first team keeper

Alaba
- Bayern key player for years, had won everything at club level, including 2 CL
- 1st choice CB this season

Milito
- Brazil international, cost 50m
- 1st choice CB this season

Mendy
- bought for 53m as left back, French international
- their first choice LB this season

Rodrygo
- another talented young attacker who has shine this season in CL, cost them 40m
- played 44 games this season, 5 goals 2 assist in CL

Sure no way they are near to the level when they won 4 CL in 5 years with Ronaldo, Ramos, Varane and peak Marcelo. But you need to also appreciate the fact that they have managed to add 8 new additions to their first team during all this time, who has been performing well and become their key players this season (won La Liga, and performing well against the likes of PSG, Chelsea and City this season). Not to mention they have peak Benzema this season who is in Ballon D'or winning form, its like having 9 new additions to their first team, its has been a big rebuild for them with success.

Benzema this season:
20-21: 41 goals 13 assists

Benzema in his previous CL winning years:
13-14: 22 goals 14 assists
15-16: 28 goals 7 assists
16-17: 16 goals 5 assists
17-18: 10 goals 11 assists

Curtosis
Carvajal/Vazquez-------------- Milito--------Alaba--------------- Mendy
Modric/Valverde ---Casmeiro ---Kroos/Camavinga
Rodrygo
/Asensio -----------Benzema---------------- Viniculus

In another 1-2 years time when Modric, Kroos retiring, and with addition of Mbappe perhaps, this will look like a totally different team.

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, I don't think so. Benzema is having a great season, compared to some of the best of Ronaldo with us but Ronaldo already made history here and was an instrumental player into setting Real Madrid into the right path. Before him we were being embarassed in the UCL year in and year out. Also the team is noticeable weaker, in part for him not being here anymore, to the point many consider a miracle we've reached the final knocking out the strongest teams in the tournament.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
And anyone who has watched any of this seasons champions league could easily tell you they have performed no where near the level when Ronaldo was there.

Considering the actual performances you can easily just describe this group as the luckiest in CL history.
And Ronaldo never could have a sniff at even a QF after Real in the CL in 4 years with losses against Lyon, Ajax, 10-man Porto and Atletico.. Oh, Ajax game was the only QF..

I wonder where he would be in terms of CL legacy if he had stayed at United instead of moving to Real..

mancan92

And Ronaldo never could have a sniff at even a QF after Real in the CL in 4 years with losses against Lyon, Ajax, 10-man Porto and Atletico.. Oh, Ajax game was the only QF..

I wonder where he would be in terms of CL legacy if he had stayed at United instead of moving to Real..
Probably would have won a couple more with united as the calapsed slowly once he left. Anyway its pretty obvious you don't like him. But to even compare this Madrid team to the one he spearheaded is a joke.

No Love

We know this team doesn’t have much quality; however, the very least they can do is Ronalod.

studs

The title change has made the same thing happen every time Ronaldo's name been written in the thread.

CraftySoAndSo

Isn't that picture photoshop because i thought it was in response to someone in the match thread who typed the name wrong.

Brighton 4:0 Man Utd

jm99

Yeah not like he ever won a champions League at United or anything

Master Yoda

I was positive he would stay after recent results, today however Im not sure anymore. Lets pray Ronaldo doesnt have a change of heart and stays next season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Laughing as if it's nothing to do with him is not a good look.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

No offence, but I cant be arsed to debate about Ronaldo with someone who's clearly obsessed with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.