4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagooDad

He should take a leaf of of Zlatan's boom on how to handle the end of your career.
They said his career was ending already when he was at PSG. Zlatan might be the next Kazuyoshi Miura and this is only the middle of his career :)

The problem is that Ronaldo still thinks he's a world beater, and the team should adapt to him, and he's vocal and serious about it. Zlatan is mostly cheeky about saying stuff in media, but according to his team mates knows what role he plays for the team.

Devred

Such a sad way to end a brilliant career. Time to move on and detoxify the changing room.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He probably wants out of the club after the world cup. I don't agree with everything he said but he's right in the sense he has been made a scapegoat and blamed for a lot of issues within Manchester United that have been present way before he arrived. He should be already used to it by now so if he's coming out with this is because he's trying to force an exit.

Manchester United have been terrible for a decade or so and his mistake was thinking he could change the culture and carry them to the top again. At his age it wouldn't be the worst if he stayed in United but as the team is in transition he won't have the most glamorous role there so I think he's aiming to move out to a team were he can have a more prominent role.

Greck

He probably wants out of the club after the world cup. I don't agree with everything he said but he's right in the sense he has been made a scapegoat and blamed for a lot of issues within Manchester United that have been present way before he arrived. He should be already used to it by now so if he's coming out with this is because he's trying to force an exit.

Manchester United have been terrible for a decade or so and his mistake was thinking he could change the culture and carry them to the top again. At his age it wouldn't be the worst if he stayed in United but as the team is in transition he won't have the most glamorous role there so I think he's aiming to move out to a team were he can have a more prominent role.
The issues after he arrived and the issues after he came are not the same at all. Our standard for underperformance was three 2nd place finishes between the last 2 failed managers. The dropoff after Ronaldo joined was especially distinct. I don't know if you watch all our games but if you do you'd know why we lost attacking potency after he joined and you'd know why 4 managers (Ole, RR, Erik and Carrick) have benched him. Every time a manager joins there are winners and losers but one thing that tied all these managers was trying to shift away from Ronaldo-centric ball.

Last week Erik straight up called it stupid. In case you don't see our style of play becomes incredibly rudimentary, primitive and predictable because every attack is aimed towards Ronaldo with absolutely close to zero build up or timing or variety. Go watch our europa league game highlight against Sheriff to see this at its worst.

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The issues after he arrived and the issues after he came are not the same at all. Our standard for underperformance was three 2nd place finishes between the last 2 failed managers.
Yup, this is what I'm talking about.

I don't know if you watch all our games but if you do you'd know why we lost attacking potency after he joined and you'd know why 4 managers (Ole, RR, Erik and Carrick) have benched him.
From my perspective there's no such difference, Manchester United has been non existent outside of England for the last decade or so being embarrassed by the likes of Villarreal in the Europa League and struggling to make it out of groups stages the times you managed to play a few UCL games here and there. Probably the best you've done in terms of points and stuff won has been with Mourinho but like I said he's been there for one season and a half when the team has been underperforming and being a joke for quite longer than that.

tomaldinho1

Honestly these kind of posts really highlight who watches us regularly versus those who don’t. Ronaldo isn’t being blamed by fans on here for anything other than direct contribution, or rather lack of contribution to the team.

We are worse team with him starting than with him on the bench. That has nothing to do with the poor decisions the club has made over the years which are well documented and much hyped by the media, Ronaldo knew what he was signing when he joined.

LordSpud

Pictures of him posing with the some of the Portugese squad on his Instagram. Such a smug bastard, I cannot stand him.

AdNani

Thankfully his performances will be somewhere else now. He'll stink up the world cup and not be our problem after that

BorisManUtd

They said his career was ending already when he was at PSG. Zlatan might be the next Kazuyoshi Miura and this is only the middle of his career :)

The problem is that Ronaldo still thinks he's a world beater, and the team should adapt to him, and he's vocal and serious about it. Zlatan is mostly cheeky about saying stuff in media, but according to his team mates knows what role he plays for the team.
Exactly. Obviously don't know him personally but Zlatan seems to be a great character, he likes to create an aura around him about being "The Lion" etc, but in reality is not deluded and adapted his role to be useful for the team. Ronaldo's ego is something different. You'd think he's 20 years old at best with his behaviour.

Greck

So do we pay him to leave like he wants or refuse to pay him and risk having him stay? "Model professional and good influence" teaching the youngsters how to fleece the club.

Chief123

3 goals and 2 assists in thousand minutes of football this season. 4 of those 5 goal contributions coming in Europa League. Ronaldo has been poor and it would've been better for everyone if he left this summer, unfortunately that didn't happen so it's a sad ending to his United career.
Meanwhile Martial has performed better and he’s just about made 90 minutes on the pitch in total!

Greck

Yup, this is what I'm talking about.

From my perspective there's no such difference, Manchester United has been non existent outside of England for the last decade or so being embarrassed by the likes of Villarreal in the Europa League and struggling to make it out of groups stages the times you managed to play a few UCL games here and there. Probably the best you've done in terms of points and stuff won has been with Mourinho but like I said he's been there for one season and a half when the team has been underperforming and being a joke for quite longer than that.
but Ten Hag wasn't here all those years either so why has he also gotten thrown under the bus?. Also if you don't watch us how can you even begin to know the genesis of his friction with the manager? If it's about mismanagement that started before he got here why is he at odds with the man who is raising standards at the club?

PoTMS

Comfortably our worst player of the season. There's zero loss losing him in January. He's made Maguire, McTominay and Fred look good in comparison.

julianfr

Dunno if anyone saw his reaction when Bruno ''shook'' his hand in the dressing room. Is that recent?

He looks like he was slapped with a cold trout.

(Sorry, not allowed to post media links yet)

florisW

Supports
Ajax
Dunno if anyone saw his reaction when Bruno ''shook'' his hand in the dressing room. Is that recent?

He looks like he was slapped with a cold trout.

(Sorry, not allowed to post media links yet)
It looked like he was thinking, what did i do? he should be on the floor cowtowing

Reactions: Niall

Irwin99

He has had at least 2.

Chin implant and nose.
Really? His teeth have obviously been done but wouldn't have guessed the rest.

What a sad/pathetic way to go. He could have accepted a smaller role and helped United win a few trophies this season/get top 4 and left on a high note.

Status
Not open for further replies.