Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
:lol: Why would it be a rough night? I’m a United fan. Being a fan of the player isn’t mutually exclusive to that.
Good man. Still, that video and especially music on top of it was cringe as feck.

I have zero problems with Ronaldo if he accepts his reduced role btw. Throwing a tantrum or whatever that's being implied through the media won't work (know you think that's overblown and maybe it is to some extent) because the rest of the team clearly follows ten Hag and he isn't afraid to make big calls and sit Ronaldo (and Maguire) on the bench. If anything, it will earn ten Hag bigger respect as everyone is aware now they have to earn their place on the pitch.

Do feel that him moving is the best for all parties. But, considering ETH doesn't have any problem benching him and even indirectly call him out in his interviews I do not see such a disruptive issue that's being implied. Ronaldo's cards aren't strong at all in this situation.

MrEleson

Good man. Still, that video and especially music on top of it was cringe as feck.

I have zero problems with Ronaldo if he accepts his reduced role btw. Throwing a tantrum or whatever that's being implied through the media won't work (know you think that's overblown and maybe it is to some extent) because the rest of the team clearly follows ten Hag and he isn't afraid to make big calls and sit Ronaldo (and Maguire) on the bench. If anything, it will earn ten Hag bigger respect as everyone is aware now they have to earn their place on the pitch.

Do feel that him moving is the best for all parties. But, considering ETH doesn't have any problem benching him and even indirectly call him out in his interviews I do not see such a disruptive issue that's being implied. Ronaldo's cards aren't strong at all in this situation.
Yeah I agree with everything you’ve said. I honestly do think it’s best for both parties if he were to move on. Especially with this new era with a new coach. Even if he stays and accepts a reduced role, the media will cook something negative out of it or focus on that too much since it’s Ronaldo - especially if the team have phases where they struggle. It’ll be easier for everyone if the spotlight that Ronaldo brings wasn’t there anymore (something he can’t control).

Sylar

Do think its better for both if he moves on. I think we will be better off for the season if we can get a young forward in and try to get them embedded quicker than anything.
And for Ronaldo, I dont mind he wants a CL run (team) before he retires. (Though it looks like nobody wants him, and if he really wants that, he should lower his wage demand for that year or two)

Greck

Sad how it’s ended for the only player who actually gave a shit last season … new coach comes in, doesn’t adjust tactics to take the best out of a top goal scorer (like how teams do with Lewa, Vini, Kane) and now he is yesterday’s news, a burden on the team, disliked by fans, an object of derision … football, like life, is cruel.
Here I am munching crumpets and tea, then I see this and almost have a full choke. I'm not done restoring my breathing, then this comes up
He tried to leave because EtH did not call him to explain how he'd fit in … this was extremely important after how RR kept sniping at Ronaldo without actually taking his name.
Wrong on all counts. RR was in full CR bootlicker mode before he realise he wasn't worth it very late and said f it. CR got priority until the last few games of the season and RR said he fully regretted it. That was a manager saying what we already knew, that the juice was no longer worth the squeeze. S

So WHY would ETH have to call him to tell him how he would fit in his plans. This just borders on insubordination. If he even expected it at this stage he needs to get out.

Phil Osophy

Actually I think that ETH telling him exactly what's the plan around June/July is what made Ronaldo push for a move. Maybe he decided to leave before already and just waited to hear from the new manager and maybe change his views, but I guess he wasn't convinced by what he was told.

It's obvious that Ronaldo is a goal chaser, and since he became a star he's always played a free role and the collective demands never applied to him. He's had an untouchable status and barely did any defending, also playing off a clear reference up front who dealt physically with defenders, clared space and allowed Ronaldo to focus on exploiting those spaces and taking all the risks.

I think under ETH not even one of these conditions would have been offered to him. Ten Hag demands everyone to press "all day", and yesterday he said in the press conference that measuring efforts is not a valid option in the modern game. Ronaldo would play as a number 9 which he doesn't seem to enjoy, without the divine right to take all the risks himself nor deciding when he plays or rests. Basically all the privileges gone and becoming another "ant" inside the system.

I never fully believed that ten Hag wanted to keep Ronaldo, but now I guess he really wanted but in his own mould and vision, and this was probably the last drop for Ronaldo. Staying here to play the EL, overlooked as captain and playing as a number 9 surrounded by dross was bad enough, but when you add the lack of guarantees in playing time, having to press like the plebs and the game not being all about him then it's totally unacceptable from his point of view.

The thing is, this is not exclusve from ten Hag because he's a really weird guy or something. Any decent manager with modern ideas employs similar formulas and avoids the same flaws, and this is why Tuchel, Nagelsmann and even the Sporting manager (according to the Athletic) have shown reservations if not a frontal rejection.

We've been told all summer how Ronaldo wants to "score goals in the CL" which surely is the case, but I doubt his only reason to leave a giant club in the best league in the world is to score a pair of goals in the CL group stage. I think it's clear since months ago that his power here is null, as it probably happened at Juve when Allegri returned under this particular condition.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Actually I think that ETH telling him exactly what's the plan around June/July is what made Ronaldo push for a move. Maybe he decided to leave before already and just waited to hear from the new manager and maybe change his views, but I guess he wasn't convinced by what he was told.

It's obvious that Ronaldo is a goal chaser, and since he became a star he's always played a free role and the collective demands never applied to him. He's had an untouchable status and barely did any defending, also playing off a clear reference up front who dealt physically with defenders, clared space and allowed Ronaldo to focus on exploiting those spaces and taking all the risks.

I think under ETH not even one of these conditions would have been offered to him. Ten Hag demands everyone to press "all day", and yesterday he said in the press conference that measuring efforts is not a valid option in the modern game. Ronaldo would play as a number 9 which he doesn't seem to enjoy, without the divine right to take all the risks himself nor deciding when he plays or rests. Basically all the privileges gone and becoming another "ant" inside the system.

I never fully believed that ten Hag wanted to keep Ronaldo, but now I guess he really wanted but in his own mould and vision, and this was probably the last drop for Ronaldo. Staying here to play the EL, overlooked as captain and playing as a number 9 surrounded by dross was bad enough, but when you add the lack of guarantees in playing time, having to press like the plebs and the game not being all about him then it's totally unacceptable from his point of view.

The thing is, this is not exclusve from ten Hag because he's a really weird guy or something. Any decent manager with modern ideas employs similar formulas and avoids the same flaws, and this is why Tuchel, Nagelsmann and even the Sporting manager (according to the Athletic) have shown reservations if not a frontal rejection.

We've been told all summer how Ronaldo wants to "score goals in the CL" which surely is the case, but I doubt his only reason to leave a giant club in the best league in the world is to score a pair of goals in the CL group stage. I think it's clear since months ago that his power here is null, as it probably happened at Juve when Allegri returned under this particular condition.
Agree with this.

Cristiano is arrogant diva who still sees himself as force of nature he once was. Sitting on the bench, being impact sub isn't something he's ready to accept, and ETH, just like Allegri, has other ideas which don't apply to Cristiano work rate.

It would be best for everyone involved if he left the club, but there aren't suitors which Cristiano thinks as his level.

Sad end to otherwise great career.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Look at the intensity of that game. You can't be carrying the workload of a 37 year CF week in week out in the PL unless there are some exceptional circumstances involved. For us, in the teams current phase we need a specific style of play to develop and he's simply a hindrance to it
Have to agree after seeing that, if it was CR7 of 28-30 years old then you could possibly make the sacrifice, but at this age he isnt even putting in a goal a game so you just cannot justify sharing his workload across the other players.

Phil Osophy

Agree with this.

Cristiano is arrogant diva who still sees himself as force of nature he once was. Sitting on the bench, being impact sub isn't something he's ready to accept, and ETH, just like Allegri, has other ideas which don't apply to Cristiano work rate.

It would be best for everyone involved if he left the club, but there aren't suitors which Cristiano thinks as his level.

Sad end to otherwise great career.
If he had a different character, exactly as you say, there would be even some poetry in Ronaldo staying here as an influential figure, playing when he's told, winning us games from the bench and helping everyone in a positive mood. I doubt there would be any noise or division.

The man has a more ambitious/individualistic view and that's legit, but he just crashed against reality this summer. No CL contender is going to offer him a star role at the expense of sacrificing the team balance and having to readjust everything, demoting players to lesser roles etc. so he can score goals.

I laughed hard when he said that he was like a 28 years old and he would play until 40 at top level, but now I think he was genuine when he said that. The guy is completely deluded.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
If he had a different character, exactly as you say, there would be even some poetry in Ronaldo staying here as an influential figure, playing when he's told, winning us games from the bench and helping everyone in a positive mood. I doubt there would be any noise or division.

The man has a more ambitious/individualistic view and that's legit, but he just crashed against reality this summer. No CL contender is going to offer him a star role at the expense of sacrificing the team balance and having to readjust everything, demoting players to lesser roles etc. so he can score goals.

I laughed hard when he said that he was like a 28 years old and he would play until 40 at top level, but now I think he was genuine when he said that. The guy is completely deluded.
Yeah, his status would be even more legendary if he eate humble pie and accepted lesser role, almost mentor like to younger guns.

But delusion is strong with this one which brings us back to him being completly out of touch with reality.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
What an excuse. Maybe he could have learned how he would fit in by attending preseason?
Do we know anything about is family-related issues? There were rumors that his mother was in serious ill health.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: Nice mental gymnastics.
Really hope he leaves. He doesn't have a place as a starter for the football we want this team to play. He can poach elsewhere.
Its just one game against a team that is slightly out of form, is missing 2 starters and is playing away to a historic rival. You guys are jumping as if you have gone on a run of 5-consecutive wins. I also hope Ronaldo leaves ... would be fun to hear the excuses then. Here is what Juve fans are saying about Ronaldo, a year after being happy that he left them:
Juventuz forum on Vlahovic said:
imagine complaining that ronaldo does nothing and too reliant on service.....only to replace him with a 70m signing that does nothing and is reliant on service llmao.
at least ronaldo is a winner. this guy is the modern balkan loser. doesn't have that balkan winner mentality modric, ibra, or mandzukic have
Juventuz forum on his transfer said:
We're living interesting times. The very pinnacle of the sports phenomenon and his destiny and choice of a club will be revelead in no time. Can't believe he gave us 3 good years.
Juventuz forum on the squad said:
are we gonna blame this mercato failure on ronaldo again? ronaldo was apparently why allegri played and planned poorly cuz he left last day.
now the club has had an entire YEAR to plan a squad for the coach. the same coach they said will have greater say in market. and this is best the club could come up with. shame on you all.

Olecurls99

Great summing up of what happened

Ladron de redcafe

Excellent post and as Black Adder pointed out, his leverage is gone because he keeps getting rejected by all the teams he's throwing himself at and his level is now at the point where he needs to accept that a lot of top managers see him as a player who is best from the bench in some big matches.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He really should accept a lower wage so he can move to a team which will center their entire game around him and also let him play in the CL. Given how rich he is, at the age of 37 its the sensible thing to do.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

With all due respect leaving him and Maguire out of the starting 11 was a major factor how our style became much more energetic and free flowing.
I just hope EtH will stick to what was probably his plan from the beginning even if negative results will follow.

Ronaldo can surely be an asset for certain clubs, but like some of you said he needs to drastically reduce his wages.

Halftrack

He tried to leave because EtH did not call him to explain how he'd fit in … this was extremely important after how RR kept sniping at Ronaldo without actually taking his name.
If that was the case, it would only serve to illustrate exactly why he needs to go.

SalfordTED

With all due respect leaving him and Maguire out of the starting 11 was a major factor how our style became much more energetic and free flowing.
I just hope EtH will stick to what was probably his plan from the beginning even if negative results will follow.

Ronaldo can surely be an asset for certain clubs, but like some of you said he needs to drastically reduce his wages.
Rashford did no pressing or off the ball work against Liverpool, the fans around me we screaming at him to work in the first half.

When Ronaldo came on late in the game, he brought a lot of energy and a greater goal threat, he even chased back into his own half and tackled.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We should let him rot until the end of the contract. Tired of his hissy fits and lack of professionalism.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He still has a role to play it whether he wants to play that role. He's not being sold so he has no choice really.

OpenIntrovert

ETH has already clarified that he had a good chat with Ronaldo in their first face to face talk and their general understanding was that Ronaldo was enthusiastic to play based on his plans. Which is why he said that Ronaldo leaving was something he only read in the papers. Ronaldo is someone who loves challenges such as the pressing portion, where he likes to prove that he can do it as per the coach demands. Its his way of shutting up the critics. So in terms of style of play or expectations, there were no issues.

It is also nothing to do with power, which is just another facade by the media riding on his already over exaggerated negative image. Ronaldo is a strong personality who is very particular about winning and expects his team to have the same standards. He is a leader in the dressing room, similar to Zlatan when he came here (Mourinho felt that Manchester United lacked leaders and Zlatan's personality is one of the reasons for coming here). However, he never undermines the manager nor cause disruption by playing politics. Its true that the team suffered from having to adapt to Ronaldo's playing style, but it is nothing to do with his off-field persona.

The most probable reason why he wanted to leave is due to personal reasons (should be his wife's depression). He has already moved his family out of England, but it looks tough for Mendes to move Ronaldo out as his age and wages are a concern. Sporting Lisbon was supposed to be Ronaldo's last club before he retired, but he does not want to go there yet. Based on the numerous clubs reported to have been linked with him, the only club that Mendes really approached was Bayern Munich since they used a similar CF in Lewandowski. Since that did not happen, Ronaldo is probably going to wait out his contract and then leave for another club.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The man, the mystery.
I find it incredible how you can be so weak when you have so many muscles or so bad with the ball when you have, objectively, great technique.

Idxomer

He just doesn't have it anymore. Still, he was trying harder than Rashford.

RuudtheRed

10 years ago he'd have outrun the Soton defender easily at the end. He has lost quite a bit of pace and probably hasn't figured out how to adapt yet

Gurtej

The man needs to go, trouble is who can we replace him with one week left!!

Martial has injury concerns so if Ronaldo goes, who replaces him!! If we can get someone on loan as well, just let him go..

Chip

One of the worst cameos I can remember. Hand of Shiteas? Everything he touched today turned into shit.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Legs officially gone this season.
Two occasions where he was through and normally score. His legs let him down badly today. Noticed he could of put Rashford clean through down the middle but he sent him right so he could run down the middle

FatTails

Not too concerned with him not being to outrun the defender, I don’t expect him to. That easy pass he messed up on the counter to Bruno did annoy the hell out of me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.