4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Wasn't this guy literally our best player last season?

Surely he hasn't undergone some drastic decline over the summer, clearly he can still be of some use.

He might be unfit or unmotivated, that was probably his last game anyway, but it's puzzling to see posts here suggesting he's a shit player.
For a top club, he is objectively not a great player anymore.

He doesn't offer much.

Has plenty of fanboys and SIUUS after he scores though. That's enough for some.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Wasn't he trying to play Rashford in and then it got deflected. It was just a shit pass don't think he planned to pass it wide

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wasn't he trying to play Rashford in and then it got deflected. It was just a shit pass don't think he planned to pass it wide
Thought the same as first but his movement right after he releases the ball suggests otherwise. It certainly wasn't deflected.
He meant to pass it wide but he overhit the pass.
I don't even think it's a big deal thatbhe was selfish play. You don't score 800 goals by being selfless. It is just harder to stomach as he's not the same player.

Skills

Snitch
He's never been a CF and he hasn't been a winger for a long, long time.

At his best, he preys on the channel between a CB and his full back. He comes in to the box on the blind side of his full back, and that's how he's always got his goals. Playing him as CF is pointless, so if he's 'in our plans' as ETH says then those plans need to have him playing his best role.

Olecurls99

Look at this pass. The guy is a disgrace.

Add it on to the pile.

Wouldn't come to preseason
Agitating for a move
Bringing down the mood since he came back
Balloon Muscles that don't work

He was never great at putting his teammates through but at least he used to be phenomenal. Now it's just pathetic

IhabX7

Wasn't this guy literally our best player last season?

Surely he hasn't undergone some drastic decline over the summer, clearly he can still be of some use.

He might be unfit or unmotivated, that was probably his last game anyway, but it's puzzling to see posts here suggesting he's a shit player.
There's a weird cult going on. It includes bitter people trying to understand how we can be a top team again, trying to find someone to blame, and people who have hated Ronaldo since he first left to Real, and a few Messi twitter fans who joined to shit on him.
These people will have us go into the season with only Martial upfront just to appease their thirst of Ronaldo hate.

IhabX7

That seems the case to me. He was offered shit runs by Bruno and Rashford for the one later on, the easy pass wasn't on. That said he had a poor game and had no influence at all, but the same should be said about Rashford who was invisible for the entire game.
The matter of fact is, this team can give up trying to be in possesion of the ball for prolonged periods, the attackers can't do much about it when we can't string two passes together in midfield.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Or he doesn’t want to play the straight ball as Rashford is offside? Or maybe he miss hit the pass? So tired of these Q-anon like conspiracy theories.
:lol:

He was onside and there's no way he miss kicked it, he clearly sends him outside. And if Rashford was offside why pass the ball to him?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That seems the case to me. He was offered shit runs by Bruno and Rashford for the one later on, the easy pass wasn't on. That said he had a poor game and had no influence at all, but the same should be said about Rashford who was invisible for the entire game.
The matter of fact is, this team can give up trying to be in possesion of the ball for prolonged periods, the attackers can't do much about it when we can't string two passes together in midfield.
I get that he's been shit but some on here thinking he purposefully gave rashford a bad ball. Pretty insane

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If he gets his shit back in order I reckon he could strike a nice partnership with Antony.

surf

Am waiting for the transfer window to close so he can focus on playing football and getting back to full match fitness. He was our leading scorer last season and we're still going to be reliant on his goals.

Shark

@NotShark
For a top club, he is objectively not a great player anymore.

He doesn't offer much.

Has plenty of fanboys and SIUUS after he scores though. That's enough for some.
Yeah only 24 goals in all competitions. Let's not get silly here when he's fully fit he will still bang in more goals than Martial, Rashford and Sancho combined.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah only 24 goals in all competitions. Let's not get silly here when he's fully fit he will still bang in more goals than Martial, Rashford and Sancho combined.
He scores 24 goals to the detriment of the team.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Thought the same as first but his movement right after he releases the ball suggests otherwise. It certainly wasn't deflected.
He meant to pass it wide but he overhit the pass.
I don't even think it's a big deal thatbhe was selfish play. You don't score 800 goals by being selfless. It is just harder to stomach as he's not the same player.
If you're up 4-0 in the 90th minute and every attacker but you has scored or you're chasing a hattrick then I could at least somewhat understand a pass like that. However if you make that pass when you're only up by 1 instead of setting up your team mate with a 1on1 to kill the game off then it is a big deal no matter how you look at it.

TOKUGAWA-X

It baffles me that there are still fans that want Ronaldo to stay at United.

We cant move on as a club as long as he is still here.

Irwin99

If he stays at the club and, if he catches up on his lack of preseason fitness (his issue/fault I know), he's still by far our best goalscorer. Unless we play a very aggressive high press, which won't happen every match and against every team, I expect him to be a starter in most games.

I'm willing to see how it goes. We'll get a new striker next season anyway so it's not as if this is a long term thing.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He's done. Couldn't outrun your grandmother. Many of you need to recognize and accept this. It's not because he missed pre-season and is short on fitness, it's because he's 38 years old.

Shark

@NotShark

Fans want him to logically stay because our other strikers are either shite or too injury prone(Martial) to score what Ronaldo did last season between them. Not because they're desperate for him to stay.

jem

I would make the same argument for Maguire, Shaw and Rashford. Sorry for the whataboutism, but it pisses me off seeing these entitled never-have-beens complaining about Ronaldo bringing down the mood when they injected lobotomy-levels of passion into their performances last season.

jem

Fans want him to logically stay because our other strikers are either shite or too injury prone(Martial) to score what Ronaldo did last season between them. Not because they're desperate for him to stay.
this is my stance. I’d be more than happy to move him on if we had a capable and/or durable replacement ready. Anyone happy with the idea of Rashford ever playing upfront needs their heads checking.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
this is my stance. I’d be more than happy to move him on if we had a capable and/or durable replacement ready. Anyone happy with the idea of Rashford ever playing upfront needs their heads checking.
The fact that it's even a concern/doubt that a 24 year old Rashford cannot replace a 37 year old Ronaldo should be an embarrassment for Rashford and shows the state of our talent upfront. If he goes, we need to replace.

jem

The fact that it's even a concern/doubt that a 24 year old Rashford cannot replace a 37 year old Ronaldo should be an embarrassment for Rashford and shows the state of our talent upfront. If he goes, we need to replace.
exactly. Ronaldo might be past it but I’d still start him any day over Rashford up front.

FattyFooty

You just have to look at how the team plays without him against the scousers. They are more willing to work for each other when Ronnie isn't playing. We had the most points in any team in the league the previous non-Ronaldo season after coming from behind. Thats about wanting to fight for one another and not wanting to lose -- and that's despite a poor albeit injured Rashford.
So you are saying they are more willing to work when Ronaldo is not playing.

What does that say about the players? If you are a United player, you should do your best. No matter who the manager picks.

themanguydude

exactly. Ronaldo might be past it but I’d still start him any day over Rashford up front.
I mean, you would.. but clearly Ten Hag has different ideas

Like it or not, under Ten Hag the hierarchy for the centre forward position is pretty clear

Martial > Rashford > Ronaldo

I don't think anyone is "happy" with Rashford playing upfront per se, but we literally have no other choice if Martial is injured

Who else would play there? Ronaldo? Give me a break

Last edited:

jem

I mean, you would.. but clearly Ten Hag has different ideas

Like it or not, under Ten Hag the hierarchy for the centre forward position is pretty clear

Martial > Rashford > Ronaldo

I don't think anyone is "happy" with Rashford playing upfront per se, but we literally have no other choice if Martial is injured

Who else would play there? Ronaldo? Give me a break
Well after that last performance I'm not so sure - and I think the uncertainty around Ronaldo is a large reason why Ten Hag has been hesitant to use him. And yes I most definitely would play Ronaldo over Rashford if Martial were injured. What has Rashford ever shown, even in his prime years, to demonstrate that he can perform in that position?

Ladron de redcafe

So you are saying they are more willing to work when Ronaldo is not playing.

What does that say about the players? If you are a United player, you should do your best. No matter who the manager picks.
Ronaldo was dead last in the top leagues in pressing last season. Was that his best? If yes, what does it say about his capabilities? If, no, what does it say about his professionalism?

Idxomer

Decent cameo but any striker with some legs in the 2nd half and we're getting at least another goal.

Lecland07

The cross was a shot.

Good pass to Leicester to start a counter attack.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Thought he looked better all-around. Finishing touch wasn't there but once he scores one, the floodgates will open.

arnie_ni

We are far better with him up top. Think he could start Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.