4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He doesn't press as much as we'd like but he does so more than Ronaldo, and does go into tackles more than Ronaldo (again not as much as we'd like but it's not that hard to surpass Ronaldo who is behind the pack in these aspects), that is defending from the front - it prevents opponents building from the back to mount sustained attacks and his speed keeps them honest and prevents them pouring people forward. Does that help? :)

As an attacker, he also makes runs which creates space for his teammates, can go past a player, and is a very viable counter attack outlet. I say this while recognising that Rashford is a poor option as a CF.

Ronaldo came on when the game had opened up and the opponents desperate for an equaliser and did slightly better than he did in the previous games by finding some spaces and actually managing to complete some simple passes this time while missing two chances to score or create a scoring situation. Other than that, Leicester has zero pressure from him building out from the back. Rashford is not the answer, but it's utterly idiotic and ignorant not to acknowledge that even strikers play a part in a team's defensive effectiveness.

About Ronaldo lifting any team he joins ... :lol: :lol: :lol: are you being serious? Last time that happened was when he joined Real Madrid, the effect on whole teams since then has actually been the opposite.

Ronaldo will get goals, but the defensive solidarity of the team will suffer
These are just sound bytes.

1) show when a press from rashford directly or indirectly led to a ball turnover. You can't find it because he hardly presses

2) rashford making runs? :lol: he has zero creativity with of the ball movement. His only runs are off the defenders shoulder trying to get in behind for goal.

3) if you think Ronaldo didn't make Juventus better see how many points they finished on after he left and what their season was like. Certainly not the opposite effect.

It doesn't matter if Leicester were chasing a goal . Rashford would still make no effort. He's garbage and the fact 37 year old Ronaldo is in talks of starting over him shows how garbage of a player he is. He is 24. 24 and a 37 year old might displace him

MrEleson

We’re going off the BBC and Laurie Whitwell. Not the daily fecking star. But believe whatever you want.
BBC write a lot of tabloid pieces too. Just because they’re the BBC doesn’t mean they’re correct.

Ladron de redcafe

The transfer window was closed. He Now needs to refocus on playing and get himself physically and mentally right. He probably has already started doing it. Then, it’s if he buys into ETH’s idea and demands. We don’t know. He has been poor from the bench. He needs to raise his game as impact sub; otherwise, he won’t even be used in that role. After he shows the real impact from the bench, he might be considered to start a game. I think this is the way ETH uses to integrate him into the team.

Pretty much. That last performance was abysmal, and if that's him making an effort, I would hate to see him if he weren't invested.

Ten Hag won't put up with his nonsense.

Mickson

We've just won 3 straight games with him benched, conceding only one goal yet and seemingly turned a corner, yet people are calling for him to start games for some reason.
Add that he has been one of the worst performers this season in pretty much every game he has played.

Glorio

These are just sound bytes.

1) show when a press from rashford directly or indirectly led to a ball turnover. You can't find it because he hardly presses

2) rashford making runs? :lol: he has zero creativity with of the ball movement. His only runs are off the defenders shoulder trying to get in behind for goal.

3) if you think Ronaldo didn't make Juventus better see how many points they finished on after he left and what their season was like. Certainly not the opposite effect.

It doesn't matter if Leicester were chasing a goal . Rashford would still make no effort. He's garbage and the fact 37 year old Ronaldo is in talks of starting over him shows how garbage of a player he is. He is 24. 24 and a 37 year old might displace him
Are they sound bytes? What's your definition of that? Anything that challenges this unfounded devotion?

1) Ronaldo has the lowest pressures per 90 than any attacker or midfielder in our team, it's a mathematical fact. Which proves the point I made. Rashford doesn't pressure as much as we'd like, but he definitely does so much more than Ronaldo.

2) And yet Rashford's run created the space for Bruno's goal - again this is what's actually happened. I'm not a fan of Rashford playing CF at all but let's not try and rewrite history here.

3) Your argument is that he lifts every team he joins. To prove that, surely you need to look at the point totals of the teams before he joins for evidence of a lift?
The immutable fact is Juve's points total dropped after Ronaldo joined, same as Man United. As I said, the opposite is the case. All you've proven with this very odd choice of data is that he left Juventus worse off.

It's ok, after having slapped down every listed point you tried to make with actual proof to boot, you could just lazily label everything I've said as a sound byte. :houllier:

It's not that I don't think Ronaldo can be useful by the way, it's just that I can 100% see why he's not starting over IMO another poor choice in Marcus Rashford.

city-puma

Are they sound bytes? What's your definition of that? Anything that challenges this unfounded devotion?

1) Ronaldo has the lowest pressures per 90 than any attacker or midfielder in our team, it's a mathematical fact. Which proves the point I made. Rashford doesn't pressure as much as we'd like, but he definitely does so much more than Ronaldo.

2) And yet Rashford's run created the space for Bruno's goal - again this is what's actually happened. I'm not a fan of Rashford playing CF at all but let's not try and rewrite history here.

3) Your argument is that he lifts every team he joins. To prove that, surely you need to look at the point totals of the teams before he joins for evidence of a lift?
The immutable fact is Juve's points total dropped after Ronaldo joined, same as Man United. As I said, the opposite is the case. All you've proven with this very odd choice of data is that he left Juventus worse off.

It's ok, after having slapped down every listed point you tried to make with actual proof to boot, you could just lazily label everything I've said as a sound byte. :houllier:

It's not that I don't think Ronaldo can be useful by the way, it's just that I can 100% see why he's not starting over IMO another poor choice in Marcus Rashford.
True.
I don’t know how many sprints Rashford has made every game as compared with the others. From my bare eyes, it should be pretty high number per games. I know on this forum, some simply cherry-picks the number to make the augment just for sake of it.

KeanoMagicHat

Add that he has been one of the worst performers this season in pretty much every game he has played.
Yeah he’s done nothing yet to warrant starting at all. It’s not just only pressing, he can’t dribble and his body lets him down in a lot of hold up basics, can’t help it entirely it’s just his age, but I’d far rather Rashford in the team, Martial even moreso, in terms of functioning within a cohesive team structure.

santeria13

Sublemon
Pretty much. That last performance was abysmal, and if that's him making an effort, I would hate to see him if he weren't invested.

Ten Hag won't put up with his nonsense.
What? He was very good last time he came on. I do agree his other cameos were awful but let's not make stuff up.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe Eric will start and get him off if we're ahead by the 60th minute.

Guapa

Our only hope is E10H is the genius we all hope he is and can get Ronaldo to be relevant again.If he can he's clearly the best striker at the club.

Mickson

I was embarrassed when they started singing his name. Love our away fans...but you gotta have some self-respect. It's like going down on your wife after she has visited her lover. Can't believe what this guy gets away with it. Hopefully, he won't play much this season.

wr8_utd

:'(
I was embarrassed when they started singing his name. Love our away fans...but you gotta have some self-respect. It's like going down on your wife after she has visited her lover. Can't believe what this guy gets away with it. Hopefully, he won't play much this season.
Our match going fans lose all rationale when it comes to Ronaldo. He's one player who could probably sign for Liverpool and our fanbois would still be cheering him on and singing Viva Ronaldo.

The United

Even if he had a role or impact to help the team?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thrown a challenge to him.
He showed it last year and not that long ago so now he needs to fit in our way of playing, if he does that, he will decide the games because of his capabilities.

liman

Did any of you guys ever watch how Erik Ten Hag football, system and his player preference at Ajax before talking about how he would like to play ? Like is there anyone here ever watch his Ajax team week in week out before concluding that he wouldn't like Ronaldo ? His number 9 at Ajax was Sebastian Haller, literally a lite version of Ronaldo , a full poacher who rarely contribute in build up, Ronaldo is like 5x the player Haller is. Make no mistake, Erik Ten Hag must have been rubbing his hands at this opportunity to work with Ronaldo. The only reason he hasn't start Ronaldo yet was obviously , same as Casemiro , lacking preseason , match fit , sharpness and still rusty but going forward, it will be Sancho - Ronaldo - Antony starting. I just hope our fanbase didn't start turn on ETH just because he didn't fancy their favorite player,i mean the last proper manager we had ( which was of course , Jose Mourinho ) didn't fancy the same guy who has ballon d'or clause as well.

We won our last 3 games because of our solid defense, not because we had good attack or team dynamic or whatever it is without Ronaldo. I swear all that 1 goal margin lead wouldn't held if we still start Maguire and Shaw in defense.

Last edited:

Mickson

Even if he had a role or impact to help the team?
Yes. He is done here. First, he was a slave, now he refused to go on tour, wanted to leave all summer (for City, for Chelsea, for any team who would touch him, he would walk to Liverpool if they offered him a deal), and you can bet that now when no one wanted him, he will say he always wanted to stay. He is a fake. An imposter. A narcissist. He tried (with several others probably) to throw every manager he had under the bus, didn't follow instructions and sat in a room and backstabbed his teammates. He is a virus, and add the fact that many didn't want him here in the first place amid rape allegations.

Some men just wanna see the world burn
Have you gotten over that Ole wasn't the best manager in the world? Anyway. Most supporters of football teams have self-respect. If a player disrespects the club, he is out and the fans make sure it is that way. That is a standard and also a standard in society. If your wife cheats on you repeatedly, you don't go back. You move on. That is true for all except Manchester United fans, apparently. I want to see players who want to be here, who want to give it all to play for the red shirt. You think otherwise, apparently, and I can only wish you the best of luck in life.

Olecurls99

Yes. He is done here. First, he was a slave, now he refused to go on tour, wanted to leave all summer (for City, for Chelsea, for any team who would touch him, he would walk to Liverpool if they offered him a deal), and you can bet that now when no one wanted him, he will say he always wanted to stay. He is a fake. An imposter. A narcissist. He tried (with several others probably) to throw every manager he had under the bus, didn't follow instructions and sat in a room and backstabbed his teammates. He is a virus, and add the fact that many didn't want him here in the first place amid rape allegations.

Have you gotten over that Ole wasn't the best manager in the world? Anyway. Most supporters of football teams have self-respect. If a player disrespects the club, he is out and the fans make sure it is that way. That is a standard and also a standard in society. If your wife cheats on you repeatedly, you don't go back. You move on. That is true for all except Manchester United fans, apparently. I want to see players who want to be here, who want to give it all to play for the red shirt. You think otherwise, apparently, and I can only wish you the best of luck in life.
Where did you hear my wife was cheating? Who is he?

I'm just having a laugh my man. I actually agree that Ronaldo has been a disgrace but I really don't care about that if he performs. I'm not sure he will though.

Love him but I never thought Ole was the best or anything like it. I just thought he was doing well until he wasn't. I was also buoyed by the fact he wasn't Jose Mourinho.

Mickson

Where did you hear my wife was cheating? Who is he?

I'm just having a laugh my man. I actually agree that Ronaldo has been a disgrace but I really don't care about that if he performs. I'm not sure he will though.

Love him but I never thought Ole was the best or anything like it. I just thought he was doing well until he wasn't. I was also buoyed by the fact he wasn't Jose Mourinho.
Fair enough. I also think we play better without Ronaldo, so I don't think it's much of a loss anyway although he is arguably our best goalscorer.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Did you tell them to stop? So sorry you had to go through this

KeanoMagicHat

Did any of you guys ever watch how Erik Ten Hag football, system and his player preference at Ajax before talking about how he would like to play ? Like is there anyone here ever watch his Ajax team week in week out before concluding that he wouldn't like Ronaldo ? His number 9 at Ajax was Sebastian Haller, literally a lite version of Ronaldo , a full poacher who rarely contribute in build up, Ronaldo is like 5x the player Haller is. Make no mistake, Erik Ten Hag must have been rubbing his hands at this opportunity to work with Ronaldo. The only reason he hasn't start Ronaldo yet was obviously , same as Casemiro , lacking preseason , match fit , sharpness and still rusty but going forward, it will be Sancho - Ronaldo - Antony starting. I just hope our fanbase didn't start turn on ETH just because he didn't fancy their favorite player,i mean the last proper manager we had ( which was of course , Jose Mourinho ) didn't fancy the same guy who has ballon d'or clause as well.

We won our last 3 games because of our solid defense, not because we had good attack or team dynamic or whatever it is without Ronaldo. I swear all that 1 goal margin lead wouldn't held if we still start Maguire and Shaw in defense.
This has come up several times and stats have been posted, Haller was above average in pressures compared to other strikers, whereas Ronaldo is rock bottom of pressures. Haller works far harder than Ronaldo.

Olecurls99

This has come up several times and stats have been posted, Haller was above average in pressures compared to other strikers, whereas Ronaldo is rock bottom of pressures. Haller works far harder than Ronaldo.
And that's a mic drop

Man Utd 3:1 Arsenal

Abraxas

I was encouraged with him today. Looked genuinely pleased when Antony scored, came on, looked desperate for a goal. I don't see a guy that's going to be as difficult to manage as everyone made out. It was always going to be the case that once the window shuts he has to accept the reality, and he'll always want to score, so it's not really this huge problem for the manager.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I was encouraged with him today. Looked genuinely pleased when Antony scored, came on, looked desperate for a goal. I don't see a guy that's going to be as difficult to manage as everyone made out. It was always going to be the case that once the window shuts he has to accept the reality, and he'll always want to score, so it's not really this huge problem for the manager.
He looked much more invested than previously. His pressing helped create a great chance that we should've scored. Hopefully he keeps it up.

fallengt

We were winning 3-1 and he was still angry that he didn't get tap-ins

Nero

Seriously needs to stop having a mega tantrum when a pass isn't made to him.

bakalhau

Didn't get a chance to score but tried serving others, showed fighting spirit, started the play for the 3rd goal, pressed a bit, physical levels seem improved. Happy with his contribution and it's normal he wants to score since he has yet to open the floodgates.

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
Kinda sad to see him relegated to a bench player. I’m sure he’ll start eventually.

But he won’t sniff another Balon D’Or or European Golden Shoe like this.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It was never a problem to have a player of his caliber with his high standards. With the signing of Antony and the team starting to play better he has the chance to be rotated and not the only scoring outlet like last season; which is something beneficial for both him and the team.

Golden Nugget

Thought he was good. Ran and pressed hard, much better than he’s been in other games this season.

All the tantrums etc when he doesn’t get a pass need to stop though. It’s annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.