4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldham

I don't think he should be anywhere near the pitch on his current form. He's looked pretty bad when coming on and not on the same wavelength as other players. Hate how he demands every ball and his gestures when he doesn't get it. Of course the cameras always zoom to him (because you know he's Ronaldo), like when Antony scored his goal. Who fecking cares about how he celebrates a goal when benched.
But hope he can pick up some kind of form and do well for us this season, and he's a legend for me...

ForeverRed1

Hell to the no, that's when we become a bad team. Notice all these players who got trashed all of last season and the start of this one suddenly have no problem producing in the same attack. Rashford has no problem finding his signature breakaway goals, Sancho, Bruno, they've gotten goals and assists interchanging with the striker. A more equal opportunity attack is preferable.

I don't even rate them that high but it's also clear they are far better when their talents aren't marginalized. Certainly don't need more compilation footage about how poor Ronaldo is some misunderstood genius being brought down by the garbage around him. That rigid striker system would have made more sense when he was a more complete player. What counts as a quality opportunity for Ronaldo today isn't the same. Not worth building around.
Well without service he doesn’t score goals, he just ain’t that striker anymore. Maybe occasionally he pulls a worldy but not enough.
And I actually agree with you, I’d favour all that you said over having Ronaldo on the team, and I love him. He’s here this season and we have to use him.

Chief123

I've been a critic of Ronaldo and prefer our football when he doesn't play, but this piece Sky Sports did to compare his goals per game when he starts and when he's a substitute is quite possibly the most comical analysis I've seen.

The reporter goes into detail on how Ronaldo has a better goals per game stat when he starts than when he does as a substitute.

Starts - 848
Goals - 698
Goals per start - 0.82

As a Sub - 93
Goals - 17
Goals per sub - 0.18

Now slap me gently and call me Susan, but it's blatantly obvious any player is likely to have a much weaker goals/appearances as a sub than when they start. Simply because he has less minutes to get the goals in. More often than not, it's less than 30 mins compared to 90 minutes. Even recently he came on for us in the last 10 minutes, yet that will count as 0 goals in 1 appearance. It's bizarre the "guru" didn't make any mention of that. What would have been a lot more useful comparison is doing goals per min based on starting and being a substitute. Providing the stats he did were quite simply useless.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don't think he should be anywhere near the pitch on his current form. He's looked pretty bad when coming on and not on the same wavelength as other players. Hate how he demands every ball and his gestures when he doesn't get it. Of course the cameras always zoom to him (because you know he's Ronaldo), like when Antony scored his goal. Who fecking cares about how he celebrates a goal when benched.
But hope he can pick up some kind of form and do well for us this season, and he's a legend for me...
I would disagree there. I think in both the Arsenal game and the Leicester game he looked good when he came on. In the Leicester game, he was unlucky not to set up two goals. Apart from that moment in the Leicester game where he layed the ball off to a Leiscetr player and they broke on us, I think he's been OK.

swissgenius

I would disagree there. I think in both the Arsenal game and the Leicester game he looked good when he came on. In the Leicester game, he was unlucky not to set up two goals. Apart from that moment in the Leicester game where he layed the ball off to a Leiscetr player and they broke on us, I think he's been OK.
He looked energetic, can't deny that. But in both games, he bottled some pretty good chances, by either shooting instead of a pass, lack of pace on the counter or simply misplacing a pass.

As soon as he came on, he was involved in attack and created chances, but overall, I would call it pretty average performance, certainly not on his level yet.
Elanga would've offered about the same, coming on in the 65th min. against tired opponents.

Wheato

Getting Thomas Tuchel sacked without kicking a ball, leaving them spiralling into a circle of chaos, could very well be the defining moment of his season. Top 4 just got much easier.

I've been a critic of Ronaldo and prefer our football when he doesn't play, but this piece Sky Sports did to compare his goals per game when he starts and when he's a substitute is quite possibly the most comical analysis I've seen.

The reporter goes into detail on how Ronaldo has a better goals per game stat when he starts than when he does as a substitute.

Starts - 848
Goals - 698
Goals per start - 0.82

As a Sub - 93
Goals - 17
Goals per sub - 0.18

Now slap me gently and call me Susan, but it's blatantly obvious any player is likely to have a much weaker goals/appearances as a sub than when they start. Simply because he has less minutes to get the goals in. More often than not, it's less than 30 mins compared to 90 minutes. Even recently he came on for us in the last 10 minutes, yet that will count as 0 goals in 1 appearance. It's bizarre the "guru" didn't make any mention of that. What would have been a lot more useful comparison is doing goals per min based on starting and being a substitute. Providing the stats he did were quite simply useless.
That is the sort of analysis you would expect to see on Twitter... from the likes of @MessiGOATxxxH8Penaldo :lol: :lol: :lol:

The actual numbers if you're interested: 201 minutes per goal in the Premier League as a substitute, vs 167 as a starter. If we focus on 2006 onwards (which is when he really became a goalscorer), it's 137 mpg as a starter and 227 as a sub. He's only ever scored 6 goals as a sub for us (which makes sense given he wasn't much of a scorer pre-2006 and barely ever came off the bench after)

predator

Youth NITK
I know it's not something useful for now but let's not forget that Ronaldo was the last premier league player to win the Ballon d'Or. As good as the likes of KDB, Salah etc are - Ronaldo was genuinely the best player in the world for a year or two. If people wonder why some of us united fans are so fond of him then maybe they shouldn't forget just what a player he was for us.

tomaldinho1

I know it's not something useful for now but let's not forget that Ronaldo was the last premier league player to win the Ballon d'Or. As good as the likes of KDB, Salah etc are - Ronaldo was genuinely the best player in the world for a year or two. If people wonder why some of us united fans are so fond of him then maybe they shouldn't forget just what a player he was for us.
He is a goat contender, none of those players you mentioned can get close to him. That said, he really messed up this summer, then he comes back unfit having missed all of pre season - the fault lies with him and Mendes, they soured the relationship.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
And so it came to pass that the Europa League is not beneath Cristiano Ronaldo in 2022.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Horrid player. If only Boehly put his foot down two weeks earlier.

Erics_Collar

Shockingly, shockingly bad :lol:

Like a mummified corpse trundling along out there.

Time to take him out back and hit him over the head with a shovel, and tell the younger players he's gone to live on a farm for retired footballers. Or the MLS.

Mmm-Qatarian

Useless performance. Not saying he was the only bad player out there but his presence genuinely ruins our attack.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nit just that he is useless, he kills our play completely. And our players are trying to pass to him every time

Teja

Yeah we just have to take the L here and just drop him to the bench. Rather give younger players the chance than Ronnie at this point.

LoneStar

Okay, even Rashford is a much better 9 at this point. Our team also plays much better when he's not in it. Shame he didn't leave this summer.

Renegade

Annoys me when he pulls that face like the other lads are letting him down at the end of a game. Poor.

wr8_utd

:'(
There's a very clear and obvious reason why ETH doesn't and hopefully won't start Ronaldo.

LordSpud

He's gonna end up de-railing our season one way or the other. Either we play him and he completely messes up the way we play (even more than Maguire I think) or Ten Hag keeps him on the bench and he starts to kick up a stink as a result. Should've been allowed to go but his ego thought he could speak out late in the transfer window and get an easy move and then no-one wanted him.

kundalini

37 year old forward slightly too slow, control not quite good enough, super header but offside, wasted another header, free-kick into the wall.

Needs to play a lot better than that if he is to start PL games.

ManRed

Lacked intensity and they got lucky with that decision. Rather lose here than in the premier league.

Fred and Ronaldo were poor and just killed most our attacks. Casemiro really slow and had his ups and downs.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He is the opposite of sharp. My love for him is quickly fading, hope he moves in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.