Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yeah he picked it up at the end of the season again, but to me he is just shot physically. Elanga for me isn't a premier league level player and I genuinely am not sure who I'd rather start.
Yeah I’d agree. Sad place to be.

Yep like the game against the relegation Norwich side, cool player to have to get his ego high against the relegation team. He's nothing more than an expensive player who can win a header here and there. SHould we paly Maguire up top then? Perhaps he could do more hold up play than Ronnie ever did at least.
Or, you know, that game he single handedly won against a better team with moments no-one else in our team can replicate. That might well have been his Indian summer and he’s lost it now. Those things are hard to predict. Giggs won player of the year after being completely written off the head before, adapting into a role no-one expected. Ronaldo could do the same.

I understand why people think he’s past it. But let’s not pretend like he gave us nothing this year to suggest he might not be, either. He sparkled for a while

Lecland07

Gave him a 3 - think the 4.5 rating is very generous for that game. Messed up two very easy chances that could have resulted in goals - one of those passes was inexplicable (which should have gone through to Rashford)

Speed is gone - it is time for him to move on.

OpenIntrovert

Can those who want to talk about Ronaldo going out, go to the thread that is already created for bashing him? Let's leave this thread to his performance in this game.

OpenIntrovert

I am not sure if Ronaldo is injured. He seemed quite off after that knock earlier. But with him coming in, we had 2 great counter attacks which even if they were not executed properly, is a promising sign of he is able to push the attack.

Idxomer

Take off the blinkers mate. I'm being generous in saying that only 10 premier league clubs wouldn't be starting him. Its probably something like 14-16 clubs.
Neal Maupay is a more useful striker than him.

GlasgowCeltic

Man has God like self belief but I know losing that footrace with a head start will've shook his pride

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Neal Maupay is a more useful striker than him.
Just go down the list in the league. He'd probably start for bournemouth and Nottingham Forest though with his lack of defensive work rate, would that help them? Wolves given that Jimenez is also finished? Who else? I genuinely would take every other main striker ahead of him.

Posh Red

Can those who want to talk about Ronaldo going out, go to the thread that is already created for bashing him? Let's leave this thread to his performance in this game.
No offence, but you come across as quite agenda driven when it comes to discussing Ronaldo. You don’t seem capable of forming an objective opinion.

OpenIntrovert

No offence, but you come across as quite agenda driven when it comes to discussing Ronaldo. You don’t seem capable of forming an objective opinion.
Nope, that is because you only notice my posts when it is about Ronaldo. I support all the players when it comes to Manchester United and you can already see my posts regarding McTominay and Sancho in the other threads.

The problem we have here is that there are too many posters interested in bashing Ronaldo that they tend to make the same post in many threads. That is quite annoying and spoils any discussion potential in those threads. That's why I always come in to send the Ronaldo bashers to the thread they created to bash him.

Posh Red

Nope, that is because you only notice my posts when it is about Ronaldo. I support all the players when it comes to Manchester United and you can already see my posts regarding McTominay and Sancho in the other threads.

The problem we have here is that there are too many posters interested in bashing Ronaldo that they tend to make the same post in many threads. That is quite annoying and spoils any discussion potential in those threads. That's why I always come in to send the Ronaldo bashers to the thread they created to bash him.
No, it’s because your opinions never seem to be reflective of reality when it comes to Ronaldo.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
2 times got benched & we won it both his fanboys would say just a coincidence ‍♂

Anyway i hope this to be continued

OpenIntrovert

No, it’s because your opinions never seem to be reflective of reality when it comes to Ronaldo.
If reality means I need to be judgmental the moment Ronaldo or other player makes a mistake, then no thanks. I prefer to look at their performances based on the whole game, rather than partially. Anyway we can agree to disagree regarding Ronaldo, so let's leave the bashing out of here.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Really bleak cameo.

Something equally as bleak? Martial's injury record

Posh Red

If reality means I need to be judgmental the moment Ronaldo or other player makes a mistake, then no thanks. I prefer to look at their performances based on the whole game, rather than partially. Anyway we can agree to disagree regarding Ronaldo, so let's leave the bashing out of here.
What do you mean by bashing?

fps

Man has God like self belief but I know losing that footrace with a head start will've shook his pride
Came here to say the same, although I think he created the headstart by being quick off the mark. Perhaps it will help him realise that he cannot outrun time and football is the ultimate meritocracy - he needs to accept his new place in the scheme of things.

Pocho

It’s like he feels he isn’t part of the team anymore. He showed sparks of what he can do. Maybe ETH has to motivate him.

Daonico

Man was a poor's man fellaini today... won a few headers that were useful for coming out of the back, but was bad in everything else.
I hope we find a solution for him leaving AND we get another attacker... if he stays I can only wish he find his motivation again to be somene useful, I still thing that he can be good for us if he accepts his place is not in the first eleven for most matches.
Sadly the alternatives in the squad are not top quality either.

Luka Mora

Okay let me break this down. I said it in the newbie forum and I'll say it again here. Ronaldo was either carrying an genuine knee injury, or he either clearly doesn't give a shit anymore or his legs are completely officially gone. He didn't press and back track not once in the 15 mins he was on, he made a mess of simple through balls and on the break on the counter before the final whistle, he had all the time in the world to release the pass to Bruno and instead ended up dwelling on the ball until he gave the ball away.

Losing that foot race to that generic defender was a sad sight to see and will hopefully drill home the message that he isn't cut out for this anymore. I have an inkling that Ten Hag told him when he first met him that he wasn't going to be a guaranteed a first team starter which triggered him to get his agent to angle a move away since psychologically in his mind he believed the notion that he was the catalysis from saving united from relegation last season and still one of the best bred forwards in the world. All the adulation from delirious fanboys of his, through the stat padding went to his head like a shot of heroin.

Now it's obvious no top teams competing in the CL he has humbled himself and reality has finally hit home that he is not top dog any longer which has prevented him from creating a list Hollywood scenes, leaving the stadium early with his boy toy Dalot to create headlines,, he's now left to seriously consider the prospect of joining the likes of Napoli or Sporting Honestly if he continues to put in performances like that he'd be better off joining a club in a less intense league because if he stays here, he'll will get exposed the same way Antony Joshua is getting exposed for being stiff.

Nogho

He looks like an elderly person in a Youtube-vine trying to show his grandson "how it should be done" - then falls over and hurts himself.

Varane around town

He looked old and disinterested when he came on.

It’s all a bit sad. I’ve always been a Ronaldo fan but he is, what he is now. An old centre-forward who can get his head on the ball and hold up play. That’s why no sod wants him.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He was terrible but still won more headers, held up the ball and let us get up the pitch better than Rashford.

Son

He looks an absolute ghost of a player compared to last seasons level. Remember his first game last year? Different player now.

We might be seeing a very sudden drop-off which at his age is very very likely. Ibra for example used more of his body strength so didn’t need speed ever.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He looks an absolute ghost of a player compared to last seasons level. Remember his first game last year? Different player now.

We might be seeing a very sudden drop-off which at his age is very very likely. Ibra for example used more of his body strength so didn’t need speed ever.
Not having a preseason to prepare tends to do that to players.

Muppetry_man

Reading in the Twitter Tranfers topic ... Germany
10 years ago he'd have outrun the Soton defender easily at the end. He has lost quite a bit of pace and probably hasn't figured out how to adapt yet
I was watching this live and I was thinking the exact same thing. Young Ronaldo will outpace him so quickly he will even make distance and it will look like the defender stopped running. If this doesn't show Ronaldo FC lovers and fans that he is done, then they just want to be delusional about it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am baffled with the fact that ETH wants him to stay.
Doesn't fit in our system
In general he is in huge decline
He is egoistic cnut who will kill the mood in team
He is a rat (leaks)
He is overpayed
Doesn't want to be here

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am baffled with the fact that ETH wants him to stay.
Doesn't fit in our system
In general he is in huge decline
He is egoistic cnut who will kill the mood in team
He is a rat (leaks)
He is overpayed
Doesn't want to be here
What is this statement based on?
Because in my opinion ETH would love to get rid of Ronaldo and his wages.

TOKUGAWA-X

Ronaldo is the only issue ETH has shown weakness.

He is the boss and everybody sees he doesnt fit into this new era, ETH shouldve been clear since the beginning, time to sell the diva.

SalfordTED

Okay let me break this down. I said it in the newbie forum and I'll say it again here. Ronaldo was either carrying an genuine knee injury, or he either clearly doesn't give a shit anymore or his legs are completely officially gone. He didn't press and back track not once in the 15 mins he was on, he made a mess of simple through balls and on the break on the counter before the final whistle, he had all the time in the world to release the pass to Bruno and instead ended up dwelling on the ball until he gave the ball away.

Losing that foot race to that generic defender was a sad sight to see and will hopefully drill home the message that he isn't cut out for this anymore. I have an inkling that Ten Hag told him when he first met him that he wasn't going to be a guaranteed a first team starter which triggered him to get his agent to angle a move away since psychologically in his mind he believed the notion that he was the catalysis from saving united from relegation last season and still one of the best bred forwards in the world. All the adulation from delirious fanboys of his, through the stat padding went to his head like a shot of heroin.

Now it's obvious no top teams competing in the CL he has humbled himself and reality has finally hit home that he is not top dog any longer which has prevented him from creating a list Hollywood scenes, leaving the stadium early with his boy toy Dalot to create headlines,, he's now left to seriously consider the prospect of joining the likes of Napoli or Sporting Honestly if he continues to put in performances like that he'd be better off joining a club in a less intense league because if he stays here, he'll will get exposed the same way Antony Joshua is getting exposed for being stiff.

Nonsense on various fronts which I cannot be bothered high lighting but the main idiocy is that Bruno, Martial, Dalot, De Gea as well as Ronaldo left before the final whistle against Rayo Vallecano

" According to The United Stand, however, permission to leave early was given to the former Real Madrid talisman and a number of his teammates by manager Erik ten Hag so that they could beat the traffic and crowds. "

Luka Mora

Nonsense on various fronts which I cannot be bothered high lighting but the main idiocy is that Bruno, Martial, Dalot, De Gea as well as Ronaldo left before the final whistle against Rayo Vallecano

" According to The United Stand, however, permission to leave early was given to the former Real Madrid talisman and a number of his teammates by manager Erik ten Hag so that they could beat the traffic and crowds. "
You're quoting ''the United Stand'' Seriously :yawn:

''Erik ten Hag slams Cristiano Ronaldo and other Manchester United stars for 'unacceptable' mistake''

When asked about Ronaldo leaving the Rayo Vallecano match early, the United manager took the attention away from Ronaldo specifically before condemning the behaviour.

Ten Hag Asked by Viaplay Sport if he accepted such behaviour, the manager replied: "Definitely not. I certainly don't condone this.

"I tell them. That it is unacceptable and that we are a team, so a selection. That you have to stay until the end."

Bruno, Martial, Dalot, and DDG did not start that game, they were not in the squad.

Shiva87

2 times got benched & we won it both his fanboys would say just a coincidence ‍♂

Anyway i hope this to be continued
He was benched against Brighton as well. Did we win that?

It is not a coincidence but it is not causation either. Problem is people think we won because Ronaldo was benched.

We won because 11 out of 11 players in both games were working together as a team, and making runs for each other.

Ronaldo can be useful for games where we don't need that. Where 10 players can carry his lack of workrate. EL, Cup early rounds, games in the PL where opponents will only play on the counter. He can't play against teams where we need to beat a press and move around a lot to create space.

That should him getting 30-35 games this season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.