4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka Mora

To think if we had let Ronaldo go to City, we'd have had a better chance of signing Haaland after Ten Hag came in

Almost as bad a decision as prematurely make Ole permanent manager before the season had finished

redcucumber

There is a definite correlation between Ronaldo megafans and usage of the term 'hater'.

Monks_United

Just noticed all the hate Ronaldo is getting on this thread because he shared a photo with Peterson. I mean, his performances and the antics over the summer probably are reason enough for the flak he should be getting but I don't understand this need to shit on someone just because he is a celeb and doesn't share the same ideas you do.

Real Name

This thread is full of haters jealous of CR7’s success in the sport and with women … I can’t wait for him to score a match winning hat-trick against Argentina in the World Cup final and dedicate it to you lot!
I hope you're not older than 13.

sugar_kane

It's funny that all the replies to that seem to interpret that interaction as an example of them having a good relationship. Ronaldo doesn't look too impressed when he walks off and the arm grip looks like a bit of a power play/mild aggression on Ten Hag's part.

Not trying to be a 'body language expert' - it's a pretty obvious interpretation as far as I can see.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He has lost his pace and his touch has become worse. There were three specific occasions against La Real alone, where he didn't even get a shot away because of bad touches or lack of pace. Other times he was 35 yards out when he should be at the end of a cross in the box. He did actually press in that game, I'll give him credit for that.
It's far too early in the season to take any strong opinions about it. Put all his minutes together and he's played less than 3.5 games, after everything that happened in the off-season where he was obviously unhappy and had no preseason (which is obviously his own fault, but should be taken into account when discussing his form). He's still getting in good positions and getting good chances, and overall I'm not seeing anything different than the middle of last season when he was struggling a bit. Maybe lost a little more pace again, but it's not like he's slow or anything. Ultimately I think there is a better chance of him getting into form and becoming a good (not great) option for most of the year than there is of him continuing to struggle all season. I might end up wrong, but hopefully not.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's funny that all the replies to that seem to interpret that interaction as an example of them having a good relationship. Ronaldo doesn't look too impressed when he walks off and the arm grip looks like a bit of a power play/mild aggression on Ten Hag's part.

Not trying to be a 'body language expert' - it's a pretty obvious interpretation as far as I can see.
Nothing in this at all.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
To think if we had let Ronaldo go to City, we'd have had a better chance of signing Haaland after Ten Hag came in

Almost as bad a decision as prematurely make Ole permanent manager before the season had finished
Haaland was never coming here. I'm sure City would terminate Ronaldos contract if it meant they could sign Haaland.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This thread is full of haters jealous of CR7’s success in the sport and with women … I can’t wait for him to score a match winning hat-trick against Argentina in the World Cup final and dedicate it to you lot!
:lol::lol:

This is like reading the comments on a football Facebook post from India or something, comments like this are everywhere.

Foxbatt

He is suddenly not going to become the worst player in the world. As another have said he is getting into good positions but not scoring. I think he should start against a side that's going to sit back and defend.

PSV

Just noticed all the hate Ronaldo is getting on this thread because he shared a photo with Peterson. I mean, his performances and the antics over the summer probably are reason enough for the flak he should be getting but I don't understand this need to shit on someone just because he is a celeb and doesn't share the same ideas you do.
I agree. His play so far this season has left a lot to be desired so seing a trained psychologist (if that's even the nature of their relationship) isn't the worst idea in the world.

The only problem is that Peterson is supposedly known for doing wonders for young men, and Ronaldo is, well, an aging gentleman. Let's see what can be done.

EngimaMK

Jordan Peterson?! He is a bit Conservative and interested in the psychology of biology!!

He has different (although still relatively mainstream) opinions than I may have???

Noooooooo.... How evil!!!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is suddenly not going to become the worst player in the world. As another have said he is getting into good positions but not scoring. I think he should start against a side that's going to sit back and defend.
It is one thing to get in good positions and miss chances, and another thing entirely to get in good positions but fail to take a shot from a good position. Ronaldo is very much in the 2nd bucket there, where he makes a good chance worse by the time the shot comes or he just is unable to get a shot off at all. That's the sign of a big physical decline where you just aren't quick enough for the level anymore.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jordan Peterson?! He is a bit Conservative and interested in the psychology of biology!!

He has different (although still relatively mainstream) opinions than I may have???

It’s not really that. It’s that he’s absolutely off his rocker. A proper weirdo with proper weird views on the world that are neither rational or logical.

EngimaMK

It’s not really that. It’s that he’s absolutely off his rocker. A proper weirdo with proper weird views on the world that are neither rational or logical.
He certainly is a bit if a weirdo in some ways... The only eating red meat and salt, drinking water was bizarre. He also seems a very angry man at times (as are many of the people who hate him).

Other views of his are pretty mainstream - that men and women are different, and their behaviours/desires are driven in large parts by their sex. That is pretty normal thinking (unless you go on Twitter).

I am not personally a JP fan but also can't see why he is hated quite as much as he is. Nature of the internet I suppose... Pick a side, hate the other and whatever you do, NEVER acknowledge disagreement without making monsters of those you disagree with.

RedOrange

Leaving aside Peterson's political views (which are crypto-fascist even if he is a huge coward and backpedals profusely the instant someone calls him out for it), he's not the right kind of person to help a professional athlete. He was/is addicted to prescription drugs and had to go to a dodgy clinic in Russia to be put in a coma to avoid the withdrawal symptoms. He advocates a wacky all steak diet based on nothing but woowoo nonsense and bro-science. Most importantly he is a thin skinned manchild who constantly plays the victims has a meltdown if literally anyone says anything negative about him on twitter, despite being more than willing to call people fat and ugly completely unprovoked because they appeared on the cover of a magazine. Jorp's ability as a psychologist is pretty questionable as well as he's obsessed with Jungian archetypes and the big five theory of personality traits which is basically just astrology. He's basically a right wing version of Noam Chomsky in that the only reason most people have heard of him are because of his political views,except he didn't actually do any important work in his field like Chomsky did in linguistics.

I have no idea why they met, but Jorp is getting a lot more out of it than Ronaldo is. That instagram post is probably just Ronaldo endorsing Jorp's political ideas. Jorp's practical advice is likely to be worthless as he obviously has no idea how to lead a decent, fulfilling life and improve himself, and Ronaldo already has an entire staff to keep his house impeccably clean and tidy.

Jericho

Leaving aside Peterson's political views (which are crypto-fascist even if he is a huge coward and backpedals profusely the instant someone calls him out for it), he's not the right kind of person to help a professional athlete. He was/is addicted to prescription drugs and had to go to a dodgy clinic in Russia to be put in a coma to avoid the withdrawal symptoms. He advocates a wacky all steak diet based on nothing but woowoo nonsense and bro-science. Most importantly he is a thin skinned manchild who constantly plays the victims has a meltdown if literally anyone says anything negative about him on twitter, despite being more than willing to call people fat and ugly completely unprovoked because they appeared on the cover of a magazine. Jorp's ability as a psychologist is pretty questionable as well as he's obsessed with Jungian archetypes and the big five theory of personality traits which is basically just astrology. He's basically a right wing version of Noam Chomsky in that the only reason most people have heard of him are because of his political views,except he didn't actually do any important work in his field like Chomsky did in linguistics.

I have no idea why they met, but Jorp is getting a lot more out of it than Ronaldo is. That instagram post is probably just Ronaldo endorsing Jorp's political ideas. Jorp's practical advice is likely to be worthless as he obviously has no idea how to lead a decent, fulfilling life and improve himself, and Ronaldo already has an entire staff to keep his house impeccably clean and tidy.
A little bit of misinformation there. He isn't currently addicted to prescription drugs, nor does he advocate an all steak diet.

Is there no context for their meeting? Weird to see those two together.

RedOrange

A little bit of misinformation there. He isn't currently addicted to prescription drugs, nor does he advocate an all steak diet.
He absolutely advocates an all steak diet. He extolls made up health benefits and says that has cured many of his illnesses, then insists he's not advocating for it.

SirAF

Ageist
Oh Lord.

Look, I’ll give you the correct answer: I’m probably the biggest Ronaldo fan on this forum and even I was disgusted by that post.

Is there no context for their meeting? Weird to see those two together.
:lol:

Jericho

He absolutely advocates an all steak diet. He extolls made up health benefits and says that has cured many of his illnesses, then insists he's not advocating for it.
He's says it alleviated his health issues, but he doesn't enjoy it and wouldn't recommend it. He does not advocate. To say he does is wrong.

Oh Lord.

Look, I’ll give you the correct answer: I’m probably the biggest Ronaldo fan on this forum and even I was disgusted by that post.

I'll grant you that does sound funny without the context around it.

jameyzane

Quality control
Ferminized little men criticising real men like Jordan Peterson because they can never dream to be one.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Also damaging views on things like climate change that will only take us backwards.

RedOrange

He's says it alleviated his health issues, but he doesn't enjoy it and wouldn't recommend it. He does not advocate. To say he does is wrong.
Fair enough.

By the way drinking nothing but horse milk cured my acne and scoliosis, gave me super powers and made me irresistible to women. I wouldn't recommend it though. I'm 2 inches taller since I started and I also don't have to go to the bathroom anymore because my body is operating at 100% efficiency, but again, this is not an endorsement of an all horse milk diet. But it's a super food. But I don't recommend it.

tomaldinho1

Ironically he actually used to be very rooted in logical arguments, he was extreme and a bit of an ass but now he's gone full loon.

Jericho

Fair enough.

By the way drinking nothing but horse milk cured my acne and scoliosis, gave me super powers and made me irresistible to women. I wouldn't recommend it though. I'm 2 inches taller since I started and I also don't have to go to the bathroom anymore because my body is operating at 100% efficiency, but again, this is not an endorsement of an all horse milk diet. But it's a super food. But I don't recommend it.
If horse milk did exactly all of that for you then then it's not an endorsement to simply state those facts. Sounds like you'd just rather he just lied and said the diet didn't alleviate his symptoms. Strange.

Anyway, Ronaldo...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Ferminized little men criticising real men like Jordan Peterson because they can never dream to be one.
Picture of feminized man reacting to JP's logical bombs:

Feminised man reconsiders his life after reading JP's superb arguments:

kaku06

Fair enough.

Got your video mate. No one can doubt you now.

Monks_United

I agree. His play so far this season has left a lot to be desired so seing a trained psychologist (if that's even the nature of their relationship) isn't the worst idea in the world.

The only problem is that Peterson is supposedly known for doing wonders for young men, and Ronaldo is, well, an aging gentleman. Let's see what can be done.
Age is just a number. In his head, Ronnie is still the 18 year old wonderkid from Portugal strutting his stuff at Old Trafford !

Monks_United

Well, the thing is, in the age of being an attention grabbing idiot, almost everyone who speaks for long enough on podcasts, talk shows etc. would be the same. Like I said, shitting on Ronaldo for a photo with the guy is basically holding him to standards that would always let you down tbh

Monks_United

Oh Lord.

Im not even a Ronaldo fan per se, just that I see people losing their shit on forums when it comes to athletes and their personal lives and it baffles me as to how people think that a great athlete should also not be daft politically or culturally whereas in reality almost every single one of them is daft in their personal life. That is who they are

AJ VII

If he doesn't have a good perfomance and score at least one goal this game there is no hope for him anymore. We play with our best team against a team i assume will spend alot of time with 11 men in their own box and CR shouldn't have to spend alot of energy defending.

Sad to think this is the only match we have played this season that suits his level.

Hopefully he scores a couple and kicks on for the rest of the season, as it seems both Rashford and Martial will struggle with injuries and we need a good backup when they are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.