4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gza the genius

It would be sad to watch this if he hadn't acted a prick all summer long and like he was too good to be here. He'll probably score some goals here and there still but he looks completely finished.

kundalini

Scored a penalty. Lost possession cheaply far too often, especially in the first half.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Declaring him completely finished is a bit strong.

Because in truth he similarly played like shite for large chunks of last season too but still at least finished the season with a decent on-paper goals tally. If you thought that was enough sign of life then I wouldn't assume you won't get more of the same as this season goes on.

Though of course that still doesn't change the key point that even if he isn't totally finished he still has and will continue to play like shite relatively regularly, because he isn't a particularly good footballer at this level any more.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We'll be struggling with goals with Ronaldo as main CF. Rashford and Martial aren't reliable as CF.

Zippycup

Its not that he’s lost confidence its that he’s lost the ability to control a football, make a pass and read the game. He has lost his speed but worryingly he still thinks he has it.
Even in the few minutes that Elanga came on you could see that the attack instantly improved. Ronaldo should stop worrying about a Champions League team coming in for him and worry if a Europa Conference League team will come in for him

Bobski

If he has anything left we will see it at the WC. His choice to not do a pre-season basically makes the next 2 months that for him.

Idxomer

This is his 8th game of the season, I don't think the pre-season excuse works anymore.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
How long does it take to get up to speed during a preseason? He wasn't poor but needs to start playing better or else this will be his level during the actual WC.

Lee565

He doesn't deserve playing time, he decided to sulk all summer instead acting professional and getting on with pre season, he hurts our overall attacking play and he is way past his best so why humour him with giving him minutes on the pitch

Abraxas

Yeah, it's not been a good start. Not even because he's looked uninterested after a weird summer, he's just looked genuinely bad in terms of reactions, physicality, work on the ball. Worrying as we probably are going to need him.

Member 101269

You can see he’s adapting his game, he need a little time with others to get to know each other.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
So if you make a list of what this Ronaldo is good at, what's on it?

Finishing? Nope
Creating space for a shot? Nope
Build up play? Ha
Accurate passing? Sob
Threat on set pieces with his head? No longer

He's still world class at arm waving and looking disappointed though.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Don't you just love it when he comes to midfield and exchanges 20 pointless passes with the same player. So fun to watch:drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not signing a striker could kill our season. Martial and Rashford have to stay fit.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It's not about lack of pre-season. Not even really about his attitude. He's not far off 38. When can you remember anyone at that age playing up front, starting for a big team in England? Can't be done. Nothing you can do about father time.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He was bad today. His finishing has been very poor.

But I do not think he is finished yet. He has one more purple patch left in his career I reckon. He probably knows it as well. He will peak around world cup and the new years during the thick of our title race with City. Not giving up on you yet Ronnie!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's not about lack of pre-season. Not even really about his attitude. He's not far off 38. When can you remember anyone at that age playing up front, starting for a big team in England? Can't be done. Nothing you can do about father time.
Ryan Giggs had some really good games for us that age, but I get your point: Giggsy was more of a playmaker in the midfield at that point.

Luka Mora

Admittedly I didn't watch the game, but judging by these highlights and from what I've been told, it's pretty clear he's is done

I'm not buying the lack of preseason, he was training in portugal in the summer while on strike and has played 8 games so far, so should be up to speed not look this shot as a player against a team I've never heard of before last week.

AndyMUFC

I think as a poacher he is still going to get you goals. Problem is we want him to be more than a fox in the box striker and link the play and he's not actually very good at it because he's never been an out and out loan striker.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He was bad today. His finishing has been very poor.

But I do not think he is finished yet. He has one more purple patch left in his career I reckon. He probably knows it as well. He will peak around world cup and the new years during the thick of our title race with City. Not giving up on you yet Ronnie!

Ignore your eyes and trust your heart.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think as a poacher he is still going to get you goals. Problem is we want him to be more than a fox in the box striker and link the play and he's not actually very good at it because he's never been an out and out loan striker.
Not sure he can modify his game much more. He's been a great finisher,, but he's never really been a poacher. He was about pace and power.

redcucumber

Ronaldo is obviously finished. If he'd had have lowered his wage demands, he probably could have gotten a move to Atletico and eked out another semi effective season. He looks way, way off it here though as most predicted. Desperately need some more dynamism up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.