Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I can’t write him of just yet … I just can’t see him going down without a fight in what’s more than likely his last season at the very top level. He’ll know what’s coming and won’t want to go out with a whimper so I still think he’s capable of putting on an assault.

Irwin99

I think EtH said he's getting there in terms of 100% fitness but he's still a bit to go. Hopefully the goal has done him good.

I wouldn't start him against City mind. Impact sub-like against Arsenal.

Wheato

There is a problem with Ronaldo. His game is way off ATM. Maybe because he has had no pre-season, but his touch is way off. He is trying to force it and is taking up positions that aren't helpful. Wingers don't want him running towards them, they need him in the six yard box. If he just played off the shoulder off the last defender, and attacked crosses or ran onto through balls, then he would be more of a danger, and would probably bag a few goals.
He needs someone to sit him down and teach him the art of playing as a veteran striker. He can still out jump defenders, he can still beat them over 10 yards, he can still anticipate where the ball will end up, and he can still find the back of the net. But running all over the place, trying to play as a 10, then popping up on the wing or by the corner flag. Get into the box FFS. We were completely in charge of that game tonight and he could have just goal hanged for the majority of the game and got himself a few from open play.

The best thing for him tonight was getting more minutes for his fitness and a goal for his confidence.

Leonzo1

I don't have a problem with him playing around 40% percent of our games. Martial as first choice when fit. Ronaldo or Rashford coming in as subs/rotation. The guy is 38, don't think he's finished quite yet but that's what you expect from a 38 year old footballer.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I can’t write him of just yet … I just can’t see him going down without a fight in what’s more than likely his last season at the very top level. He’ll know what’s coming and won’t want to go out with a whimper so I still think he’s capable of putting on an assault.
I don't doubt he lacks the will to fight. The only thing that can't be overcome is a physical decline unless, like Giggs, you totally change your game. It happened to Neville and to a lesser degree, Irwin.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Watching him play for United these days is excruciating. I hate it so much. Honestly think it’s starting to sour all the great memories I have of him during his first stint of the club. Such a shame that the memories of this version of Ronaldo will always be fresher.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's not as bad as he's been this season. He doesn't fit the style of play ETH wants, that's a known beforehand. But his level this season is as if he's not focused and desperately needed that pre-season. I certainly expect him to significantly up his game during our clustered schedule next month. He'll be needed every other game as a starter I assume.

Gazza

I don’t think Ronaldo cares much about Ten Hag’s project (he won’t be here long enough to enjoy the fruits of it anyway) or about Europa League, so I would imagine he’s focused solely on Qatar 2022.

NoPace

So if you make a list of what this Ronaldo is good at, what's on it?

Finishing? Nope
Creating space for a shot? Nope
Build up play? Ha
Accurate passing? Sob
Threat on set pieces with his head? No longer

He's still world class at arm waving and looking disappointed though.
His finishing will come back. The defending/pressing his horrific and his link play is below average .

Good point on the set pieces. I hadn't noticed it but it's true he hasn't looked close to getting one unless I've forgotten one.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's finished.

Imagine if we had a player worth 500k a week instead of him in attack?

We improve massively with Martial taking his place. Imagine someone even better.

We've wasted so much money the past decade.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's finished.

Imagine if we had a player worth 500k a week instead of him in attack?

We improve massively with Martial taking his place. Imagine someone even better.

We've wasted so much money the past decade.
He is the last symbol of the Woodward galacticos era.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't doubt he lacks the will to fight. The only thing that can't be overcome is a physical decline unless, like Giggs, you totally change your game. It happened to Neville and to a lesser degree, Irwin.
I agree, I just think his level this season will be higher than last night. Much higher.

We’d best hope so anyway because we’re stuck with him for the time being.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s just a bit sad to see him doing a siu in front of fans he didn’t want to play for after scoring a penalty against a team he’s never heard of to take his goal tally for the season to one.

Renegade

Are we not getting that interview he promised? Or has that been forgotten about?

AussieDevil

Psychologist Jordan Peterson confirmed in one of his shows that he recently saw Ronaldo due to him struggling mentally with the death of his baby boy. Always awful to hear about someone struggling with mental health and glad he reached out for help.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Aside from the fitness, which is of his own doing, he needs to relearn how to play football in his current form for the betterment of himself and the team.

Don't write him off yet!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Psychologist Jordan Peterson confirmed in one of his shows that he recently saw Ronaldo due to him struggling mentally with the death of his baby boy. Always awful to hear about someone struggling with mental health and glad he reached out for help.
He didn't reach out for help, he reached out for Jordan Peterson, who is either lying or broke patient/doctor confidentiality for fame.

MattofManchester

This the same guy that indulges in conspiracy theories, gender discrimination and whines about plus size models?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He's not as bad as he's been this season. He doesn't fit the style of play ETH wants, that's a known beforehand. But his level this season is as if he's not focused and desperately needed that pre-season. I certainly expect him to significantly up his game during our clustered schedule next month. He'll be needed every other game as a starter I assume.
At Real Madrid he would start off most of the time at the beginning of the season. It was attributed to him being overplayed all season, Real Madrid always made to the semifinals at the very least and most leagues would decide at the very end of the season with Real Madrid always challenging, then he would also play almost every game for Portugal. Then the nest season would come and the first months he would look a bit off, and despite having good games overall he would be off in his finishing. However I was more annoyed by the rest of our players, they would fail a lot too so it was a case that if Ronaldo didn't score no one else was capable of creating anything.

Now I think it's more about his age, but I think people are being way too critical with him and I'm sure he will improve as the season advances. He just needs to be managed and rotated often enough in order for him to remain sharp but without overplaying him. I though he was ok in his last game all things considered.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We all know Peterson is a cnut but breaking patient confidentiality like that (presumably for the attention it would get) is a new low. Despicable human being.

Also. Why the flying feck is Ronaldo seeing that clown for grief counselling? Unbelievably stupid decision. Who the hell is advising him?!

SirAF

Ageist
We all know Peterson is a cnut but breaking patient confidentiality like that (presumably for the attention it would get) is a new low. Despicable human being.

Also. Why the flying feck is Ronaldo seeing that clown for grief counselling? Unbelievably stupid decision. Who the hell is advising him?!
This, absolutely amazing. There’s got to be a ton of better qualified psychologists in Greater Manchester alone, hell probably in Chesire too.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
How was he for Portugal? Looked shocking in the highlights I saw.
Despite the comfortable scoreline, Ronaldo’s performance was a microcosm of his season to date.

Before the half-time whistle was blown, Ronaldo had spurned two good chances, collided with goalkeeper Tomas Vaclik — leaving the 37-year-old with a bloodied nose and needing medical attention — and given away a penalty after handling the ball inside the area.

He stayed on the pitch until the final whistle, completing 90 minutes for only the third time this season, and ended the night with four shots, all of which failed to hit the target.

A mistimed header intended for the bottom corner led to him assisting Liverpool’s Diogo Jota’s late goal, who nodded in from close range at the far post.

Not for the first time this season, Ronaldo was outshone by his Manchester United team-mates, Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot, and it was further evidence that United’s players can lead a team to victory without needing the talismanic forward’s input.

Fernandes scored once and created the first of Dalot’s two goals.

Against the Czech Republic, he mistimed a key chance in the first half, created by Fernandes, and then looked down at the pitch before raising his arms in frustration, implying the grass was to blame.

It was an opportunity you would back the 37-year-old to score nine times out of 10, and one he would expect to convert with his eyes closed.

Ronaldo may be out of form, out of favour at Ten Hag’s Manchester United and in need of game time ahead of the World Cup, but in Santos, he has a manager who is far more likely to back him to the hilt than drop him.

Perhaps more importantly though, the 37-year-old’s confidence is yet to wane.

That self-belief will see him through to Qatar, even if he spends most of the time between now and then on United’s bench, but what may worry Portugal fans is that Saturday night served to prove that there is no substitute for match sharpness.

SAF is the GOAT

To tell the truth - I saw an extended highlights from the game against Czech Republic.

Cristiano looked like he can't do basic things and lost some basic coordination skills and it looks like the age caught him.

I'm really trying to put it on lack of match sharpness but currently it looks like a lot more than that.

He also got a big head collision at the start of the game. Wouldn't look too much into this performance.
The problem is that it started way before this game

Last edited:

antk

To tell the truth - I saw an extended highlights from the game against Czech Republic.

Cristiano looked like he can't do basic things and lost some basic coordination skills and it looks like the age caught him.

I'm really trying to put it on lack of match sharpness but currently it looks like a lot more than that.
He also got a big head collision at the start of the game. Wouldn't look too much into this performance.

Waynne

I don't think this slump in form is due to fitness.

Mentally he may not be 100% but I have faith he will turn it around and start banging in the goals for us.

SAF is the GOAT

Happy that I'm not the only one who noticed this

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He's also lost a lot of his United clout because of his pre-season shenanigans, which has made ten Hag's job of benching him so much easier and without any comeback. The real dilemma is that he probably does need to play more regularly to get his mojo back.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's also lost a lot of his United clout because of his pre-season shenanigans, which has made ten Hag's job of benching him so much easier and without any comeback. The real dilemma is that he probably does need to play more regularly to get his mojo back.
It is a dilemma indeed, as a commercial asset, ETH at some point will be forced to play him no matter what.

tenpoless

For his age, not joining preseason was the biggest mistake, as it snowballs to Ten Hag not choosing him, lack of game time, lack of match fitness and under pressure to proof to people what he has proven the season before.

Basically its just him being stupid, now ripping the rewards. Is Ronalso actually finished? I dont think so. Is Ronaldo feeling like a boomer among fortnite kids that make him question his own abilities? yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.