Cristiano Ronaldo - allowed to leave in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well, my friend, Jerry McGuire says Ronaldo is about as cheerful as a Greek Gestapo, and as soon as he leaves the true leader of this team will step up like Simba from the Lion King did in the movie.
Yes, we're all waiting for Maguire to show what he's made of.

poleglass red

unlikely unless somebody gets an injury to their main striker on deadline day

Most probably MLS though I could see him popping up for a short stints in Europe in the MLS off season (like Beckham and Zlatan did)
MLS would be an obvious choice, but he had some legal issues in the US, I wonder if that would deter him.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Only our owners would loan him out, pay his wages and sign a 1 year extension possibly with an increase in wage just to protect the value in the asset. :(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only our owners would loan him out, pay his wages and sign a 1 year extension possibly with an increase in wage just to protect the value in the asset. :(
No chance he gets an extension now.

He could potentially cancel his own contract in January with 6 months remaining, but I assume the club will take whatever offer they can.

Right now Ronaldo being here is doing more harm than good.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
No chance he gets an extension now.

He could potentially cancel his own contract in January with 6 months remaining, but I assume the club will take whatever offer they can.

Right now Ronaldo being here is doing more harm than good.
Yes I agree but we are owned by idiots so don’t put it past them.

Adam-Utd

Yes I agree but we are owned by idiots so don’t put it past them.
They're idiots but they're also about the money. I doubt the Ronaldo hypetrain has anymore fuel in it, especially when he isn't playing.

Paying him 500k a week to sit on the bench, throw his arms about and pull funny faces doesn't seem good business to me.

I think the bigger issue is who would actually take him? I just can't see any top level team he'd feel is 'his level' would want him, and is his ego really going to let him play for a lower side?

I genuinely think he should just take the payday offer now, head off to the middle east and earn a shit tonne more money and score a few easy tap ins. Retire gracefully.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Once he plays in the world cup, he might be done as a top level player. A final pay day in one of the Arab countries or LA would round off a nice career.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
They're idiots but they're also about the money. I doubt the Ronaldo hypetrain has anymore fuel in it, especially when he isn't playing.

Paying him 500k a week to sit on the bench, throw his arms about and pull funny faces doesn't seem good business to me.

I think the bigger issue is who would actually take him? I just can't see any top level team he'd feel is 'his level' would want him, and is his ego really going to let him play for a lower side?

I genuinely think he should just take the payday offer now, head off to the middle east and earn a shit tonne more money and score a few easy tap ins. Retire gracefully.
If he wants CL football he would have to go to a smaller league and play for one of the big teams in that league (Turkey, Belgium type leagues) but no way any team from a smaller league pays anything close to what he wants wage wise, so his options would be ME or MLS or back home to Portugal.

Adam-Utd

If he wants CL football he would have to go to a smaller league and play for one of the big teams in that league (Turkey, Belgium type leagues) but no way any team from a smaller league pays anything close to what he wants wage wise, so his options would be ME or MLS or back home to Portugal.
Can't go to the MLS because of the rape case.

Sporting said they didn't want him in the summer but maybe that was because of the costs involved. I really don't see him having a lot of his first choice options, so he will have to eat some humble pie.

I think this summer probably was the first time the penny dropped in that regard, he just isn't the man anymore.

Orange Tree

Best player ever and still has so much to offer. Please take him Boehly.

Red Royal

Come on Newcastle.... he is the giant name needed to kick off your oil era similar to Robhino did at Emptyhad (although CR7 would actually know the club he is joining).

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Sporting said they didn't want him in the summer but maybe that was because of the costs involved. I really don't see him having a lot of his first choice options, so he will have to eat some humble pie.

I think this summer probably was the first time the penny dropped in that regard, he just isn't the man anymore.
He could always go on tour with that Peterson chap…

RuudTom83

When he does eventually leave, I hope Roy and Rio show the same energy when he is not playing 90 minutes every week for his new club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s stuck here until his deal runs out. Then he’ll sign for some c-list club on half the wages he’s on now.

Rojofiam

my friend, christian rolando, says that ronaldo is actually a positive influence on the dressing room and all the players there love him and want to stay and are always telling him “i wish ten hag would leave so we could get a manager that really appreciates you and everything you are.”
Copypasta potential

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
my friend, christian rolando, says that ronaldo is actually a positive influence on the dressing room and all the players there love him and want to stay and are always telling him “i wish ten hag would leave so we could get a manager that really appreciates you and everything you are.”
That's funny. My friend who is a buddhist rolando, says that peace comes from within. Therefore ronaldo should retire and stop acting demickey.

Santos J

Don't think he'll go there anyway but the case was dismissed earlier this year so (I think?) he can now

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I never realized so many people here also know Christian Rolando

What are the odds? Also i can confirm the ferraris are true, he let me drove one once. Granted, it looked and drove more like an old fiat panda, but he assured me it was a ferrari! He also pointed at the girl who owned it too. Granted, she was like 50 yards away from us and never even glanced in our direction, but still

Real Name

Ta ra.

Saying that I hope we'll get a striker in January. At least as a stop gap.

CatsOfUlthar

I find this all quite sad really, he was one of the United greats, love him or loathe him, he hasn't had the messianic return he or any of us maybe though he would.

Seeing him lump it with the MLS or Saudi Arabia really strikes me as against type, it's his ego that stopped him going there already, and he clearly wants to play at something he considers the top level.

If I were him, and I can relate having flopped a trial at Swindon Town back when I was 15 of course, the consummate professional that I am... Call up Sporting, say "I want £100 a week, which I'll donate to charity, I don't mind playing a bit part, and I'd like to do my coaching badges with you".

For me that would be the fairytale, he doesn't need the money, and if you want to think about commercial and PR, it'd make you look great.

Last edited:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I have no doubt that he was allowed to leave in the summer as well. However, I can’t see where the overlap is between clubs that he would want to go to and clubs that would be willing to take him?

I know there were stories about Napoli in the summer but would he really go there? It would definitely be best for all parties involved if he moved on.
It's a venn diagram where one circle says 'clubs Ronaldo is willing to go to' and the other 'clubs who are willing to have Ronaldo'. The problem is there is about a mile of distance between both circles.

SATA

Probably already has an agreement with another club for his camp to come up with this. Wanna see him at Chelsea

Skills

Snitch
Incredibly silly to not let him go in the summer, if there were offers about

davidmichael

No one is going to sign him in January, he’ll leave on a free in the summer and rejoin Sporting or go to America.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sad way to bow out really. But he shouldn’t have been signed in the first place

Hozierstanks

ronaldo is now an old man. in the real world, outside of football, at his age he would be forced to give up his lands and wade out into the ocean until his feeble lungs filled with sea water and he drowned. the only thing he’s been drowning recently is in a sea of missed chances

Reactions: berbatrick

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
ronaldo is now an old man. in the real world, outside of football, at his age he would be forced to give up his lands and wade out into the ocean until his feeble lungs filled with sea water and he drowned. the only thing he’s been drowning recently is in a sea of missed chances
:lol:

mshnsh

I highly doubt any of the genuine CL contenders would take him in January and especially with his current form.

wr8_utd

:'(
Promote this poet.

Gazza

:lol: brilliant

colombianmancunian

He’ll finish the season with us. Hopefully can pick form mid season and be useful. Then he will go either to sporting or to MLS/Middle east.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I find this all quite sad really, he was one of the United greats, love him or loathe him, he hasn't had the messianic return he or any of us maybe though he would.

Seeing him lump it with the MLS or Saudi Arabia really strikes me as against type, it's his ego that stopped him going there already, and he clearly wants to play at something he considers the top level.

If I were him, and I can relate having flopped a trial at Swindon Town back when I was 15 of course, the consummate professional that I am... Call up Sporting, say "I want £100 a week, which I'll donate to charity, I don't mind playing a bit part, and I'd like to do my coaching badges with you".

For me that would be the fairytale, he doesn't need the money, and if you want to think about commercial and PR, it'd make you look great.
To be fair, every GOAT has to comes to terms when their career are approaching to an end. I think after this coming WC, he has some very tough decision to make.

If I were him, and if the situation at Man Utd doesn’t improve by then, I would probably move back to Portugal after the WC, maybe asking for 200k per week. The commercial revenues he brings to the club would have easily covered that.

Of course he could also move to Saudi Arabia for last big pay cheque, but I don’t think he would want it now, at least not until he reach his 40 (maybe in 2 years time).

Wing Attack Plan R

Fast track this person to the big show, please, mods and scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.