Cristiano Ronaldo - allowed to leave in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's so tiring reading about this. He could leave, but he'll still have the same issue in that nobody wants him. I'm just sick of hearing journos trying to make a headline as I'm pretty sure all parties would have been happy for him to go in the summer if an actual offer came in. We'll have to waive our transfer fee (if there even was one) and he will have to take a considerable pay cut and be open to rotation.

Cloud7

I have no doubt that he was allowed to leave in the summer as well. However, I can’t see where the overlap is between clubs that he would want to go to and clubs that would be willing to take him?

I know there were stories about Napoli in the summer but would he really go there? It would definitely be best for all parties involved if he moved on.

Bondi77

It is criminal paying a player the money we are paying him and the manager really doesn’t want him there.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
my friend, christian rolando, says that ronaldo is actually a positive influence on the dressing room and all the players there love him and want to stay and are always telling him “i wish ten hag would leave so we could get a manager that really appreciates you and everything you are.”

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Weird that every time we lose a game there’s a whole media circus about Ronaldo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wonder whether that means the club will let it happen for free/nominal value. That's the only way I see any big[ger] European club taking him, even in January. As Ducker states in the article, he 'could' have left this summer, but no concrete offers came in apart from Al Hilal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can easily see a few clubs taking a 6 months loan.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Is this a briefing from the club?

Ludens the Red

Weird that every time we lose a game there’s a whole media circus about Ronaldo.
Yup And that’s exactly why he needs to leave. We’re going to lose a lot of games this season. Our forwards are going to disappoint a lot this season and we don’t need the added ‘Ronaldo should have played, Ronaldo being disrespected’ narrative. Regardless of how merited that may be on occasions.
All these tedious pundits like Richards and Carragher retorting with ‘he doesn’t press and work hard’ when we’ve got Sancho and Rashford walking round the pitch, just so bored of the whole thing and every argument.

It’s clear Ten Haag feels moving forward Ronaldo isn’t in his plans so back him and just remove Ronaldo. And remove the Ronaldo circus.

Real_Knut

Angry United fans = money for clickbait journos
Probably true. I think lots of journalists have information which is either insubstantial or from very dubious sources. The story is only written when they know that it will attract a lot of clicks. One example is after United have lost a game, when a lot of United fans are looking for stories to be angry about and ABUs are looking for stories they can laugh at United for. Also, they regurgitate old information with new "angles" when they know "the time is right."

Perhaps that is why the press linked us to a thousand players after the losses to Brighton and Brentford? They may have had stories but decided not to publish until such a time that they would get the more exposure.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The silence lasted long. Of course he is allowed to leave, I bet the club wants him to leave (maybe not the owners).

Brophs

The One and Only
my friend, christian rolando, says that ronaldo is actually a positive influence on the dressing room and all the players there love him and want to stay and are always telling him “i wish ten hag would leave so we could get a manager that really appreciates you and everything you are.”
Plus he kissed like 9 girls but they all went to another school.

MrSingh2002

His once out of this world balance, touch, acceleration and finishing has gone. No club in the Champions League wants to accomodate a luxury striker who hasn't got those left. Only a club that wants to make a name for themselves or sell shirts will be interested now.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The Champions League ship had sailed for him in the summer. He’s not getting action in the knock out stages. Unless he swallows his pride, there’s nowhere for him to go.

I just feel bad for Portugal being forced to play him in the World Cup.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Plus he kissed like 9 girls but they all went to another school.
when i asked if i could meet any of them he was all “no, they are really popular and good looking and are busy being rich at the weekends and letting me drive their ferraris.”

kps88

Did he ever do that big interview he promised for 1st September, where he was going to "reveal the truth"?
Nope. Was probably advised that it wasn't the best idea when trying to win over ETH and work your way back into the team.

LARulz

Did he ever do that big interview he promised for 1st September, where he was going to "reveal the truth"?
Course not. He never got the move and would look even more stupid if he said it was all lies when he could have said it from the start

Instead he looks stupid and sold a dud by Mendes

suheilsworld

I’m still waiting for this. And I think his ego was the one who said that as he must’ve thought he would be out of the club by then and will give a grand tell all as to how we promised him something and didn’t deliver. Just because no one took him, he had to keep his mouth shut and sit on the bench. Can’t wait till he’s out of the club

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Premier League:
Only Chelsea would want him and there's no way we're selling to a top 4 rival.

Bundesliga:
Bayern and Dortmund are way too sensible with their transfers.

La Liga:
Not good enough for Real and Barca. Atletico fans already wrote a letter to the club warning against signing Ronaldo. He is simply unwanted.

Ligue 1:
Ronaldo would rather kill himself than to sit on the bench while Messi is playing.

If Ronaldo wants CL football and lots of playtime, then he will have to take a big pay cut and go back to Italy or Portugal. If this is not an option then I guess he will go to the US? Perhaps he can move in with Jordan Peterson.

kthanksbye

He's going to score 5 group stage goals in Qatar. 2 pens and 3 tap-ins. His stock will be high again. Someone will buy him. Hopefully.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
Well, my friend, Jerry McGuire says Ronaldo is about as cheerful as a Greek Gestapo, and as soon as he leaves the true leader of this team will step up like Simba from the Lion King did in the movie.

Brophs

The One and Only
when i asked if i could meet any of them he was all “no, they are really popular and good looking and are busy being rich at the weekends and letting me drive their ferraris.”
He said the same to me so his story checks out.

Smores

What clubs are Roy Keane talking about? He made it clear that he had insider knowledge that CR7 had options.
I could reasonably see that we blocked a Chelsea move and some interest without a fee.

The thing is the club were right not to sell him last summer as we were so short of options. Now we know he's fallen of a cliff so not worth keeping and it's the right time to sell.

We haven't sorted out the options issue though so we'll need a striker in January whether he stays or goes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think Ronaldo will be "only CL club" anymore and he'll be more open to just going where he'll play. No CL club wants him, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.