Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

He’s not our biggest concern. He’s a finisher still capable of scoring alongside many we are linked with. Born winner who some would consider now disruptive as he’s clearly unhappy with the situation he finds himself in. In an improved team could still have a very important part to play this season as main/rotation player. I think there is still one last throw of the dice for him with regards a positive season. And if you look back I wanted him gone a month ago. Sadly I just think there’s so many more pressing issues.

Fridge chutney

We finish second, he joins and we suddenly become terrible. Obviously not all his fault but he needs to go, based on recent trustworthy reports of his toxicity.

FerociousCorgis

honestly didnt have a problem with his supposed "attitude" last game. Looked one of the few who was kind of trying. Still not good enough but wasnt the worst culprit. And yeah he looked pissed watching goal after goal from powerhouse brentford, what do you expect? Just another fecked up situation we have put ourselves in this window that couldve been avoided.

MrEleson

Interesting that you only focus on that one part of my reply. Are you really being this obtuse? Over the past 15 years, you haven't heard of reports Ronaldo is being difficult? Or did you choose to ignore all of that under the "fake news" excuse? Here is a link from Bonucci and another from Buffon who admittedly revised his opinion which still suggests the man comes with baggage. Even our own players when he was here in his first stint were fed up with him until he started scoring and being one of the greatest players in the world, that's when their feelings about his attitude turned into begrudging tolerance and later admiration for his single-mindedness, determination blabla ... Once his performances dipped, he was always going to have nothing to fall back on.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-juventus-man-utd-25250834

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ronaldo-comments-man-united-juventus-22619574
You must be the one that is being obtuse or just lack basic reading comprehension. From none of those articles you posted did they complain of his supposed bad character or disruptive attitude in the changing rooms. All they alluded to was that Juve played differently because of Ronaldo’s presence (which is pretty normal when you have someone of that stature in your team). Whether that was for the better or worse for the team is another discussion.
Here’s Bonucci’s full quote:

Which also ties into what Buffon says about “Juventus DNA” ; players began to slack and put less effort in when he was around.

Here’s what he had to say about Ronaldo as an everyday colleague:

Also, your point about Ronaldo being a problem before he became good is bullcrap. You hear Ferdinand and even Keane constantly praising his dedication in training from the first moment he arrived. Keane never has a bad word to say about him (and he notoriously fell out with almost everyone) despite leaving Utd before Ronaldo actually became great.

You’re also saying he’s annoying now that he has no quality to fall back on. Well from what I saw last year, he was better than anyone on the team, so unless they can improve dramatically, they’re in no position to point fingers at anybody.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

Indeed, there were major issues with Ronaldo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy. IIRC I think Ruud gave him a black eye in training but Ronaldo exploded shortly after and it was Ruud that was shown the door.
He had issues with Ramos and Marcelo at Madrid. Rooney and Giggs didn't seem to like him when he was here and both omit him when they mention their all time best United x1 lists. This current United squad can't seem to stand him.
Bonucci has already spoken about his attitude when he was at Juve.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Gas craic people who have been shitting on Ronaldo to the extent of having 200 posts in this thread are the same ones complaining about Goldbridge having an agenda though :lol:.

RedDevil@84

Caf when people talk in support of Ronaldo: We finished second without him.

Caf when people talk about Ole finishing second: Lowest points, fluke, blah blah... Insignificant.

And all this talk about finishing second without him, do you guys seriously think that our players play like shit because of one player who is disliked in the team?

OverratedOpinion

You must be the one that is being obtuse or just lack basic reading comprehension. From none of those articles you posted did they complain of his supposed bad character or disruptive attitude in the changing rooms. All they alluded to was that Juve played differently because of Ronaldo’s presence (which is pretty normal when you have someone of that stature in your team). Whether that was for the better or worse for the team is another discussion.
Here’s Bonucci’s full quote:

Which also ties into what Buffon says about “Juventus DNA” ; players began to slack and put less effort in when he was around.

Here’s what he had to say about Ronaldo as an everyday colleague:

Also, your point about Ronaldo being a problem before he became good is bullcrap. You hear Ferdinand and even Keane constantly praising his dedication in training from the first moment he arrived. Keane never has a bad word to say about him (and he notoriously fell out with almost everyone) despite leaving Utd before Ronaldo actually became great.

You’re also saying he’s annoying now that he has no quality to fall back on. Well from what I saw last year, he was better than anyone on the team, so unless they can improve dramatically, they’re in no position to point fingers at anybody.
No one can say you aren't loyal :lol:

OverratedOpinion

Caf when people talk about Ole finishing second: Lowest points, fluke, blah blah... Insignificant.

And all this talk about finishing second without him, do you guys seriously think that our players play like shit because of one player who is disliked in the team?
I think having someone who slows down most of our attacks and is by all accounts toxic in the dressing room doesn't help us.

RedDevil@84

I think having someone who slows down most of our attacks and is by all accounts toxic in the dressing room doesn't help us.
Not that I believe all this talk about him being the only toxic in the dressing room, but let us not pour all our problems at Ronaldo's feet. From the way the club is run, to transfers, to having below average to shit players in midfield and defense (including GK), the problems are much more than just Ronaldo being toxic.

Ted Lasso

Super toxic:

Players had to think twice about eating chips and getting dessert.

:lol: I'll be happy to see the backs of every one of these weak numpties, and the Glazers first and foremost

OverratedOpinion

Super toxic:

Players had to think twice about eating chips and getting dessert.

:lol: I'll be happy to see the backs of every one of these weak numpties, and the Glazers first and foremost
Yes Cristiano Ronaldo has never shown himself to be a toxic personality. Forget that he literally was arguing with the new coach less than 2 weeks ago in the most public way possible. 2 weeks that is how far we need to go back :lol:

Member 101269

As far as i'm concerned it seems to look like they're continuing to down tools.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Ruud made a comment about his recently deceased dad in training
They had an argument about a foul, and Cristiano got whiny and started to storm off, and Ruud said: “go crying to your daddy”. It was indeed not long after the passing of his father, but RVN was referring to Fergie as his dad.

Inconsiderate and unfortunate timing, but not malicious.

Anyway, this was the catalyst for United to ease Ruud out and start winning trophies again. Crazy that we only won 1 league in 5 seasons with Ruud, in a time when we were dominating.

MrEleson

He had issues with Ramos and Marcelo at Madrid. Rooney and Giggs didn't seem to like him when he was here and both omit him when they mention their all time best United x1 lists. This current United squad can't seem to stand him.
Bonucci has already spoken about his attitude when he was at Juve.
Well that’s a lie. Marcelo happened to be his best friend at Madrid if you bothered to do the simplest research. And Giggs did put him in his all-time XI when he did it. Rooney never had a problem with him when they played together and even rubbished the press storm that came after the World Cup in 2006. It’s crazy to think what nonsense would’ve have been made up if social media was around back then.

Fridge chutney

Two years ago is irrelevant, for now. Yet you and others keep bringing it up.
How is it irrelevant in a discussion about Ronaldo's influence on United, given that he joined then? Perhaps you are the one shying away from inconvenient facts...

Ladron de redcafe

Well that’s a lie. Marcelo happened to be his best friend at Madrid if you bothered to do the simplest research. And Giggs did put him in his all-time XI when he did it. Rooney never had a problem with him when they played together and even rubbished the press storm that came after the World Cup in 2006. It’s crazy to think what nonsense would’ve have been made up if social media was around back then.
Buddy, there were plenty of articles about Ronaldo throwing a tantrum when Marcelo called Messi the best player in the world. It's even in Torres' book.

Giggs literally gave his all time list and omitted him. https://www.legit.ng/sports/football/1319049-ryan-giggs-ignores-ronaldo-top-man-utd-team-mates-time/

As did Rooney. Read up a little, and then get back.

clarkydaz

They had an argument about a foul, and Cristiano got whiny and started to storm off, and Ruud said: “go crying to your daddy”. It was indeed not long after the passing of his father, but RVN was referring to Fergie as his dad.

Anyway, this was the catalyst for United to ease Ruud out and start winning trophies again. Crazy that we only won 1 league in 5 seasons with Ruud, in a time when we were dominating.
sure i recall it was to the coach Queiroz, who of course is Portugese. Which is a bit more close to the bone, not that relevant now though as people want him gone!

Ladron de redcafe

Two years ago is irrelevant, for now. Yet you and others keep bringing it up.
Not sure what you find confounding but the poster you quoted was pointing out the drastic difference in the level of play between the team that had just finished 2nd when Ronaldo joined and then immediately stunk up the place the moment he came and the attack was built around him.

Member 101269

How is it irrelevant in a discussion about Ronaldo's influence on United, given that he joined then? Perhaps you are the one shying away from inconvenient facts...
What facts? Perhaps you mean your veiwpoint.

If you want current; go look at the first two games of this season, Ronaldo isn't the issue.

mu4c_20le

Classical Mechanic

Wasn't that the explosion point? I think there was beef with them for a while. Only going from memory but Ruud really didn't like him and thought that he wasn't passing him the ball during games.

MrEleson

Buddy, there were plenty of articles about Ronaldo throwing a tantrum when Marcelo called Messi the best player in the world. It's even in Torres' book.

Giggs literally gave his all time list and omitted him. https://www.legit.ng/sports/football/1319049-ryan-giggs-ignores-ronaldo-top-man-utd-team-mates-time/

As did Rooney. Read up a little, and then get back.
Share me those articles?

Marcelo is literally his best friend in football.

And I don’t know where you got that article from regarding Giggs.

Here is him putting Ronaldo in his best ever XI here:

Status
Not open for further replies.