Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissgenius

Yeah, without all of his goals, we'd be last..... can't hear that anymore ffs.
He knows that we wouldn't have had to play with 10 men without him?
It's like saying without De Gea we would've conceded 200 goals and got relegated.

Ladron de redcafe

Share me those articles?

Marcelo is literally his best friend in football.

And I don’t know where you got that article from regarding Giggs.

Here is him putting Ronaldo in his best ever XI here:

Buddy I literally just posted Giggs omitting him.
Marcelo being a close friend now doesn't change the fact that Ronaldo threw a tantrum because Marcelo dared to say that the other guy was simply better. It's in Diego Torres' 2013 book.

It's available on amazon. Read up.

Classical Mechanic

They're best mates.

Piers absolutely loves Ronaldo. He is the embodiment of how Piers believes all athletes should be. Massive narcissists like him. I'm not trying to have a dig here but I think that's why Piers loves him so much. You always hear Morgan slagging off athletes that complain about their mental health etc.

Member 101269

Not sure what you find confounding but the poster you quoted was pointing out the drastic difference in the level of play between the team that had just finished 2nd when Ronaldo joined and then immediately stunk up the place the moment he came and the attack was built around him.
Like i said two years ago is irrelevant for the performance this season. The is zero proven evidence that Ronaldo stunk up the place, and i don't buy into a attack with Ronaldo in it being Ronaldo as the problem. I doubt it was Ronaldos decision. Nor is it Ronaldos fault how DDG and other defends perform.

Ladron de redcafe

Like i said two years ago is irrelevant for the performance this season. The is zero proven evidence that Ronaldo stunk up the place, and i don't buy into a attack with Ronaldo in it being Ronaldo as the problem. I doubt it was Ronaldos decision. Nor is it Ronaldos fault how DDG and other defends perform.
Yes, the team magically went from 2nd to our worst points total in the premier league era when he came by... coincidence. Has absolutely nothing to do with building the attack against a man who can't be arsed to move around the pitch. Brilliant stuff here.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Forget about a fee, as long as a club can cover his wages, get rid.

Unfortunately no one can cover his bastard wages.... I still hold out hope he goes to Chelsea, though I highly doubt it

Ted Lasso

Yes Cristiano Ronaldo has never shown himself to be a toxic personality. Forget that he literally was arguing with the new coach less than 2 weeks ago in the most public way possible. 2 weeks that is how far we need to go back :lol:
You and I have very different perspectives. Your focus is on the petulance of a guy, all professional accomplishments aside, has serious rape allegations against him. Arguing with coaches is your biggest issue. Moot to me in context.

The myopia on one particular player here is extremely short sighted and it is a cop out on the bigger issues with the group as a whole.

I think Ronaldo should have been let leave this summer, yes. But if he's staying that's hardly the most critical focus right now when you see the lack of on field commitment from every entitled and heartless player on the pitch.

The United PR machine is running quite well it seems getting fans worked up over a scapegoat. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised - it's worked for the Glazers for almost a decade.

Ladron de redcafe

Ruud made a comment about his recently deceased dad in training
Not quite. Ronaldo wouldn't pass the ball in training so Van Nistrelrooy confronted him. As they went went back and forth, Ruud told him to to his "father", pointing at Quiroz (because he felt that Quieroz gave him special treatment).

Member 101269

Yes, the team magically went from 2nd to our worst points total in the premier league era when he came by... coincidence. Has absolutely nothing to do with building the attack against a man who can't be arsed to move around the pitch. Brilliant stuff here.
The very man that didnt move around the pitch when united conceded two against Brighton, on the August 7th in the first half. then the team scored in the second half? The very man wtat passed the ball out of goal to conceded a goal, or didnt dive and collectly, as a team, didnt run against Brentford

Fridge chutney

What facts? Perhaps you mean your veiwpoint.

If you want current; go look at the first two games of this season, Ronaldo isn't the issue.
Except they are citing his dressing room influence... So perhaps he still is one of the issues. I will believe ETH on this matter.

Ladron de redcafe

The very man that didnt move around the pitch when united conceded two against Brighton, on the August 7th in the first. then scored in the second half? The very man why past the ball out of goal, or didnt dive and collectly, as a team, didnt run against Brentford
Not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

OverratedOpinion

You and I have very different perspectives. Your focus is on the petulance of a guy, all professional accomplishments aside, has serious rape allegations against him. Arguing with coaches is your biggest issue. Moot to me in context.

The myopia on one particular player here is extremely short sighted and it is a cop out on the bigger issues with the group as a whole.

I think Ronaldo should have been let leave this summer, yes. But if he's staying that's hardly the most critical focus right now when you see the lack of on field commitment from every entitled and heartless player on the pitch.

The United PR machine is running quite well it seems getting fans worked up over a scapegoat. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised - it's worked for the Glazers for almost a decade.
He is not a scapegoat for unjust reasons.

His performances have been subpar and slowed down our attack/made it extremely predictable.

I went for the most recent because it's the most recent.

Mindhunter

He is not a scapegoat for unjust reasons.

His performances have been subpar and slowed down our attack/made it extremely predictable.

I went for the most recent because it's the most recent.
Well we knew what we were getting when we bought him. He needs faster and more productive players behind him to be effective. We had none of that yet we wet our pants when rumors were flying about Man City buying him.

This is what happens when you don't have a strategy. No point blaming him as he has always been like this. We can criticize him for unprofessionalism as he came back late from the break and without full fitness.

Thom Merrilin

He needs to go, even if we can't bring in a striker to replace him. If the rumors are true and he's arguing against the coaches tactics he just has to leave or be made to train alone/with the reserves.

Imagine how the players who look up to him must feel seeing their idol push back against ETH. Who are they more likely to side with? Even if those players don't publicly admit it, it all contributes to players not buying into the new coach/system.

Infestissumam

And scored a lot more goals. 73 - 57
same thing happened at Juventus ... they went from 86 to 70, with him scoring the bulk of them (21). Not saying you can put all of that squarely on Ronaldo, but it's hard to completely dismiss this either. Every single one of our attacking players has regressed after we brought him back.

saik

Why would Ronaldo even care when he wants to leave? :lol:

Fridge chutney

they're still stories, they're not objective.
In that case nothing is objective except the fact that our precipitous decline from Europa League finalists and finishing second in the league started upon Cristiano's arrival.

I hope he leaves asap.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Why would Ronaldo even care when he wants to leave? :lol:
Can you imagine the brass balls on some of those players saying we need better players, assuming they won't be the ones replaced.

bakalhau

He had issues with Ramos and Marcelo at Madrid. Rooney and Giggs didn't seem to like him when he was here and both omit him when they mention their all time best United x1 lists. This current United squad can't seem to stand him.
Bonucci has already spoken about his attitude when he was at Juve.
Ladron, thanks for pointing out that story with Marcelo, that one I wasn't aware of, seen it's in a book by another player, that's always a good source for some interesting tidbits. But you have to know how to separate normal stuff from truly toxic stuff. They're still best friends despite the info you shared. And it was very clear how much they love each other every day on the field. Relationships aren't this black or white, and you know that from your own personal life, surely. He and Ramos surely clashed many times, they're both born winners and with massive self confidence (or ego if you wanna use that word). And yet it was also quite clear they both respected each other hugely, and they still went on to win 4 Champion Leagues together. Clashing, arguing, throwing fits is part of any normal group of human ebings that needs to fight for a common goal.

There will always be some tidbits from other players that aren't positive about him, but yet at the same time we can't find anyone out there clearly stating he disrupted an entire locker room for a long period of time. In fact we can find way more information of his positive influence in the dressing room, and much more easily. People in here like to jump on Mr Eleson because he doesn't hide that he is biased (I'm just as biased, but I try to be the most level headed person and post in way that the conversation level is improved, so as to go against the flow of the Ronaldo threads), but just above in one of his posts, a Juventus player was talking pretty positive things about him not behaving like superstar and acting like a normal person, and showing willigness to work with everyone regardless of their status, experience, or age.

I'm not directly targeting you in the sense that there's issues in a locker room with Ronaldo. I'm saying:
1. As with any normal human group, most of these issues fall within what it's expected when you spend 10 year at a football club and work alongside 100 other players
2. Social relations can't be reduced so much, because we know they're complex. And the Marcelo example perfectly embodies that.

saik

Can you imagine the brass balls on some of those players saying we need better players, assuming they won't be the ones replaced.
Yea except Ronaldo(who is open to debate), all the others have to take a hard look at their own performances from the last season first before SOSing for new players. Thick fecks. :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It’s Piers morgan, you numbnuts. His tweets purpose is to rile up those sensitive football fans.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Happy to move on Ronaldo if he's stroppy in the dressing room.

Any player thats toxic should just be frozen out. Back the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.