Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Never heard such pathetic bullshit before
Surely no coincidence that our team has gone to shit twice after Ronaldo is introduced into the squad. When he signed (I think it was the catalyst they led to Ole's sacking) and then when he returned to the squad after his 'personal issues' this summer.

Last edited:

Oldtraffordboy

He's got nothing in common with the rest of the squad, except maybe the Portuguese lads and varane.

He's an old man on the way out, despite his goals, who's done it all, worked with the best, now playing with guys who are years his junior and absolutely rubbish.

I can understand why he hates it, and I can understand why everybody else's morale has been affected by his behaviour.

It's best for everyone this ends now, IF we can get another striker in

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Surely no coincidence that our team has gone to shit twice after Ronaldo is introduced into the squad. When he signed (I think it was the catalyst they led to Ole's sacking) and then when he returned to the squad after his 'personal issues' this summer.
Neh come on, if the players are that bent out of shape just cos they're upset Ronaldo is back and can no longer perform then they need to get out too?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Can you please post at least a vague summary so that his most ardent supporters can stop blindly supporting him?
Not posting publicly except to say he’s toxic as feck. If you want more info PM and I can give you a little more.

reelworld

United should offer Ronaldo leave by mutual consent the moment Ronaldo made it known that he wants to leave. It should be the right thing to do for both party.
Ronaldo can choose his next club and United can rebuild with younger players that fits the current tactics more.
Keeping him here does no one any good.
Ronaldo can't chase his personal goals, and United can't move forward with their tactics. It should be a no brainer at that point. If Murtough and Arnold are scared of the optics from the fans if they let Ronaldo go, they shouldn't be in this job

LordSpud

Another reason I hope he goes is that he brings in so much money for the club in merch and stuff. Remember the backlog for the shirt sales last year? He is currently the one true money spinner for the club, the only one except Varane and de Gea who has actually won anything. If he goes, its another problem for the Glazers.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As with Ole and Pogba, there’s no fairytale for the club to cling to. We won’t make the Champions League next year (or at least we won’t stand a chance of winning the Europa League with a player who thinks it’s beneath him). This will be Ronaldo’s last season here. The only way they’re getting a movie made out of this is if it’s a spiritual successor to The Damned United.

HERBIEUTD

But he was the only one who was showing passion against Brentford, not arguing for him to stay but he wants to win games whilst most of that Utd squad( not calling them players) looked as if it was just another result and ah well! On a side note why was'nt De gea wearing a cap?

Last edited:

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
As with Ole and Pogba, there’s no fairytale for the club to cling to. We won’t make the Champions League next year (or at least we won’t stand a chance of winning the Europa League with a player who thinks it’s beneath him). This will be Ronaldo’s last season here. The only way they’re getting a movie made out of this is if it’s a spiritual successor to The Damned United.
Edam United?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I'm shocked at how your manager has dealt with him, and this entire situation. What a terrible precedence to set.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
In what sense?
If someone with a hugely chequered past is throwing a hissy fit mere months into the biggest rebuilding project of your career, you lay down the gauntlet, not mollify their fecking ego.

Should've made him train with the U-21s and shipped him out ignominiously for being a first class prat.

Real Name

If someone with a hugely chequered past is throwing a hissy fit mere months into the biggest rebuilding project of your career, you lay down the gauntlet, not mollify their fecking ego.

Should've made him train with the U-21s and shipped him out ignominiously for being a first class prat.
Actually I agree, I guess it's not that easy with a player of this calibre.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think a lot of the fog the likes of rashford, Maguire and Shaw are playing with is due to some internal issue with Ronaldo. I mean, these lads struggled from a lack of talent but they never downed their tools in terms of effort for Solskjær until he showed up. It’ll be a night and day the game after he eventually goes. His effort and attitude is septic right now. It’s also why no other club wants to touch him with a 20 foot pole despite guaranteed 20 or so goals.
Oh comeo. Rashford has been shit for the past 18 months, Maguire given us 1 year of decent football and Shaw had given us even less then that. These players had downed tools long ago. There's a level of complacency at United that had survived the past 2 managers and was inherited by ETH as well. We have a squad who know that United can't replace them and wouldn't mind throwing anyone under the bus who irk them.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Oh comeo. Rashford has been shit for the past 18 months, Maguire given us 1 year of decent football and Shaw had given us even less then that. These players had downed tools long ago. There's a level of complacency at United that had survived the past 2 managers and was inherited by ETH as well. We have a squad who know that United can't replace them and wouldn't mind throwing anyone under the bus who irk them.
Rashford should be sold and Shaw won’t be starting ahead of Malacia for much longer.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don’t know what this comment means? But I’m assuming you’re one of those fanboy Ronaldo defenders who lives in cuckoo land.
If you knew my post history you would know I'm not a Ronaldo fan boy. I'm just trying to get a mental picture of Ronaldo running in circles and flapping his arms about.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's got nothing in common with the rest of the squad, except maybe the Portuguese lads and varane.

He's an old man on the way out, despite his goals, who's done it all, worked with the best, now playing with guys who are years his junior and absolutely rubbish.

I can understand why he hates it, and I can understand why everybody else's morale has been affected by his behaviour.

Well said. He came back thinking we could genuinely challenge for the top trophies, and let's be honest the squad at the beginning of last year certainly looked capable.

But it's turned out the players we thought would step on like Shaw, Rashord, Bruno have regressed. Two top talents like Greenwood and Pogba are gone and Sancho and Varane have done feck all. We now have a steaming pile of garbage and Ronaldo wants nothing to do with it. He may or may not have a genuine soft spot for Utd ( personally I doubt it) but he definitely doesn't seem to like this group he has to work with.

Judas

Open to offers
The way Dalot seems to pass him the ball even when Ronaldo's on the bench, I very very much doubt he eats lunch alone. Some of this squad clearly look up to him. Clearly not all.

Real Name

Well said. He came back thinking we could genuinely challenge for the top trophies, and let's be honest the squad at the beginning of last year certainly looked capable.

But it's turned out the players we thought would step on like Shaw, Rashord, Bruno have regressed. Two top talents like Greenwood and Pogba are gone and Sancho and Varane have done feck all. We now have a steaming pile of garbage and Ronaldo wants nothing to do with it. He may or may not have a genuine soft spot for Utd ( personally I doubt it) but he definitely doesn't seem to like this group he has to work with.
@Mickeza, this one is definitely a fan.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Who else do we have?

injured martial, goal shy rashford and I can’t think of who else would be a no. 9

we are such a laughing stock right now
It doesn’t matter. You take short term pain (I mean we lost 4-0 anyway and everyone downed tools again) rather than completely undermining your own authority to the others. We all said having an unhappy Ronaldo - someone who everyone will look up to - in that dressing room is a fecking disaster. He’s bigger than ETH. Get him the feck out.

AndySmith1990

He's refered to as professional. A professional would pass down wisdom and knowledge and help guide young players, no matter if they were rubbish or not. There's no excuse for him throwing tantrums and behaving like a moody teenager just because he isn't getting his own way. I don't care how bad we are, he's paid incredibly well for the privilege of playing for United and he should fecking get on with it like an adult until his agent can find him a suitable club.

Idxomer

Who else do we have?

injured martial, goal shy rashford and I can’t think of who else would be a no. 9

we are such a laughing stock right now
Does it matter? We lose with him anyway.

Play 4-4-2 with Sancho and Rashford up front like Carrick did against Chelsea last season, play Garnacho or even Amad and put Rashford as a striker or vice versa. Any option instead of playing this man-child or having him in the squad is better now.

SirMonteyne

there is a massive issue among our squad players, clearly young and some of the senior players look up to him but some don't. I suspect a few names who are playing politics in a dressing room.

Real Name

Some of his fans were telling was that drama which comes with him is made up. Now there's drama even if he plays. Oh the joy.

Oh I guess it's perfectly normal if he questons the managers tactics.

ForeverRed1

If he leaves, watch the mood change in this squad. As much as I love him for the past, this isn’t good for the club right now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He was dealt a tough hand. Firstly, nobody actually wants Ronaldo (trust me, it looks like Mendes has been trying everywhere and everyone). Secondly, ten Hag already has so many other tactical headaches to deal with, I think he thought he could just give it the one season where Ronaldo would stay and contribute some goals, then feck off. Thirdly, if we let him go, we only have an injury prone Martial in the back. We started a PL season with Christian Eriksen as a false 9, ffs. Lastly, new manager isolating Man Utd’s “best” and most loved player before he started doing all this would’ve gone down like a lead balloon with the fans and the club. Rumours are that Joel Glazer is trying to veto any move.

I personally agree with you, honestly I never wanted him back to begin with. I just do think there is some logic and soundness in what ten Hag tried to do. He just didn’t account for Ronaldo being the absolute thundercnut he is (naivety perhaps? That naivety has pervaded his tactical setups so far).

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think we still have to keep him. He's still our best striker. Even though he doesn't want be here he has to give his best to stay relevant at his age and be in form for the wc.

kunal18

Ronaldo is responsible for the GK howler against Brentford or the other 3 goals shipped or the first 45 against Brighton where he wasn't even playing.
Regardless of whether he stays or goes, trying to scapegoat him for running 3 miles less than the opposition and being shit for a period of 10 years barring a few spells in between is not going to help at all.
I think whoever these average teammates of his are, who have won nothing and who are capable of winning nothing and are leaking stuff to the media need to be dealt with by Ten Hag.
As for Ronaldo, Ten Hag needs to make sporting decision on whether he has any alternatives apart from playing Eriksen as false 9, I doubt he has.
May be till he gets some options like an inform Martial or some new striker signing , he will have to rely on Ronaldo to come to form.

Idxomer

I think we still have to keep him. He's still our best striker. Even though he doesn't want be here he has to give his best to stay relevant at his age and be in form for the wc.
He's our best goalscorer, but not our best striker because he still can't play the position at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.