Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

Don’t think he gets a start until the window closes. If he leaves so be it. But if he stays, he will end up starting eventually. Over Rashford as CF anyway. Good your ETH for also starting his authority.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
How about…

PSV reach the CL

United sign Gakpo. Then give them Ronnie for free. They can use the Gakpo fee to pay Ronnies wages

Nistelrooy and Ronnie reunite and make up. Ronaldo gets CL football and a chance to win the title in another country. Ronaldo puts PSV on the map. United get Gakpo. Gakpo gets a big move

Wins all around
But Gakpo is shite

IhabX7

Hope he gets some minutes and scores to kickstart the season. He will be very useful if he stays.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
i'd almost prefer a mutual termination of contract and we just go our separate ways...obviously not going to happen, but he's a waste of a bench space. We also need to get a striker if we hopefully give up on antony and have some money to splash.
That's the way i see it. 15m (his transfer fee) is nothing compares to the positives. We've wasted money way more than that on not selling Pogba and Lingard.

But then, Ronaldo leaving means forcing them to buy a replacement striker.

DutchCruijff

Goes to Rashford as #9 over Ronaldo despite the former neither (a) pressing, (b) lacking movement and (c) being trash overall.

It baffles me. Management is about managing those that don't want to be here or are upset.

He doesn't want to be here, I've lost respect for him but we NEED a #9.

Theonas

Scout
I'd say younger version of Ronaldo is very exciting to watch, so many tricks, with electrifying footwork and speed etc while the older version of him is more comparable to Djokovic in tennis, and mostly about mentality and consistence to reach such extraordinary numbers and achievements.
Agreed. Young Ronaldo was also one of those get fans off seats stuff. He made a decision at some point in his career though that he wanted to be the best. When he had Messi to compete with, the only way he was going to be in the conversation was if he had the numbers. Whereas someone with the natural instincts of Messi could marry both that excitement and the numbers, the reality is that Ronaldo could not. He had to go in his own direction and I have a lot of respect for the dedication and always understanding of his capabilities. He extracted the most any player could extract from their talent and did manage to be in the conversation with a one off freak in Messi. That has to be respected and even looked up to because the mental energy it takes is extraordinary.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Agreed. Young Ronaldo was also one of those get fans off seats stuff. He made a decision at some point in his career though that he wanted to be the best. When he had Messi to compete with, the only way he was going to be in the conversation was if he had the numbers. Whereas someone with the natural instincts of Messi could marry both that excitement and the numbers, the reality is that Ronaldo could not. He had to go in his own direction and I have a lot of respect for the dedication and always understanding of his capabilities. He extracted the most any player could extract from their talent and did manage to be in the conversation with a one off freak in Messi. That has to be respected and even looked up to because the mental energy it takes is extraordinary.
Yes big part of reason is to win more Ballon D'ors, hence his game focus more on goals as his progress further in his career. But I think another reason is because he wants to avoid any serious injuries (ie getting kicked from dribbling), which again may affect his chance on winning more Ballon D'ors.

The first turning point of his football style after he was out injured for months during his first season in Real. Before his knee injuries he avg dribble stats was around 3 to 4 per game, after he was back from his knee injury, he trim this part of his game down to avg around 2 dribble per game.

Of course the 2nd turning point is when he is about to reach 30, he completely change his game to poacher style in order to maintain his high numbers while taking full advantage from his team strong midfield support. I think from this point he has completely move away from exciting game, but at the same time, he has won more Ballon D'ors and CL after he hit his 30's too.

Theonas

Scout
Yes big part of reason is to win more Ballon D'ors, hence his game focus more on goals as his progress further in his career. But I think another reason is because he wants to avoid any serious injuries (ie getting kicked from dribbling), which again may affect his chance on winning more Ballon D'ors.

The first turning point of his football style after he was out injured for months during his first season in Real. Before his knee injuries he avg dribble stats was around 3 to 4 per game, after he was back from his knee injury, he trim this part of his game down to avg around 2 dribble per game.

Of course the 2nd turning point is when he is about to reach 30, he completely change his game to poacher style in order to maintain his high numbers while taking full advantage from his team strong midfield support. I think from this point he has completely move away from exciting game, but at the same time, he has won more Ballon D'ors and CL after he hit his 30's too.
Interesting about the injury part, I did not know that. But it does fit to what we are talking about. I think he just started giving that vibe that it's about numbers and accolades and yes that is for every footballer, but with him, it did feel a bit disproportionate when it came at the expense of that pure almost childish love for the game, especially when we are talking about someone who did have that talent in abundance. He made a sacrifice and that's why in my view, he can't be surprised that that direction is going to leave some people a bit cold, admirers but not lovers.

FujiVice

He's been absolutely shocking today. Completely out of ideas when he gets it. Need to get rid.

rajds89

Leave now please (and take your fan boys with you). The decline is evident, absolute stinker of a cameo.

binary bot
Trying to get Ronaldo a goal whilst increasing the risk of conceding is one of the more bizarre situations in football.

AaronRedDevil

This guy is starting to look like a football player who’s done. Can’t dribble or pass. Won’t even attempt to actually try and put the team first with his intentional shit pass to Rashford.

The Hilton

He's shot, barely contributes anything, at least the way we're looking to play. Wasted a couple of really promising opportunities with poor passing/control, couldn't hold up the ball, didn't look interested.

If we could move him on we'll be better off, we should have let him go to City a couple of years ago.

MichaelRed

If he leaves we need at least 2 in. People can talk all their shit but he won the majority of our balls forward, I can't remember Rashford winning a single one all game. Ronaldo doesn't shirk a 50/50, Rashford hides from every phyiscal duel. Martial will be injured most of the season & we will have no option through the middle if Ronaldo leaves.

Nero

That was the kind of performance from a testimonial/charity game 10 years after retirement.

Theonas

Scout
His overall play is no different to his performances over the last couple of years. The only difference is that he still has that incredible goalscoring instinct that helps him register enough goals if he is on a football pitch long enough. Those goals have been masking how slow and ineffective he is in every other area for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.