Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.

Moriarty

Possibly but will the son have the same level of desire to succeed and to be the best, I doubt it.
I'd say that, if anything, his dad's example would have rubbed off on him, but Ronnie grew up dirt-poor on Madeira whereas junior has known nothing but the good life.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd say that, if anything, his dad's example would have rubbed off on him, but Ronnie grew up dirt-poor on Madeira whereas junior has known nothing but the good life.
Beckham was a very hard worker, are his sons cut from the same cloth?

Being born into huge wealth and not needing to fight for anything usually doesn't make them push that extra 10% needed.

Perhaps Jr will be an exception though.

Moriarty

Beckham was a very hard worker, are his sons cut from the same cloth?

Being born into huge wealth and not needing to fight for anything usually doesn't make them push that extra 10% needed.

Perhaps Jr will be an exception though.
It doesn't usually happen that way does it? As my old gran used to say, anything worth having is worth working for.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It doesn't usually happen that way does it? As my old gran used to say, anything worth having is worth working for.
There's no coincidence a lot of the top footballers are born into very poor conditions and work their way up right?

I know that's not a hard rule, but a lot of motivation comes from wanting to change theirs's and their families lives economically.

Beckham had his sons in the top football academies in the world, but they preferred to be socialites instead.

Bigsid

That's him. Expect the lad will be reaching puberty soon.
What hasn't the Club learned putting in effect 10 and 11 year old primary school children in the glare of the media. Psychological damage on children at those ages is untold of they end up not playing and odds would say that's hugely unlikely. Given Greenwood's recent behaviour im amazed at the club and its traditions that we have allowed this. Typical of our decline.

OldRed1

What hasn't the Club learned putting in effect 10 and 11 year old primary school children in the glare of the media. Psychological damage on children at those ages is untold of they end up not playing and odds would say that's hugely unlikely. Given Greenwood's recent behaviour im amazed at the club and its traditions that we have allowed this. Typical of our decline.
Don't think the club did that, I think it was done in Australia prior to him joining.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The club never put him in the glare of the media, nor do they put any 10 or 11 year old in the glare of the media. In fact, Rhain has specifically stated the club and coaches did well to shield him from the attention.

The club don't control Cristiano's girlfriend's instagram. Nor did they control Rhain's father's youtube publishing Rhain's highlights which created the media story around him. All attention on him disappeared within a year of joining United, showing they did nothing to put him in the media.

Given you're hate for everything the club and academy do and love of all things City, I'm amazed you don't just go support them. Typical of your posts.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Not sure this is true.

I can't remember any 10/11 year old player that United have put in front of 'the glare of the media' for any reason.

LInkash

If Sr leaves, I'm guessing he'd take Jr with him? :(

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
They look so happy for him, lovely celebration.

SirAF

Ageist
Karna is still here, after Ole's departure from the club, so I don't see why the same couldn't happen with Ronaldo jnr.
Yeah, but Karna is 19 and Jr is only 11. I think he’s going with his parents!

Bigsid

Can we stop this over hyping of what are in effect 11 year old kids! Atletico Madrid beat them 5 nil and if you watch on youtube theres quite a difference. Just leave them alone and come back and lets see how they look at 18!

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s coming to Sporting anyways guys

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If Sr leaves, I'm guessing he'd take Jr with him? :(
Ronaldo’s mom already started that she wants JR to go to Sporting.

It’s thr smarter move to develop his talents as well.

Ricardo Quaresmas son is also at the academy.

Nero

I guess depending on where Ronaldo is playing/living after retirement will determine what club's academy Jr. is playing at.