Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher Brown

Never take your ex back after she left you for someone better

I only hope the board remember this before trying to re-sign Darron Gibson

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Picture this scenario …..

If ronaldo has an amazing World Cup, top goal scorer, wins the World Cup , states his love for United and he want to come back

Would you forgive ?

Ronaldo is a human being just like us. All Humans make mistakes and we shouldn’t be so quick to judge / react negatively. With time we maybe all reflect different on this…….
:lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Logic v Romanticism in its finest.
Look my only attachment I have for Ronaldo is the fact that he came from our Academy and his NT career. He's not a legend of my club. Sporting wanted him to stay one year and he fcked off to United. I don't really have the age for fanboyism.

I completely understand United fans reaction. If he did this to Sporting I would be extremely pissed.

I'm really being honest. I don't want him nowhere near Sporting atm. Too much distractions and him hanging around with individuals like Piers Morgan or Jordan Peterson made me a bit disappointed with him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Happy. He's finished at top level but his ego couldn't handle it

We move, please get in a striker that'll truly make us forget this absolute disaster :drool:
Martial should be enough for the next 6 months.
Coughs.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Think United lawyers had his balls in a vice personally, they could have made it ugly for him.

I think United could sue him for defamation if they really wanted with what he said about the club.

Todd

Sad to see it end like this. The ego just couldn't overcome the body's newfound limitations.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Napoli? Chelsea? Sporting CP?

Yik

Dont write him off so easily

Was good last season, out scoring a host of quality strikers in the PL. He’s been unsettled and wanted to leave in the summer, it’s no real surprise that he’s not been at it for us this year.

Im putting money on Ronaldo doing well in a side that creates chances
So a side like....us.

prateik

Should have happened in the summer.. but he had no taker so he had to stay..
Good riddance.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That's incredible if true. Wouldn't have expected to get away without paying him a penny at all. It can only be that he honestly still thinks he's as good as he was and is willing to back himself. Bless him.

That's a good £15m or so and a whole lot of aggro saved, then.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
So a side like....us.

No no no, your data doesn't fit our bias

On a serious note people need to realise when Ronaldo plays United don't create much because he can't operate at all in a side where the striker actually has to contribute to build up

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's going to happen, his fans are persistent. They watched him be dreadful during his second stint and still act as if he was in his prime.
I think that's an exaggeration. No one expected him to be in his prime. His problem this time was the drama show he brought with him

baskinginthesun

Was happy when he came back TBH. But, happier now that he's gone. Everyone can breathe easy and move on under ETH. I like that the club statement backed the manager when they released it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Picture this scenario …..

If ronaldo has an amazing World Cup, top goal scorer, wins the World Cup , states his love for United and he want to come back

Would you forgive ?

Ronaldo is a human being just like us. All Humans make mistakes and we shouldn’t be so quick to judge / react negatively. With time we maybe all reflect different on this…….

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Have you watched Ronaldo this season?
Yes I did, he was at a club he did not want to be at and looked depressed playing every game.

I also saw him last season score 32 goals all season club and country and be second top scorer in England.

In a place where he feels happy I have no doubt you see a much better Ronaldo.

Unam333

Best decision for all parties involved.
I understand Ronaldo's side of the story, a legend of the game, a special player so yeah, I understand that he felt disrespected. You would also give Maradona special treatment and threat him differently.

However, I totally understand the club to release him because the timing of the interview was awful and you just can't criticize your employer. Furthermore, I will always back the manager over the player: he makes the final decisions. The relationship between the manager and player wasn't ideal: a young aspiring manager, but still very green and a 5 times Ballon d'Or winner who's powers are waning. Of course they were going to have conflicting ambitions.

Good luck to you Ronnie.

Last edited:

wolvored

Means we get a new striker in jan at least. Bruno should improve as well, if its true Ron was affecting him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What a way to end your career at top level football he couldn't handle the fact his body was getting older and ruined a relationship with the fans that adored him.

good riddance.

Smores

Confirms he just wanted out really, didn't think he'd hold out for money like some did. All parties get what they want and can move on.

Fully Fledged

Yes I did, he was at a club he did not want to be at and looked depressed playing every game.

I also saw him last season score 32 goals all season club and country and be second top scorer in England.

In a place where he feels happy I have no doubt you see a much better Ronaldo.
Have him go to Sporting then.

the_cliff

So a side like....us.

I know a couple of Chelsea fans saying they'd take him, they are the least creative top 6 team I've seen and that's a match that is destined for fireworks.

Greck

Both parties got what they wanted in the end.
Did we? We got no transfer fee after insisting all summer, dropped points in the league, a compromised Europa campaign, key figures defamed over baseless accusations and lockerroom distractions. The games we played around him are now also missed opportunity to continue drilling Ten hag's style. For us it is another case of too little too late. We'll see more in the coming days because I hope we didn't just end up paying him off.

Pearl.Jam

Good, the guy is a absolute helmet and hope he takes all his creepy fanboys with him wherever he ends up

Robertd0803

Gutted. What an absolutley shit stupid way for things to end.

Right decision by the club and there really was no way back after that goddamn stupid interview so best move for both parties in the end.

Time to move on now.

Not before time, it should have happened in the summer when he clearly wanted to leave. Too many in the board and on here thought they should hold out for a transfer fee when in reality we needed to get rid. Nothing is as important to a football team as a good dressing room and nothing is as likely to destroy a dressing room as a spoiled man child.
Hopefully ours improves now and we get a new striker with mobility and workrate.

Yik

No no no, your data doesn't fit our bias

On a serious note people need to realise when Ronaldo plays United don't create much because he can't operate at all in a side where the striker actually has to contribute to build up

I've watched him in person these past two years and its clear he's no longer a top level threat. I can remember a few performances under Rangnick funnily enough where he did actually get stuck in, and contributed defensively, but this season its just been dire every game. I'm sad he'll never have a proper sendoff from us, but equally its probably for the best hes pissed off...

Status
Not open for further replies.