Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

I am sorry, don't like it.
First, we wanted to leave, hence the lemonade interview and that is exactly what he got! I would have suspended him, no wages, until end of the season. Big "you can't do that" and f**k you to him and every other player who might behave like that.
Second, timing is horrible, he will play WC game soon, this will make him happy, he got what he wanted. Imagine prick scores and whole world talks shit about us how we destroyed "his majesty, God of football". Wish they kept him in the unknown so he can be worried about it and have shit WC.

Yes I know, I am horrible person, but can't help myself thinking we bend over big time.
That opens up room for him to sue the club and still get compensation. Easiest way is to just mutually terminate and not owe him anything else.

mu4c_20le

Are we looking at some other series of tweets that didn't include a threat to sue? It doesn't exactly say anything either way.
Suggested that it could have gotten messy but didn't. Either way, he gave up 16M.

Gator Nate

This is what I suspected. They held all the cards after the interview.

It's all sad, really. We never should have signed him. That was bad business from the start. I understand the emotional side of it, but there was a lot in his past to indicate it was never going to work. To this day, I don't believe Ole wanted the signing but was left with no choice, either explicit or implied. And I am convinced that's what led to the locker room breakdown that cost Ole his job.

That said, ETH handled the whole situation about as well as any manager could.

Ronaldo's biggest challenge going forward is finding a team that wants him.

Infestissumam

I'd be shocked if this didn't have a liberating effect on the squad. Thank feck this circus is over, and let's hope his brainwashed cult fanboys leave too.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I agree with this especially with most teams demanding so much more of the centre forward today. Ronaldo is too much of luxury to drag around when the teams out of possession. Also, ETH comments about the likes of Dalot and Fernandes making silly decisions to obnoxiously pass to Ronaldo without building the attack. I think the team will perform better with him gone. Ronaldo still has a lot to give I gather but not at the top level.
This is the worst of it for me. Outside of being nothing of what he was, he's actively detrimental to the team. It's no coincidence we scored something like 20 fewer goals the season after signing him. Everything has to to be given to Ronaldo, no matter how shit he is, and no matter how many other players are in better positions.

He doesn't have the burst of acceleration to get separation from a defender and create space to shoot. He doesn't have the pace to run in behind. He doesn't have the leap he used to have for headers. He doesn't press. He doesn't hold the ball up and link up play. He can't do anything you'd want from any type of half decent striker. Everything has to be put on a plate for him, and even then his conversion rate is no better than any given bang average mid-table PL striker.

I'd be so, so happy to see the back of him from a purely footballing perspective, even if he wasn't as much of a cnut as he is and none of the drama had happened.

CallyRed

Look my only attachment I have for Ronaldo is the fact that he came from our Academy and his NT career. He's not a legend of my club. Sporting wanted him to stay one year and he fcked off to United. I don't really have the age for fanboyism.

I completely understand United fans reaction. If he did this to Sporting I would be extremely pissed.

I'm really being honest. I don't want him nowhere near Sporting atm. Too much distractions and him hanging around with individuals like Piers Morgan or Jordan Peterson made me a bit disappointed with him.
I'm actually agreeing with you. I think Sporting should stay well clear. No matter what he means to the club.

Heinzesight

Obviously a shit way for it all to end after we were all buzzing when he re-signed…but he’s been a complete tit and can’t come to terms with the fact he’s in the middle of his Gary Neville West Brom toilet moment.

ExoduS

What a disastrous decision was to bring him back. All leadership should be ashamed, but Ole perhaps the most as he was the boss at the time. What an expensive waste of time this was.

Vapor trail

This is the worst of it for me. Outside of being nothing of what he was, he's actively detrimental to the team. It's no coincidence we scored something like 20 fewer goals the season after signing him. Everything has to to be given to Ronaldo, no matter how shit he is, and no matter how many other players are in better positions.

He doesn't have the burst of acceleration to get separation from a defender and create space to shoot. He doesn't have the pace to run in behind. He doesn't have the leap he used to have for headers. He doesn't press. He doesn't hold the ball up and link up play. He can't do anything you'd want from any type of half decent striker. Everything has to be put on a plate for him, and even then his conversion rate is no better than any given bang average mid-table PL striker.

I'd be so, so happy to see the back of him from a purely footballing perspective, even if he wasn't as much of a cnut as he is and none of the drama had happened.
Agreed it's the correct decision from a performance basis.

Smores

On most occasions a mutual termination includes a payout. This one hasn’t probably because his legal team have told him that he has no chance if we go legal
Think timelines are more important here for both parties. Ronaldo wants a new club and we want rid of the drama. Neither wanted it to drag on which a negotiated fee would have done.

It was obvious this would be the outcome as soon as the interview went out.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's like a new signing.
Playing Elanga over him literally is. Even if it just means putting other players in their better positions. We've been better like that all season. Will be even better with Sancho and Antony back.

Matst1

All this has been worth it just to see him not join city and potentially help them lift their first champions league trophy. Imagine…

Gordon S

Best news this season!!

Just pray the old farts in the board room can contain themselves next time a past it superstar comes looking for one last payout.

saik

No way, mutual consent means no payout or settlement.
Not necessarily always. Sometimes both parties can agree upon a fee to terminate the contract which will be less than the value of the remaining contract.

always_hoping

Looking at the odds for his next club Sporting,Chelsea, Any MLS club,PSG,Napoli and Roma. The latter with a fellow ego and past his best would seem a decent fit.

Aretak

What a disastrous decision was to bring him back. All leadership should be ashamed, but Ole perhaps the most as he was the boss at the time. What an expensive waste of time this was.
For all his failings, I very much doubt Ronaldo was one of Ole's transfer targets. The club wanted him for obvious financially-motivated reasons and Ole was either too spineless or simply not in a position perhaps to push back. The fact that it was Sir Alex that called Ronaldo and begged him to come is telling enough in itself.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Have to say the final parting shot was a little funny

Proper dickhead till the end :lol:

Hope this arduous saga has opened the eyes of a lot of our fans as to his supposed 'legend' status for this club.

We were only ever a stepping stone at the start and an easy cheque for him at the end for him
Ive been saying it for years.

You cant wake up people who are pretending to sleep.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Think timelines are more important here for both parties. Ronaldo wants a new club and we want rid of the drama. Neither wanted it to drag on which a negotiated fee would have done.

It was obvious this would be the outcome as soon as the interview went out.
United threatening to sue is the opposite of neither side wanted it to drag on. If we believe the reports, United gave him an ultimatum, you leave now for free or later while paying us.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Fecking beautiful news that he won't get another penny. Sweet.

Longshanks

An absolute marvel in his prime, one of the the very best to ever play the game. It was an honour to see him play in his pomp in his first spell. From a step overing 'show pony' to a remarkable goal scoring machine.

I don't think anyone really believed that he was the player he once was when we re-signed him but there was hope he wouod still offer enough to be worthy of the circus.

Unfortunately he became all to clear quite quickly that he was very much in decline and quite a sharp one at that, despite some occasions where he rolled the years back and still produced the magic it was very now the exception rather than the norm.

Shame it's ended the way it has but ultimatly he has always been a bit of a cnut and his ego can't cope with his decline.

saik

Ronaldo isn't moving the needle for any CL team, stop it.

Dude couldn't even hack it in Europa this season. :lol:
Yea. All his fan boys need to stop dreaming and come back to reality. He struggled to score against fecking Omonia and Sheriff in the EL, what makes people think he will make someone CL favorites? Delusional at its best.

AdNani

feck him. Buzzing i wont have watch him stink the place out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.