Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirAlexsglasses

Im glad he’s gone, he really is the type of player where we could lose 5-3 with him getting a hat trick and he would be happy as he had three goals despite us losing. Maybe we will see a return to form of Bruno now, I despise his interview with Piers, he could have picked anyone but it had to be that POS didn’t it. As a veteran I remember all too well his fake stories that put us in danger in Iraq (I was there). He could have simply drafted an open letter, anything but an interview with that scumbag. Rant out

Glorio

:lol:

I know a couple of Chelsea fans saying they'd take him, they are the least creative top 6 team I've seen and that's a match that is destined for fireworks.
Imagine the scenes if he goes to Spurs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, if my very simple maths is right (7 months by 4.33 weeks) that suggests he was costing us around 530k a week. Eeesh. Has anyone ever done a worse job at anything than Ed Woodward at United?
How the heck is Woodward still getting the blame for this one :lol:

diarm

Well handled by the club it has to be said. No drama or public tit for tat from our end. Just a swift and efficient end to things.

ManUtd1999

Are you really comparing the way he left the club with what has happened with Ronaldo now?
Yes. I remember the talk about Beckham back then.

Any way, Ronaldo is gone now, and we can go ahead with our lives and fight for Top 4 (as we had done for many years).

bushyzor

EtH passed his acid test.
I would say Richard Arnold passed his acid test. He chose football over money and marketing. I suspect our last Chief Executive might have made a different call. This has given me more confidence in the board. I hope they continue to put the the football first and let the money follow.

MrEleson

That must be one of the worst return spells for a big name ever.
With the interview yeah but on the pitch especially last season at his age, no.

Anyway, goodbye and thanks for the memories.

Bratt

Yes. I remember the talk about Beckham back then.

Any way, Ronaldo is gone now, and we can go ahead with our lives and fight for Top 4 (as we had done for many years).
Well, you either remember wrong, or listened to some bs-talk, as Ronaldo and Beckham’s departures from the club is not at all comparable

Chief123

sorry but as you can see im a newbie....but couldnt united decide to keep him until the summer?staying on the bench should be the punishment for what he did.
He would cause more harm than good. It benefits Utd in no way to keep him till summer. We would be paying him silly wages, he would have a terrible attitude and disrupt the squad and he would be useless every time he plays.

KeanoMagicHat

Point is: if you dismiss CR being a legend because of the way he left, then the same applies to Beckham and Keane. I responded to this specific argument.
But as I said I don't agree that all their exits were the same. Beckham even scored in his last Premier League game before he left the club as we won the league. Can't directly compare those exits.

Can’t celebrate it like many, it’s a real shame he let it end like this because he can’t handle his career winding down.
Best for all parties, interesting to see where on Earth he ends up.

lex talionis

It would be quite a turn of events if Ronaldo came back to OT, yet again, next season.

TsuWave

Didn't need to end like this but he went full bozo and gave the club no option. It is what it is.

Glorio

Martial FC is eating good tonight.
He was never really a threat to Martial FC to be honest, well, perhaps apart from causing Martial to get played out of position.

This season whenever Martial's fit, he plays. Incidentally it's not been that often!

Boondog

Glad he's gone. I think the team should have loaned him somewhere shitty or otherwise played some serious hardball to prove a point, but it's nice to see this ridiculous stretch of nonsense end.

tomaldinho1

Handled well. Out the door and we move on. Excited to hopefully see us force the Glazers to buy a striker in Jan.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
But as I said I don't agree that all their exits were the same. Beckham even scored in his last Premier League game before he left the club as we won the league. Can't directly compare those exits.
And in his last Champions League game.

TsuWave

Glad he's gone. I think the team should have loaned him somewhere shitty or otherwise played some serious hardball to prove a point, but it's nice to see this ridiculous stretch of nonsense end.
Players can say no to loans - and made no sense keeping him around with those exorbitant wages and toxicity just to prove a point. This is the best outcome for the team and club

Status
Not open for further replies.