Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackeyC

So how does that comply with FFP etc? Doesn’t secrecy scupper that?
They would still disclose to required stakeholders such as UEFA, but in a Plc the investor has no right to see employee or individual contract expenses aside from those of the Board members. Their could be an exceptional disclosure but I expect this is unlikely.

Reactions: oates

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Its funny how both of the courses of action available to him last year would have led to his losing Legend status at Utd. Join City, and be labelled a traitor, join Utd and stink up the dressing room and leave in the most acrimonious way possible.

zing

Zingle balls
is there somewhere I can read a transcript of his full interview?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its funny how both of the courses of action available to him last year would have led to his losing Legend status at Utd. Join City, and be labelled a traitor, join Utd and stink up the dressing room and leave in the most acrimonious way possible.
Could've been option 3) age gracefully and accept you are 37 and go the mentorship route and accept an impact sub role to help the team and your legacy even more

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’d hardly call that interview a ‘clean resolution’ from him.

I kind of want him to go to Chelsea but feel guilty towards Potter about wanting it.

Rolaholic

Truly cemented his status as the greatest mercenary of all time

Strootman's Finger

What's wrong? I can see most posts supporting the club cause we are 'manutd' fans, and not in support for a player who isn't a manutd player.
You nailed it on the head. It's a Manchester United fan forum, not a CR7 fan site.

You can find plenty of those on the web...
What is shocking? That fans want cnut who shits on club out of club?
Why? We just got rid of a massively overpaid toxic element. Look at Liverpool and Man City forums, they will be gutted about this.
The club is bigger than any one player, even more so when that player goes to a couple arse and Slaggs off the club, manger, and players.
I'm not defending Ronaldo, I think he was wrong to mis preseason, don't fully buy his story because his wife we at a concert in the time frame he talked about, I don't think he has played well this season, and even affected the way the team played. I think the interview was horrible, and worth a sacking.

But Ronaldo, one of, if not the greatest player ever, is a United legend. You may not see it now, but he is, he won everything important with the club and was well on his way to being the best player in the world while at United. And reading through this thread, and I am seeing, cnut, scumbag, snake, good riddance, feck off, etc, etc. Now people have a right to be unhappy with how things played out, but I would hope to see a lot more, what a shame the way this played out, too bad the glazers didn't sanction this move in the summer when Ten Hag and Ronaldo both wanted it, what a sad way for this relationship to end, etc, etc. I guess I'll just have to assume, this is an internet message board and probably the bulk of posts are from kids, that probably didn't even see Ronaldo play for United the first time.

Personally I am glad this is over, but I am gutted about it, not happy.

Glorio

This is a sad day but unfortunately it was inevitable to come after the recent events.

We will miss you Ronaldo, thank you for all the great memories you have given us all.

Even though no longer an official registered United player, you will always be a United player! You are the goat and most likely always will be!

On match days I will continue wear my United shirt with your name on back for at minimum the remainder of season because you will always be a United legend.
Why don't you just wear his new team's jersey? That way there's no tinge of sadness

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I think Bayern become a lot more interested in a free transfer of Ronaldo for 6 months.

They were not willing to pay for him but on a free ? Considering they lack a sticker.

Ronaldo and then are a perfect match.

Still I prefer sporting! Come home My boy !
They fecking aren't. Let him ruin your club instead.

OmarUnited4ever

His return wasn't as we hoped it would be and end. Best that he leaves and the club moves forward and no more drama.. Ten Hag can now focus on his job without worry.

Good Luck Ronaldo in the WC and beyond.

captaincantona

Feels like great news all round…and for all the Ronny fans still peddling the line about him being a legend and loving the fans…if he really loved the fans…he would have had a watch face the celebrates his overhead kick…or his famous goal celebration…he doesn’t stick his finger up at the fans he loves. In fact, that watch must have been designed over a number of months…I would say that marketing the watch and getting it on sale in time for the World Cup had more to do with his interview than anything to do with telling the truth to the fans or outing the glazers or even playing football.

looking forward to getting back to football first…drama second.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Had to be done. 2022 Ronaldo isn't worth losing a moment of sleep over, it's been dreadful the way he and that fat feck Morgan have been the only story in town before the World Cup took off. The lads, Erik, the fans, everyone is better off without 2022 Ronnie hanging around, we can all move on now.

TsuWave

Anyone see he apparently posted that header he scored against us for Madrid on his Instagram. Absolute cretin he'll never be considered a legend here.
He didn't

People making up all sorts of things now

Ibrahimorich

I'm not defending Ronaldo, I think he was wrong to mis preseason, don't fully buy his story because his wife we at a concert in the time frame he talked about, I don't think he has played well this season, and even affected the way the team played. I think the interview was horrible, and worth a sacking.

But Ronaldo, one of, if not the greatest player ever, is a United legend. You may not see it now, but he is, he won everything important with the club and was well on his way to being the best player in the world while at United. And reading through this thread, and I am seeing, cnut, scumbag, snake, good riddance, feck off, etc, etc. Now people have a right to be unhappy with how things played out, but I would hope to see a lot more, what a shame the way this played out, too bad the glazers didn't sanction this move in the summer when Ten Hag and Ronaldo both wanted it, what a sad way for this relationship to end, etc, etc. I guess I'll just have to assume, this is an internet message board and probably the bulk of posts are from kids, that probably didn't even see Ronaldo play for United the first time.

Sorry but you can't badmouth the club, call us a stepping stone, pretend you're a slave and be a club legend. Then come back and do the same again, only without any good performances to back it up.

I was gutted when we signed him second time, I really wanted him to go to City because I knew he was shit now. Very happy he's gone. Selfish cnut.

Great player. Real Madrid legend. Not a United legend. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a small club mentality or is a player FC fan.

Reactions: Sultan

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

That doesn't apply to the considerable number of posters who questioned his supposed legend status before this season though does it? I'm 45 and saw him in his prime and he was, undoubtedly, a truly great player. One of the best I've ever seen. But he's also a whiny brat who has validated everything the naysayers ever said about him over the last 6 months.

As for the language, emotions are high and, despite what you might think, we're all mostly adults here. People are frustrated that so many positives have been consistently undermined by his cnutish self-regard. And they're understandably glad to be rid of the whole toxic sideshow.

That's all there is to it.

peridigm

Maybe the lawyers came up with a way to sue him unless he parted ways without a payout.
Either way, I'm glad he's gone and we didn't drag this on for ages. Let him drag down Purtugal in the WC and whoever his next club is.

UpWithRivers

There are people that appreciate Rolf Harris for what he did to entertainment and weep for Bill Cosby and wish Greenwood would have been a United legend and see the good Hitler did etc. Others just think you're a cnt if you act a certain way irrespective of your achievements.

Strootman's Finger

Sorry but you can't badmouth the club, call us a stepping stone, pretend you're a slave and be a club legend. Then come back and do the same again, only without any good performances to back it up.

I was gutted when we signed him second time, I really wanted him to go to City because I knew he was shit now. Very happy he's gone. Selfish cnut.

Great player. Real Madrid legend. Not a United legend. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a small club mentality or is a player FC fan.
Did you start following United this summer? No good performances?? he was the third highest goalscorer in the league, playing in the worst United team I have ever seen. He was the only reason we got out of the group stages of the CL. Did you see the Totenham game last season? At least make an attempt to be realistic in your posts, might lend some credence to them.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I hear Utd made a 67 word statement.

Im sure they could have cut that down by 65 words. :devil:

Strootman's Finger

That doesn't apply to the considerable number of posters who questioned his supposed legend status before this season though does it? I'm 45 and saw him in his prime and he was, undoubtedly, a truly great player. One of the best I've ever seen. But he's also a whiny brat who has validated everything the naysayers ever said about him over the last 6 months.

As for the language, emotions are high and, despite what you might think, we're all mostly adults here. People are frustrated that so many positives have been consistently undermined by his cnutish self-regard. And they're understandably glad to be rid of the whole toxic sideshow.

That's all there is to it.
A few years down the road, when the dust settles on all this, Ronaldo's been retired a few years, and people talk about Ronaldo being one of the greatest ever, I guarantee a large portion of these people will be calling him a United legend again.

tomaldinho1

Mutual consent means an agreement was made. Ronaldo isn’t agreeing to getting the boot with no payout.
He did leave without a penny by the looks of things. Kind of backed himself into a corner so the club would have been in a strong position.

Shark

@NotShark
Did you start following United this summer? No good performances?? he was the third highest goalscorer in the league, playing in the worst United team I have ever seen. He was the only reason we got out of the group stages of the CL. Did you see the Totenham game last season? At least make an attempt to be realistic in your posts, might lend some credence to them.
People always say this, worst United team they've ever seen. We've had worse teams over the past decade. For one when Januzai looked like the next coming of Ronaldo under Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.