Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiristao

Can't cancel the contract earlier. Man utd will have to pay extra millions in compensation to Ronaldo and also the club will suffer bad reputation.

Now, the bad reputation is on Ronaldo and the compensation (if any) is much less. And united may even sue Ronaldo later on for more cash.
I meant mutually agree to cancel so there would not have been any compensation involved. I will be very surprised and disappointed if we have actually paid Ronaldo to cancel the contract. I really doubt we plan to sue him. It will be a bit of a PR nightmare.

especially for a veteran...he did better than Ibra and Cavani who got a lot of praise, we were obviously not signing the old ROnaldo...he did well.
On what planet did he do better than Zlatan who actually won us trophies man?
Zlatan was absolutely miles better, and I thought Ronaldo did well last season. Scored better goals, more important goals, of his 28 goals in 2016-17 only 3 were pens & he won us trophies.

Last edited:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
How soon will there be an exodus of fake fans or will they linger here and pop up only after bad results.
They'll stay quiet and defend him every once in a while. The Pogba fanbase is still here, silent and lurking.

Marcus

That is the key part. Are we sure we did not want him anymore. And if we did not, we could have done this cancelling of contract earlier as it is obvious from the Ronaldo interview that he wants to leave the club. He could have just asked the club to do it.
I think it all boils down to the contract. If United cancelled his contract earlier, then it would have been in breach and Ronaldo could claim damages against the club. So if you notice, Ronaldo wisely decided not to say that he would play for United again. Just hinted that his heart wouldn't be in it.

Marcus

They'll stay quiet and defend him every once in a while. The Pogba fanbase is still here, silent and lurking.
If they are true fans of Ronaldo, they will probably not bother being here anymore. They will join the football forum of his next club. If they are hired guns paid to protect Ronaldo's image wherever, then they will keep participating in discussions on Ronaldo here (and twitter etc) and try to defend brand Ronaldo.

Greck

I just wish we could replay all the games playing Ronaldo cost us points. 100% we beat Villa and qualify top of the Europa group. His hindrance was huge.

TheGame

F**k me, so many haters on a club Legend and the G.O.A.T
Some of you need to grow up, yes he shouldn’t have done the interview but vast majority of what he said was true and we all know that.

Anyway best wishes to him on his next venture and let’s see ETH does for rest of the season, can’t play the Ronaldo card no more!
Looks like the Twitter fanboys are posting here now.

tenpoless

Coming up next:
"Watch me play chess with my next team mate of my next club, whom I make popular because of my popularity. Photographed by Annie Lebowski"

Gordon S

When he left Juve he posted a long ass statement about all his memories and we basically get a line. I know this is different circumstances and he might write or say something else but fans deserve more.

Shocking ending to his career, he couldn't handle aging and not scoring.
It does feel more and more like he could not give a single toss about our club and us fans. Considering match going fans have belted out ”Viva Ronaldo” for ages, that is even more reason to feel disgusted by his behaviour.
This is probably his media team advising him to say something at least. Don`t want to lose any followers on IG.

Dansk

Good riddance. He ruined his reputation in my book. This has been a perfect illustration of how not to age with grace. He was absolutely terrible on the pitch most of the time, but he expected to be treated as if he was our most important player. All this while getting paid absolutely insane amounts of money for a job that doesn't even come close to justifying a quarter of his wages. When the manager didn't fellate him enough, he threw a hysterical tantrum. Disgraceful. He has shown himself to be a rotten, unprofessional fool who cares only about himself and is willing to do whatever damage to his club that it takes to get his way.

He has shat on his own legacy, and he did it purely for the sake of his own hurt pride.

Joel Miller

Delighted to see the back of that scumbag to be perfectly honest. Now Ten Haag can crack ok without the distraction of this narcissist and the circus he brings with him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Perfect outcome on all ends. He's gone, we don't pay anything, he damaged his reputation whilst the club/manager behaved very well, we will look for a new striker.... dream scenario really

MiracleInMadrid

I'm sure there was but there was no point. It's not like we would have got any more out of it except bad publicity.

A polite parting of the ways and mutual best wishes were completely predictable and predicted by all the grown up posters.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cri...utual-agreement.473914/page-219#post-29734295
Its not that I didn't expect this outcome, I just wanted something else. For the club to send a signal of some sort, instead of just parting ways like nothing has happened. But that's just the inner and furious kid in me.

They were never gonna fire him. No serious club would risk the cost, both PR wise and financially. Hell, we haven't even torn Greenwoods contract over yet, have we.

Memento28

Some of you need to grow up, yes he shouldn’t have done the interview but vast majority of what he said was true and we all know that.

Anyway best wishes to him on his next venture and let’s see ETH does for rest of the season, can’t play the Ronaldo card no more!
Well, no one is innocent here. Not the owners nor Ten Hag nor Ronaldo, why wait till now to come out with the interview when it suits Ronaldo? ETH is actually trying to build a team not an inconsistent group of individual superstars and anyone who wants to disrupt that can leave. Ronaldo has my respect for whatever he has done for United and hope he has a better time at whichever team he signs for but I don't respect him for making the manager's job more difficult (which was already difficult because of parasite owners).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

… Damn, who knew?
All the goals you scored, good things we been through
That I'd be standing right here talking to you
'Bout another path, I know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up, look at things different, see the bigger picture
Those were the days, hard work forever pays
Now I see you in a better place (see you in a better place)
Uh

… How can we not talk about tactics when tactics all that we got?
Everything I went through, you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

TheGame

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

… Damn, who knew?
All the goals you scored, good things we been through
That I'd be standing right here talking to you
Uh

And I'll tell you all about it when I siuuuuu again
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I siuuuuu again
When I siuuuuu again

… Damn, siuuuuu?
All the goals you scored, good things we been siuuuuu
That I'd be standing right here talking to siuuuuu
Uh

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
And I'll tell you all about it when I siuuuuu again
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I siuuuuu again
When I siuuuuu again

… Damn, siuuuuu?
All the goals you scored, good things we been siuuuuu
That I'd be standing right here talking to siuuuuu
Uh

:lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
… I feel so unsure
As I take your hand and lead you to the pitch
As the goals dry, something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen
And all its sad good-byes

… I'm never gonna SIUUUU again
Guilty feet hage scored no goals
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
… you should've known better than to speak to Piers
And waste the chance that you'd been given
So I'm never gonna SIUUUU again
The way I SIUUU'd with you, oh

OldTrevil

Yabadabadooooo! Don't let the door hit you on your way out massive bellend.

Finally I can close the nightmare of a contradiction of having the quintessential supreme individualistic prick playing a fundamentally communal sport in the team I support. The only legendary status I'd give him is among selfish arseholes and greedy cnuts. He should join the City of London team if they have one in the shadows, he's probably a god to those who work there :wenger:

BorisManUtd

Perfect ending to a difficult situation and for both sides. Ronaldo is now a free agent, has a World Cup to prove himself one more time to European clubs. United get out of the whole mess saving 16M pounds, perhaps a money that could be used for a new signing in January. Would've been much better ih this happened in summer but don't think there were ever clubs willing to pay Ronaldo's huge wages nor was he ready to lower his demands in that aspect.

In hindsight, ten Hag was possibly playing Ronaldo vs West Ham and Villa (giving him captaincy role even) to show again that Cristiano got a proper and numerous chances to play this season, he's just not made best of them, not even in Europa League against likes of Omonia and Sheriff. Nice thing is he scored his 700th club goal vs Everton, helped us to get a win as well, but other than that it was a poor 3 months this season for him.

There won't be many top clubs after Ronaldo even though he's a free agent, but Chelsea move could be possible, if that new owner gets his way. Chelsea are struggling to score goals, adding Cristiano as option there, that could happen perhaps. Would he start in most of the games, not sure.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Theoretically speaking, if he signs for Chelsea, what kind of reception is he getting at OT when Chelsea play us away?
A few people from this forum will be sat in the front row wearing half an half scarves singing his name

ArbeitervonWien

Nah, sorry, you cannot frame that as ronaldo bravely telling the inconvenient truths. He was maybe righteously complaining about a few things everyone and their dog knew about. Other than that he was whining, bitching and bragging.

We finally seem to head in the right direction and he comes out and says that he doesn't respect the manager while it's plain to see that's because ronaldo can't keep up with modern football at the highest level anymore. Of course the fans are angry at him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Feel free to Jog on then to whatever club he ends up next. Club legend my arse. His new watch face show where his loyalties and love lie and it’s not United

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On what planet did he do better than Zlatan who actually won us trophies man?
Zlatan was absolutely miles better, and I thought Ronaldo did well last season. Scored better goals, more important goals, of his 28 goals in 2016-17 only 3 were pens & he won us trophies.
And I dare say Ibra was a much better role model. Look at his impact on the younger players at Milan

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I just wish we could replay all the games playing Ronaldo cost us points. 100% we beat Villa and qualify top of the Europa group. His hindrance was huge.
Honestly. Ifs and buts, and all that -- but Martial fully fit for 90% of the games this season and I think we'd be much closer to Arsenal.

Tony247

Ah, I see, so it was all ETH's machiavellian games all along then. That evil baldie eh...

BorisManUtd

That interview with Piers Morgan proved another thing that many fans were saying even before Ronaldo came back - he cares much about Fergie, not much about United as a club. I'm sure he has some emotions towards the club and fans but in his head that doesn't affect decisions. He wanted to go to City, changed his mind but after speaking to Sir Alex.

Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea. Those are his rivals in WC group stages. Not easy games but not exactly super teams that are unbeatable. It's a chance to prove a point.

Cloud7

I think it would be great if he signs for Arsenal or Chelsea. It would be hilarious watching him stink up the place at one of our rivals

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Heard stories saying he refused the pay out how true is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.