Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The same interview where he said he had many suitors in the summer? Weird how you are fixated on that one line. Meanwhile, the club held firm on their stance that he was not for sale, and we made no moves for a striker. Those are the facts.
Gakpo literally said he was close to moving to United until we ran out of money after the mega deal for Antony where we surprisingly splashed 100+ millions and everything else fell through.

So yes, we made moves for a striker.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
F**k me, so many haters on a club Legend and the G.O.A.T
Some of you need to grow up, yes he shouldn’t have done the interview but vast majority of what he said was true and we all know that.

Anyway best wishes to him on his next venture and let’s see ETH does for rest of the season, can’t play the Ronaldo card no more!
Well ETH never did play the Ronaldo card. If anything it was the opposite. And this isn't a player v manager thing anyway despite what the man child wanted to turn it into.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Some of you need to grow up, yes he shouldn’t have done the interview but vast majority of what he said was true and we all know that.

Anyway best wishes to him on his next venture and let’s see ETH does for rest of the season, can’t play the Ronaldo card no more!
You feckin tell em son. 'av it!

Remember the geese

I assume you are 12?

tomaldinho1

You guys think the design of the watch and the marketing rollout was planned as a swipe to United? That seems plausible to you?
I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if in his hissy fit this summer he commissioned it.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
How dare you disrespect him!

PLAYER-Manager is what he’ll be. Still going at 40…
Just imagine. It would be like watching that movie , The Dictator, every week.
It would hilarious for every other team's fans

tomaldinho1

:lol:

come on man
Genuinely it’s just as likely to be true as not, this is quite a unique guy we’re talking about here.

For example, surely he’d go for the Juve bicycle kick if he had to pick something to immortalise in a watch? You could even have his legs as the watch’s hands and every time they line up for the correct shape of the bicycle kick the watch shouts ‘Siuuuu’.

Eriku

Genuinely it’s just as likely to be true as not, this is quite a unique guy we’re talking about here.

For example, surely he’d go for the Juve bicycle kick if he had to pick something to immortalise in a watch? You could even have his legs as the watch’s hands and every time they line up for the correct shape of the bicycle kick the watch shouts ‘Siuuuu’.
:lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BorisManUtd

It is the goal against United in 2012/2013, that angle is from the corner flag. Use google image and you will find it.
All that photo does is that it makes me think how unfortunately we got knocked out of CL that season vs Madrid. Loved our both performances, especially that one at Bernabeu. Nani's red card was quite similar to Rafael's against Bayern in 2010 in that it too changed the course of the game.

90 + 5min

Hate is so strong word. I thank him for the good things he has done for our club. That can't be taken away.

At the same time, his behaviour is also undone. And that is what critism is about. You don't do that interview. You don't behave like he did on and off the pitch. Being megastar doesn't give you right to behave like you are bigger than anyone. He was a part of a team. The team was not part of him. Respect goes at both ways. Yelling about lack of respect but not showing that himself is talk for kids.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Why is it so outrageous that Ronaldo would be this petty?

This is a 37 year old man child who went on a televised interview and told the world he is prettier than wayne rooney.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ronaldo had a deal almost done with Chelsea, but Joel Glazer stepped in and said we could not lose our greatest commercial asset
The real reason was Tuchel refused to take him.

Boehly did the deal in the background with Mendes (which is why Ronaldo was so convinced it would happen he didn't turn up to pre season)

Tuchel kicked off though and they had a big fall out. It was never stopped from Uniteds side - we just never actually received a bid from Chelsea.

Anustart89

RONALDO WAS A GREAT PLAYER BUT A DIFFICULT PERSONALITY
HE CLASHED WITH ETH BECAUSE HE WAS SHIFTED TO THE BENCH EVENTHOUGH HE WON BALLON DO'R IN THAT POSITION
TOUGH PERSONALITY ? HE STILL WON PLENTY CLUB AND NATIONLEVEL
NATION
NATION
NATION LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL

SORRY ITS THE PHONE

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's just occurred to me that "mutual agreement" or "mutual consent" might not be the best choice of words...

jesperjaap

On what planet did he do better than Zlatan who actually won us trophies man?
Zlatan was absolutely miles better, and I thought Ronaldo did well last season. Scored better goals, more important goals, of his 28 goals in 2016-17 only 3 were pens & he won us trophies.
The side ZLatan is was far better than the shambles of a side we had last season which was on eof the worst we have ever had performance wise. Ibra winning trophies in his spell here is nothing to do with the individual performancs. Both were good, both scored goals, if your personal opinion was better, that is fair enough, can understand that....but absolutely miles better, come on, be rational, how do you think he would have done in last seasons side?

jesperjaap

What makes his return last season better than Ibra’s? I can’t remember but was Ibra on pens? Also that period Ronaldo went on last season with no goals and terrible performances was painful. A strong finish to the season it must be said where as Ibra’s was cut short.

It would be good to see a Ibra 16/17 vs Ronaldo 21/22 comparison or analysis.
Yes here was a barren spell. I think the two sides were miles apart though and although he did definately have a barren spell where he was quesioned, he was very good at the start and the end and individually crucial in the bare success we had in Europe.

Im not dismissing Ibrahimovic at all, just opinion but either way not a huge amount between them yet Ibra and even Cavani were lauded for there performances as veterans and Ronaldo for larger periods of last season too was slated for his performances, thats whay I find strange. CAn unerstand the comemnts now with all the bitterness but foudn it strange last season

jesperjaap

I don’t see him as a club legend
Thats fair enough, opinions. For me a player tha won the ballon d'or here, was instrumental in a champions league trophy and is certainly he last coupel of years of his firs spell here one of the best players we have ever had does make him a legend.

Despite the size of our club, we have very very few ballon dors or cl trophies and he has both during his time here. People will be talking about him and his performances here at this club in 50years time not the off field problems or recent actions

The side ZLatan is was far better than the shambles of a side we had last season which was on eof the worst we have ever had performance wise. Ibra winning trophies in his spell here is nothing to do with the individual performancs. Both were good, both scored goals, if your personal opinion was better, that is fair enough, can understand that....but absolutely miles better, come on, be rational, how do you think he would have done in last seasons side?
Miles better, he has a history of elevating his teammates, same thing happened the moment he stepped foot back in the San Siro.

As for the side being far better:

• Rojo and Bailly started 72 games between them.
• Lingard started 28.
• Felliani started 28 games.
• Darmian started 26 games.
• Phil fecking Jones got 25 games.

Both players had Pogba, both had De Gea, Ronaldo had Varane, Zlatan had Smalling. Ronaldo had Sancho, Zlatan had Lingard. Zlatan had Anders, Ronaldo had to deal with Fred & McTom. They were shit sides the pair of them, Zlatan's side had just finished the previous season 5th with 66 points, Ronaldo's side had just finished 2nd (false position if we ever saw one mind, but with more points) 74, there just wasn't much between them, any decent players left alongside Zlatan (Valencia, Rooney) were a shadow of themselves and would be retired within a couple of seasons.

And feck me, Ibra winning trophies had nothing to do with his individual performances? hahahahhahahh, guessing you didn't watch Southampton basically twat us in that final until Zlatan decided "not today lads". He actually won us the Community Shield too in fairness, shit though it is, we beggars probably shouldn't be choosers when it comes to trophies these days.

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Ronaldo could bulldoze OT and still be called a legend.

We're dealing with people who are like qanon.
He is a legend.

At the time it looked like we were going to be bulldozed into oblivion by Chelsea's Mourinho team but Ronaldo turned from a show trick pony into an absolute machine of a footballer. My best moment as a United fan was his goal for the win at Fulham in 2006. Ran basically from the half way line at the 89th minute and somehow turned it into a goal by himself.

He has a big ego of himself and its obvious to anyone that trying to turn him into this super sub who comes on at the 89th minute will result in him throwing temper tantrums. Erik (or most likely the club aka Glazers) have handled this in a bizarre way in my view. The end result was right Ronaldo had to go but it should have been done last summer when we hired a coach who is focused on high pressing and winning the ball back.

It seems like we forced him to stay over the summer and he has decided to burn all bridges to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.