Cristiano Ronaldo leaves by mutual agreement | SIUUU Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedOnAPhelan

Piers’ obsession with Ronaldo is super weird. Regardless of where people stand on the “is Ronaldo a United legend?” argument - I can’t fathom having this much passion for a player, let alone one that never played for United and is arguably an Arsenal legend. Crazy.
I don't think he cares about Ronaldo at all. Morgan is a shameless narcissist himself who only sucks up to Ronaldo to get access and interviews.

TsuWave

When did you see this level on "pom-pom" whirling?
I never added a qualifier to my post about levels though. I said I find his obsession with Ronaldo odd seeing as though Ronaldo is arguably a legend for a rival club to the one he supports. You added it was sudden - to which I replied it’s not sudden as I’ve seen him do it for a few years and thought it was odd then.

Member 101269

I never added a qualifier to my post about levels though. I said I find his obsession with Ronaldo odd seeing as though Ronaldo is arguably a legend for a rival club to the one he supports. You added it was sudden - to which I replied it’s not sudden as I’ve seen him do it for a few years and thought it was odd then.
It's sudden; to suggest it otherwise you added you own qualifier. Before the first interview PM doesnt really mention Ronaldo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's sudden; to suggest it otherwise you added you own qualifier. Before the first interview PM doesnt really mention Ronaldo.
He interviewed him before when he was at RM/Juve, before that point he was a Messi fan.

Ever since then he's been Ronaldo mad.

Piers essentially piggybacks himself on more famous people, obsesses and talks about them non stop to act like he's in their company.

Ronaldo unfortunately loves the ego massaging, they're a perfect couple.

TsuWave

What? none of what you've just said makes sense - and as as you can see, other people are telling you he's been doing cheerleading routine for Ronaldo for a while.

Moonwalker

It's not sudden. He defended him over rape allegations on Good Morning Britain 4 years ago. He's been enamored with him for quite some time. It's sudden to people who haven't payed attention. And now that you've discovered that you are one of those, bring yourself up to speed.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You people arguing over that journalist is what's mad.

I'll settle it for you.

They are both cnuts of the highest order.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I feel like everything there is to talk about this is pretty much done, no? Wouldn't be against this thread being closed/moved out of the United forum since he's not a United player anymore.

Revaulx

You people arguing over that journalist is what's mad.

I'll settle it for you.

They are both cnuts of the highest order.
I hate it when people say “This”, but

This
I feel like everything there is to talk about this is pretty much done, no? Wouldn't be against this thread being closed/moved out of the United forum since he's not a United player anymore.
This also

Member 101269

It's not sudden. He defended him over rape allegations on Good Morning Britain 4 years ago. He's been enamored with him for quite some time. It's sudden to people who haven't payed attention. And now that you've discovered that you are one of those, bring yourself up to speed.
It is sudden; you mention on thing four years ago, now we have much more. is not only sudden, it's recent

Member 101269

What? none of what you've just said makes sense - and as as you can see, other people are telling you he's been doing cheerleading routine for Ronaldo for a while.
It doesn't make them right. for a while, you mean it's recent and sudden

TsuWave

It doesn't make them right. for a while, you mean it's recent and sudden
No, I used for a while for a period of time with no specificity. I have already told you it's not a sudden change I've observed. This has been corroborated by other people.

I don't know what you're trying to argue. Piers has been championing Ronaldo for years - this is verifiable and I find it odd. I find it even odder you trying to push it being sudden when I've already said I thought the same for years. Rest.

Amazing Santos

Makes so little sense doesn't it.
To leave a club with United's status, even not being 1st choice, to go to some D list league is bizarre beyond a simple money game.
It is an ego thing. He can't accept that he's completely washed and wants to play every minute of every game as if he's still in his prime. He's not anywhere near his prime and is far along into the twilight of his career. He's finished, and every day older he gets he is even more finished.

In his mind he is a victim who deserves to be treated like no one else. He doesn't like Ten Hag because he tries to control him and put him in his place. Maybe he'll have a bit more self awareness once he signs that 3 year Saudi contract. Roy Keane and co will take note and congratulate him on such a great career move.

Member 101269

No, I used for a while for a period of time with no specificity. I have already told you it's not a sudden change I've observed. This has been corroborated by other people.

I don't know what you're trying to argue. Piers has been championing Ronaldo for years - this is verifiable and I find it odd. I find it even odder you trying to push it being sudden when I've already said I thought the same for years. Rest.
:lol: oh dear

TsuWave

:confused: What's the confusion? I initially used "for a while" for a period of time with no specificity. With your insistence that it was a sudden change I THEN went on to elaborate that I've observed it for years to clarify to you it isn't a sudden change. This is how conversations progress.

Is English your first language? For clarification - no malice behind the question - you just seem to be struggling with basic concepts, and coming off quite odd, and that could potentially explain it.

Member 101269

:confused: What's the confusion? I initially used "for a while" for a period of time with no specificity. With your insistence that it was a sudden change I THEN went on to elaborate that I've observed it for years to clarify to you it isn't a sudden change. This is how conversations progress.

Is English your first language? For clarification - no malice behind the question - you just seem to be struggling with basic concepts and that could potentially explain it.

odd
1) for a while does have a specificity, you chose not to communicate it. You chose a subjective label for something you stated you have observed. The specificity is cognitive and labelling it with a subjective term is a choice.
2) supporting Ronaldo on an issue is very different than support Ronaldo on a range of issues and in the manner in which PM is doing, that, the current, is sudden and recent.

No disrespect, I'm not sure it's me that is struggling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It is an ego thing. He can't accept that he's completely washed and wants to play every minute of every game as if he's still in his prime. He's not anywhere near his prime and is far along into the twilight of his career. He's finished, and every day older he gets he is even more finished.

In his mind he is a victim who deserves to be treated like no one else. He doesn't like Ten Hag because he tries to control him and put him in his place. Maybe he'll have a bit more self awareness once he signs that 3 year Saudi contract. Roy Keane and co will take note and congratulate him on such a great career move.
I don't get this "finished" thing like some do. Finished players don't score 18 in the premier league the season before.

But anyway, he's gone now, so all that matters is us bringing someone else in that suits the tactics.
Early signs are that all the Ten Hag signings look good. But we have been here before 6months into a bunch of signings!

Gazza

I don't get this "finished" thing like some do. Finished players don't score 18 in the premier league the season before.

But anyway, he's gone now, so all that matters is us bringing someone else in that suits the tactics.
Early signs are that all the Ten Hag signings look good. But we have been here before 6months into a bunch of signings!
Last season was last season though, and he looked dreadful in about half the games he played last season as well. Things don't change overnight but it's been 6 months since he fizzled back in to life briefly with hat-tricks against Spurs and Norwich. There's ample evidence this season that he cannot handle Premier League football now.

The logic that last season he scored X goals and therefore he's not finished now can be argued against by looking for precedents: Alan Shearer scored 22 league goals in 2003/04 and then the very next season scored only 7. There's plenty of examples like that.

Amazing Santos

At that age your performance levels can drop to shit at any point in time there is only so much one can do about it. Sure it's not completely trivial and there are many factors at play but it is hugely correlated to age and it has happened to many other players too.

TsuWave

1) for a while does have a specificity, you chose not to communicate it. You chose a subjective label for something you stated you have observed. The specificity is cognitive and labelling it with a subjective term is a choice.
2) supporting Ronaldo on an issue is very different than support Ronaldo on a range of issues and in the manner in which PM is doing, that, the current, is sudden and recent.

No disrespect, I'm not sure it's me that is struggling.
:lol: you're a comedian

you keep adding qualifiers, labels and what I supposed meant to my posts. That's your damage, not mine. I said Piers' obsession with Ronaldo is odd to me. You said it's sudden, I said it's not - his cheerleading of Ronaldo through the years has always been odd to me. You then started talking about "levels of cheerleading" and now "supporting Ronaldo on an issue is very different than support Ronaldo on a range of issues" :lol: Joker

I am sure it's you that's struggling. It was a nice laugh though

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Last season was last season though, and he looked dreadful in about half the games he played last season as well. Things don't change overnight but it's been 6 months since he fizzled back in to life briefly with hat-tricks against Spurs and Norwich. There's ample evidence this season that he cannot handle Premier League football now.

The logic that last season he scored X goals and therefore he's not finished now can be argued against by looking for precedents: Alan Shearer scored 22 league goals in 2003/04 and then the very next season scored only 7. There's plenty of examples like that.
Take your point, but I still think if he hadn't been messing about in the summer, robbed himself of a pre-season where the hard yards are put in (not just the disco muscles for the Insta) he'd have been no worse than last year's goal threat.
Us moving away from that is another issue entirely, and obviously not being in the right condition was not only his own fault, but something Ten Hag could capitalise on beautifully. The way he handled it was absolutely spot on, and if you can handle Ronaldo this way, there's few players who are going to be difficult for you.

Gazza

Take your point, but I still think if he hadn't been messing about in the summer, robbed himself of a pre-season where the hard yards are put in (not just the disco muscles for the Insta) he'd have been no worse than last year's goal threat.
Us moving away from that is another issue entirely, and obviously not being in the right condition was not only his own fault, but something Ten Hag could capitalise on beautifully. The way he handled it was absolutely spot on, and if you can handle Ronaldo this way, there's few players who are going to be difficult for you.
Fair enough. Considering his goal threat wasn’t enough even last season, it’s immaterial whether he would have been “no worse” this time around with a preseason, since we would have needed him to actually be better in order to justify his salary and his totemic place in the team. He was an abject presence in about half of our league games last season and has gotten worse; to look for reasons or mitigating factors is to ignore the logical conclusion that he is actually a spent force at the top level.

Chief123

It’s a true delight to no longer have to see 4 Ronaldo threads of him creating havoc. So glad he’s booted.

Mr. Robot

It amazes me that Utd fans still spend time and energy debating Ronaldo.

It’s such a tedious subject, and has been for years. There are so many other things to look forward to when it comes to United, and interesting things to discuss yet some people still want to talk about a 37 year old narcissist?!

Just let it go :lol:

wolvored

Yes but he scored one was it this season?, so another season on he has got poorer and rightfully wasnt picked. Should we have kept Ole as manager, because the season before he had us finish in 2nd place?

Status
Not open for further replies.