Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

USREDEVIL

Just got my Authentic Ronaldo shirt. Looks fantastic. BUT i actually ordered the cup printing shirt as well (was going to return the authentic) because i like the lettering and numbering look. I ordered the cup version from United Direct, they charged by credit card, but i did not get any email confirmation as i did with the authentic shirt and i cannot get anyone to help. Chat is always "nobody available" and the phoneline is the same. Basically i've been robbed by United Direct.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Just got my Authentic Ronaldo shirt. Looks fantastic. BUT i actually ordered the cup printing shirt as well (was going to return the authentic) because i like the lettering and numbering look. I ordered the cup version from United Direct, they charged by credit card, but i did not get any email confirmation as i did with the authentic shirt and i cannot get anyone to help. Chat is always "nobody available" and the phoneline is the same. Basically i've been robbed by United Direct.
Player Issue?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Crazy that he keeps scoring but today, he missed 2 sitters. Should have got at least one pen though

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does anyone local know if they've restocked the megastore with Ronnie 7 shirts yet?

Am up there Tuesday, and just wondering if a quick nip in was worthwhile, rather than risking the scrum at the Villarreal game.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Aged 36 years and 226 days, Cristiano Ronaldo is now the second-oldest player to score in consecutive Premier League appearances for Manchester United, behind only Ryan Giggs (39y 86d).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am surprised to learn he is earning 70m USD from salary alone. I know he is still earning lower than Messi and Neymar who are both at 75m USD per year. If that’s the case his reported contract of 480k pounds per week, must be after tax figure, which is in fact around 960k before tax. And that’s around 52m pounds per year, which is 70m USD.

fps

Can't believe Cristiano's back in a United shirt. It's still surreal.

MDFC Manager

I am surprised to learn he is earning 70m USD from salary alone. I know he is still earning lower than Messi and Neymar who are both at 75m USD per year. If that’s the case his reported contract of 480k pounds per week, must be after tax figure, which is in fact around 960k before tax. And that’s around 52m pounds per year, which is 70m USD.
Nah, there's no way we're giving him a million a week. 480k per week pre tax sounds correct.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Nah, there's no way we're giving him a million a week. 480k per week pre tax sounds correct.
Sure but it just doesn’t adds up. He is earning 500k after tax in Juventus (1m before tax), and I heard he took a wage cut of around 6m per year after moving here. Now Forbes is reporting he is earning 70m USD per year.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Assume Forbes got it wrong, Ronaldo yearly salary should be 35m instead of 70m (before tax), his total yearly earnings would be around 90m then (35m salary + 55m endorsement), he would be 3rd behind Messi (110m) and Neymar (95m)

Luke1995

It would be nice if he started scoring from freekicks again. In his first stint with us he scored alot of them, and often beautiful ones.

You wonder why at Madrid his freekick technique declined.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It would be nice if he started scoring from freekicks again. In his first stint with us he scored alot of them, and often beautiful ones.

The first 2/3 seasons he was still scoring them. I'm not sure if it has to do anything with new ball designs or what but I suspect is also because him trying to score knuckleballs from every angle and distance.

cyberman

Ball manufactures designed the ball to kill knuckleball goals.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Ball manufactures designed the ball to kill knuckleball goals.
It wasn't the other way around? There was one world cup and euros I remember goal keepers crying a lot about the new the ball designs and how it made the thing move unpredictably for them, there were also some amazing long distance goals in those tournaments. Maybe balls are back to normal again, haven't played football in a while and wasn't very good so I really can't tell the difference. :lol:

Hey, you were right!
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/06/1...star-18-specifically-designed-stop-dip-swerve

He really needs to use a more conventional technique now.

Last edited:

cyberman

It wasn't the other way around? There was one world cup and euros I remember goal keepers crying a lot about the new the ball designs and how it made the thing move unpredictably for them, there were also some amazing long distance goals in those tournaments. Maybe balls are back to normal again, haven't played football in a while and wasn't very good so I really can't tell the difference. :lol:
Nah it’s the other way around nowadays. Every press release over a new ball are always banging on about having truer flight and other such nonsense
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2171343

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And still you know people will insist he was going to City until we came in.
As if we just casually chucked a massive deal in at the last minute, rather than planning it the second we got wind he was moving.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah it’s the other way around nowadays. Every press release over a new ball are always banging on about having truer flight and other such nonsense
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2171343
Oh you have a nike ball in the premier league, always liked those better than the adidas, except for the design they use in the champions league. I still think Ronaldo needs to try to hit the ball normally, I'm sure he's capable of scoring like that.

ti vu

Hey, you were right!
https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/06/1...star-18-specifically-designed-stop-dip-swerve

He really needs to use a more conventional technique now.
Even if we with dip swerve balls, the way they keep rolling out new balls for tournament with significant changes, freekick takers still need to adjust to have more control of their knuckleball freekicks. So the window between the end of club season and the beginning of the tournament, there is not enough time personal training with all the recovery, training to gel with teammates, and prepare for different scenario during the tournaments...

Denis79

And still you know people will insist he was going to City until we came in.
As if we just casually chucked a massive deal in at the last minute, rather than planning it the second we got wind he was moving.
Even heard how City decided not to go through with the deal so he joined us instead.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
But Ballbag said he was going to City. Im sure he knows better than his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.