Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

Some of our problems have nothing to do with him, but I do think we made our attacking play less dynamic since we bought him. I think we had more variety in our play when Greenwood was playing at striker, and think it would have continued with Cavani.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is 37. Has no ability except inside the box anymore.

Rashford's run is something he cannot do.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Second best 30 something year old striker on the pitch tonight. Probably in the club too if the other one could stay fit

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We havn't had a WC striker since RVP 2013 so it's hard to remember what it's like at United. What Ronaldo offers is quite limited.

Idxomer

All of the criticism of his time at Juve turned out to be true, who would've thought?

Anyone who wasn't a fanboy and watched Serie A last season.

Bebestation

He's 36 and is our leading scorer.
That's because nearly everything we do is trying to get the best out of him. This was not the case before.

We had Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani all able to link up and score a goal.

Ronaldo outside box can't even take a shot anymore without hitting the knee cap of the opposition.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Lazy excuse. United look lost completely from the defense to attack.

Put Whoever you want at striker and the result would be the same. That’s how bad United are right now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's because nearly everything we do is trying to get the best out of him. This was not the case before.

We had Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani all able to link up and score a goal.

Ronaldo outside box can't even take a shot anymore without hitting the knee cap of the opposition.
Rashford and Cavani not being available isn't his fault though is it.

Bebestation

It’s weird. Aren’t you a Ronaldo fanboy?
I am yet but i am also a United supporter and I don't think he is good enough anymore.

His ability to score a single goal a game for us is not that great because it reduces the goals from other players too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah who cares about the team. Ronaldo being lead scorer is what matters.
He also played meaningless full game for Portugal and scored a hat trick, and setting new records is also what matters, while not doing any running for us to save his energy.

Bebestation

Rashford and Cavani not being available isn't his fault though is it.
Greenwood scored three goals at the start and went to zero goals when Ronaldo came.

Now Ronaldo and Greenwood don't see eyes.

You want to get the best out of a 36-37 year old Ronaldo, I want to get the best out of a 20 year old Greenwood.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Greenwood scored three goals at the start and went to zero goals when Ronaldo came.

Now Ronaldo and Greenwood don't see eyes.

You want to get the best out of a 36-37 year old Ronaldo, I want to get the best out of a 20 year old Greenwood.
Its not an either/or. The problem isn't a particular player - its poor coaching and a manager who isn't qualified to lead this club.

Last edited:

Dinghy

Couldn't give a shit about how many tap-ins he'll get, he's a huge part of the problem and is probably the worst option we've got up front at the moment as the team is already unbalanced elsewhere. Got ourselfs another Rooney-problem.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Couldn't give a shit about how many tap-ins he'll get, he's a huge part of the problem and is probably the worst option we've got up front at the moment as the team is already unbalanced elsewhere. Got ourselfs another Rooney-problem.
His massive contract is a problem for sure. Having the hightest paid player in the prem on the bench is a problem. Hopefully at his age he'll be content with not starting every match.

SportingCP96

Supports
This guy is finished.

Just playing with a 33 year old version of Van Nistelrooy.
Blaming Ronaldo for Ole being one of the worse coaches in the league is laughable.

He did no more or no less then anyone else in this team. They are playing with no coach. United need a change and they need it now before they waste another team.

Premier league is passed Ole level.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Seriously? People are now blaming him ? He has his own issues but we have a manager who knows only long ball and counter attack. He needs a team that dominates. It's fecking embarrassing that we can't feed the GOAT with Pogba,Bruno,Sancho and Rashford.

Bebestation

Its not and either or. The problem isn't a particular player - its poor coaching and a manager who isn't qualified to lead this club.
Do you think Ronaldo has the ability to make the run that Rashford made today? The ball that Lindelof picked him out with?

Do you think he can go on a run and take a wonder shot like Greenwood anymore?

I don't.

Yet we are supposed to tune this team to get the best out of him. It just does not make sense.

lilcurt

I said it in the match day thread but you can't play Ronaldo, Pogba and Greenwood in the same 11. There just isn't enough work rate in those three and it can't be carried.

For Ronaldo to work he needs creative players around him with legs. Greenwood basically does the same job as Ronaldo, it is one or the other.

Pogba needs to play in a midfield three (currently Bruno is playing as a second striker).

We are all over the shop and its clear Ole doesn't know how to build the team around Ronnie or doesn't want to upset people.

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you think Ronaldo has the ability to make the run that Rashford made today? The ball that Lindelof picked him out with?

I don't.

Yet we are supposed to tune this team to get the best out of him. It just does not make sense.
Absolutely…. He was doing it with Juve…..

Blaming Ronaldo or anyone really when they problem is this dog shit coach is a lazy cop out.

You truly believe Cavani or anyone else up top with Ronaldo on the bench would be better? You would of lost this game the same.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Ole isn't capable enough to lead this team. As simple as that. Blaming Ronaldo for what's happening in the pitch is just a lazy excuse to support Ole.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I don't.

I think he has the ability to knock in 30-35 goals, which none of our other players can do. Again, the problem isn't one of the greatest players ever. Its the feckless, unqualified manager who can't seem to instill a winning mentality at this club.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

The price we have to pay for his tap ins is entirely too big. Needs to be sat on the bench.

Heinzesight

I said it in the match day thread but you can't play Ronaldo, Pogba and Greenwood in the same 11. There just isn't enough work rate in those three and it can't be carried.

For Ronaldo to work he needs creative players around him with legs. Greenwood basically does the same job as Ronaldo, it is one or the other.

Pogba needs to play in a midfield three (currently Bruno is playing as a second striker).

We are all over the shop and its clear Ole doesn't know how to build the team around Ronnie or doesn't want to upset people.
He’s too nice. Sadly, top managers have a bit of the cnut in them.

SportingCP96

Supports
Seeing some of the comments on here it does not shock my why United have been in shambles for years. Not only does the board or Manager not have a clue but neither do a lot of the fans.

A lot defending Ole when the man has done nothing in his here. It’s not a coincidence that every single player on this squad plays so much better during international break then at United.

Top to bottom this team performed better when they don’t play under Ole

You want some world class pressing? Go spend 100M on Bamford so you get some world class pressing and let me know how that goes.

KeanoMagicHat

A passenger who is clinical but just fundamentally disrupts top teams to too great of an extent these days, can see why Juventus wanted rid of him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Lazy excuse. United look lost completely from the defense to attack.

Put Whoever you want at striker and the result would be the same. That’s how bad United are right now.
Yeah, I agree. You would write off all of our forwards and anyone else we could buy right now. Cavani was the same against Everton, barely getting a sniff besides a first half header. Everyone recognises him as a high workrate workhorse.

We saw in the last 15 minutes once Rashford and Lingard came on, and the team had a better balance, that it was Ronaldo who was the biggest threat in the final third.

Ole, or whoever the manager is, has got to get the balance and cohesion of the team right. Currently we have a big disconnect between our front three who are entirely attack minded, Bruno just going berserk midfield, and a back six who are given no support from the forwards, naturally getting overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.