Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I need pics or, better yet, videos of Ronaldo with Fergie and maybe Sir Bobby if he's healthy enough eventually.

TheReligion

Abusive
This is the type of video i was looking for, thanks for sharing! :drool:

Him being in and around the box will attract at least 2 opposition players at any given time, with 1 of Bruno/Sancho/Pogba likely supplying him the ball, and 1 of Bruno/Sancho/Pogba/Greenwood/Rashford/Martial being left wide open for a pass when he's surrounded by defenders.

If we work on our movement off the ball and one touch passing, there's no reason why we can't score a lot of goals.
Hey no problems.

If you want some sentiment, and to get you hyped, check this one out..

I think he adds so much on and off the pitch. The squad will be buzzing to have him and just walking out along side him will give our younger players so much confidence.

I don't think this signing was planned and was opportunistic but it feels so right. Yes we have Cavani but who turns down Ronaldo? There's some posters complaining and saying he's not the same player etc. I get it but they asked every Premier League manager about it yesterday during pressers and SSN played their replies. Every single one made a comment about loving him in their team. Even Tuchel was gushing.

He's still phenomenal and will terrorise the league. Can't wait for that first goal at OT.

cyberman

It's not that simple though is it? Champions City have added a 100m+ player, CL winners Chelsea have fixed their one real weak spot with Lukaku and are actively looking to get more players in (Koundé, Saul) while their squad was arguably already stronger than ours, so while we may have gotten closer we're definitely not clear favourites in my opinion. We still have a glaring hole in midfield whereas City and Chelsea don't have such a hole in their squads. Having said that we should definitely be challenging across the board.
City have added a player where they were already strong in the belief they would add a world class striker next to him. Now they haven’t and it leaves them short up front. Two of your Chelsea examples are close to collapsing as we speak and really need to sign before we give Chelsea credit.
I didnt say clear favourites, it’s not being near the favourites which is a ridiculous thing to say. Everybody in the league would swap their window for ours and we should be winning the league now or questions should be asked. You don’t have to be clear favourites to be expected to win league titles

Castia

This is a 36 year old Ronaldo. What we are getting. He's still lethal, faster than most 25 year olds and has such quick feet and dribbling technique.
The guy is a freak. At 36 still one of the best, his pace for his age is ridiculous.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Hey no problems.

I think he adds so much on and off the pitch. The squad will be buzzing to have him and just walking out along side him will give our younger players so much confidence.

I don't think this signing was planned and was opportunistic but it feels so right. Yes we have Cavani but who turns down Ronaldo? There's some posters complaining and saying he's not the same player etc. I get it but they asked every Premier League manager about it yesterday during pressers and SSN played their replies. Every single one made a comment about loving him in their team. Even Tuchel was gushing.

He's still phenomenal and will terrorise the league. Can't wait for that first goal at OT.
That video is pure hype and nostalgia. Absolutely love it, goosebumps.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It's great and everything, of course, and without going through the last 43 pages, I wonder what his motivation is.

There's money, of course, but he was making that money at Juventus anyway. He was quite likely to win the league at Juventus, that's far from a certainty at United. The CL seems out of reach too. Both of which means the Ballon d'Or is unlikely.

Perhaps he feels he can make the difference and bring 1, or both, of those trophies to United?

We're going to score a lot of goals this season, no doubt about it, which may be enough to counter our defensive midfield weakness.

This could be a really big season for us. :devil:

TheReligion

Abusive
The guy is a freak. At 36 still one of the best, his pace for his age is ridiculous.
I think it's important people see what we are getting and don't just think 'oh he's 36 and can't do any of the things he used to do'.

He's still quick and more importantly he's still quick whilst carrying the ball. The latter being more important as it's much easier to be fast without. We will still get stepovers, showboating and trickery but not as much as when he was here last; he's a different player and yes he's older.

He scored 30+ goals last season though and has consistently done this for years now. Left foot, right foot, head. He still has sensational movement and will pull players out of position and open up gaps.

If anything as he's got older I feel he's become more of a team player.

That video is pure hype and nostalgia. Absolutely love it, goosebumps.
It's great right?

Member 101269

I mentioned in another thread i didn't go to the United v Leeds game because I had health reservation and was watching COVID stats. Nothing is going to stop me attending the next match, nothing..

Classical Mechanic

Ronaldo will pobably be the oldest player of his type at the top level in a few years. His years spent living like a monk when it comes to nutrition and looking after his body is likely to pay off.

Coxy

Sorry I’m sure this has been discussed before - but do we have any indication when his first game for us might be?

TheReligion

Abusive
It's great and everything, of course, and without going through the last 43 pages, I wonder what his motivation is.

There's money, of course, but he was making that money at Juventus anyway. He was quite likely to win the league at Juventus, that's far from a certainty at United. The CL seems out of reach too. Both of which means the Ballon d'Or is unlikely.

Perhaps he feels he can make the difference and bring 1, or both, of those trophies to United?

We're going to score a lot of goals this season, no doubt about it, which may be enough to counter our defensive midfield weakness.

I think it's pretty obvious what his motivation is?

I'm not sure why we aren't able to comprehend that he's still emotionally invested in United. Him coming back to the club to see out his career around people that idolise him and the chance to see Sir Alex again is just meant to be. Him being the one to help bring trophies back and develop our younger players, just like we helped him develop all that time ago. It's a fairly tale and what football should be about.

Messi to PSG had nothing compared to this.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ronaldo probably will be the oldest player of his type at the top level in a few years. His years spent living like a monk when it comes to nutrition and looking after his body is likely to pay off.
The thing with players of his age is one major injury can kill their career. No matter how good your nutrition is, there’s not a lot you can do about high impact injuries in key areas. Or at least that was the conventional wisdom! Zlatan’s comeback challenges that a little.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

This is a 36 year old Ronaldo. What we are getting. He's still lethal, faster than most 25 year olds and has such quick feet and dribbling technique.
Having not watched him much recently, I thought we’d be getting purely a goal scorer but his dribbling and skills are still ridiculous. Can’t fecking wait.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Hey no problems.

This video is fantastic, and reminded me that I was watching a compilation of all the goals he scored for us on MUTV, and that 07/08 campaign was ridiculous. Every other goal he scored was a contender for goal of the season.
Hopefully MUTV put that on youtube or something because it was such a great watch.

I agree his presence alone is going to lift us, Ibra & to a lesser extent Cavani raised our game, but Ronaldo is a different level - coupled with the history he has with the club? OT is going to be bouncing all season long, and opposition fans who boo him will only spur him on more tbh, he loves the aggro :lol:

Classical Mechanic

The thing with players of his age is one major injury can kill their career. No matter how good your nutrition is, there’s not a lot you can do about high impact injuries in key areas. Or at least that was the conventional wisdom! Zlatan’s comeback challenges that a little.
Things can happen of course but if there's a player most likely to play at this level to the age of 40 then it's Ronaldo.

TheReligion

Abusive
This video is fantastic, and reminded me that I was watching a compilation of all the goals he scored for us on MUTV, and that 07/08 campaign was ridiculous. Every other goal he scored was a contender for goal of the season.
Hopefully MUTV put that on youtube or something because it was such a great watch.

I agree his presence alone is going to lift us, Ibra & to a lesser extent Cavani raised our game, but Ronaldo is a different level - coupled with the history he has with the club? OT is going to be bouncing all season long, and opposition fans who boo him will only spur him on more tbh, he loves the aggro :lol:
Ultimately Zlatan and Cavani were great, and I'm sure Varane will be, but Ronaldo is one of us and it gives it that bit extra doesn't it.

Plus he's Cristiano Ronaldo. Pretty much everyone who plays the game aspires to be him. You just can't put a price on that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Well the primary reason is he wanted to leave Juve, it was never an ideal fit for either, a lot of the fans blamed him (or the transfer strategy around him) for their decline last year, and he never got close to the CL title he sought to bring them. He was starting to get dropped too. So both sides were mostly happier apart.

After that he can only go to a handful of clubs that can afford him. I reckon United would have been his first choice in England, but he’d happily have gone to City or PSG if we didn’t step in. There’s a lot of sentimentality about it but what’s crystal clear is he was on his way to City just 24hrs ago. That might’ve been because we weren’t in for him then, but he had no qualms about the move. Mostly because he wanted something different from Juve. The talk last week was about going back to Madrid too, not United. They were always his #1. Madrid just didn’t want him with Mbappe coming.

Spoony

The People's President
Ultimately Zlatan and Cavani were great, and I'm sure Varane will be, but Ronaldo is one of us and it gives it that bit extra doesn't it.

Plus he's Cristiano Ronaldo. Pretty much everyone who plays the game aspires to be him. You just can't put a price on that.

The thing that irks me is that Real saw the best of Ronaldo. I hope something like that never happens again - our best players moving on and peaking at other clubs.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think it's pretty obvious what his motivation is?

I'm not sure why we aren't able to comprehend that he's still emotionally invested in United. Him coming back to the club to see out his career around people that idolise him and the chance to see Sir Alex again is just meant to be. Him being the one to help bring trophies back and develop our younger players, just like we helped him develop all that time ago. It's a fairly tale and what football should be about.

Messi to PSG had nothing compared to this.
Please stop, I'm holding back the tears :(

Tyzer85

I woke up with a massive smile on my face this morning, it's still sinking in.

Mentality Monsters

I'm curious to see how we're going to sort out the shirt number situation.

Normally it's not a big deal but his brand revolves around that number. Don't Premier League rules prevent numbers being swapped once the season is underway?

TheReligion

Abusive
The thing that irks me is that Real saw the best of Ronaldo. I hope something like that never happens again - our best players moving on and peaking at other clubs.
Yeah I know but it is what it is.

I don't think you get many foreign one club players these days.

Rashford Greenwood might well be for us but the like of some of our foreign youngsters like Hannibal will likely want to move home or experience something else in the future.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm curious to see how we're going to sort out the shirt number situation.

Normally it's not a big deal but his brand revolves around that number. Don't Premier League rules prevent numbers being swapped once the season is underway?
Would Sterling have given up his Number 7 number at City?

I very much hope the number is not forced away from Cavani if allowed under Premier League rules.

Tiber

Ronaldo is 36, was the top scorer in Italy last season, above Lukaku. Played well in the Euros. Just signed for United.

Rooney is 36 next month. Now managers derby, after two years in the MLS and a season playing in the championship.

WPMUFC

Ronaldo is 36, was the top scorer in Italy last season, above Lukaku. Played well in the Euros. Just signed for United.

Rooney is 36 next month. Now managers derby, after two years in the MLS and a season playing in the championship.
lifestyle and genetics. In the case of these two people Lifestyle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>genetics :lol:

Ixion

Rooney is 36 next month. Now managers derby, after a year in the MLS and a season playing in the championship.
The difference between taking care of your body and being a piss-up merchant (no offense Wayne, exaggerating slightly).

In reality there is no reason hitting mid 30s should be the end of someone's career as long as you're not all about pace, it isn't "old". More and more players will play well into their 30s I imagine with the advances in sports science, nutrition, and just being disciplined. I get the impression Ronaldo is similar to Federer in how they take care of themselves.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Having not watched him much recently, I thought we’d be getting purely a goal scorer but his dribbling and skills are still ridiculous. Can’t fecking wait.
Oh, yeah. The guy is still an absolute machine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Peak Ronnie. But even Old Man Ronnie is on another level compared to anyone else in the league. It's just up to the squad as a whole to make sure he gets the support he needs.

I still can't believe it. Cristiano Ronaldo has come back! It doesn't matter one jot if he's 36 now when hes coming off the back of a season where he was top scorer in Italy and has physical conditioning that can only be described as "holy fecking shit." Let Messi run around Paris eating croissants and making sure his accountant keeps stuffing his wages under the floorboards.

We've got a club legend, arguably the most talented player to ever play for us, back home. And he isn't over the hill or looking for one last big payday. He's still playing at a level that puts folk ten years younger than him to shame. He wants to win, he wants to keep being the best. His knees will go before his determination.

Eddy_JukeZ

Would Sterling have given up his Number 7 number at City?

I very much hope the number is not forced away from Cavani if allowed under Premier League rules.
I think Cavani would happily give it up.

No idea on Sterling though.

Giggsyking

I think most important thing he will bring is the ego and the power to win and not accepting mediocrity. That is not a negative as some people mention here, it is a negative for the snowflakes. We had Cantona and Roy Keane in our dressing room ffs.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Wow i still can't believe it, i was updating our site and Fabrizios when "BOOOOM", we announced that the deal was a Here we go!" - and i just frozed up and couldn't move or say anything for at least 2 min before starting to laugh like a moron and my wife asked me what was going. And when i told here she ran to me and just hugged me and I got tear my eyes, and i looked at her and she had tears as well, we both just looked at each other with tears in our eyes for a minute before starting to sing "Viva Ronaldo" and i can't remember football made me so happy. No matter the results of this transfer, no matter trophies, how many goals/assists he provides - this is so much bigger! Cirkel of life. I just want to say that I love all you United fans, the club, SAF, the players, Ole and football! In hard times, somehow, it can always make you happy - and i am so grateful my father introduced me to this wonderful sport and specielly this amazing team almost 30 years ago. I really hope every person has a passion for something in life, besides the obvious things like family, friends etc, like we real football fans do.

Once again, thank you Manchester United for everything.
Love this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.