Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
With this signing I feel confident about United going deep in the Champions League.

Ronaldo is probably the greatest cup knockout player of the generation

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm curious to see how we're going to sort out the shirt number situation.

Normally it's not a big deal but his brand revolves around that number. Don't Premier League rules prevent numbers being swapped once the season is underway?
He switched over to #9 at Madrid without a big fuss, think it’s more of a fan thing

Spoony

The People's President
[/QUOTE]
I know the “they’ll get that back in shirt sales alone” is a myth but seriously, does anyone know how much the club makes on shirt sales (most goes to kit manufacturer?) because there’ll be a fair few sold around the world and can also see the buy impacting on some sponsorship negotiations?

I think shirt sales are included in the sponsorship fee paid by adidas..so I'm sure United won't benefit from that. But sponsors are probably queuing up to be associated with United and Ronaldo. We've been a drifting for years but I think that's about to change.

TheReligion

Abusive
I know the “they’ll get that back in shirt sales alone” is a myth but seriously, does anyone know how much the club makes on shirt sales (most goes to kit manufacturer?) because there’ll be a fair few sold around the world and can also see the buy impacting on some sponsorship negotiations?
It's not an absolute myth. The club will get plenty of extra revenue from the signing.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I think the kit manufacturer pay X amount to club, club get that amount, then manufacturer gets whatever amount made from sales.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Rather then getting Ronaldo himself For me the most important thing in this whole saga is the intent and drive we have shown in the market and footballing world that we are here to get the best players out there and compete and be the best

Something that we coincidentally lost since Ronaldo himself left us back in 2009 ( replacing him with a drab scouser even though we received a record fee for the boy)and basically just competing due to Fergie and the winning core we had left for the time being

So I'm really hoping his return is an augur of good things to come and him bringing back the intent to be the best that glazers took from us when he left

So viva United and to what is to come

Reactions: Sultan

Bobski

Mersons written him off so golden boot and another treble on the way.
I have some doubts, at 36 you have to be considering a steep decline is imminent, I think he can still get good numbers, the success of this is if he makes Utd better, that is less certain, but I have to think his very presence brings confidence to the rest of the players, that standard of professionalism and excellence he brings has to be a challenge for the rest.

Trying not to get too excited, but...

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Also just how bizarre this whole saga was and how everyone including myself flip flaped

Atleast in the end I guess @RedRonaldo got vindicated :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I have some doubts, at 36 you have to be considering a steep decline is imminent, I think he can still get good numbers, the success of this is if he makes Utd better, that is less certain, but I have to think his very presence brings confidence to the rest of the players, that standard of professionalism and excellence he brings has to be a challenge for the rest.

Trying not to get too excited, but...
Have you heard of Zlatan Ibrahimovic

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course, but I hope our fans are not expecting 27 yo Ronaldo, he is a much different player now.
He's more of a team player actually but you'll still get tricks and insane dribbling ability. Obviously he's older but he's still very quick when carrying the ball and I think will surprise a few people who haven't been watching him recently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Does the man speak? When will he say something about returning
Probably when it's officially done like all our other signings! This is the first announcement that we always make before the signing actually gets completed and announced.

MDFC Manager

I think shirt sales are included in the sponsorship fee paid by adidas..so I'm sure United won't benefit from that. But sponsors are probably queuing up to be associated with United and Ronaldo. We've been a drifting for years but I think that's about to change.
We will still make money out of merchandise sold on the club channels (megastore, club website etc.)

Anything that's directly sold by adidas, we wouldn't make money off

Boy Wonder

The real issue the fans want to know from this Ronaldo transfer is have we signed Cristiano Jr yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.