Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

He did, because they were the only club in for him. According to the Athletic, Mendes offered us Ronaldo even before that, but we didn't think he'd leave Juve.

Once we became involved, he chose us.

Who cares in the end? We got him. Is he 100% loyal to us? No, but that's a very rare trait in today's game either way.
I think it was clear from the reports that he considered Man City and that's when they were the only option (the clubs that could afford him). The moment we were involved, it was easy decision for him, at least as per the reports and how quick the deal was wrapped up.
Yeah I have no problem with him considering other clubs, including our rivals. Glad he joined us, and can hopefully lead us to great things!

SIGNED

Dudu

Confirmation of medical!
  • Personal terms have been agreed for a two-year contract.
  • Manchester United have inserted a one-year option on the deal
  • The required aspects of the deal will be finalised before the deadline, while the Visa process is ongoing.
I assume that means 2 with option to extend 1 more?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Will be disappointed if there aren't reports of him "having the body of a 20-something" following his medical

Dempsey19

Aaargh thanks. Didn't know that. Still don't think we will take 7 from Cavani.
Apparently Cavani is willing to give up the #7. A special request needs to be put forward to the PL. It has never been done before apparently but it can be done. I think its beneficial for everyone providing Cavani is okay with switching. The CR7 brand is huge.

BetRed

Our away end was buzzing after the goal yesterday. Sounded amazing on the telly with the "viva Ronaldo". Anyone got a decent clip on that?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Confirmation of medical!
  • Personal terms have been agreed for a two-year contract.
  • Manchester United have inserted a one-year option on the deal
  • The required aspects of the deal will be finalised before the deadline, while the Visa process is ongoing.
I assume that means 2 with option to extend 1 more?
Brilliant, I could see him playing another 3 years easily.

bond19821982

Given that PSG broke their record in social media with Messi's announcement I hope we do a bigger one for CR7. Has the potential to be the biggest ever in sports. Hope these guys make it worth it

Eddy_JukeZ

Given that PSG broke their record in social media with Messi's announcement I hope we do a bigger one for CR7. Has the potential to be the biggest ever in sports. Hope these guys make it worth it
The instagram and twitter post have already broken the record for most likes from a sports club.

Ronaldo's own instagram post will probably break the most likes in a sports related post(currently held by Messi).

IrishRedDevil

We have already blew them out of the water.

12.9 million likes on Instagram for United since Friday vs 7.5 million for PSG.

bond19821982

We have already blew them out of the water.

12.9 million likes on Instagram for United since Friday vs 7.5 million for PSG.
The instagram and twitter post have already broken the record for most likes from a sports club.

Ronaldo's own instagram post will probably break the most likes in a sports related post(currently held by Messi).
I know, the confirmation and unveiling is what I meant. I see another record post for the club and player.

Eddy_JukeZ

Is he at Carrington for the contract signing? Article says he's completed his medical AT Manchester United
He's in Lisbon.

It's poor wording. It should say 'for Manchester United'

Maybe he'll fly back here for the announcement/unveiling and then fly back. Or we'll do the unveiling after the international games.

Cal?

CR7 fan

His leaving Juve one already has 53m views

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s a good job we have international break so he should be sorted and signed for when we get back. He has to sort his visa out which I dunno how long that will take but it took Varane a while didn’t it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Apparently Cavani is willing to give up the #7. A special request needs to be put forward to the PL. It has never been done before apparently but it can be done. I think its beneficial for everyone providing Cavani is okay with switching. The CR7 brand is huge.
Agreed, if it's possible and Cavani doesn't mind - it would be great.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Is he at Carrington for the contract signing? Article says he's completed his medical AT Manchester United
No it's in Lisbon and he's staying there to join up with the Portugal squad this week. We won't see him at Carrington until after the international break.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
So none of you UK residents wont be allowed to see his first match vs Newcastle on the tv ? :houllier:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's in Lisbon.

It's poor wording. It should say 'for Manchester United'

Maybe he'll fly back here for the announcement/unveiling and then fly back. Or we'll do the unveiling after the international games.
Portugal has a match on the 1st, so it would really have to be today. Otherwise, we'll see an announcement whilst he's away like how Pogba did with Lukaku. Maybe we'll see something with Bruno and Ronaldo.

Eddy_JukeZ

Agreed, if it's possible and Cavani doesn't mind - it would be great.
Cavani likely won't mind.

I doubt we'd force him to change numbers, but he'll give it up knowing Ronaldo's history with the number at the club.

The Premier League won't decline the request.

Fluctuation0161

]
I just realized that Pogba hasn't been active on social media for a few days, and hasn't been hyping Ronaldos signing either. Felt a little out of place since he's been so active lately
I thought the same. I think he knows he is leaving, or doesn't like not being the main man.

gorky_utd

I just realized that Pogba hasn't been active on social media for a few days, and hasn't been hyping Ronaldos signing either. Felt a little out of place since he's been so active lately
He posted on twitter after the win.

The Firestarter

Cue Klopp moaning about it after.

cyberman

So none of you UK residents wont be allowed to see his first match vs Newcastle on the tv ? :houllier:
I was gonna say it’ll be moved but I don’t think it can with the CL game mid week.
This could be the most illegally streamed game in the history of UK tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.