Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Super duper goat mentality there. At least he didnt look defeated. But anyway. He´s 38 and in semi retirement. Usually no one gives a feck about what great players do in China, the middle east and the MLS. If he hadnt bigged it up himself a lot of people would care less.

Biggins

Super duper goat mentality there. At least he didnt look defeated. But anyway. He´s 38 and in semi retirement. Usually no one gives a feck about what great players do in China, the middle east and the MLS. If he hadnt bigged it up himself a lot of people would care less.
Don’t think many people actually care. For better or worse, CR is regarded a club legend thus interest on United forum. However, apart from this I doubt that, for example, a Chelsea supporter follows CR in Saudi.

Gehrman

Don’t think many people actually care. For better or worse, CR is regarded a club legend thus interest on United forum. However, apart from this I doubt that, for example, a Chelsea supporter follows CR in Saudi.
I guess twitter gives a misguided view on the reality of all of this.

Ladron de redcafe

14 goals (5 pens) and 2 assists in 19 games (1701 minutes)
0,74 goals/90
0,48 npG/90
0,85 G+A/90
0,58 npG+A/90
Thank you. Someone posted it in another forum. He's apparently 7th in the Saudi league in production, and is even further from the top in a bunch of other metrics.

Non-penalty G+A per 90:

PlayernpG+A
Kaku0.9
Talisca0.84
Al Buraikan0.81
Carlos0.80
Ighalo0.77
Boubpendza0.75

Are all ahead.

TheGame

I see the Ronaldo fanboys latest attack lines on social media is that Messi is moving to the MLS at 35 when Ronaldo was still playing in Europe. Completely ignoring that it’s a different situation and Messi could have stayed in Europe if he wanted:

cyberman

I see the Ronaldo fanboys latest attack lines on social media is that Messi is moving to the MLS at 35 when Ronaldo was still playing in Europe. Completely ignoring that it’s a different situation and Messi could have stayed in Europe if he wanted:
To be fair moving to PSG at 33 is just as bad

cyberman

Yeah it was the only place he could realistically, no one else could afford him.
I’m sure he could have worked out some sort of deal.
It really is a shame. It seems we’ve lost a good 3/4 years of Messi under a great manager in the big games.

wr8_utd

:'(
Messi is 36 this month so he'll be moving and playing there at 36, not that the pointless argument really matters.

wr8_utd

:'(
I’m sure he could have worked out some sort of deal.
It really is a shame. It seems we’ve lost a good 3/4 years of Messi under a great manager in the big games.
I think City would have been the only other realistic option and it would have been to see him under Pep once again but I don't think the PSG move worked out all that bad for him given he got to play himself into fitness and form ahead of the WC, the only thing he cared about.

Irwin99

Feck's sake are people still doing the Messi vs Ronaldo thing? That debate should have ended when Messi won the World Cup.

TheLittleOne

Feck's sake are people still doing the Messi vs Ronaldo thing? That debate should have ended when Messi won the World Cup.
It should have never been a thing in the first place. Both are amongst the best ever why not enjoy both?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Messi is 36 this month so he'll be moving and playing there at 36, not that the pointless argument really matters.
Well Ronaldo literally moved to Saudi early this January and played there at 38.

Not that it was under the same circumstance though, but if its purely on the age argument (not on the manner of their exit), there will always be 2 years apart between them where they moved away from the relevant league in Europe.

Libero_of_Yore

Well Ronaldo literally moved to Saudi early this January and played there at 38.

Not that it was under the same circumstance though, but if its purely on the age argument (not on the manner of their exit), there will always be 2 years apart between them where they moved away from the relevant league in Europe.
That will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Messis WC put paid to any kind of reasonable comparisons going forwards. Leo has completed football. Time to live and enjoy life.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
As a United fan, I wish Ronaldo moved 2 years earlier as well.

predator

Youth NITK
I remember when we signed him in 2003 when i was 9 years old and the picture on the back of the mail or the sun was that of Brazilian Ronaldo with a phone in his hand, which was basically a piss take, in the UK must I say.
I remember my mum telling me she read all about him and his background in Madeira growing up but for me Ronaldo De Lima was the only Ronaldo.

Anyway we also must give credit to the likes of Rio, Butt?, Keane, Scholes, even Oshea who literally had the balls to tell SAF that he needs to sign this player after playing Sporting in that friendly. Them lot knew how good he was, more than any non professional ever would have.

6 years later he's cemented himself as our best player ever. That 42 goal season when we won CL in Moscow was special.
He's the second best player ever in my opinion but I despise how his legacy has been ruined. It took a Piers Morgan interview and his elderly ego to destroy it all.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Im sure he went there thinking he would be treated like a king of football, smashing every record and playing for the unstoppable team and have players and manager catering to his needs.

Turns out he is just one of the decorations to add to the league and the transfer of Benzema to Itihad only confirms this. They want to have their big matches for people around the world to watch and that means signing aging, class players and have them play in different teams. Who wouldnt watch Ronaldo vs Benzema? them playing in the same team doesnt generate as much hype.

Youre a tool Ronaldo. Youre only there for their marketing needs.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Well these are the same kind of fans who think the saudi league is tougher than the MLS and Messi is running from the challenge of playing in the actually much worse Saudi League.

Messi is 36 in about 10 days. Who gives a shit if Ronaldo played in Europe a bit longer. Ronaldo himelf said he would retire immediately if he won the WC.

And Messi was far better younger player and hit his prime earlier as well.

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

Well these are the same kind if fans who think the saudi league is tougher than the MLS and Messi is running from the challenge of playing in the actually much worse Saudi League.

Messi is 36 in about 10 days. Who gives a shit if Ronaldo played in Europe a bit longer. Ronaldo himelf said he would retire immediately if he won the WC.

Why don’t you just go back to the Ronaldo vs Messi thread?

SirMonteyne

Well these are the same kind if fans who think the saudi league is tougher than the MLS and Messi is running from the challenge of playing in the actually much worse Saudi League.

You are obsessed with their rivalry. Meditation is a great way to reduce stress and boost your mood. It's also a great way to connect with your inner self and to find peace and clarity.

Gehrman

Probably for this exact reason.
They could have kept it open and people who werent interested could have put it on ignore. I have several threads on ignore. Anyway i was responding to a poster who isnt you.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I remember when we signed him in 2003 when i was 9 years old and the picture on the back of the mail or the sun was that of Brazilian Ronaldo with a phone in his hand, which was basically a piss take, in the UK must I say.
I remember my mum telling me she read all about him and his background in Madeira growing up but for me Ronaldo De Lima was the only Ronaldo.

Anyway we also must give credit to the likes of Rio, Butt?, Keane, Scholes, even Oshea who literally had the balls to tell SAF that he needs to sign this player after playing Sporting in that friendly. Them lot knew how good he was, more than any non professional ever would have.

6 years later he's cemented himself as our best player ever. That 42 goal season when we won CL in Moscow was special.
He's the second best player ever in my opinion but I despise how his legacy has been ruined. It took a Piers Morgan interview and his elderly ego to destroy it all.
We already were signing him.

Nicolarra90

I do that when I lose in my Sunday league games. Thank you I didn't know I'm a goat.

Lee565

Ighalo > ronaldo haha, to think we were actually happy to keep ronaldo for another season had he not cried to piers and then replaced him with a god awful wout when we probably would have been better off brining ighalo back

mshnsh

Why ignore the beginning? Messi was already world class by 19, Ronaldo only became world class at 21.
So there is the 2 year gap made up right there.
Anyhow, the Argentine has always been the better footballer, quite easily.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why ignore the beginning? Messi was already world class by 19, Ronaldo only became world class at 21.
So there is the 2 year gap made up right there.
Anyhow, the Argentine has always been the better footballer, quite easily.
Well I do agree their consistency/longevity level are almost the same. Its really hard to nail down who wins the contest there, It really depends on which angle you are looking at. IMO they are both at GOAT level in terms of their consistency/longevity.

Total appearances:
Messi: 1082+
Ronaldo: 1202+

Seasons in top 4 league:
Messi: 16
Ronaldo: 19

Seasons in top 7 league
Messi: 18
Ronaldo: 20

Ballon D'or shortlisted:
Messi: 16 times (likely 17)
Ronaldo: 18 times

Ballon D'or top 3 finish:
Messi: 13 times (likely 14)
Ronaldo: 12 times

Seasons scoring 40+ goals
Messi: 10 times
Ronaldo: 9 times

Seasons scoring 30+ goals
Messi: 13 times
Ronaldo: 12 times

Seasons scoring 20+ goals
Messi: 14 times
Ronaldo: 16 times

I mean those selected stats do give us an idea of how long have they been maintaining their peak form at the highest level, and those are indeed very close numbers.

Basically I think in terms of quantity at the very top level Ronaldo does edge abit, whereas in terms of quality at the highest level Messi seems capable of maintaining at highest level abit more.

Historically speaking I am not sure if theres another players who could match those level of consistency/longevity at football highest level. Maybe Puskas and Di Stefano?

Last edited: