Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Somebody needs to tell Ronaldo that the only thing you can't get back in life is time. When you are already worth 500Millions and have plenty of sources to make more income, you shouldn't throw 1-2 years of your life away in Saudi Arabia. Maybe he should get better life coaches than Jordan fecking Peterson and get on with his life.
He's finished at top level though, there's not much left to do with his time as a footballer, he's 37 not 32. It's expected that a player of his age ends up in some lower level league for one last paycheck.

Cloud7

Ronaldo fanboys on the caf will soon be telling us how good the Saudi league is

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What an absolute tool :lol: :lol:

His legacy in pieces,

Also, no need to announce it the day after Pele's death, which says it all.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Probably. He wants that all time record of 190 goals in the Saudi Pro League :lol:

I just saw they only have a 25k capacity stadium too.
At least he won't have to worry about the chanting...

"Saudi Boys, we're on a bender! Cristiano's a....well you know the rest"

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
He's finished at top level though, there's not much left to do with his time as a footballer, he's 37 not 32. It's expected that a player of his age ends up in some lower level league for one last paycheck.
Yep, 98% of players done at top level at 33, Cristiano lasting until 36 was indeed more than the normal thing.

Nothing wrong with going to Saudi Arabia at 37, perhaps he should have been more humble instead of going ham in the interview with Morgan.

dove

He wanted to leave us, fair enough. But to make an interview with Piers fecking Morgan where he cried about lack of standards, how he wants to play in the CL and that he still wants to win top trophies and break records just to feck off to Saudi Arabia after a few weeks is hilarious. What a fall from grace.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
What an absolute tool :lol: :lol:

His legacy in pieces,

Also, no need to announce it the day after Pele's death, which says it all.
I mean that has absolutely nothing to do with it in fairness.

Oranges038

Nothing wrong with heading over there to finish out a career at the top, it's more how the move has manifested that makes him look like a complete tool. If he had to have been humble enough accept his decline and move out of the spotlight with some grace and humility it wouldn't have such an air of desperation about it.

But I doubt he'll care too much when he's got those 100s of millions in the bank.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
At this stage of his career I can see why, but doing what he did was a joke. He could have been a squad player until the summer.

Shame no CL clubs for him, I wonder how well he will do in the Saudi league, but any goals there I doubt people will see as counting much towards his records.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
The interview makes sense now. He had to leave Utd immediately if he wanted to get to Saudi in time to help this team win the league

r1z3mu

Cristiano Ronaldo on Al Nassr move: “I’m thrilled for a new experience in a different league and a different country, the vision that Al Nassr has is very inspiring”. #RonaldoI’m very excited to join my teammates, and to help the team to achieve more success”.

Wow, what a looser. I guess 65 million will help alleviate excruciating pain of Messi winning World Cup and securing his status of GOAT.

yeti

totally humiliated himself and his fanboys. giving it the big un to everyone , that interview and he winds up playing for a nobody from nowhere.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will Portugal continue picking him?
I imagine he’ll make the team as long as he wants to. Mendes probably has more than enough sway to keep Ronaldo in the team

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Is there an Asian Balon D'or? He'll get them to give him that for the next couple of years and he'll finally be able to get close to Messi

NYAS

It is now. Think they'll definitely sell out their meagre stadium now (capacity is only 25K). That being said, this is retirement.
No chance. They could get Messi, Neymar and Mbappe too and they still wouldn’t come close to Al-Hilal.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Is there an Asian Balon D'or? He'll get them to give him that for the next couple of years and he'll finally be able to get close to Messi
Saudi league player of the year every year, and player of the month each month. Guaranteed penalty a game for him and they'll rig up opposition defenders for remote control electric shocks so he can score 5 a game to help his stats I think.

Either way none of what he achieves in the league there matters, no rational fan can justify goals or awards in a league that's not even top 20.

Lewnited

75,000 that sing your name every week without fail, even in spite of him disrespecting the club the first time around. Instead of riding that wave until the end of the season he blew up his entire legacy for... this? :lol:

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
A joke of a human. Taking money from these head chopping scumbags is a fitting legacy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No chance. They could get Messi, Neymar and Mbappe too and they still wouldn’t come close to Al-Hilal.
I was going to ask you. They are not really a formidable club. Are they relevant?

Zen86

Did a good job of ensuring no half decent team would want to go near him, so SA isn’t a massive surprise.

tenpoless

This reeks of McKinsey graduate who joined a huge, fast growing tech company, bankrupted it and is now working at a local McDonalds because no other companies want him.

Herman Toothrot

Well, clearly some maturity and self-awareness would have seen him signing this exact deal in May after finishing a Premier League season at a team he deeply loves. I'm sure the Andrew Tate/Musk arm of his fanbase will take some joy in their idol getting even more money and wave it around as a victory. Bless.

Matt007a

This is so weird. I know the money being offered is mental but I genuinely thought he would stay in Europe somewhere and take a pay cut. He’s so obsessed with his legacy and his records. Maybe he really didn’t have any other clubs in for him.

On the flip side if he starts scoring for fun because the league is so weak he will be happy. No one else will take those goals seriously but he will absolutely be adding them to his tally and claiming to be the top goal scorer ever.

I really hope he’s sitting at home now regretting everything he’s done in the last 6 months. Disrespected the club so badly and so incredibly selfish and unprofessional.

NYAS

I was going to ask you. They are not really a formidable club. Are they relevant?
They are one of the big clubs within Saudi but they are not a giant, and not really relevant on a continental level.

For example, Al-Hilal are a monster club.

But this is a national project. If it wasn’t going to be Al-Nassr, it would have been another Saudi club.