Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

If Ronaldo came back he would be taking all penalties and there would not be a debate about it.
Ronaldo's conversion rate for pens is 84% and he's missed something like 9 over the past 5 years. Bruno's is 91% but he's only missed 3 in his whole career.

Anyone with such an ego he would demand to take penalties over someone who is clearly better at the job can feck off.

Anyway, I can't see Ronaldo coming back to the PL and at this stage of his career I don't think it would be a good move for him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ronaldo's conversion rate for pens is 84% and he's missed something like 9 over the past 5 years. Bruno's is 91% but he's only missed 3 in his whole career.

Anyone with such an ego he would demand to take penalties over someone who is clearly better at the job can feck off.

Anyway, I can't see Ronaldo coming back to the PL and at this stage of his career I don't think it would be a good move for him.
Anybody knows is taking them for Portugal when both are on the pitch?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Anybody knows is taking them for Portugal when both are on the pitch?
Ronaldo will keep playing until he breaks the NT goal scoring record, there’s no way he gives up any pens/direct FKs to anyone until he retires.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seems to be CF as part of a front two.
Unsure how that works for us, then. If we have Sancho/Rashford on either flank with Cavani up top. I'm assuming the plan is to have Ronaldo and Cavani fight for one spot? Not sure if that's worth the wages.

Withnail

Unsure how that works for us, then. If we have Sancho/Rashford on either flank with Cavani up top. I'm assuming the plan is to have Ronaldo and Cavani fight for one spot? Not sure if that's worth the wages.
It's doesn't suit us at all.

He'd also demand massive wages and he won't be free. I don't know why but a lot of people don't seem to realise he has a year left. I don't believe for 1 second it's a real possibility in any case but I think it's a terrible idea.

jesperjaap

Not sure I get the argument with "if he s fighting for a spot with Cavani it isnt worth it with the wages"......Kane would be doing the same thing and cost at least £100m more, Ings would cost more in terms of a transfer fee and probably be a similar cost overall for the next couple of years. Ronaldo would also offer cover across all the attacking positions. Isnt the whole idea of wanting a striker this summer to compete with Cavani especially with worries over the number of games he can play next year?

Of course his ego is big but all this greedy demanding comments I think are disrespectful to him as a player and not justified as arguments to not signing him.

Personally I am not sure either way. See a lot of positives and a few negatives, the never go back thing does spring to mind emotionally with him though.

Probably 40/60 on us resigning him....however the never happens swap deal scenario would definately work.... Ronaldo and DeLigt for Pogba would be a virtual zero net spend allowing us to spend big for a cm or two and a Sancho/Grealish

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well it would make the Rice being our central midfield target make sense. Him and Rashford in the bottom percentile for pressing from the front G/A’ing their way through poor performances. :drool:

It's doesn't suit us at all.

He'd also demand massive wages and he won't be free. I don't know why but a lot of people don't seem to realise he has a year left. I don't believe for 1 second it's a real possibility in any case but I think it's a terrible idea.
I think there’s a reasonable chance Juventus let him go for free or for a nominal fee. His wages are a problem.

that doesn’t mean I think we should sign him. He’s absolutely the wrong player for us.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not sure I get the argument with "if he s fighting for a spot with Cavani it isnt worth it with the wages"......Kane would be doing the same thing and cost at least £100m more, Ings would cost more in terms of a transfer fee and probably be a similar cost overall for the next couple of years. Ronaldo would also offer cover across all the attacking positions. Isnt the whole idea of wanting a striker this summer to compete with Cavani especially with worries over the number of games he can play next year?

Of course his ego is big but all this greedy demanding comments I think are disrespectful to him as a player and not justified as arguments to not signing him.

Personally I am not sure either way. See a lot of positives and a few negatives, the never go back thing does spring to mind emotionally with him though.

Probably 40/60 on us resigning him....however the never happens swap deal scenario would definately work.... Ronaldo and DeLigt for Pogba would be a virtual zero net spend allowing us to spend big for a cm or two and a Sancho/Grealish
I believe swap deals are very interesting to clubs in the current situation. Juve and Barca did it with Pjanic and Arthur, the reason being that you can activate the fee as an asset. Say you sign a footballer for 100m pound and give him a contract over 5 years. When you sign him, the 100m aren't costs because you can activitate the license as an intangible asset. But you have to depreciate it over the contract duration, so you have annual costs of 20m. After four years, the player is only "worth" 20m in the books. Now imagine two clubs change two players who are worth 20m in the books but say they paid each other 100m for them. Both players' fees will be actiivated as assets, meaning that both clubs have "earned" 80m without either of them paying a penny. That's exactly what Juve and Barca did with Arthur and Pjanic. A bit shady and it is not actually increasing your liquidity but it might help to fulfill certain accounting regulations.

CH23

Ronaldo should go to MLS. Break some records and enjoy life there. No point in returning to United at this stage of his career.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Cristiano can have number 23. For a number of time he used us for a better contract.

Sporting should be his last station if he moves from Juve.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If the number 7 shirt proves to be a sticking point in negotiations then that’s another reason why we shouldn’t be signing him. It’s the exact sort of prima donna shit Ole’s been trying to oust since he got here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Cavani and Ronaldo up front with Bruno feeding them.

Make it happen Ed. Oh wait he's sacked.
Make it happen next Ed Woodward

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Messi staying in Barcelona. Something special about spending playing for one team instead of team hopping like ronaldo. Hope he ends his career in Madrid or united.

I would take him back even though he is a finished player... As a mentor.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Messi staying in Barcelona. Something special about spending playing for one team instead of team hopping like ronaldo. Hope he ends his career in Madrid or united.

I would take him back even though he is a finished player... As a mentor.
Finished as a player? He's got 41 goals and 5 assists playing in a terrible Juve team.

lsd

The Oracle
I can only assume people against him coming back are absolute idiots who have no idea of what football is and simply stumbled onto this site by mistake because they wanted to post about marvel films

Status
Not open for further replies.