Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

You say this but I think he'd easily smash in 30+ goals. He has adapted his play to be an out and out striker, he's not really going to run the channels and he won't press but he'll get on the end of everything, which is really what we need because, as much as I love Cavani's work ethic off the ball, it's pretty pointless when we don't press well as a team. Why would it be humiliating?

I personally don't think it would interest him but you're talking about a player who essentially guarantees 30+ goals a season (Juve first season he 'only' got 28 in 43) and never has his stats padded (as much as I hate that term) through EL games - whereas Cavani, who I like FYI, didn't score in 4 CL apps, didn't score in 3 FA cups apps and has 9 in 25 PL games. That's not to knock Cavani and he's been injured/ come off the bench a load but our issue is chance creation/finishing and Ronaldo fixes (as much as a single player can) the latter.
Easily smash 30+ goals based on what? While he has scored 35 goals this season 9 of them came from penalties. We already have Bruno for that, so we are talking about a 36 year old player that without penalties scores around 25 goals per season in Italy but somehow he will came into the premier league as smash 30+ goals. Please explain that logic.

He is undoubtfully still an important player and would be starting here, doesnt matter if he can still score or whatever he is declining with worldclass wages and if you acually see him playing you can see he is not the player he used to be. Obvioulsy the phyisical part of the game is affecting him. That combined with the fact that he left us at his prime and is just considering comming here because Juve is failing massively is a no from me. He wasnt interested when he left Madrid did he? we should not be best second to anyone not even Ronaldo.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
You really think Bruno would be taking pens and not Ronaldo?
Definitely, Bruno is the best in the world at taking penalties. Taking penalties used to be such a cluster f before Bruno arrived. Now a days, its almost automatic.

tomaldinho1

Easily smash 30+ goals based on what? While he has scored 35 goals this season 9 of them came from penalties. We already have Bruno for that, so we are talking about a 36 year old player that without penalties scores around 25 goals per season in Italy but somehow he will came into the premier league as smash 30+ goals. Please explain that logic.

He is undoubtfully still an important player and would be starting here, doesnt matter if he can still score or whatever he is declining with worldclass wages and if you acually see him playing you can see he is not the player he used to be. Obvioulsy the phyisical part of the game is affecting him. That combined with the fact that he left us at his prime and is just considering comming here because Juve is failing massively is a no from me. He wasnt interested when he left Madrid did he? we should not be best second to anyone not even Ronaldo.
I didn't say 30+ in the PL alone, he did that before with us but no way he does that without penalties, not sure if any player has done it without penalties before. If he came here, he'd defo be taking penalties (which is part of why I don't think it would interest him, given I assume we wouldn't take Bruno off them).

SAFMUTD

I didn't say 30+ in the PL alone, he did that before with us but no way he does that without penalties, not sure if any player has done it without penalties before. If he came here, he'd defo be taking penalties (which is part of why I don't think it would interest him, given I assume we wouldn't take Bruno off them).
So basically you agree with me saying we shouldnt bring him back?

tomaldinho1

So basically you agree with me saying we shouldnt bring him back?
I said in my first post I don’t think it will happen. Would I take him over Cavani, yes. Would he be my No1 target? No.
Not sure if it was you (but you replied to me) but the poster said it would be humiliating to resign him and I don’t get what’s humiliating about it. He’s still a goal scoring machine.

SAFMUTD

I said in my first post I don’t think it will happen. Would I take him over Cavani, yes. Would he be my No1 target? No.
Not sure if it was you (but you replied to me) but the poster said it would be humiliating to resign him and I don’t get what’s humiliating about it. He’s still a goal scoring machine.
It was me, I do think it would be somewhat humilliating because we would be seen as a second choice. As I said before we shouldnt be second choice for no one, not even Cristiano.

tomaldinho1

It was me, I do think it would be somewhat humilliating because we would be seen as a second choice. As I said before we shouldnt be second choice for no one, not even Cristiano.
We were second choice for Cavani, is that also humiliating?

SAFMUTD

We were second choice for Cavani, is that also humiliating?
Its different, Cavani didnt leave us then moved to a different team eventhough we wanted him. Dont try to twist it as if its a "signing a veteran" argument, you know its not.

tomaldinho1

Its different, Cavani didnt leave us then moved to a different team eventhough we wanted him. Dont try to twist it as if its a "signing a veteran" argument, you know its not.
I genuinely don't have a clue what you're on about now. We've established it doesn't matter if we're 2nd choice, so how would it be humiliating?

Gonçalo Motta

I don't get it. He came, won everything that we could have win for a club and then moved on to a new challenge that happened to be playing for a club that he wanted to play since he was little.

15 years later and people are still mad about it. Weird stuff.

lsd

The Oracle
Definitely, Bruno is the best in the world at taking penalties. Taking penalties used to be such a cluster f before Bruno arrived. Now a days, its almost automatic.

If Ronaldo came back he would be taking all penalties and there would not be a debate about it.

M16Red

On a free for a year, why not?

He's an athlete it's bound to help some younger players

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's no Cavani or Zlatan, as beloved as he is, he is still very much a self centered egomaniac. I don't see him taking anyone under his wing.

Green_Red

If I were Ronaldo I'd be looking to go back to Sporting to finish out my career. As romantic as it would seem his career wouldn't end on a high here

RUCK4444

Disgusting suggestion. I would stop watching PL football until I was safe from potentially seeing CR7 wearing that plastic strip.

Also I'm not sure why you think Ronaldo wouldn't take a player under his wing, players have nothing but positive things to say about playing alongside him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If I were Ronaldo I'd be looking to go back to Sporting to finish out my career. As romantic as it would seem his career wouldn't end on a high here
It didn’t the first time round tbf. Tonked by Messi and co in his last game. But I take your point.

SAFMUTD

If Ronaldo came back he would be taking all penalties and there would not be a debate about it.
Your probably right but that doesnt mean Cristiano is better than Bruno at penalties.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Disgusting suggestion. I would stop watching PL football until I was safe from potentially seeing CR7 wearing that plastic strip.

Also I'm not sure why you think Ronaldo wouldn't take a player under his wing, players have nothing but positive things to say about playing alongside him.
There's been reports that his team mates in Juve are tired of all the extra privileges he has. The latest example being that he got to skip practice last week to go to the Ferrari factory with Agnelli to pick up a new car.

I love him for that, but apparently his team mates weren't as enthusiastic about it as I am.

RUCK4444

There's been reports that his team mates in Juve are tired of all the extra privileges he has. The latest example being that he got to skip practice last week to go to the Ferrari factory with Agnelli to pick up a new car.

I love him for that, but apparently his team mates weren't as enthusiastic about it as I am.
In fairness if ever there we’re a reason to skip training :D

I mean what can one teach Ronnie in a single training session, he’s in better shape than the rest of them anyway hehe

dinostar77

Dont buy this for a second. Its Ronaldo's camp putting out messages because he wants CL football next season. If juventus makes CL then this will all die down.

Not what Utd need right now at all. The midfield aint strong enough to carry a passenger.

AaronRedDevil

The thing is. Harry Kane is unattainable at this time so Ronnie would make sense. He is gettable IF he wants to leave. That's a big if though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ronaldo, Cavani, Bruno, and Pogba would terrorize the league. Also great for Greenwood to learn a few things from Ronnie.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s not what we need, and we’re not what he needs either. He’s 36, he doesn’t need a project, and we don’t need a declining ball hog on 500k a week.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Juventus should still make CL as AC Milan and Athlanta are playing each other, so one has falter, a bit like Chelsea and Leicster midweek.

dinostar77

Lets play this out, say utd were gonna sign ronaldo. Heres the list of issues it creates;

1. Ronaldo plays off a target man, we have Cavani and thats it. Martial can play no9 badly but would drift into positions that ronaldo takes up.

2. Ronaldo is off the left and drifting in, the same position that rashford and martial play when used off the left.

3. When ronaldo was at Utd, fletcher had to sit deep on the right in a midfield 3 to help protect neville as ronaldo would track back. Who do we have in midfield on the left of that would be pogba, who himself is rubbish at tracking back and going with runners. So we would need a left sided defensive midfielder to do a Darren Fletcher.

4. Shaw would need to curtail his attacking game, to stop our left side from being overwhelmed. Our best fullback would be in a straightjacket.

5. Ronaldo would come in on the highest wages. We are trying to get Pogba to sign a new deal and Riola to come down from the stupid 400k a week hes asking for pogba. We are also trying to get bruno to sign a nee deal again he'd want a substantial payrise more than what is proposed now.

6. Our play goes through bruno, ronaldo would certainly affect that. As would ronaldo insistance on taking pens and freekicks (the latter of which he has a awful record for conversions).

I think i have made enough points. As romantic as it sounds of him coming back, it opens up a huge can of worms.

SeanyC

I simply don’t see it, to me it’s a desperation signing at best, one to make a go at it for the league, one year contract is all. Go get a young out and out forward, this Sulemana kid sound promising

Womp

idiot
As great a player he is/was, I don't think he suits us right now. Over the years, he has become a player who has become more and more reliant on his team. We have gaping holes in our squad that we need to fill, need to complete the squad first.

AkaAkuma

If he came with the attitude of Cavani, wants first team football but knows his limitations, fine with me.

If we are happy with Ings being an option, then I'd take an agreeable 1-2yr deal with Ronaldo.

Also no fee, but contract - who cares, he'd be an anomaly and Pogba, Bruno would look at it as a chance to train with a legend.

Social Faux Pas

Juventus should still make CL as AC Milan and Athlanta are playing each other, so one has falter, a bit like Chelsea and Leicster midweek.
Atlanta has already qualified for the champions league as they have a better head to head against Juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.