Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Whoever is against this signing, give your head a wobble. He would improve us greatly and would immediately raise the demands and expectations from those around him in the same way Bruno has.

I also don't get the fuss around him stunting the growth of youngsters, he would help them and they could learn loads from him and give youngsters a taste of what hard work and dedication can achieve.

In two years from now we can have Rashford(25), Greenwood(21), and Amad(21) leading the line for us
There are legit concerns that it would be like playing 10 v 11 when you don't have the ball with Ronaldo in your side. He won't lead your press as a striker, he won't win defensive headers or retrieve the ball when he loses it like Cavani and instead stands outside the area trying to get on the counter.

His hard work and putting in the hard yards all happen when he wants to get on the end of a ball to score a goal and as he's grown older, he's gotten more economical about where and when he exerts himself.

croadyman

Whoever is against this signing, give your head a wobble. He would improve us greatly and would immediately raise the demands and expectations from those around him in the same way Bruno has.

I also don't get the fuss around him stunting the growth of youngsters, he would help them and they could learn loads from him and give youngsters a taste of what hard work and dedication can achieve.

In two years from now we can have Rashford(25), Greenwood(21), and Amad(21) leading the line for us
Will say the same as others that would be all for it providing we still get CB & CDM at least

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think there's too much money tax relief wise in Italy for him to make at best a lateral move
I don't think it would matter to be honest. He could simply add another sponsorship deal to his current list and make up any difference.

lsd

The Oracle
I can't believe a United fan would not want Ronaldo back knowing he is still a goal machine

No doubt they are worried it will impact Martial's place or Bruno won't be running the show

croadyman

I can't believe a United fan would not want Ronaldo back knowing he is still a goal machine

No doubt they are worried it will impact Martial's place or Bruno won't be running the show
Would take him back in heartbeat provided we still get the two key defensive positions behind him

flappyjay

Put the romanticism aside if getting Ronaldo hits our finances like it did Juventus we will end up surrounding him with mediocre players. We still need to get a dm, cb and rw. If we sort those positions out and still bring him in the could be league is ours.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

We need to look long term.
Ronaldo hasn't played here for 12 years now, is 36, and will expect to be the main player, taking pens, free kicks and have it all built round him.
He'll expect about 500k a week, and apart from pure nostalgia it doesn't make huge sense when we have other positions that are essential to fill.

I'd still love to see Ronaldo score of course, but it just has a very real chance of being a let down and not like it was first time.

justsomebloke

Would take him back in heartbeat provided we still get the two key defensive positions behind him
Our transfer allocation is 85m. You'd spend a good chunk of that on Ronaldo? And pay him 25m or more in wages? To have him in the team for a couple of years while he's 36-38 years old, while several key long-term needs remain unaddressed?

I know there are people here not buying into the rebuild thing, but really, this is exactly the sort of "fan impatience meets marketability" nonsense that has made this club the sorry spectacle it's been since SAF retired. Where's the strategy? Where's the commitment to actually see through the process of building a team that will compete not just next year, but in five years? Chucked out the window in favor of another starry-eyed, wishful thinking quick fix.

Look at City. We're all moaning about their superior and expensive squad. But what they do is patiently buy top talent that fit their long term plan, not one of whom cost them more than 60m, and not one of whom was brought in to be Mr. Salvation for a couple of years, certainly not at the expense of major unadressed needs that will still be there when CR hangs up his boots. If we do this, we're being a shit club who deserves nothing more than we've already gotten for the past 8 years.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Our transfer allocation is 85m. You'd spend a good chunk of that on Ronaldo? And pay him 25m or more in wages? To have him in the team for a couple of years while he's 36-38 years old, while several key long-term needs remain unaddressed?

I know there are people here not buying into the rebuild thing, but really, this is exactly the sort of "fan impatience meets marketability" nonsense that has made this club the sorry spectacle it's been since SAF retired. Where's the strategy? Where's the commitment to actually see through the process of building a team that will compete not just next year, but in five years? Chucked out the window in favor of another starry-eyed, wishful thinking quick fix.

Look at City. We're all moaning about their superior and expensive squad. But what they do is patiently buy top talent that fit their long term plan, not one of whom cost them more than 60m, and not one of whom was brought in to be Mr. Salvation for a couple of years, certainly not at the expense of major unadressed needs that will still be there when CR hangs up his boots. If we do this, we're being a shit club who deserves nothing more than we've already gotten for the past 8 years.
How ironic.

Ole is doing just that and people bitch and moan he/we aren’t buying enough world stars like Bruno.

This forum man doesn’t even know what it wants anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That being said I’m growing ever more confident that CR7 would be returning this year, there’s just too much smoke for there not to be a fire

kiristao

I will be surprised if he comes to United. He has already proved himself in England and to do something similar after a 12 year gap at the age of 36 is very unlikely. It can only hurt his legacy.

We need an rvn

I...think he might be coming home.
it's not home. He left and peaked for 10 years elsewhere and now wants a final payday and we're willing to give it to him for marketing reasons. Yes he'll score, but other clubs will be investing in the future.

Think about it for a second, we'd be the only "top" club with a 33 and 35 year old as our main strikers

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ronaldo - Cavani - Rashford
-----------B. Fernandes

Looks good on paper tbf
4 shooters.... nah. We need creators in our front 4. It's why Rashford and Greenwood together just doesn't work. It's not even like it's 2 normal wingers. It's wide forwards, either side of a pure #9, with a support striker behind him, in front of 2 holding midfielders who can't create.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I can’t see us signing both sancho and Ronaldo so if it’s one or the other then it has to be sancho for me. I feel like if we don’t get sancho this summer then we will never get him. He’s a younger player and will add a ton of goals and assist to our team. As much as we all love Ronaldo it’s not worth risking is legacy.

Matthew84!

He best not be coming back, cost way to much in wages, moans too much, probably is too old now and let's face it, he's uses Utd for pay rises for the past 12 years. He can stay in Italy out the way.
No benefits to him coming, he'd sulk every time Bruno took a pen.

izec

Him and Messi are past it and a burden. Accept it, time to move on

Even if hard for some to understand, but they make the team worse, even if shining individually. Their age and impact isn't as big as it was on the pitch, except for wages. No thanks

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How ironic.

Ole is doing just that and people bitch and moan he/we aren’t buying enough world stars like Bruno.

This forum man doesn’t even know what it wants anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That being said I’m growing ever more confident that CR7 would be returning this year, there’s just too much smoke for there not to be a fire

There's been the smoke without a fire the last 10 years.

lsd

The Oracle
it's not home. He left and peaked for 10 years elsewhere and now wants a final payday and we're willing to give it to him for marketing reasons. Yes he'll score, but other clubs will be investing in the future.

Think about it for a second, we'd be the only "top" club with a 33 and 35 year old as our main strikers

Do goals not count if the players who score them are over 30?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I actually can't believe that a United fan would be willing to take him back without question. He decided to abandon us when he was entering his prime, we apparently weren't enough for him, weren't enough for his prime. So you will excuse me if I don't want him back when he has declined and is at the twilight of his career.

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I actually can't believe that a United fan would be willing to take him back without question. He decided to abandon us when he was entering his prime, we apparently weren't enough for him, weren't enough for his prime. So you will excuse me if I don't want him back when he has declined and is at the twilight of his career.
When an ex girlfriend leaves you for one of your biggest rivals and then comes crawling back when she’s past her best.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I’d prefer to remember him for what he was than come back and potentially not hit the heights. If Cavani didn’t renew then maybe, but I think it’s for the best we don’t follow up.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I respect that opinion. I was gutted to see him go and I felt we got small money for him at the time, and that's only been further entrenched in hindsight. However, I would be quite excited by him coming back and then I weigh up what's important to me about football, and United specifically, and it's to enjoy the matches and look forward to each game. Ronnie would definitely increase that enjoyment for me.

That being said, I don't think Juventus can really expect a fee for him. He's turning 37, Allegri wants him out, the board allegedly want him out, he's costing them far too much. Best case scenario, they part with him on a free and he takes a pay cut, with a heavily incentivised contract.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I respect that opinion. I was gutted to see him go and I felt we got small money for him at the time, and that's only been further entrenched in hindsight. However, I would be quite excited by him coming back and then I weigh up what's important to me about football, and United specifically, and it's to enjoy the matches and look forward to each game. Ronnie would definitely increase that enjoyment for me.

That being said, I don't think Juventus can really expect a fee for him. He's turning 37, Allegri wants him out, the board allegedly want him out, he's costing them far too much. Best case scenario, they part with him on a free and he takes a pay cut, with a heavily incentivised contract.
Personally, I think he’d take a pay cut to be a part of this squad.

he could certainly just take ddg’s wage... he’d actually deserve it though

Foxbatt

There are legit concerns that it would be like playing 10 v 11 when you don't have the ball with Ronaldo in your side. He won't lead your press as a striker, he won't win defensive headers or retrieve the ball when he loses it like Cavani and instead stands outside the area trying to get on the counter.

His hard work and putting in the hard yards all happen when he wants to get on the end of a ball to score a goal and as he's grown older, he's gotten more economical about where and when he exerts himself.
He still does a lot of defensive heading. But he is still a goal machine. For two years he can still lead the line. At least on free kicks we will have Ronaldo, Maguire and Cavani as aerial threats. Not sure if he will come or not though.

croadyman

He still does a lot of defensive heading. But he is still a goal machine. For two years he can still lead the line. At least on free kicks we will have Ronaldo, Maguire and Cavani as aerial threats. Not sure if he will come or not though.
You make some very good points but he simply has to be a bonus signing IF we can still afford after the CB, CDM & RW

flappyjay

Couldn't have said it better.

KrasHammerhand

Yes he can score, but everything would have to go through him. This is such a colossal error taking a 34 year old at the end of the career.

The group running the team looking to appease the masses with a shiny toy.

el3mel

Having Ronaldo and Cavani together as +34 years old strikers honestly doesn't make any kind of sense, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.