Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

In a world where Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Messi are potentially available, United go for 36 year old (37 in Feb) Ronaldo ? As much as I love Ronaldo this would epitomize everything that's wrong with United. And yeah everyone will say but....but.....we cant get those players! Maybe but the United of old would.

Judas

Open to offers
In a world where Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Messi are potentially available, United go for 36 year old (37 in Feb) Ronaldo ? As much as I love Ronaldo this would epitomize everything that's wrong with United. And yeah everyone will say but....but.....we cant get those players! Maybe but the United of old would.
That's like me listing off a load of single supermodels to my mate, then asking him why he's still going after Jess who works in ASDA.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Of the players you mention there, Kane is the only one United of old (Fergie) would have seriously pursued this season given their prices.

Fergie would also 100% be looking at bringing Ronaldo back for a season if it proves economically viable.

My prediction is that we look to get Sancho, Trippier and a centre back. Then Ronaldo will depend on how we get on with departures. If it does happen I wouldn’t be surprised if we pay Juve £15-20m for a season long loan and cover his wages or a loan swap for Martial.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Anytime I’ve watched him recently he looked not very good, like a player that is about to retire.
I don’t think United would be in for him if he becomes available, it’s pure nostalgia..
He has similar scoring stats as Haaland or Mbappe this season. You just don’t retire if you still score as many as the 2 most sought after players in the world.

padzilla

Hipster
His presence in the squad would be a huge boost to the younger players in terms of being able to learn from him. The question is would Ronaldo join us and be happy with a supporting rather than starring role, I suspect the answer is no.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His presence in the squad would be a huge boost to the younger players in terms of being able to learn from him. The question is would Ronaldo join us and be happy with a supporting rather than starring role, I suspect the answer is no.
There's not a single player who'd be the star over Ronaldo any place he goes.

Bruno is happy enough to let him have the shine in the national team, Pogba hasn't shown he's ever capable of taking that role. Neither Rashford nor Greenwood are there either.

Red Stone

Worth his wages alone just as a mentor for our youngsters. He brings a mentality with him that creates a team full of winners, just like Cantona, Keane and Zlatan before him. It's no coincidence that we haven't won a trophy since Zlatan left. It's no coincidence that we've gone up a level since Bruno came in with his excellent attitude. People underestimate how important it is to have these personalities in the squad, and we sure as hell have more than a few players that need that kick up the arse.

UpWithRivers

That's like me listing off a load of single supermodels to my mate, then asking him why he's still going after Jess who works in ASDA.
No. Its like a load of supermodels are flirting with Becks but he thinks he cant pull anymore so he goes for Naomi Cambell who was the best of the best in her day but is 51 years old now!

padzilla

Hipster
Him returning would only be an issue if it was at the expense of strengthening the squad in other areas. If we got a decent right sided attacker with a quality DM, which would end the tactic of play two mediocre players there in McT and Fred, and a top class centre back to start with Maguire as well as Ronaldo it would be a great window. What we will actually get is probably one of the above and about three 16 year olds who will be loaned out immediately and will never be good enough for the first team.

Deery

Dreary
He has similar scoring stats as Haaland or Mbappe this season. You just don’t retire if you still score as many as the 2 most sought after players in the world.
Yeah looks a lot more revitalised this tournament great performance from a 36 year old, his goal scoring is insane!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just to throw in, won’t cavani be away at the COPA America at the start of the season?
We will start with Martial unless more options are available. Martial scored 7 goals last season!

Idxomer

Just to throw in, won’t cavani be away at the COPA America at the start of the season?
We will start with Martial unless more options are available. Martial scored 7 goals last season!
Copa will end a day before the Euros.

Hughes35

He won't come back I don't think but my god I hope he does.

He'd be brilliant for us on and off the pitch. What an inspiration for the likes of Greenwood and Rashford.

Ananke

Don't know why we wouldn't take him if we had the chance. Unless it's going to blow our budget and stop us being able to bring in anyone else. The guy is a machine and scores goals for fun.

If he got better supply from Portugal yesterday he'd have had a field day. Unfortunately, Jota was playing.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
If Man Utd. really want a 'Galactico', would Gareth Bale not be a better option?

Broadly similar wages I bet, but he is 4 years younger.

I have seen both their last 2 matches and there were similarities and differences: both had penalties (one good, one bad!) both did amazing work on the wing, right at the death, but I'd argue that for 85 mins Ronaldo was pretty ineffective whilst Bale was superb throughout the whole game.

(P.S. I'm not Welsh!)

RUCK4444

If Man Utd. really want a 'Galactico', would Gareth Bale not be a better option?

I have seen both their last 2 matches and there were similarities and differences: both had penalties (one good, one bad!) both did amazing work on the wing, right at the death, but I'd argue that for 85 mins Ronaldo was pretty ineffective whilst Bale was superb throughout the whole game.

(P.S. I'm not Welsh!)
Well I’m Welsh and no, no bale is nowhere near as good and as effective as Ronnie.

I’d much much rather spend money on Ronaldo compared to Bale.

snk123

Didn’t the club doctor at Real say he had a body 10 years younger? I mean he is arguably the fittest athlete alive and trains just as hard - may beat all records age wise as well.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

(P.S. I'm not Welsh!)
I would not have Bale anywhere near the club, this guy doesnt have the drive in him to transform a team and make them winners.
Ronaldo on the other hand does, everything is done with conviction and determination. He doesnt let up, his drive and desire to excel and keep on improving is why he would be welcomed with open arms back into the team. Bale is all about playing golf, he turns up for the NT because its Wales and its his last hurrah, at Spurs he was mediocre and very rarely got a game, either injured or poor form.

Not bad for a player that was ineffective for 85mins that he ended the game with 2 goals and should have had 4

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn’t the club doctor at Real say he had a body 10 years younger? I mean he is arguably the fittest athlete alive and trains just as hard - may beat all records age wise as well.
Just have a feeling his body would age like Morgan Freeman once he takes a flight back to Manchester. Hopefully not the case though.

lsd

The Oracle

Who on earth would Ronaldo be supporting in the present United team? Have you watched us recently?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who on earth would Ronaldo be supporting in the present United team? Have you watched us recently?
Clearly he'd be supporting Rashy from the bench, when he's in one of his 15 match spells in shoddy form. Normally because of a massive injury he's bravely, but unwisely carrying on through.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
why would you want him to be a supporting cast when he is the super star in the team?

lsd

The Oracle
why would you want him to be a supporting cast when he is the super star in the team?

I swear people are going on like he is 50 years of age and plays like he is 90 years

A 36yo Ronaldo is like a 25 yo Rooney he will easily be scoring for fun at 40.

He has looked after himself all his career to keep playing at the highest level is totally dedicated and a born winner yet people think he should be a back up should Martial look tired with ten minutes to go

chicha14

He would be worth every penny based on mentality alone! Imagine being an up-and-coming forward (17-23) and learning from Ronaldo and Cavani every day. Rashford 23, Greenwood 19, Amad 18, Shoretire 17, Elanga 19, Sancho? (21). If it doesn't work out immediately, this signing can definitely pay dividends in 2 years time +-.
Ronaldo will undoubtedly add to what Bruno has brought in terms of attitude and hunger, he is still a serial winner and has it in him to take us up a gear and close the gap on those ahead of us. Cannot say that about many other realistic targets.

Gandalf

(P.S. I'm not Welsh!)
I am Welsh and it is a toss up whether I love Gareth or my oldest son most but having said that, feck no, Gareth will keep cashing checks for another year or two and should they qualify will go to the World Cup with Wales but he has no real interest in club football anymore.

Jericholyte2

There's not a single player who'd be the star over Ronaldo any place he goes.

Bruno is happy enough to let him have the shine in the national team, Pogba hasn't shown he's ever capable of taking that role. Neither Rashford nor Greenwood are there either.
Would that also not be a quiet blessing?

Ronaldo takes the headlines whilst Sancho, Rashford et al can thrive with a slightly dimmer spotlight on them?

SirMonteyne

Getting a natural-born winner is always a good choice.
He will take all pressures on the field on himself alone, Rashy Pogba Bruno and even Lindelof will play much better with him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Would that also not be a quiet blessing?

Ronaldo takes the headlines whilst Sancho, Rashford et al can thrive with a slightly dimmer spotlight on them?
He’d absolutely soak up all the pressure from outside but he can also be more demanding of his teammates than anyone these lads have played with. So, some will probably improve for it and others will wilt when Ronaldo throws a tantrum at every overhit pass.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He’d absolutely soak up all the pressure from outside but he can also be more demanding of his teammates than anyone these lads have played with. So, some will probably improve for it and others will wilt when Ronaldo throws a tantrum at every overhit pass.
Jota just had a first hand experience. If he keeps playing like that Joao Felix will take his place.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Isn't the Copa America on now and end the same date as the Euros? Or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.