Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Being linked to the rags in the rags :(. That would be horrible.
I've seen that link and if you'd bothered to read the article Ronaldo actually says he would never go there and find it very very very very very difficult to play for City.

Nothing article.

-------

City are looking for a big name striker this summer after Sergio Aguero left the club for Barcelona and it is thought Ronaldo is leaving current side Juventus.

The Italian club are understood to not be able to afford the football legend's wages due to the financial hit they've taken during the pandemic.

Other rumours had suggested the star was headed back to former club Manchester United but it's now been widely reported that he could sign for their rivals.

Ronaldo first spoke about City rumours all the way back in 2013 where he was far from keen to join the club.

He said: "To play for City not United? I’m not going to do that. Why? Because my heart’s in Manchester United, that’s why.

"I can say it would be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very difficult to play at Manchester City. Very difficult because of Manchester United."

dinostar77

Got 0% chance of going to Madrid. PSG will need to sell players to get him on the wage bill id presume? PSG should stay far away from Ronaldo. Way too top heavy with Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo and none of them doing any defensive work off the ball. You'd need 3 x clones of kante in midfield to cover that forward line.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Going back to Madrid would be madness.

PSG for a new league to conquer maybe for a season or 2 and then off to wherever the up and coming big money new league is to see it out for a couple of years until retirement.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd give him a two-year contract in a heartbeat. Part of me feels he will end up at Inter Miami for a year wherever he goes first - not that he needs to - for fun; a bit like George Best remembering how to enjoy football in the US (I remember seeing him in a game for San Jose where he thrilled the crowd and scored a bloody fantastic goal)

RedSinha

A question just popped into my head as I watched a year old video of Sir Alex talking about the first time United played Sporting, which led to us signing Ronaldo. He mentions that United had agreed a transfer for Ronaldo but that Sporting wanted an additional year for it to materialise. We went all in and got him a year early due to his performance in the friendly.

Were there any chatter around Europe about a "generational talent" from Sporting, like it happens these days with even 14 year old wonderkids? Were people talking about a future superstar or was it more of a "hit and miss" flair youngster? If he were to come up through the youth ranks today, what would the discussion around him be like?

dinostar77

A question just popped into my head as I watched a year old video of Sir Alex talking about the first time United played Sporting, which led to us signing Ronaldo. He mentions that United had agreed a transfer for Ronaldo but that Sporting wanted an additional year for it to materialise. We went all in and got him a year early due to his performance in the friendly.

Were there any chatter around Europe about a "generational talent" from Sporting, like it happens these days with even 14 year old wonderkids? Were people talking about a future superstar or was it more of a "hit and miss" flair youngster? If he were to come up through the youth ranks today, what would the discussion around him be like?
The term generation talent wasn't in use in football then. Its an american sports term that has come over recently and applies to every young player with promise. He was a wonderkid for sure.

Arsenal and Juventus were scouting him alledgedly. Utd knew of him but it wasn't until we played them that after the game Rio and some othe players were raving about his ability. Basically fergie and the chairman did the deal after the game and flew Ronaldo and his family to Carrington the next day to sign.

Fergie recently spoke about this in a video he did with gary neville for Ladsbible on YouTube. He explains the story much better then.

As someone who remembers Ronaldo feom his first game for us, no one absolutely no one had any idea he could become the player he has today. His 10 stepovers and losing the ball was infuriating but we all saw the promise of a potential top winger in him, with maturity and experience. Never the player he became.

Ladron de redcafe

Well, his dream of joining PSG is dead because PSG decided to go all out for Messi instead.

I don't see him going back to Madrid because I'm not sure the move makes sense for him or for them. He'll run out his contract, and it will be interesting to see what he does next summer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Well, his dream of joining PSG is dead because PSG decided to go all out for Messi instead.

I don't see him going back to Madrid because I'm not sure the move makes sense for him or for them. He'll run out his contract, and it will be interesting to see what he does next summer.
He’s staying at Juve to finish out his contract and then playing his final years at his home club and retiring at Sporting.

I’m convinced that will happen.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
In my opinion he will end up on another contract with Juventus, because now he knows that he is not needed in anywhere with his big wages.

Rolaholic

As incredible as that would be as a football fan, can't help but feel sad over the stranglehold that Oil money has on football

Statue of Limitations

Ronaldo, even at this age is a no brainer for a free signing if the wages aren't an issue.
Mbappe on a free, boy that is going to be massive.

AaronRedDevil

As incredible as that would be as a football fan, can't help but feel sad over the stranglehold that Oil money has on football
:eek: would love for this to happen. Hell they could do it this summer if mbappe leaves. I'm pretty sure Juve wanted Ronaldo gone because they can't afford him?

TsuWave

would be horrible to see Ronaldo and Messi in the same team. It's bad as it is with Messi and Ramos. Some beef is everlasting, and should remain so. For entertainment purposes, discussion and competitiveness of the sport.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
PSG are just playing football manager, I bet they'll organise a friendly against Stoke on a cold Tuesday night.

Giggsy13

He got nothing left to prove in Europe, why not go to the MLS then and play for the La Galaxy or Inter Miami.

Judas

Open to offers
would be horrible to see Ronaldo and Messi in the same team. It's bad as it is with Messi and Ramos. Some beef is everlasting, and should remain so. For entertainment purposes, discussion and competitiveness of the sport.
I don't think there is beef though, is there? It's not wrestling. They're competitive with one another, but at this point in their careers? Why not see two of the best ever linking up. PSG is like real life FIFA now anyways, why not take it that one step further.

Houdini

I always see stuff like this and never really understand it it.

How could a professional footballer react badly if another player moans at them for not passing?

It happens in football all the time and I'm sure it's brushed off for what it is

I remember people saying Cole lost confidence because Eric used to throw his hands up when he missed and thought it was nonsense.

If the guy could form a terrific partnership with Teddy Sheringham who he hated im sure he could handle a strop from Cantona
Mbappe is rolling his eyes all the time in PSG. It backfired during the Euros.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Front three of Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. Their midfield better be up to it cause only Neymar has workrate. Even Mbappe is lazy.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Surely just clickbait?

AS are a profit-seeking organisation and it is blatantly obvious a story about Ronaldo playing with Messi will get millions of clicks. Especially considering the amount of attention on PSG at present.

I personally don’t believe it. Would be great to see, though.

Rojow

That's BS. And besides, Ronaldo would be 37 years old when the next season starts. He's just too old now.

I fear PSG might replace Mbappé with Haaland.

TsuWave

I don't think there is beef though, is there? It's not wrestling. They're competitive with one another, but at this point in their careers? Why not see two of the best ever linking up. PSG is like real life FIFA now anyways, why not take it that one step further.
Nah.

Yin Yang. Hatfields and McCoy’s. Lakers and Celtics. United and Liverpool. Batman and The Joker. Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell. Senjus and Uchihas. The Lox and Dipset.

streets need that balance.

dinostar77

Didnt Ronaldo say he wanted to play top flight football till he was 40? He looks after himself as well. Maybe he will go to MLS and Inter Miami for his final few years.

Maybe PSG could get Ronaldo in just to have a season or two with Messi and Neymar. Though i don't think it would work. You'd need 3 x Kante clones in midfield to do all the defensive, off the ball work.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
To be fair as sad as I am about the oil money shite, seeing Ronaldo and Messi playing together would be pretty special.
Yup, I would take him back at Real Madrid but his wages could become a problem if we pretend to refresh the team and sign the likes of Mbappe and Haaland. Then that being said I'm very curious about what it would be for Messi and Ronaldo to play into the same team. They're always been differnt type of players and Ronaldo has changed the most but now at the dawn of their careers they could play together and compliment each other with Messi playing more like a number 10 and Ronaldo more like a striker. They would need the remaining 8 players to cover a lot ground for them so it might not work with the current set up at PSG, they would need to get rid at least of one of Neymar or Mbappe.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Serious rumours of a PSG move. The breaking story could be as early as tonight.

Please note: I maintain these are rumours, but very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.