Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldoVII

Disappointed that he's jumping ship. It doesn't seem that we have the money to go for a replacement at the moment. But if we start the season with just martial and rashford we're fecked.
That's how I see it. If this isn't a new decision from him then surely it's part of the planning. We've had stop gap after stop gap up front since Rooney/RVP other than Lukaku who failed. With Haaland and Nunez already moving, I'm struggling to see who we can get.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I wasn't expecting Ronaldo to stay from the second Champions League qualification became impossible.

If he wants out, and we get a fair offer, then it probably suits all parties to let him leave.

PS) Bruno as 2019 Tadic as a false #9

matt23

Shouldn't have signed a 2 year contract then, should he.

End of

Judas

Open to offers
Alright. Just buy a striker then. I'm not going to shed a tear really. If it's even true. Logically speaking, I think we would let him go if a brilliant offer came in. But I don't see why Castles would have the exclusive on this, is he still in with Mendes?

prateik

Legend for sure.. but he is hardly the solution.. he is 37.. papering over the cracks.. we needed a replacement anyway... this might force our hand now instead of going into the season dependent on him.. who knows when he hits the wall.

Swedish_Plumber

Yeah the lack of someone to come in and replace makes this shit for us. Can see us panic buying at the end of the window on some shite at a high price as everyone will know we’re desperate.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He is not what we need in this team for it to grow and evolve. Good news I think.

largelyworried

Completely relaxed about Ronaldo, I think the pros and cons of him staying next season are about even. My only concern is getting an adequate replacement, which might be tough if we weren't planning for it.

fps

Look, if Cavani was fit last season I would much rather have had him at CF. Work-rate, work ethic, determination etc, exactly what was needed up top. It is sad that Ronaldo's return hasn't worked, he has scored goals but that hasn't made the team better, he has been quite a static figure in an increasingly fluid and mobile game. It is time to find the true solutions to Man Utd's problems, and those will be found with players in their 20s.

RonaldoVII

Look, if Cavani was fit last season I would much rather have had him at CF. Work-rate, work ethic, determination etc, exactly what was needed up top. It is sad that Ronaldo's return hasn't worked, he has scored goals but that hasn't made the team better, he has been quite a static figure in an increasingly fluid and mobile game. It is time to find the true solutions to Man Utd's problems, and those will be found with players in their 20s.
The fact was that Cavani wasn't fit/bothered so the comparison is pointless.

Kammy26

Tbh I’m not bothered about this. I think we only signed him to stop him going to city, seems to be a recurring theme, Fred, Sanchez and Ronaldo all apparently going to city before they ended up at United. Seems like city set us up :lol:

Anyway as for Ronaldo it’s for the best if he leaves, we have plenty of time to get a replacement in. He would do well at Bayern or PSG he needs a ready made team to join at 37 he can’t stick around and fight anymore. If he does leave he’s still one of my favourite United players of all time.

Reactions: Sultan

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Let it happen quickly and let us hurry and find a replacement no.9.

I can already see him pissing off in the last week of the window like he did at Juventus and us ending up with nobody.

Judas

Open to offers
The truth is the only reason why getting rid would be a risk because I just don't see us buying a striker this summer, and we need one anyway, we'd beyond desperately need one if Ronaldo did leave.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Legend apparently, loves the club they say. Yet he wants to leave for a second time

Oh well, good riddance. Hopefully we find a club stupid enough to take the egomaniac off our hands
Of course he wants to leave with maybe one good season left in his legs at a decent level.

CarbonStoolBites

I wouldn’t be that bothered if its true, but replacing our main goal scorer is a headache we didn’t need this summer.

On one hand you gotta admire the motivation and hunger a 37 years old player who has won it all still got left.
On the other hand, why not stay for the season and help the club that helped you to become a household name without CL football for a season?

4-6-0 ala Spalletti’s Roma with Bruno as our “Totti”?

fps

The fact was that Cavani wasn't fit/bothered so the comparison is pointless.
Cavani wasn't the solution for the team either in his current state, the previous year's version would have been. He seems to have been hacked off with how the club treated him. I suppose what I'm saying is I'd rather we get in a fit, mobile striker who has it all to prove and years in which to prove it.

Nick.

And now we are regretting not moving for Darwin Nunez when we had the chance.

Judas

Open to offers
Realistically, who the hell is going to buy him? I don't think Mbappe would want him at PSG, and I don't think Real would go for him either.

Abraxas

I don't see how this is being chalked up as a good thing by many.

He might be full of ego, he might not run every ball down, but he's one of our very few goalscorers in this team. Sancho scored 3 goals last year. Three. Rashford is in terrible form. Martial is barely a footballer.

It's not good in any way shape and form. We already needed one attacking signing, this would leave us an awful lot to do.

Andrew7582

This proves he only cares about himself and never truly loved the club.

Unam333

Damn. Not in the Champions League really comes back to haunt us.

We're in for a bumpy ride next season. Don't know how the fans and the board will take it.

predator

Youth NITK
Can't see him leaving but in all honesty it would be best for all parties. He really will be wasting one of the last years of his career with us when he is still capable of playing for a top European side.

And we can invest in a young striker.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I don't see how this is being chalked up as a good thing by many.

He might be full of ego, he might not run every ball down, but he's one of our very few goalscorers in this team. Sancho scored 3 goals last year. Three. Rashford is in terrible form. Martial is barely a footballer.

It's not good in any way shape and form. We already needed one attacking signing, this would leave us an awful lot to do.
Because he’s completely detrimental to the way the manager will want to play. We’ll score goals. We had a much better season the one before last and he wasn’t in the team…

Woodenlung

I wouldn't have a problem if he left. He was poor last season and downright awful for a 2-3 month stretch.

angak

Happy for anyone to disagree with this.

I really don't believe he is in ETH plans. The club will never come out and say this this but a private conversation with Ronaldo about not starting every week and playing the kids would already happened. This is why his agent Mendes has been shopping Ronaldo for the past month.

I hope we can find a home for him before the season starts. Ronaldo leaving would be a step in the right direction.

Castia

The guy made himself unavailable for most of the season then played almost every game for Uruguay. Should have released him for free when he wanted to leave last January instead of paying him millions to holiday in South America.

Meanwhile a 37 year old Ronaldo is banging in 20+ goals for one of the worst United sides in recent history.

MalaysianRed7

I won’t believe it until Romano or Ornstein reports it. We need him to stay, he’s our best goalscorer and should be made captain - maybe that could be the carrot.

RuudTom83

The accountants will be happy looking at the wage bill last season compared to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.