Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Why a surprise? He's arguably the most driven footballer currently, all things considered.

He's in a lame duck year and won't be at United within 12 months. He's given the club advanced noticed and there's still 2 months to find some type of replacement more suited to EtH.

Frees up massive wages and will generate a transfer for a 2nd time. He's trying to win at the highest level and the club isn't able to do that this year. No problem. Amazing to see him back last season, but for all that he brought to the table, there's a lot to accommodate.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Not happening. More pressure tactics from his camp to bring better players in.
If that's the case he's a bigger bellend than I thought.

Going through the media to stir sh*t up. Yeah, what a legend.

Barthez

2 year contract.
Make him honour it. We can’t afford another striker! - Martial is as useful as a blind housewife and Marcus is more interested in putting peas on plates…..

djembatheking

We will be fine.

The fact he didn't make this clear earlier makes Ronaldo an even bigger tosser.
Yep, thats what annoys me, he could have let the club know as soon as the season was over if its because we haven`t got Champions league football and we could have looked for a striker before he went . If he goes now selling clubs know we are desperate to replace him and we get bent over a barrel again. We`ve always known he is a selfish twat though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we’re being brutally honest, he was completely shite till February anyway. He did score some solid CL goals but in the league we may as well have been playing with 10 men.

Quagmire Maguire

No surprise this at all, and who would blame Ronaldo for wanting out. He has gone from playing with the world's best to playing alongside Rashford, Maguire, Mctominay and Fred.

Oh well according to the top reds on this forum we will be fine as we have Rashford. So I fully expect a world class season from Rashford playing through the middle and scoring atleast as many as Ronaldo tucked away last season.

Rojofiam

Will be a blessing in disguise even if we don't sign a striker, mark my words.

So many people saying "dont blame him", hahah fecking *****. It's clear as day he doesn't give a feck about United, would've joined City last summer without a second thought, also left us when we were on top of the world with Ferguson for a struggling Madrid side.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Football is his profession and he is at the end of one of the best professional football careers in history. If I was in his position I would want to be somewhere where I can play in the top competitions now more than ever because each season now could be his last at the top. Why would you want to stay somewhere where there is a rebuild that could take a year or two that he ultimately won't be part of?
If I cared about the club and had ticked most career boxes, then I would stay yep.

VivaRonaldo85

I don’t blame him. He can still do a decent enough job for a regular CL team and his own brand and personal records are always going to trump his ‘love for the United fans.’

This may be a good thing in the long run for a total cultural reset for this squad but we must try to replace the goals somehow through a combination of getting much more out of what we currently have plus a couple of new striker signings.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We will be fine.

The fact he didn't make this clear earlier makes Ronaldo an even bigger tosser.
We've probably known for a while hence why we rivalled Liverpool for Nunez. He chose them, it happens.

I guess we are waiting to see how concrete it is before pursuing other options.

OT1214

My only problem with this news is that it has let other transfer threads in caf go down. We need more tweets on Frenkie & Martinez.

Suv666

Its depressing that he's leaving because of how shit we are but at the end of the day the return was a mistake and this would benefits both parties. The wages were insane and his finishing isn't what it used to be. Seen him miss so many easy chances last season. He's still good but not good enough to cry over.
As long as he doesn't join Chelsea I'm happy.

Gnarby(if he can play as #9) or Felix would be incredible additions to the team and could push us to the next level.

flappyjay

Could really do with him for another season. I doubt we have the money for a new striker this window.
This is one of the main reasons I wanted him to stay. If he leaves a striker moves very high on our priorities.

Godfather

These comparisons to the season before last are weird as feck. Last year we looked totally toothless without him up front. Like absolute shit. Who says Rahsford will ever find his form again? Who says Bruno will find his scoring boots again? Plus we have lost Greenwood and Cavani. So not all is good if Ronaldo leaves like some of the weird Twitter folks wants us to believe. We need goal scorers and a new right winger.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Absolutely. Who could fail to be excited about going into a season having no striker in the squad?
Only if you actually manage to believe that we'd go into the season without a CF addition

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fernandes should be the happiest man in Manchester with this news.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He's angry as much as a number of us are here and this could help accelerate transfers since until now we have (maybe) ONLY Malacia confirmed, which is not so great.
We risk losing FDJ to Chelsea who have CL and he wants CL.
Antony is not coming and Eriksen is still wary of the situation.
Maybe Martinez but it's been a tough slog for all United supporters.

Ronaldo forcing the issues???

Ollie Derbyshire

No issue with him leaving and I’d imagine ETH might not see it as a bad thing either. As good as it was to see Ronaldo back last year it seems the perfect time to start fresh and give ETH a squad that can play the way he wants. I’ve no idea who we bring in or if he thinks we can get enough goals spreading it around but give him what he needs.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jamie is completely right though. He just wanted out of Juventus and found the next best payer.

He doesn't care about United anywhere near as much as the fans want to think he does.

Stemmy

I'd be happy to see him leave. We'll be fine for goals some of you need to give your heads a wobble.

I'd rather get rid and not setup a team around a soon to be 38 year old who is only interested in padding his stats.

So much for the "he loves the club" crowd.

hobbers

The worst thing that could happen is this affect the De Jong deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.