Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy18

It all depends how much we're willing to spend. If Napoli are interested as suggested then Osimhen would be an interesting (but expensive) option.

If Martial wasn't so injury prone he could be salvageable.
Realistically the funds aren't there.

FDJ - 65M
Antony - 45m
Martinez - 45m
Malacia - 15m

That's 170m right there and we won't be spending a penny more.

Walters_19_MuFc

We're not getting him for our budget. We couldn't even afford City's backup striker with it.
What is our budget, because other than Moyes, our last three managers were giving on average 184M to spend in their first season at United.

Van Gaal 14/15 - 175.82M

Mourinho 16/17 - 166.5M

Ole 19/20 - 211.32M

Why, all of sudden, would ten Hag be given significantly less?

Dante

Average bang
I'm not worried in the slightest.

Yes, it leaves us a little short staffed for the time being. But Murtough seems clever enough to understand the importance of a striker, so I think he'll make extra funds available. We might need to dip into 2023's budget to buy a replacement, but it's not like this is extra expense that's come out of nowhere. It's just come a little early. If anything, getting a fee for Ronaldo (rather than letting him go for free at the end of his contract) will make it that much easier to bring in the right man.

Also, I think Ronaldo makes us a worse team and has contributed to the divided dressing room. Not that I'm saying it's his fault. But deliberate or not, he doesn't help.

Strelok

That's Mendes PR crap.

Ronaldo wants to play in the CL. We won't be there next season no matter what.

Ronaldo wants to win big trophies. We won't win the league next season no matter who we sign.
Agreed.

This 'club ambition' stuff is horseshit. He just wants to play in the CL. Imagine his biggest rival playing in the CL every week while he has to play in the Europa League. Being the narcissist twat he is there's no way his gigantic ego can live with that.

Why we're always so fecking stupid? Let him leave or he'll stink the place up until he get what he wants. He'll get it anyway but by then our dressing room would be in deep shit. Last thing we'd need next season with a new manager.

davidmichael

The main point I took out of the story is Ronaldo saying he wants to leave IF we get an ACCEPTABLE offer which unless Bayern are looking at a short term option to replace Lewandowski isn’t going to happen, this is such a ‘look at me, give me attention as no one has spoken about me lately’ story and Ronaldo is very self important which is why he couldn’t be our captain even if Maguire is having a nightmare period.

This shows that Ronaldo has no real respect for the club and the respect he has is for Sir Alex rather than United itself, he could have asked to leave at the end of last season if he felt like that as this coming season was still going to be no CL football a couple of months ago but instead he’s done this to make himself the biggest talking point whilst we’re fixing priority areas of the squad.

Reality is that we’re in a World Cup year and Ronaldo would kill any love the fans had for him if he performed poorly because we didn’t bow to his demands, he is so all about his brand that acting so unprofessionally would do more damage to him than to us.

Unless someone offers us our money back on him which they won’t because of his wages then he should be told that he’s here for another year then free to do what he likes once his contract is up, his alternative is risking his brand and his professional image as well as his fitness in a World Cup year as I think if Ronaldo went against ETH with the new regime then Ronaldo will lose and also lose the respect of our fans and also possibly to an extent Sir Alex as well.

AlexUTD

Ronaldo looking after Ronaldo,thats why he wont be a legend in my eyes.

After all this club has done for him and how much love he gets from the supporters of this club,leaves a really bad taste on my mouth to be honest.

Rojofiam

This will be a disaster for us. He was by far our best player last season.
How come we finished with 16 points less than the season before + everyone scored significantly less goals after Ronaldo arrived? :lol: He's a fecking problem and we'll be much better off without him.

Amir

It's not though is it. He wants out.
He wants out because we won't be in the CL and won't win the league.

Not because we're not signing players - because we won't be in the CL or win the league even if we do.

The whole 'I want out because we're not signing players' is an attempt to appease the fans: Look, I'm frustrated like you.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
How come we finished with 16 points less than the season before + everyone scored significantly less goals after Ronaldo arrived? :lol: He's a fecking problem and we'll be much better off without him.
This kind of logic is so so weird.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He wants out because we won't be in the CL and won't win the league.

Not because we're not signing players - because we won't be in the CL or win the league even if we do.

The whole 'I want out because we're not signing players' is an attempt to appease the fans: Look, I'm frustrated like you.
I'm not really frustrated mate. I'm in favour of him going

RedDevilRoshi

The main point I took out of the story is Ronaldo saying he wants to leave IF we get an ACCEPTABLE offer which unless Bayern are looking at a short term option to replace Lewandowski isn’t going to happen, this is such a ‘look at me, give me attention as no one has spoken about me lately’ story and Ronaldo is very self important which is why he couldn’t be our captain even if Maguire is having a nightmare period.

This shows that Ronaldo has no real respect for the club and the respect he has is for Sir Alex rather than United itself, he could have asked to leave at the end of last season if he felt like that as this coming season was still going to be no CL football a couple of months ago but instead he’s done this to make himself the biggest talking point whilst we’re fixing priority areas of the squad.

Reality is that we’re in a World Cup year and Ronaldo would kill any love the fans had for him if he performed poorly because we didn’t bow to his demands, he is so all about his brand that acting so unprofessionally would do more damage to him than to us.

Unless someone offers us our money back on him which they won’t because of his wages then he should be told that he’s here for another year then free to do what he likes once his contract is up, his alternative is risking his brand and his professional image as well as his fitness in a World Cup year as I think if Ronaldo went against ETH with the new regime then Ronaldo will lose and also lose the respect of our fans and also possibly to an extent Sir Alex as well.
Absolutely spot on, couldn't agree more with this.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Where do we think he'll go?

PSG, to line up with Mbappe and Messi?

AC Milan?

Would he take a huge wage cut to rejoin Sporting?

The Purley King

Agreed.

This 'club ambition' stuff is horseshit. He just wants to play in the CL. Imagine his biggest rival playing in the CL every week while he has to play in the Europa League. Being the narcissist twat he is there's no way his gigantic ego can live with that.

Why we're always so fecking stupid? Let him leave or he'll stink the place up until he get what he wants. He'll get it anyway but by then our dressing room would be in deep shit. Last thing we'd need next season with a new manager.
Amen
He’s shitting himself that messi gets 16 goals or whatever he needs to overtake him.
Just send him to Bayern and forget about it

Erics_Collar

Realistically the funds aren't there.

FDJ - 65M
Antony - 45m
Martinez - 45m
Malacia - 15m

That's 170m right there and we won't be spending a penny more.
I think, if Ronaldo goes, that will end our pursuit of Antony and will instead shift focus to a striker.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeh and I blame Sancho too. Fecking sell Sancho and bring James back we will surely finish 2nd again.

Woziak

Ronaldo should be allowed to leave but at £40M we have 1+1 so effectively 2 year contract, Bayern want the same for Lewandowski who has 1 year left or we do a direct swap with Bayern. If the Glaziers do sell though, they need to put another £90m, 20m in additional transfers and 70m in from their own bank accounts, I mean that’s only £10M per sibling the. Let ETH have a full £250M (120+40+90) to make some significant statement in the transfer. ETH could potentially then sign ;
T Malacia - 13M
NDJ - 57M
Y Tielemans- 35M
Antony - 50M
Martinez - 37M
C Eriksen - Free
L Martinez -60M

Sadly this would still be too many changes in one window and we would struggle for 5th or 6th position this season if we have any ambition of top 4 Ronaldo must stay however if his family are not settled then it’s understandable.

Ted Lasso

I'm not worried in the slightest.

Yes, it leaves us a little short staffed for the time being. But Murtough seems clever enough to understand the importance of a striker, so I think he'll make extra funds available. We might need to dip into 2023's budget to buy a replacement, but it's not like this is extra expense that's come out of nowhere. It's just come a little early. If anything, getting a fee for Ronaldo (rather than letting him go for free at the end of his contract) will make it that much easier to bring in the right man.

Also, I think Ronaldo makes us a worse team and has contributed to the divided dressing room. Not that I'm saying it's his fault. But deliberate or not, he doesn't help.
Hope we dip deep with both hands. Really need to correct the ship this season.

Giggsyking

We can’t really expect the GOAT to while away his last playing years in the Europa League and trying to beat Spurs to top 4
I dont give a feck what the goat want, my only concern is Manchester united. If we find a suitable replacement, he can feck off, otherwise he respects his contract with the club. I personally hope he leaves.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone else genuinely not bothered? I actually thought he should’ve left anyway to give Ten Hag a clean break.

He’s only going to be here for one more year at the most either way. He’s 37, on 500,000 a week, and his numbers were decent but he looked well past it numerous times last season. I think him going is best for all parties, and he probably shouldn’t have come back in the first place.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I dont give a feck what the goat want, my only concern is Manchester united. If we find a suitable replacement, he can feck off, otherwise he respects his contract with the club. I personally hope he leaves.
But but but....slave something something

DeGea’sFeet

Who is young, available, fits the style and would survive the pressure of replacing Cristiano? The media pressure is going to be massive.
That’s why Ten Hag gets paid £millions per year to manage the club and we have a scouting department.

But from a footballing perspective it could be a great way to reduce our reliance on goals from one or two players and start playing in a way where more players contribute to goals.

mancan92

His build-up play for the first 6-7 months of the season was shocking, some of the worst I've ever seen from a high-profiled player. He also missed a lot of easy chances where he should have done a lot better. He'll be easily replaced.
It's not the first 6-7 months that's absolute nonsense. He was bad from December till February when fixture pill up happened. Don't re write history. Look at the fixtures in his first 10 games he was deciding matches especially CL when he was literally saving us.

Godfather

Well last season we weren't. We were crap without him and hugely struggled to score as Bruno was mostly cack, Rahsford looked hardly a footballer, Sancho had yet to settle in, Greenwood happened and Elanga wasn't yet good enough. Who says any of that will change now when Ronaldo leaves? People blaming our form last year mostly on Ronaldo are so weird. He was one of our better players and unless everyone mentioned above starts balling again we have a problem if we can't replace him.

Heinzesight

I’ve always thought he’d only do one year anyway. Nice to have him back for a year but let’s all move on and see what happens.

GazTheLegend

This kind of logic is so so weird.
How is it hard to understand. We scored more goals and looked a far better team BEFORE we signed Ronaldo. We literally finished second + ahead of Liverpool without him. That's the logic.

It's pretty obvious he's been sulking his way through the season. Half our team looked utterly demoralised the entire campaign. The problem in so far as I see it is that if Ronaldo comes in and tells you you're shit, how the hell can you even argue with him? And as a manager, telling basically the best player in world history (or second at least) how to play is an impossible job. I love Ronaldo and everything that came with him but I 'get it' insofar as he makes a team worse sometimes, he did the same at Juve.

Maybe ten Hag has told him to feck off.
Well none of us know the whole story so it’s daft for so many to be losing their shit.
For all we know ETH has told him he won’t play, will barely play, or will have to accept alot of time on the bench.
Or, he’s told him he’ll be first choice every week and Ronaldo wants to leave anyway.
No-one knows, so I’m pretty calm about the whole thing. I’ve been confused about us being in for Eriksen, but it makes more sense to be now bringing in another attacking player.

Status
Not open for further replies.